Page 233 of 352 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,825 of 8798

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

So, anybody pick up Kingdom Hearts- RE: Chain of Memories?

I bought it and played it last night... aside from the 3D, its about as straight of a port from the GBA version as you can get: the dialogue, gameplay, EVERYTHING... identical.

Though, what REALLY makes me laugh is hearing "old Sora's" voice coming out of "little kid Sora's" body. They didn't even try to explain his voice change; they could have asked him to talk in higher pitch voice --- I saw an interview for the voiceactress of Kairi (Hayden, the cheerleader from Heroes) who said they continually asked her to read her lines in a higher pitch. At least in KH2, it kinda made sense in that they eluded to the fact that Sora grew while in deep sleep.

Overall, I do recommend it.
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I ordered that Kingdom Hearts game on Amazon. I haven't played it yet because it just shipped out, but I'll have it soon.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by hijinio View Post
    So, anybody pick up Kingdom Hearts- RE: Chain of Memories?

I bought it and played it last night... aside from the 3D, its about as straight of a port from the GBA version as you can get: the dialogue, gameplay, EVERYTHING... identical.

Though, what REALLY makes me laugh is hearing "old Sora's" voice coming out of "little kid Sora's" body. They didn't even try to explain his voice change; they could have asked him to talk in higher pitch voice --- I saw an interview for the voiceactress of Kairi (Hayden, the cheerleader from Heroes) who said they continually asked her to read her lines in a higher pitch. At least in KH2, it kinda made sense in that they eluded to the fact that Sora grew while in deep sleep.

Overall, I do recommend it.
    I have been waiting to pick it up till after I am done with this semester. I kinda wish though Square had released KH1/2/Chain in a 3 pack (they still might)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

This is more of a movie related question, but since it pertains to Playstation 3, I figured I'd post it here.

The PS3 has this resume function for DVDs and some Blu-Rays so that it remembers where the movie left off the last time you watched it. Even if you take a movie out of the machine, and watch another movie (or several other movies), later on, if you put that first movie back in, it will start where it left off.

It can be a cool feature when you want it to work. They annoying thing is that if you go back to watch that movie long after the fact, wanting to watch it from the beginning, it still starts up where it last left off.

Is there some way to clear the cache, or whatever the memory feature is that saves the places of the movies? I've been trying to figure this out and I cannot find a way to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I have been waiting to pick it up till after I am done with this semester. I kinda wish though Square had released KH1/2/Chain in a 3 pack (they still might)
    What are the chances that they'll release all in higher quality for the PS3 when (and should) KH3 ever be made.
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    This is more of a movie related question, but since it pertains to Playstation 3, I figured I'd post it here.

The PS3 has this resume function for DVDs and some Blu-Rays so that it remembers where the movie left off the last time you watched it. Even if you take a movie out of the machine, and watch another movie (or several other movies), later on, if you put that first movie back in, it will start where it left off.

It can be a cool feature when you want it to work. They annoying thing is that if you go back to watch that movie long after the fact, wanting to watch it from the beginning, it still starts up where it last left off.

Is there some way to clear the cache, or whatever the memory feature is that saves the places of the movies? I've been trying to figure this out and I cannot find a way to do this.
    If you want to be certain that the disc will start at the beginning, I think you can hit Triangle and select "play from beginning". I think. I've only done it on .MP4 files and such, but I am pretty sure you can do it with discs too.

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    I think Netflix on the 360 is the greatest feature EVER. Once Netflix gets a much better quality selection, I'll be a gold subscriber forever!

The only way the PS3 can compete with Netflix is either grabbing Blockbuster or Hulu.

But I would prefer the option of converting it into a DVR. Now that would be sweet.

Since I haven't chimed in in awhile, I have to say that most of the games that have come out this holiday season haven't really interested me. I bought Animal Crossing for Wii and it probably has been the worst game purchase I've had in a really long time.

I hate to admit this, but the only times I've been excited during the holidays is when Nintendo releases a AAA title or a FF title comes out. I'm hoping next year will bring FFXIII and may be something big from Nintendo.

Well, I preordered Street Fighter 4 for PS3 on Amazon.

