Page 198 of 351 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248298 ... LastLast
Results 4,926 to 4,950 of 8774

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    I don't think there were too many shootouts in the demo; I think the shootouts that they put in the demo took a long time to get through. If I remember correctly (haven't played the demo in a very long time), it did give a general feel of what the game would play like...it had small puzzles, exploration, and shooting elements. I think the negativity over the shooting was that it overshadowed a lot of the other elements. I know the shooting parts took a long time for me to get through and may be that's what was the lasting impressions on some gamers.

I LOVED the demo and LOVED the game.

I played the demo for uncharted and HATED it. I found it so dull. I loved the visuals but to me the demo had no charm whatsoever. on the other hand I really enjoyed the ratchet and clank demo. back to the previous hand, the heavenly sword demo was craptacular to me as well. so to each their own but the general consensus has been that the uncharted demo specifically didn't showcase the game properly.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I'm one of the few people who actually enjoyed the demo of Uncharted. It gave some really cool glimpses of the control system, if not the puzzle elements to the game. But with that said, it's maybe a good idea that they didn't include a puzzle in there because they're so intertwined with the plot, and it would have been a real spoiler.

It would have made no sense to come up for a puzzle JUST for the demo either.

The only problem I had was that the second gun-fight was just too long. They should have reduced it a little but, it gave me a really good chane to get to grips with the combat system as well as getting a good look at enemy AI and animations. It was seeing those guys in action that really finaly sold me on buying the game.

My logic went along the lines of; "if they put even 50% of the effort into the rest of the game as they have the bad guys, it'll rock".
    Yesterday returneth not. Tomorrow perhaps cometh not. Today is thine. Misuse it not.

anybody else picking up MGS4 today? I am going to get it after work!

Walmart is giving a $100 gift card to anyone buying a PS3 this week for those wanting to get the 80gb MGS bundle for cheaper
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Snake, Snake, SNAAAKE!! Spider-01's Avatar
    I'm picking up my Limited Edition copy of MGS4 as soon as Gamestop opens. I can't wait! I've been waiting what feels like forever to finally know the answers to everything and today is finally the day!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    anybody else picking up MGS4 today? I am going to get it after work!

Walmart is giving a $100 gift card to anyone buying a PS3 this week for those wanting to get the 80gb MGS bundle for cheaper
    I'm heading over to Best Buy when they open in 45 minutes!

Here's a link to the a story about the Wal-Mart cards:

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/06/11/wa...-yes-even-mgs/

It's not just for PS3s, but ANY Blu-Ray player. Although why anyone wouldn't buy a PS3 for Blu-Ray is beyond me. But if you want the MGS bundle from Wal-Mart, get there ASAP - they've reportedly been selling pretty fast!
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post

It's not just for PS3s, but ANY Blu-Ray player. Although why anyone wouldn't buy a PS3 for Blu-Ray is beyond me. But if you want the MGS bundle from Wal-Mart, get there ASAP - they've reportedly been selling pretty fast!
    i'd assume SOME technophile snobs wouldn't want a ps3 as it is a game system as well. they don't want it's design and funtion to sully their home theatre layout and design. I know it might sound silly, but after workng in the wine industry and seeing how people with obscene amounts of disposable cash ACT for frivolity - this seems like a likely scenario.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    i'd assume SOME technophile snobs wouldn't want a ps3 as it is a game system as well. they don't want it's design and funtion to sully their home theatre layout and design. I know it might sound silly, but after workng in the wine industry and seeing how people with obscene amounts of disposable cash ACT for frivolity - this seems like a likely scenario.
    True, but I can't see those kind of super-wealthy people shopping at Wal-Mart with the dregs of humanity.....

True, but I can't see those kind of super-wealthy people shopping at Wal-Mart with the dregs of humanity.....
    well there's THAT too.

Fear is faith in failure

Wheee! MGS4 is in my grubby little hands! Can't play it until I get home though. As much as I'm not a fan of squad based shooters, I'm really excited for MGOnline.

Best Buy was FULLY stocked with over 200+ copies at 10:15, and they had 3 bundles on the shelf. (The allotted space for them was full, and I'm sure they have more in the back)

From the rear of the box - 4.6 GB installation space. I'm sure DMC4 was the same, but as this is only my 4th (MGS 4 - get it?) PS3 title, (Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Ratchet & Clank, Assassin's Creed) I haven't had much experience with the big installs. 30 minutes sound about right?

I'll be online tonight for MGO, (hope the servers don't crash) so if anyone doesn't have me on their friends list, my PSNID is:
    MOTU-247365

4-Wheeled Heroic Warrior Wheelor's Avatar

I want that bundle very badly. My fiance' wont let as we have a wedding to pay for as well as a house. I've been wanting an 80 Gig and she was getting it for my bday this past march but they were discontinued at that time.
    Quote the Raven
    "Nevermore"

Go here to get your codename:

www.metalgearnamegenerator.com

I'm Katana Wallaby

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelor View Post
    I want that bundle very badly. My fiance' wont let as we have a wedding to pay for as well as a house. I've been wanting an 80 Gig and she was getting it for my bday this past march but they were discontinued at that time.
    Here's what you do - go buy it at Wal-Mart, and then use the $100 gift card to get her something!
    Last edited by Skullface; June 12, 2008 at 12:09pm. Reason: huh?

Wheee! MGS4 is in my grubby little hands! Can't play it until I get home though. As much as I'm not a fan of squad based shooters, I'm really excited for MGOnline.
    Did you get it on the Beta, when the servers finally came up it was a blast.

