Page 205 of 350 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,125 of 8734

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Man these are depressing....I haven't had a game on there I've wanted to download for a while now...
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Quote Originally Posted by Raining Light View Post
    I wont be playing it unless its on consoles.
    I dont really like PC gaming, plus my computer is like 7 years old.
    I can barely watch a video let alone play anything.
    You don't need a bleeding edge system to play video games. That's a misconception. As long as you have three key things (Halfway decent processor, decent amount of RAM, and a halfway decent video card) in the computer it should be able to run most games fine at medium (ie Console counterpart quality) settings.

My system is three years old, and plays games absolutely fine. It was less than a grand when I built it. When I'm ready for the next build I'll get a new motherboard, RAM, and Processor. I'll repurpose everything else (Case, video card, sound card, hard drive, etc.)

If you're more the type to buy a prebuilt Most $600 bundles (HP, Dell, Etc) plus a decent video card ($150 -$250) will get you a fine enough games capable computer.

On top of all of that most PC games scale well so if you don't have the scratch to change a component, but want a new game, you can turn off a lot of the effects, and it'll run better so long as you don't mind the lower graphic quality

Finally, most games have gamepad support. So if the Keyboard Mouse combo is what keeps you from playing, you can simply pick up a game pad.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    MY xbox has more RAM/Memory and power then my PC.
    xbox-516 ram and 100gb
    PC 156 ram and 2 gb

Plus why pay 800 dollars when I have a 360?
    I dont even have an HD screen. but I have an HD tv.

As far as keyboard mouse/ to gamepad--again why when I already have a console?

I know its possible but not worth it.
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

Some more information about Facebreaker has come out, it will be shown next week at E3. I know some members here were interested in it as possibly being an evolution to Wii Sports Boxing (which was taken a step further with the balance board in Wii Fit)

IGN: FaceBreaker is also coming to PS3 and 360. Explain to us the differences between those versions and the Wii title.

Trey: The PS3 and 360 versions of FaceBreaker are rockin' and really take advantage of the platforms they are appearing on. They're super fast, super responsive, and super purty. With FaceBreaker K.O. Party on the Wii, we really focused on using the strengths of the Wii and catering to the needs and wants of Wii gamers. I'd say the 3 biggest differences between the PS3/360 versions of FaceBreaker and FaceBreaker K.O. Party on the Wii are the Controls, the Visual Style, and the exclusive Multiplayer modes.

IGN: How different is FaceBreaker K.O. Party from, say, EA's Fight Night series?

Trey: Outside of both franchises featuring characters that wear boxing gloves and fight in rings I'd say they really couldn't be more different. We set out to create something with some old school arcade flavor, but with all of the bells, whistles, and Wiimotes we have to play with today. It was important for us from the get-go not to take ourselves too seriously. It sounds really cheesy, but we came up with a catch phrase early in development that has helped us keep on the right track - "LOL Entertainment." We're hoping that FaceBreaker literally makes you and your friends laugh out loud at all of the crazy things you can do in the ring…and to your opponent's face.

IGN: How do the Wii controls work?

Trey: There are a whack load of buzz words that people toss around when talking about controls on the Wii, but the two that we've been razor-sharp focusing on are intuitiveness and responsiveness. In doing our research on what games have been the most successful at these two things, we kept circling back around to Wii Sports. With intuitiveness, we wanted each and every gesture to match what your character is doing on the screen…from Jabs, to Charge Punches, to Breakers (our Super Punches). There's a deep satisfaction that takes place when this happens, and we see this as a key ingredient to being successful on the Wii. And responsiveness… if your character isn't doing what you want them to do, when you want them to do it, it becomes less about strategy and more of a "Flailfest" where whoever "waggles" fastest wins - and that is lame. We knew we needed to nail that 1 to 1 responsiveness or it wasn't even worth showing up to the ballpark. There's an additional level of immersion that takes place when Wii controls deliver on the intuitiveness AND responsiveness fronts. Bottom line, we know the controls are our bread and butter and we've invested in them accordingly.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

MY xbox has more RAM/Memory and power then my PC.
    xbox-516 ram and 100gb
    PC 156 ram and 2 gb

Plus why pay 800 dollars when I have a 360?
    I dont even have an HD screen. but I have an HD tv.

As far as keyboard mouse/ to gamepad--again why when I already have a console?

I know its possible but not worth it.
    Because if your rig is 7 years old and nearing retirement anyway, and you want to play a new release that won't see a console release why not have the pc be games capable?

