Page 230 of 351 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330 ... LastLast
Results 5,726 to 5,750 of 8768

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Raining Light View Post
    Turnaround time is about a month.
    The towel trick only works for awhile.
    I know its not a cure but i got an extra day out of it. i finally got my console registered and now i'm waiting for the e-mail with the postage label. well i guess now i have time to play my ps3. resistance 2 came out today. i might wait until friday to get it. started Uncharted back up last night. i didn't expect to see those ugly monsters in this game.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Actually, the turn around time has gotten a lot better.

I actually had my 360 (which I bought back in December of '05) get the RROD a few weeks back for the first time. The whole process took a little over a week.

They actually send you a box and the whole thing goes through UPS.

My system got the RROD on a Sunday, so I went online, registered the system, and filled out the info reporting that I got the RROD and needed to get the system replaced.

I received the box on either Tuesday or Wednesday, which includes a UPS return label. I packed up the system, and took it to UPS that Wednesday. I think I had my replacement system by Tuesday or so of the following week.

So, all in all is wasn't too bad.

I can't guarantee that the time frame on yours will be the same, but I don't think waiting a month is the norm anymore. It used to be when this first became a BIG problem, but now that things are under better control than they were previously, it shouldn't be that bad.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

ARG!!!!!!!!! I just got a new PS3 after having sent mine in to Sony due to how loud the fan gets and everyone telling me that theirs is nothing more than a whisper. I just got it back last night, set it up, and bam, same damn problem.

Is this seriously just how they are? I even set it up on a small pedestal, upright, in the middle of a 60 degree room with nothing around it to block airflow whatsoever, and the fan still got up to "level 3" when playing back a DVD. What the hell!?!?

Valkyria Chronicles is looking mad hot but it's PS3 only...
    A Postmodern Man For the 21st Century.

Mega Man 3 comes with VC with today's update!

WII-KLY UPDATE: TWO WIIWARE GAMES AND ONE VIRTUAL CONSOLE GAME ADDED TO WII SHOP CHANNEL

Nov. 10, 2008

Are you hungry? Think of this week's Wii™ Shop Channel lineup as a lively menu that aims to satisfy every appetite. You'll find a food-themed game to tempt your tummy, a challenging brain game to please your noggin and a classic sci-fi action title to fuel your imagination. Whatever the recipe, you're sure to come back for seconds-and thirds, and fourths, and beyond.

Nintendo adds new and classic games to the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

WiiWare™

Brain Challenge™ (Gameloft, 1-4 players, Rated E for Everyone, 1,000 Wii Points): Just like your body, your brain needs to be exercised to stay in shape. Boost your brain and relieve stress through various minigames in a personal session to get a detailed evaluation. Challenge your friends' brains in delirious party games to see who is the smartest. Test your brain's abilities in Visual, Memory, Logic, Math and Focus minigames. Compare yourself with friends by challenging their brains in three multiplayer modes. Develop your resistance to stressful situations that could happen in real life. Use a customized Mii™ character to create personal sessions. Choose your favorite personal coach. Track your overall performance with detailed statistics and graphs. The special Kid Test and Senior Test modes will gather everyone around the game.

Yummy Yummy Cooking Jam (Virtual Toys, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone-Animated Blood, Comic Mischief, 1,000 Wii Points): Yummy Yummy Cooking Jam is a frenetically active cooking game in which you must serve food to your customers as quickly as possible. This could be a simple task, but the customers aren't very patient, and you'll find a multitude of annoying insects that make the noble mission of satisfying your small gourmets' stomachs much more difficult. In the game's Career Mode, your goal is to become the best chef in the city. To do so, you have to prove your worth by cooking in four fantastic restaurants: the Hot Dog, Hamburger, Pizza and Mexican Restaurant. Enjoy playing Yummy Yummy with your family, serving delicious food to the most surprising characters: vampires, ninjas, extraterrestrials and mafia thugs. Put on your chef's hat, sharpen your knives and turn up the heat.

Virtual Console™

Mega Man™ 3 (NES™, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone-Mild Cartoon Violence, 500 Wii Points): In the year 200X, the notorious Dr. Wily, now reformed and working for the forces of good, works hand-in-hand with Dr. Light to build a new type of peacekeeping robot. When a new set of eight Robot Masters escapes the lab to wreak havoc on the world at large, only Mega Man can save the day. This time, Mega Man must rely on his new slide move and canine companion Rush to conquer the stages and vanquish evil. A new character, Proto Man, adds to the mystery and appeal of this seminal title in the famous action-game series.

