Page 204 of 351 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254304 ... LastLast
Results 5,076 to 5,100 of 8761

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

4-Wheeled Heroic Warrior Wheelor's Avatar
    Can somebody post the 80 Gb Ps3's BC list here for me? Thanks in advance!!
    Quote the Raven
    "Nevermore"

WiiWare/VC update:
    WII-KLY UPDATE: ONE WIIWARE GAME AND ONE VIRTUAL CONSOLE GAME ADDED TO WII SHOP CHANNEL

June 30, 2008

You want fireworks? Look no further than the Wii™ Shop Channel, where vibrant bursts of classic gaming action and fresh WiiWare™ content will help fill your living room with a flurry of ooohs and ahhhs. Puzzle-game mavens can enjoy a wild new addition to the WiiWare library, while the Virtual Console™ brings a truly classic fighting game to the fore. For an added holiday-week blast, fans of the WiiWare hit FINAL FANTASY® CRYSTAL CHRONICLES®: My Life as a King™ can enhance the action with new Add-On Content.

Nintendo adds new and classic games to the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

WiiWare

Magnetica™ Twist (Nintendo, 1-4 players, Rated E for Everyone-Comic Mischief, 1,000 Wii Points): The classic puzzle game Magnetica is now available on WiiWare , putting its own unique "twist" on the puzzle-game experience. You're surrounded by marbles, marching slowly but surely down a track. Use a launcher (piloted by a Mii™ of your choice) to shoot marbles with matching colors and wipe them out before they reach the end of the track. Control couldn't be simpler, as all you need to do is twist the Wii Remote™ controller to aim and press the A button to shoot. And the game play remains as addictive and deep as you've come to expect in Nintendo's puzzle games, with five varied play modes, advanced mechanics such as the ability to lob marbles, and a never-ending supply of combos. This definitely isn't your typical game of marbles.

Virtual Console

FATAL FURY 2 (NEOGEO, 1-2 players, Rated T for Teen-Animated Blood, Violence, 900 Wii Points): Released in 1992 by SNK, FATAL FURY 2 is the second installment in the renowned fighting-game series. In addition to Terry, Andy and Joe, who appeared in the original game, another five distinctive fighters gather from around the world to compete for the championship title. Also newly added are stage-specific hazards and the ability to perform desperation attacks when a character's strength is low. These particularly deadly techniques create the chance for a come-from-behind victory achieved with a single strike. Moreover, the innovative two-line battle, which proved popular in the previous version, also has been radically enhanced. Pressing the weak-attack and strong-attack buttons simultaneously enables players to move their fighters to another line themselves, or to launch an attack that pushes opponents back to another line. This game mechanic, unique to this title in the series, allows the player to take advantage of the depth of the screen and create even more exciting bouts. Can you prove yourself the king of fighters again?

For more information about Wii, please visit wii.com.
    PS3 firmware 2.40 coming this Wednesday.....

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/885/885209p1.html
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by Raining Light View Post
    Blizzard announces Diablo III
    no release date yet.
    For PC and Mac(for now, be nice to see it on consoles, but not sure if it would be ported well).

Videos look good. I never played a Diablo game so Im guessing its and RPG?
    they call it an action rpg. Don't worry you dont have to play the previous games to know whats going on. Go to www.blizzard.com/diablo3 and then to world and read deckard cain's journal. It goes through events of the first 2 games and even has all the cinematics for part 2. You dont even have to read, you can get deckard to recite each page for you.

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    I wont be playing it unless its on consoles.
    I dont really like PC gaming, plus my computer is like 7 years old.
    I can barely watch a video let alone play anything.
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

Videos look good. I never played a Diablo game so Im guessing its and RPG?
    If you want to play something similar on a console check out Marvel Ultimate Alliance, its on par with how I feel the Diablo games play (of course Diablo I and II are much deeper but the jist of the gameplay is the same)

God of War is very similar as well in how it deals with enemies except God of War utilizes the QTE functions to defeat big enemies and bosses
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    I played MUA, its-ok.
    I dont really like the way MUA goes about level design.
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

Actually a MUCH closer parallel to Diablo on a non-PC system are the two Lord of the Rings games for Game Boy Advance. They essentially play exactly like the Diablo games just not point and click. Those game are GREAT! They blow the ****ty console versions away BY FAR.