From the rear of the box - 4.6 GB installation space. I'm sure DMC4 was the same, but as this is only my 4th (MGS 4 - get it?) PS3 title, (Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Ratchet & Clank, Assassin's Creed) I haven't had much experience with the big installs. 30 minutes sound about right?
    You have to keep in mind that MGS4 is the first PS3 game to utilize the complete capacity of the 50gb blu-ray disc, no other game before has done that so its 4.6gb install is actually necessary unlike DMC4 and some others which did it simply to decrease load times.

After the MGO Beta download and then massive patch I learned to just pop in the disc and let it go while I got back to watching HD Channels

Go here to get your codename:

www.metalgearnamegenerator.com

I'm Katana Wallaby
    I am Bayonet Hippopotamus
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Did you get it on the Beta, when the servers finally came up it was a blast.
    No, I figured I'd be more excited to go in fresh with the "full" version.

You have to keep in mind that MGS4 is the first PS3 game to utilize the complete capacity of the 50gb blu-ray disc, no other game before has done that so its 4.6gb install is actually necessary unlike DMC4 and some others which did it simply to decrease load times.

After the MGO Beta download and then massive patch I learned to just pop in the disc and let it go while I got back to watching HD Channels
    Yeah, I'll start the install and make/eat dinner & take shower while it's running.

I am Bayonet Hippopotamus
    LOL - I like that one better than mine! My son is Katana Bullfrog.....

Oh yes, my metal gear name is AWESOME!

Jabroni Bison reporting for duty!

Although my friend's name is even better...Chocolate Plankton.
    Continuing the story from where the new cartoon left off.
    Click here to check out The Continuing Adventures of He-Man!

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

I'm currently waiting for the MGS install to finish

I have to say....it has to be the nicest install sequence I've ever seen! I won't spoil it for you guys until you get to play. But I will tell you, the wart work looks GREAT on this game...and I haven't even started playing!!

Squeeeeee!! Excited!
    Yesterday returneth not. Tomorrow perhaps cometh not. Today is thine. Misuse it not.

Quote Originally Posted by IronAvatar View Post
    I'm currently waiting for the MGS install to finish

I have to say....it has to be the nicest install sequence I've ever seen! I won't spoil it for you guys until you get to play. But I will tell you, the wart work looks GREAT on this game...and I haven't even started playing!!

Squeeeeee!! Excited!
    Let us know how it is, before I came into work I watched the 20th anniversary MGS DVD that you got when you preordered MGS4 (it goes through the history of each character leading up to 4)

I am so pumped for it

Quote Originally Posted by VaderLives View Post
    Oh yes, my metal gear name is AWESOME!

Jabroni Bison reporting for duty!

Although my friend's name is even better...Chocolate Plankton.
    Both yours and your friends are great!

Mine is rubbish - Ionic Rhinoceros

Let us know how it is, before I came into work I watched the 20th anniversary MGS DVD that you got when you preordered MGS4 (it goes through the history of each character leading up to 4)

I am so pumped for it
    All I'll say is that it's VERY atmospheric....the initial intro has me a bit jittery and made me jump a little. I had to stop after that to give my wife some moral support for the Germany v. Croatia game....back to playing now.

The graphics are just fantastic though.

Ok...initial impressions of actual gameplay. You know longer have the Soliton radar that was always so helpful in the first MGS games, which makes things tricky. You REALLY have to pay attention to the patrol patterns of soliders, in order to sneak past them and even then, they don't always take the same path. Tricky!

The soldiers also no longer have their vision cone. If you're in their line of sight and not using your optical camo, they can spot you.

I have to say, it's pretty stressful to play this game. Not because it's hard or requires some sort of insane skill..but because you really do have to sneak. You have to be very mindful of the situation, recon the area you're going through as best as you can to plan your way ahead etc...

I'm just getting sucked in by this game. Loving every second of it!
    Last edited by IronAvatar; June 12, 2008 at 02:30pm.

Thanks IronAvatar, in 9 hours I will be able to play

And look, I think h*** is freezing over because hockey is finally coming to the Wii. I am not a fan of 2K's work on the Wii (most of it is garbage) but if it opens the doors so that EA can bring NHL over in 2009 I am 111110000% for it

If they were smart they would adapt PES2008 Wii soccer control scheme as FIFA 2009 is going to do (EA learned from Konami)

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080612/20080612006003.html?.v=1

“It’s our goal this year to bring the fun back to hockey video games,” said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. “NHL 2K9 for Wii includes the full feature set as available on other platforms, and added Wii Remote controls and other exciting features specific for the Wii console will allow dedicated fans the opportunity to fully enjoy and embrace NHL hockey in a brand new experience.”

NHL 2K9, being developed by Visual Concepts, is not yet rated by the ESRB, and will be available this fall for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Wii console from Nintendo, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system.

Oh....and guys....check out the items you can equip in MGS4. Amazing stuff!!

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    The fan is too loud to be an appropriate movie player.

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    Yours must be broke or something, I cant hear the fan on either mine or my brothers. But even with that said the incompatibility of almost every single other player out there would keep them from entering into a real technophiles setup

The only real problem I see with the PS3 is its design, its so oddly shaped its hard to fit in a lot of setups. I have mine stacked on top of my HD-DVD unit because its rounded dome just wont fit anywhere else

We were at Nebraska Furniture Mart this weekend and they had two demo displays of Blu-Ray running and both were using the PS3, they were pushing it SUPER hard and people were buying so thats a good sign for the format.

Not sure what you're talking about. My PS3 is whisper quiet....I can't tell if it's switched on, even in a quiet room!

I have mine in a tower with a glass door, and the fan only gets loud if I forget to leave the door open. (At which point, I open it immediately, and a minute or so later, it quiets down) When it is open, it's very quiet. (Or maybe i just have the sound cranked up very high.....)