For more information about Wii, please visit wii.com.
    Last edited by Skullface; November 10, 2008 at 02:34pm.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

RESIDENT LINK 4!!!!!!!!!!!

If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by hijinio View Post
    RESIDENT LINK 4!!!!!!!!!!!
    Link is hardcore
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I haven't posted for a while (bet you all missed me). Anyhow, Konami have posted their financial results, which have increaded by 90% compared to the same time last year.

Although they haven't said there's any one reason for the increase, it's likely MGS4 was a major contributor with over 4 million units shipped, with the game being a bit of a slow burner as sales steadily increase.

November 7, 2008

Konami Profits Surge 90% on Metal Gear Solid 4 Sales
    After recently predicting an 88% rise in profit on the back of sales of Metal Gear Solid 4, Konami has announced its financial results today -- with profit actually increasing by 90.3% over the same period in the previous year.

Konami has released its consolidated financial results for the six month period ending September 30, 2008. Its net revenues have jumped 9.8% to 147 billion yen (U.S.$1.5 billion), while profit has jumped 90.3% to 12 billion yen (U.S.$123 million).

While the report does not list any one factor leading to this increase, it does point out that over four million copies of Metal Gear Solid 4 have already been shipped globally, and sales are "still steadily increasing".

Overall, the Metal Gear franchise shipped 4.33 million units from June to September 2008, up majorly from 0.51 million in the same 2007 period. Interestingly, with game sales up from 7.84 million to 11.75 million, the franchise provided the vast majority of the company's game biz boost.

In fact, Konami's sales of the PS3 platform were up from 1% to 38% of the company's game revenues, since Metal Gear Solid 4 is PS3-exclusive at present.

Other franchises which provided profit include the Japan-only arcade and Nintendo DS hit Quiz Magical Academy, and the internationally popular Dance Dance Revolution and Winning Eleven/Pro Evolution Soccer series.

Revenue in Konami's Digital Entertainment division -- i.e. games -- grew 25.5 percent from the same period in the previous year, while its Health & Fitness (Konami Sports Clubs) and Gaming & System (slot machines and related businesses, which Konami pursues globally) both grew more modestly, at 3.5 and 3.3 percent, respectively.

According to the report, Konami, like most Japanese publishers, says that it "intends to focus on the European and North American video game software markets, where growth is more stable than in the mature domestic Japanese market."

The company points to the popularity of its Pro Evolution Soccer series -- 48 million shipped to date -- as a hallmark of this strategy, while Dance Dance Revolution and the critically-panned Rock Revolution are aimed at success in the North American market.

Konami continues to find success in the Japanese arcade market, and will continue to support it, as well as expand into online gaming with a Korea-focused RPG title, Chaotic Eden.

The company also plans to develop properties which can span multiple media -- a typical move for Japanese companies, who find success in publishing trading card games, comics, and other associated media alongside video games.
    Yesterday returneth not. Tomorrow perhaps cometh not. Today is thine. Misuse it not.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/story/ch...es-left-4-dead

Here is a link that shows the first 15 minutes of left 4 dead. This is probably going to be the next game i buy.

Picked up Smackdown Vs. Raw 2k9 for Wii today. A ZILLION TIMES IMPROVED OVER 2k8! All of the match types that were AWOL last year are now in, the CAW is vastly improved (About as good as DOR2 there are pros and cons there)
    Graphically a bit better than 2k8 was. The play control is improved too. I've had one or two sporadic times where a swing wasn't detected, but it's nowhere near the mess 2k8 was.
    Oh and it also works over the Nintendo Wi Fi connection too!
    If you're still skeptical give it a rent. But it really is pretty good this time around.
    And it's still ten bucks less than the other two versions.

I haven't played the other two versions yet, but supposedly they too are better than last year.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    Picked up Smackdown Vs. Raw 2k9 for Wii today. A ZILLION TIMES IMPROVED OVER 2k8! All of the match types that were AWOL last year are now in, the CAW is vastly improved (About as good as DOR2 there are pros and cons there)
    Graphically a bit better than 2k8 was. The play control is improved too. I've had one or two sporadic times where a swing wasn't detected, but it's nowhere near the mess 2k8 was.
    Oh and it also works over the Nintendo Wi Fi connection too!
    If you're still skeptical give it a rent. But it really is pretty good this time around.
    I will have to give it a rental, I bought last years and sold it within 12 hours because I was so disappointed with it. IGN said they made a ton of corrections and changes and that next years should be the 1st really good year since they refined the controls even more and added more features, now they need to work on the crowd and the options that are still left out.