I was simply illustrating the point that it doesn't have to be a $2500 alienware for you to play a pc game.
    The Deviot
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

I've been going crazy on the Check Mii Out channel lately. How 'bout you guys? (Sorry if it's been discussed. The thread is super long, and the search feature wasn't working right for me).

Here's what my Skeletor looks like. Go import him if you like him (5472-2492-5183), and check out my other mii's too. (Sorry about the junk picture. I don't know how to get good pictures from the TV screen).

Quote Originally Posted by HordakQuack View Post
    Man these are depressing....I haven't had a game on there I've wanted to download for a while now...
    I agree with you about that. SBM3 was the last game I downloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    Because if your rig is 7 years old and nearing retirement anyway, and you want to play a new release that won't see a console release why not have the pc be games capable?

I was simply illustrating the point that it doesn't have to be a $2500 alienware for you to play a pc game.
    I know.
    I was just saying I have a console that works fine. And unless I win the lottery I wont be getting a new PC for quite a long time. I dont have $800 bucks laying around, it was hard enough to get a 360-lol.
    I cant imagine setting in a chair for so long all uncomfortable and stuff. Plus with a console its easier with kids and easier for my kids.
    Just always been into consoles. I tried PC gaming once, it was more a hassle then enjoyable.

In case nobody heard yet PC gets two shooters for FREE toward years end

Battlefield Heroes Which EA is releasing under their play for free initative

and Quake LIVE An enhanced version of Quake III Team Arena that will run in any webbrowser for free! Plus it will have leaderboards, skill based matchmaking, and mods!
    The Deviot

-?

360 price cuts to be officially announced at E3:

20GB system drops from $349.99 to $299.99 (effective Sunday 7/13)
    60GB system introduced for (presumably) $349.99 (hits retail in July-maybe 7/13)
    No updates yet on Arcade or Elite price cuts

In October/November:
    60GB HDD package for $99.99-includes 60GB HDD, 3 months of LIVE, wired headset & ethernet cable (although I think they mean transfer cable for upgraders)
    120GB HDD price cut from $179.99 to $149.99
    No updates yet on price cut for standalone 20GB HDD (currently priced at $99.99)

http://gear.ign.com/articles/887/887195p1.html

Good news, as my 20GB HDD is almost full. (Just sucks that out of the 20GB, you can only use 14GB outta the box due to system files taking up the rest of the space)
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    360 price cuts to be officially announced at E3:
    Still to expensive to have to deal with potential RROD headaches

Hopefully this new models leads the way to a redesigned motherboard so that the RROD problem goes away for good!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Still to expensive to have to deal with potential RROD headaches

Hopefully this new models leads the way to a redesigned motherboard so that the RROD problem goes away for good!
    You know, this is the only message board I see people still talking about the RROD.

It's pretty much non existant everywhere I check out and with everyone I talk too. I'd say it is getting taken care of(finally). A buddy on my friends list just got it a couple days ago. 1st time I heard about someone having it in atleast 4 months or more.

Is that enough?, of course not, but things are getting better.

My fiancee's brother just got his third 360 this week, due to the RROD. It's definitely still an issue.
    Continuing the story from where the new cartoon left off.
    Click here to check out The Continuing Adventures of He-Man!

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

I guess Im glad I live where I do for once.
    No one to talk to and I guess its good to vist the sites I do, cause its totally not an issue here.
    I think I prefer not hearing about it-lol.

Well I wish everyone the best of luck with it.
    I still prefer it to a console that I would barely use though, due to games.
    But hey I learned I am the minority here.

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    *knocks on wood* I am still using my original 360 purchased in December of 2005. Hopefully mine was somehow manufactured better than the rest and it continues to work.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

You know, this is the only message board I see people still talking about the RROD.
    You dont look hard enough, check out neogaf (the biggest video game messageboard on the net) as well as some other 360 based message boards and you will see its about a weekly occurance

And for not happening enough I can give you the names and emails of 3 people who just had it happen to them

I will say the newest revision (Nov-Dec 2007 manuf date) is LESS likely to RROD but to act like its not still a problem is ignoring the issue and being blinded by Microsoft PR. Until they physically change the way the case and motherboard is designed the issue will not be 100% solved, its a DESIGN issue not any run of the mill bad luck.