Normally I wouldn't preorder something this early, but as the result of an offer that was included with a recent purchase, I had a special promotional $10 credit good only towards video game related purchases. Of course, this kicked in AFTER I ordered Kingdom Hearts and it shipped.

Anyway, there's not really anything else out now or coming out in the next few weeks that I really want. And I believe that this promotional credit was a limited time thing that would expire. So, I'll be getting SF4 for around $47, which isn't bad.

They also have a collector's edtion listed, but I've been unable to find out what specifically comes with it, and at a price tag of $80, I have a feeling I will end up passing on it anyway.

Heroic Warrior orionpaximusprime's Avatar
    I'm thoroughly enjoying netflix on my 360 right now. But Little Big Planet is absorbing much of my gaming life. IMO there are attributes to both the PS3 and 360 that make both systems great to own. Having both is rather nice as I get to pick and choose what feature I use where. If I still had to pick just one, I'd take the 360 over the PS3 for a few reasons, but there are aspects to the PS3 that, if they were overly important to me, would make it a better choice... so to each his own and lets put the the war to rest.

BTW Gamertags:
    360 = Orion Paximus
    PS3 = OrionPaximus

send friend requests if you want.
    Last edited by orionpaximusprime; December 4, 2008 at 01:15pm.
    By the powet of thundara, Transform and kill cobra... or something.

I'm still really having a lot of fun with SvR2k9 on the Wii.

Also I've gotten back into UT with my clan.
    If any of you didn't check it out last year UT3 is only $20 on the PC.
    There are also rumors of an expansion coming out that will do for this game what 2k4 did for 2k3.
    If anybody gets a copy we'd be happy to play against you.
    Here's a clip of some mods from some random player.

The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

I think Netflix on the 360 is the greatest feature EVER. Once Netflix gets a much better quality selection, I'll be a gold subscriber forever!
    I just do not understand the point for the 360, I guess because I have been with Netflix since the start and the 3 movies I rent at one time are more than enough (plus with On Demand on my DVR there really seems to be no point)

I am happy though they just added the ability to watch On Demand Netflix to OS X, I was playing with that last night. Now when I go on research I can relax with On Demand on my Macbook

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    Since I haven't chimed in in awhile, I have to say that most of the games that have come out this holiday season haven't really interested me. I bought Animal Crossing for Wii and it probably has been the worst game purchase I've had in a really long time.
    I feel no sympathy for you, you of all people knew well before that it was going to be Animal Crossing GCN 1.5

I hate to admit this, but the only times I've been excited during the holidays is when Nintendo releases a AAA title or a FF title comes out. I'm hoping next year will bring FFXIII and may be something big from Nintendo.
    Well you can at least look forward to the playable demo of FFXIII that is scheduled to ship 1st or 2nd Q 2009

I will have to check that out, it looks like they made some major upgrades over 2k8, though there is still a lot of work to be done (I am confused to this day why they could not tweak the DoR2 engine and just add motion controls?)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

My 360 is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. If it is, that will have been 12 days from the day I sent off the console (including the Thanksgiving holiday) and a total of 17 days from when I initiated the repair request. Not too bad.

Of course, I still have to see if the new system actually works, and if they transferred all my DLC rights over......
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    My 360 is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. If it is, that will have been 12 days from the day I sent off the console (including the Thanksgiving holiday) and a total of 17 days from when I initiated the repair request. Not too bad.

Of course, I still have to see if the new system actually works, and if they transferred all my DLC rights over......
    That is a pretty good turnaround, It took Sony about 10 days to get my PS3 back to me and Nintendo it took 5 days.

Since you sent yours during a Holiday I think thats very good

I think once I find one of the new "Jasper" units I will finally add a 360 to my video game setup.

Well, they didn't properly transfer my DLC when I got my system back not too long ago. I'm not saying the same thing will definately happen with yours, but it could happen.

I called up customer service, and they were able to fix it, though it took a couple of days.

However, during that time, I discovered that my downloaded Rock Band tracks still worked while off-line. So, you will still be able to use those even if there ends up being a delay in correcting the DLC rights.