On another note I bought Clone Wars Wii today and I love it!

This game rocks! Its much improved over TFU controls (helps there is no real camera to worry about as in TFU) and very similar to No More Heroes in how you attack. Its not 1:1 of course but its pretty accurate. Been playing now for about 2hrs

A is jump, B and towards your opponent parrys and hits them back, Z controls the force, Z and swing is Force Lightsaber and Z push is Force Push, C picks up objects and C push hurls them

Of course if you waggle like you are having a spasm you will suck, its very good at recognizing motions (even thrust) when you do them correctly and the graphics are great.

Interspliced are clips from the movie and tv show that segway into the battles

About the only thing I have issues with is when the two fighters are locked together and you have to out maneuver your opponent, not quite quick enough I guess. But I have mastered being able to use the force in battle and pulling off multiple combo attacks

I hope this sells well because the graphics are solid, the presentation is great and the controls are accurate. The only shortcomings is that its essentially a fighter and its only got 10-12 characters (most are locked), but I cannot complain about the controls, graphics or much else

I fully expect IGN to rag on this with its reviews because they were not fans of the length and felt it was a waggle fest but to anyone who seriously wants to play it you will learn the controls instead of just waving it around
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Strong Bad-Episode 4 hits WiiWare next week!

so... I think my ps3 bit the dust... I updated to the 2.52 firmware.. and now it won't play any dvd's (the disc icon won't even show up when the disc is inserted) it plays blue ray discs and games fine.. but no dvd's.. burnt or original... any ideas?

hmmm I guess I figured it out... and let me tell you folks... this ps3 doohickey thing is very touchy, very sensitive...

here's my experience...

so I bought my ps3 on january, so obviously it qualifies for the warranty deal.. but smart old me threw away the receipt and sony will not service without a proof of purchase, no excuses no exceptions.

I read the ps3 has two different lenses, one for blue ray and one for dvd-cd so as I found out that the blue ray discs and games still played the lenses were good there, but no dvd's would play at all.. I then inserted an audio cd.. and it would play, but very choppy.. so that's when I knew those lenses were dirty.. I did some research and almost everyone and their dog will tell you not to use those cleaner discs with brushes because it will damage the blue ray lenses.. etc etc.. so I bought this at sears:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05737979000P

its described as:
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXELL
    From the Manufacturer
    Maxell BR-LC Blu-ray Lens Cleaner

Dust and dirt can build-up over time which can degrade picture quality and keep your Blu-ray disc player from running at its optimal performance. There are several lens cleaners in today’s market; however, most of them feature brushes or chemicals which can be harmful to your Blu-ray player.

Wind Funnel Cleaning System
    Maxell’s BR-LC lens cleaner uses its exclusive patented Wind Funnel cleaning technology to safely remove dust and dirt. Unlike other lens cleaners that use brushes and chemicals, the BR-LC delicately removes excessive build-up and residue. The cleaning process is simple. Insert the lens cleaner disc into your Blu-ray player. While it is in the player, the disc rotates and the two holes on the disc generate an air stream in the spiral motion. This air stream changes into an "air shower" when it passes through the two holes and reaches the narrow space of .15mm between the lens and the disc. The power of the air shower gently removes dust particles on the lens without damaging the player.

Interactive On-screen Instructions
    The multilingual on-screen interactive program allows you to choose options to explain the cleaning process, equipment performance tests, and other disc features.

Equipment Performance Tests
    Test the performance of your Blu-ray disc player to determine if it is operating at its optimum level. Choose between the speaker and channel test or the polarity verification test.

Compatible with Multiple Players
    The BR-LC works with all Blu-ray players including Playstation 3 and XBOX 360. Though the BR-LC was designed for Blu-ray players, it will work with all HD DVD and DVD compatible players. You can easily and safely clean all of your media equipment with the BR-LC. Due to the Wind Funnel technology, you can use the BR-LC cleaner an unlimited amount of times, unlike other lens cleaners with brushes that wear or chemicals that run out.