The ironic thing about the whole RROD issue is that MS created the case the way they did to save money (they cut corners so to speak) but when everything started going wrong and they had to increase the warrentys, got the bad PR they did, and chains like Gamestop refused to resell their "refurbished" units for a while, they should have just spent the intial money and done it correctly.

First off dont but words in my mouth.
    I am in no way ignoring the issue.

I said the places I go and people I talk to, there's no talk about it.
    So I thought it was doing better.
    Excuse me for looking at the positive.

Im sorry people are having trouble, but in MY neck of the woods there is no talk about it.
    Everyone acts like it on the front page in big bold letters of every newspaper, and its not.
    Thats an improvement no matter how small.

I said the places I go and people I talk to, there's no talk about it.
    So I thought it was doing better.
    Excuse me for looking at the positive.
    Don't be so defensive, I was talking about the game community as a whole in regards to the RROD and how people see it as "not a big deal" (you are not the only one, I just had a discussion with a guy who said he thought the problem was overblown)

It has gotten better (as I even posted above), and if you get one that has the correct voltage and a manuf date after Nov 2007 (the last big revision on the board) your chances for a RROD decrease by almost 1/3

What the system needs now is a complete revision (new case, slimmer since it its in its 3rd year and now has the 65mm chipset there is no reason for the bigger case)

Thats the point I was trying to make initially was a price drop does nothing to change that. The RROD is the last hurdle in the way of me purchasing it, I own every other system on the market but as long as there is a larger than 10% chance I will face the RROD I will not be giving MS any money. Thats a big shame given the awesome library the 360 has too!

Heroic Warrior
    If my 360 goes I am going for the PS3. I would get one now but ofe the past month I have put out $500 in new things for my Wii. and now Wii has brand new Mega Man 9 for download done in classic NES style I am sucker for NES game
    HOOS HOOS HOOS HOOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody wants to talk about the Check Mii Out channel? Did I come to the wrong place?

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    Nobody wants to talk about the Check Mii Out channel? Did I come to the wrong place?
    No its the right place, I just think with the summer everything is a bit down (more people working)

I have not actually downloaded the Check Mii Out Channel because of all the Wii Ware and VC stuff I have (not had time to back it up to SD cards)

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Don't be so defensive, I was talking about the game community as a whole in regards to the RROD and how people see it as "not a big deal" (you are not the only one, I just had a discussion with a guy who said he thought the problem was overblown)

It has gotten better (as I even posted above), and if you get one that has the correct voltage and a manuf date after Nov 2007 (the last big revision on the board) your chances for a RROD decrease by almost 1/3

What the system needs now is a complete revision (new case, slimmer since it its in its 3rd year and now has the 65mm chipset there is no reason for the bigger case)

Thats the point I was trying to make initially was a price drop does nothing to change that. The RROD is the last hurdle in the way of me purchasing it, I own every other system on the market but as long as there is a larger than 10% chance I will face the RROD I will not be giving MS any money. Thats a big shame given the awesome library the 360 has too!
    Sorry its been a weird last couple days for me.

Microsoft really should have went for Copper Heatsinks on the 360 rather than the Aluminum ones. I didn't design the console mind you, but Copper does sustain heat better than Aluminum, and I wouldn't be surprised if the RROD issue occurred less often had they switched to Copper.

I also read on 1up's rumor control that Microsoft maybe doing to the 360 what IBM did with the PC in the 80's, and that is allow other companies to manufacture 360's too. This never worked for the 3D0 of course, but it would be interesting to see a Hewlett Packard, or Samsung Xbox360, and if one of those got the RROD.
    The Deviot

-?

I also read on 1up's rumor control that Microsoft maybe doing to the 360 what IBM did with the PC in the 80's, and that is allow other companies to manufacture 360's too. This never worked for the 3D0 of course, but it would be interesting to see a Hewlett Packard, or Samsung Xbox360, and if one of those got the RROD.
    Well nothing worked for the 3DO

Though we did buy the 3DO (still have it, does not work on any current PC) PC board by Creative Labs

Microsoft really should have went for Copper Heatsinks on the 360 rather than the Aluminum ones. I didn't design the console mind you, but Copper does sustain heat better than Aluminum, and I wouldn't be surprised if the RROD issue occurred less often had they switched to Copper.

YEa, I said something about this a little while back,
    I just cant imagine a Toshiba 360.

Edit: Just found this(good ol Jack Thompson-lol)
    http://talkingaboutgames.com/content/view/1582/1/
    Last edited by Raining Light; July 9, 2008 at 08:15pm.