Now I REALLY need to get a new computer.
    Continuing the story from where the new cartoon left off.
    Click here to check out The Continuing Adventures of He-Man!

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

First Castlevania game announced for Wii! But it's a........fighter?????

http://wii.ign.com/articles/885/885501p1.html

All I can say is "What the ....?"

Well that's...different. I'll be getting it the day it comes out, of course, but still...ok... Could be really cool if done right...

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    First Castlevania game announced for Wii! But it's a........fighter?????

http://wii.ign.com/articles/885/885501p1.html

All I can say is "What the ....?"
    It could be an interesting pick up once it's released, but I think they should really be trying to perfect the transition to 3D. The N64 Castlevania games were complete failures, the PS2 titles were a pretty nice attempt, but were still lacking, and now this is the generation they need to perfect 3D Castlevania. Putting out a fighting game doesn't really make any progress on that front.
    "After 10,000 years I'm free! It's time to conquer Earth!"

I actually LOVED Catlevania 64 (in fact my second favorite), and HATED Curse of Darkness. Haven't played Lament of Innocence yet. But I agree, they need to make a true Castlevania game for the Wii. This sounds like it could be fun, though.

-Harvey Dent

Quote Originally Posted by VaderLives View Post
    I actually LOVED Catlevania 64 (in fact my second favorite), and HATED Curse of Darkness. Haven't played Lament of Innocence yet. But I agree, they need to make a true Castlevania game for the Wii. This sounds like it could be fun, though.
    I loved Curse of Darkness except for the fact that the level designs were kind of weak. Everything looked the same.

The main reason I hated the N64 games is because the soundtrack wasn't anywhere near what you would expect in a Castlevania game.

If you didn't like Curse of Darkness, you probably won't like Lament of Innocence, as, aside from the story of the game, it's extremely similar to Curse of Darkness.
    "After 10,000 years I'm free! It's time to conquer Earth!"

I wont be playing it unless its on consoles.
    I dont really like PC gaming, plus my computer is like 7 years old.
    I can barely watch a video let alone play anything.
    then you are missing out on some good games. My current pc is 6 or 7 years old and it still plays most games decently. Diablo has never really required great graphics. This one probably wont either.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf-manj View Post
    then you are missing out on some good games. My current pc is 6 or 7 years old and it still plays most games decently. Diablo has never really required great graphics. This one probably wont either.
    Most games by Blizzard do not require monumental computer setups, I can still play Starcraft and Diablo II on my Mac from 1999
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Don't think this has been talked about too much yet, but Microsoft seems to at least have made some headway for users to transfer DLC between old & new consoles.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/sy...ensemigration/

I knew at one point, they claimed to be have a process for you to do it if you had to send your console in and got a different one back, but this update looks like now anyone can do it, whether you've gotten a different one back from the service center, or if you outright bought a new one.

If it works, I'm sure many people will be happy to not have to be logged on to Xbox LIVE all the time to use their DLC. Still sucks that you have to re-download everything again, but it's still a better solution than what they offered previously...

Just read that you can only do it once every 12 months, and that refurbished consoles will already have it done for you. I wonder how long before they get bombarded with calls from stupid people looking to cheat the system by trying to transfer stuff between their friends' consoles.....
    Last edited by Skullface; July 2, 2008 at 01:33am.

Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger Dragon Ranger's Avatar
    I need to change my pants.....

http://na.square-enix.com/ctds/
    The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Ranger View Post
    I need to change my pants.....

http://na.square-enix.com/ctds/
    Nice! Too bad I already have it both on the SNES and my PS1/PSP.

I'll have to wait and see if Square updates anything. Probably not, being on the DS.......(But then again, I have yet to buy any of the Square remakes, due to the "Square tax".....)

Nice! Too bad I already have it both on the SNES and my PS1/PSP.

I'll have to wait and see if Square updates anything. Probably not, being on the DS.......(But then again, I have yet to buy any of the Square remakes, due to the "Square tax".....)
    Its going to be an "enhanced" version (could be using the new engine they set up for Final Fantasy IV and Dragonwarrior)

In addition
    The game is a port of the classic Super Nintendo RPG, modified to take advantage of the DS's dual-screen presentation and touch screen functionality. They'll also be spicing things up a bit with an entirely new dungeon for the DS version, as well as wireless multiplayer battles.
    I never owned it on the SNES or the PS1 (I had a copied disc for the PS1 but cant find it anymore) so I will unfortunetly give Square my $40

Whoa.