Preserve the Life of Your Blu-ray Player
    The BR-LC Blu-ray Lens Cleaner will ensure you can enjoy the very best your media has to offer. It can maintain the pristine condition of your Blu-ray player by removing excessive build-up and residue and prevent any permanent damage; allowing you to enjoy your Blu-ray player for years on end.
    so.. I come home and try it in... big surprise.. it didn't work.. because its on dvd format!! so in order for the disc to work it needs to spin, if the ps3 doesn't load it then theres no spinning, hence not working...

so against my better judgment I inserted my memorex dvd lens cleaner with the microfibers... and what do you know??? after 3 inserts the ps3 finally recognized the format, and instead of running the memorex cleaning process I take the disc out and replace it with the 'blue ray' disc cleaner... the ps3 recognized it and so I selected the cleaning process... the ps3 is good as new

in conclusion it didn't have nothing to do with the update.. just dust.. which is weird cause my place is generally very clean, and i'm not a smoker either, I just figure is a very touchy system.. also I would recommend for you to get this disc if you own a ps3 and run it regularly, don't wait until the ps3 builds up with dust and stops recognizing your discs
    Last edited by Spidey; November 13, 2008 at 02:43pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Growing up happens in a heartbeat. One day you're in diapers; the next day you're gone... But the memories of childhood stay with you for the long haul. I remember a place... a town... a house like a lot of other houses... A yard like a lot of other yards... On a street like a lot of other streets. And the thing is... After all these years, I still look back with wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
    in conclusion it didn't have nothing to do with the update.. just dust.. which is weird cause my place is generally very clean, and i'm not a smoker either, I just figure is a very touchy system.. also I would recommend for you to get this disc if you own a ps3 and run it regularly, don't wait until the ps3 builds up with dust and stops recognizing your discs
    Yeah the PS3 laser has been known to die (they claim thats what happened to mine but since my completely died after the 2.4 firmware update they fixed it even though it was 1 year out of warranty)

Just out of curiosity where did you get your PS3? Some chains like Walmart and Target will issue you new receipts even if its 1 year old as long as you call their 800 number and speak to a representative over the phone
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is some news you Final Fantasy fans might find interesting, in the newest of issue of EGM they claim that FFCC Crystal Bearers for Wii has been cancelled (in their rumors section)

Well today Square confirmed that is NOT True

Sonia Im, Senior Public Relations Manager of Square Enix, Inc.

“While much of EGM’s ‘Rumor Mill’ contents end up being accurate, in this case the report is incorrect.

We have never announced that Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers has been cancelled and have every intention of releasing it. There may be some concerns as a firm ship date has not been set but rest assured there will be an announcement once we finalize the date internally.

Although there are many Square Enix related rumors out there that we do not comment on, due to the feedback from the readers, we felt it was necessary to provide a statement to alleviate the worries of those who are looking forward to the game. The fan base that the Final Fantasy series has is appreciated by everyone at Square Enix (not only the developers) so we hope this statement will prevent any further spreading of the rumor.

We apologize for any unnecessary distress this rumor may have caused and hope the fans of the series can again look forward to the upcoming release of Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers.”
    And here are sales for October 2008, NO GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR ANYWHERE in Top 10 (It was released in October, no reason for it not to be there for at least 360 or Wii)

NPD US Hardware Unit Sales

1. Wii 803K
    2. Nintendo DS 491K
    3. Xbox 360 371K
    4. PSP 193K
    5. PlayStation 3 190K
    6. PlayStation 2 136K

NPD Top 10 Software Sales

1. 360 FABLE II 790K
    2. WII FIT W/ BALANCE BOARD 487K
    3. 360 FALLOUT 3 375K
    4. WII MARIO KART W/ WHEEL 290K
    5. WII PLAY W/ REMOTE 282K
    6. 360 SAINTS ROW 2 270K
    7. PS3 SOCOM: U.S. NAVY SEALS CONFRONTATION 231K
    8. PS3 LITTLE BIG PLANET 215K
    9. 360 NBA 2K9 202K
    10. 360 DEAD SPACE 193K

Additional numbers:

Wii Music - 81K
    GHWT (all SKUS total) - 534K
    RB2 (Lifetime) - 600K

A few notes of interest:

Even with two big games in the Top 10 the PS3 limped along against the PS2 and got decimated by the 360 and Wii. If Little Big Planet which is a flagship title cannot move PS3's then what can? MGS4 is the only game in the history of the PS3 to move consoles, maybe RE5 will be the next one but thats a LONG wait.

The 360 price drop seems to have helped it a great deal, putting it near the DS which is no easy feat. Will see the full results of the price drop in November sales but things are looking up for Microsoft.

Wii Music super bomb'd, it could have legs and sell about 2 million like Big Brain Academy Wii but its obvious that its not a massive hit

Guitar Hero World Tour Sales are about 1/2 of what GHIII was, it was released on 4 consoles and only managed 1/2 million. Activision can hope November brings increased sales

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Just out of curiosity where did you get your PS3? Some chains like Walmart and Target will issue you new receipts even if its 1 year old as long as you call their 800 number and speak to a representative over the phone
    huh.. didnt think of that.. I got it at Best Buy and I did use my best buy card to buy it.. so I can actually look for the statement for that month, and it should be enough proof of purchase right?

thanx! i'll try contacting them tomorrow.. never know if something else could go wrong in two months before the warranty runs out
    Growing up happens in a heartbeat. One day you're in diapers; the next day you're gone... But the memories of childhood stay with you for the long haul. I remember a place... a town... a house like a lot of other houses... A yard like a lot of other yards... On a street like a lot of other streets. And the thing is... After all these years, I still look back with wonder...

Street Fighter 4 dated for 2/17/09!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/930/930231p1.html

Wow... I thought Little Big Planet would be MUCH bigger!
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Geez - Guess I should have checked my e-mail sooner. Got an e-mail from M$ saying my new dashboard update was available as of 1pm Friday. I signed up like 3 weeks ago to participate in the early release group. Currently downloading it now - estimates 10 minutes. (I have slow DSL) I'll post thoughts after a bit.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Geez - Guess I should have checked my e-mail sooner. Got an e-mail from M$ saying my new dashboard update was available as of 1pm Friday. I signed up like 3 weeks ago to participate in the early release group. Currently downloading it now - estimates 10 minutes. (I have slow DSL) I'll post thoughts after a bit.
    Yes please do.

On another note, has anyone had a chance to play Left For Dead? I played the demo and the only thing that really impressed me was the multiplayer. You can look out for your fellow team mates and the gameplay is always changing. Other then that it seems to me like just another button smasher. I dunno, I guess I was just hoping for a more Resident Evil style game, but I guess I'll have to wait until RE5 comes out.

My Xbox 360 is having trouble reading discs. If I open and close the tray repeatedly it will eventually read the disc. Should I send it in for repairs?

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    My Xbox 360 is having trouble reading discs. If I open and close the tray repeatedly it will eventually read the disc. Should I send it in for repairs?
    I would cause more then likly it will just get worse.
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    Send it in, it sounds like your DVD drive is going bad. The longer you go without fixing the more chance you will start to get your discs scratched as the drive tries harder to read it

Anybody pick up Mortal Kombat vs DCU yet? It's getting decent reviews, even though most sites say the "Teen" rating hurt the game a little bit. I'm curious as to what non-reviewers have to say. I think I'm probably gonna hold off until this one drops to the $20-$30 range.

Today's WiiWare/VC update: Another decent week with Strong Bad 4 & Forgotten Worlds!

WII-KLY UPDATE: TWO WIIWARE GAMES AND TWO VIRTUAL CONSOLE GAMES ADDED TO WII SHOP CHANNEL

Nov. 17, 2008

The ever-growing library of games on the Wii™ Shop Channel truly offers something for every gaming occasion, as seen in this week's new additions. Want to settle in for a few single-player laughs? Check out the latest hilarious Strong Bad adventure. Socializing with friends? Target Toss Pro: Bags lets you play with as many as 15 of your pals. Gathering with family? Even your grandparents can enjoy the arcade classic SPACE INVADERSŪ. And the side-scrolling action of FORGOTTEN WORLDS™ provides a wickedly fun diversion for solo gamers and fantasy-loving groups alike.