I paid $80 for Chrono Trigger when it first came out on the SNES, but then I sold it online before it got rereleased for $100... so maybe it's high time I take the profits from that sale oh so long ago and re-buy it for the DS.

All I know is that if Square tries to charge MORE than $40 for it, I'm gonna storm their offices and go berserk!

$40 (the standard Square DS price) is more than enough, but I can see them trying to go $50 for it. Don't know if Nintendo would go for that though.......

All I know is that if Square tries to charge MORE than $40 for it, I'm gonna storm their offices and go berserk!

$40 (the standard Square DS price) is more than enough, but I can see them trying to go $50 for it. Don't know if Nintendo would go for that though.......
    None of the Square DS games sells for more than $39.99, the MSRP might be $45-49 but 99% of major retail chains will put it on "sale" for $34.99-39.99

I paid $39.99 for FFCC Ring of Fates and $35.99 for World Ends with You

Oh and I rented Lego Indiana Jones for the Wii a few days ago, that game rocks!!! I wish I had bought it release week when it was $39 with a free $10 gift card at Nebraska Furniture Mart. But since its a licensed game it will come down in price or reach a greatest hits price point of $19 sooner or later

Awesome! It's about time Square gave us Chrono Trigger again! God I love that game so very much, I'll take it over any Final Fantasy game, any day of the week.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Oh and I rented Lego Indiana Jones for the Wii a few days ago, that game rocks!!! I wish I had bought it release week when it was $39 with a free $10 gift card at Nebraska Furniture Mart. But since its a licensed game it will come down in price or reach a greatest hits price point of $19 sooner or later
    I love the game as well, but I'd definitely wait on it - employees from the LucasArts shakeup have already said there's a 2nd Indy LEGO game in the works, which based on previous track records I'm almost certain will be "The Complete Saga" The same game out now with the addition of 6 more levels based on Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Yeah, I figure it'll probably be either that or a combo of Crystal Skull and Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. Probably the "complete saga" though, since that'd be quicker and cheaper for them to produce.

-Harvey Dent

Wii update:

WII-KLY UPDATE: ONE WIIWARE GAME AND ONE VIRTUAL CONSOLE GAME ADDED TO WII SHOP CHANNEL

July 7, 2008 - This week's additions to the Wii™ Shop Channel are bigger, stronger and faster. It's all about excess with these electrifying titles. A new WiiWare™ offering puts you behind the wheel of a high-octane racer with no regard for speed limits. A classic Virtual Console™ game transforms you into a larger-than-life beast with a massive appetite for mayhem. Whichever you choose, there will be no skimping on the action.

Nintendo adds new and classic games to the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

WiiWare

SPOGS Racing™ (D2C Games™, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone-Mild Cartoon Violence, 1,000 Wii Points): Coming at you full throttle is SPOGS Racing, an all-new racer from D2C Games featuring classic arcade racing, pick-up-and-play controls, all-new racing vehicles and Crash N' Grab™ instant upgrades. Jump in, gear up and modify your ride on the fly as you compete head-to-head for a totally outrageous arcade racing experience on your Wii console. Whether you're a casual gamer or hardcore racer, SPOGS Racing features fun for all and is a must-have download for your WiiWare digital game library.

Virtual Console

KING OF THE MONSTERS (NEOGEO, 1-2 players, Rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and Older-Fantasy Violence, 900 Wii Points): Released by SNK in 1991, KING OF THE MONSTERS is an action/fighting game that features city-destroying battles between huge monsters. Choose one of six monsters and travel around Japan, stopping to fight in various famous cities with the aim of becoming the ultimate winner. In addition to punches, kicks and other regular moves, each character has the ability to use more devastating maneuvers, like throwing flames and shooting laser beams, to defeat opponents. Wrestling elements are also incorporated, as you must completely exhaust your opponent and get a three-count to pin him and be victorious. Along with the player-versus-computer game, multiplayer options allow you and a friend to enjoy one-on-one matches and two-on-two tag-team matches against the computer. Take on the challenge and claim the title of King of the Monsters.

For more information about Wii, please visit wii.com.