Nintendo adds new and classic games to the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time every Monday. Wii owners with a broadband Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

WiiWare™

Strong Bad Episode 4: Dangeresque 3 (Telltale Games, 1 player, Rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and Older – Alcohol and Tobacco Reference, Crude Humor, Mild Cartoon Violence, 1,000 Wii Points): Move over, generically buff action heroes. Strong Bad is here to show you how it's done in his hand-crafted cinematic masterpiece, Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective. You play Dangeresque, a dirty cop in pursuit of a little action and several big sacks of cash. Can our hero stay alive long enough to defeat his arch-nemesis, save the world and get the girl? Looks like he's gonna have to jump.

Target Toss Pro: Bags (Incredible Technologies, 1-16 players, Rated E for Everyone, 700 Wii Points): Target Toss Pro: Bags is a new video game based on beanbag toss, the nation's hottest backyard and tailgate sensation. Bags – or Cornhole, as it's called in some parts of the country – originated in the Midwest in the 1960s and has since become a staple at outdoor social events from coast to coast. Similar to horseshoes, Bags is a deceptively simple yet extremely competitive game where players try to toss beanbags into a hole in a slightly raised platform or "box" for points. Whether at a tailgate party or a summer barbecue, the game has become a social focal point, and the unmistakable thud of bags hitting the box is now a universal party soundtrack.

Virtual Console™

SPACE INVADERS: The Original Game (Super NES™, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone, 800 Wii Points): Experience one of gaming's iconic franchises in this perfect rendition of the arcade classic. Take aim at the field of invaders relentlessly marching toward you. Move quickly but carefully, using the barriers for protection as you avoid missiles fired by the aliens and try to destroy all of them before they reach the bottom of the screen. Further enhance the nostalgia by choosing from several modes that simulate different versions of the arcade game (such as upright cabinet or black-and-white). Or if you want to prove your superior skills to a friend, try the new VS mode and see who can stop the alien menace the quickest. All in all, it's pure gaming at its best, now with no quarters required.

FORGOTTEN WORLDS (SEGA GENESIS, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone – Fantasy Violence, 800 Wii Points): FORGOTTEN WORLDS is a one- or two-player side-scrolling shooter made by CAPCOM. It was one of the first games to incorporate 360-degree aiming and shooting. This SEGA GENESIS version provides the same impact and intensity of the classic arcade game. In the 29th century, without warning, warships broke through the sky, loaded with fiendish aliens. They rained down fire, bombs, missiles and napalm, leaving the land barren and inhospitable. Humanity was enslaved and Earth became known as the Forgotten World. In a hidden place, a group of brave humans raised two male children in secret. They brought up the young men as warriors, training them for battle. The two warriors emerged as armed machines of might, strength and super power – the Nameless Ones. Fight the hateful invaders as the powerful Nameless Ones. Collect Zenny to upgrade your weapons and satellite, and free the planet.

For more information about Wii, please visit wii.com.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Anybody pick up Mortal Kombat vs DCU yet? It's getting decent reviews, even though most sites say the "Teen" rating hurt the game a little bit. I'm curious as to what non-reviewers have to say. I think I'm probably gonna hold off until this one drops to the $20-$30 range.
    I'm waiting for mine to arrive, but I really look forward to playing it!

I'm a huge MK fan. Granted, my interest has faded slightly compared to what it was in the Mortal Kombat heyday during the mid 90s, but I'm still a big, big fan. Sometimes to the extent of getting the same MK game for multiple systems (though usually buying one initially and then getting it for the other(s) after a price drop occurs).

I actually preordered both the PS3 and 360 version a while back on Amazon. They briefly has a preorder price of $59.99 for the kollector's edition versions (which are typcially $69.99). I placed 2 separate orders since I wasn't sure which system I wanted it for more, figuring I would just eventually cancel one.

Instead, I ended up going with a plan B. One of my relatives is going to pay me for one of the copies and then give it to me for Christmas (I will try to act suprised), and I will keep the other. It appears that I will be getting the PS3 version sooner, so that will probably be the one that I keep.

Despite the T rating, I'm sure it will still be a lot of fun. Besides, given the way things go, you can get away with a lot more in a T rated game these days than you could years ago.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Despite the T rating, I'm sure it will still be a lot of fun. Besides, given the way things go, you can get away with a lot more in a T rated game these days than you could years ago.
    I think its dumb we get the T rating in American but the UK gets the M rated game, I guess we can always import but its still a stupid thing to censor Jokers gun

You will have to let us know how it is, I forgot it was coming out so I will have to give it a rental

And thats great news about FORGOTTEN WORLDS!! That was the 1st game (besides Altered Beast) I got with my system years ago