Have the system in hand - UPS just dropped it off. Got my free 1 month of LIVE, and we'll see how the system works once I get home to hook it up late tonight. Unfortunately, the system I received is older than the one I sent in. (Unless it's just the outer casing that's the older part) Faceplate has a lot more scratches and scuffs than mine did. Guess I should find a cheap one I like to keep on hand in case this happens again......(Fry's usually has a TON of the Transformers or Superman Returns ones for dirt cheap)

Have the system in hand - UPS just dropped it off. Got my free 1 month of LIVE, and we'll see how the system works once I get home to hook it up late tonight. Unfortunately, the system I received is older than the one I sent in. (Unless it's just the outer casing that's the older part) Faceplate has a lot more scratches and scuffs than mine did. Guess I should find a cheap one I like to keep on hand in case this happens again......(Fry's usually has a TON of the Transformers or Superman Returns ones for dirt cheap)
    That sucks! The one that I got back was actually in really nice condition. Let's just hope that they transferred your DLC properly.

Hopefully my replacement 360 lasts me for a while. Hopefully these new 'Jasper' 360s will actually elimate the RROD problem, and if they do, I may get one eventually (though I'll hold out until there is either another good price drop, or until this system that I have now is dying out... whichever comes first).

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I just do not understand the point for the 360, I guess because I have been with Netflix since the start and the 3 movies I rent at one time are more than enough (plus with On Demand on my DVR there really seems to be no point)

I'd rather be watching movies on my television than on a computer monitor. I can watch movies from my bed or from my couch (depending on where my 360 is). And since the Watch Instantly feature is part of my Netflix subscription, why not take advantage of it? I didn't really use it until it was on my Macbook and the 360...the more ways to use it, the better. Watching Captain N on the 360 FTW! LOL.

I am happy though they just added the ability to watch On Demand Netflix to OS X, I was playing with that last night. Now when I go on research I can relax with On Demand on my Macbook
    Me too! It's about time!

I feel no sympathy for you, you of all people knew well before that it was going to be Animal Crossing GCN 1.5
    I know, but seeing as though I didn't own the GCN or DS versions (I played them), I thought I'd have more fun with it. Don't get me wrong, it's fun and all, but it really just feels like an expansion pack to the GCN and DS versions....which are essentially identical as well (minus the online feature). Oh well.

Well you can at least look forward to the playable demo of FFXIII that is scheduled to ship 1st or 2nd Q 2009
    Isn't that only for Japan?

On an unrelated note, just started playing Chrono Trigger...and it's pretty good from what I've played thus far. About 4 hours in, I really like the battle system. The story is kind of mixed right now...hopefully they clarify things more further in.

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    On an unrelated note, just started playing Chrono Trigger...and it's pretty good from what I've played thus far. About 4 hours in, I really like the battle system. The story is kind of mixed right now...hopefully they clarify things more further in.
    Have you never played it before?

Have you never played it before?
    It's obvious from my post that I haven't played it before. I'm playing it on the DS for the first time if it needs more explanation.

I never had a SNES...I was a Sega Genesis kid. So I missed out on the great RPGs. And I didn't play it when it was re-released on the PS1. In fact, my first RPG was FFVII. So I had to go back and play all the older RPGs like FFVI.

I just played a demo of Star Wars Force Unleashed and had a question for anybody who might know. Is the character model based on the actor who plays Davis Bloom in Smallville? It's a dead ringer for him.

Also does anyone have Left 4 Dead? I have it on the pc and my friend wants to get it to play online. His PC isnt good enough to play it but the has a Xbox 360. Can a pc player and a 360 player play online together?

Quote Originally Posted by wolf-manj View Post
    I just played a demo of Star Wars Force Unleashed and had a question for anybody who might know. Is the character model based on the actor who plays Davis Bloom in Smallville? It's a dead ringer for him.
    Yes it is the same actor, Sam Whitwer is the actor who provided the voice and motion capture. He is actually from Battlestar Galactica in addition to Smallville (his lastest role).

I never had a SNES...I was a Sega Genesis kid. So I missed out on the great RPGs. And I didn't play it when it was re-released on the PS1. In fact, my first RPG was FFVII. So I had to go back and play all the older RPGs like FFVI.
    Of you poor soul, a world where FFVII is the first RPG you have ever played. You should check out FFIV (just redone on the DS), Dragon Warrior III (or the two DS remakes of IV and V), and the Lunar series (that was on Sega CD and PSX so you may have played them)

The 360 I received back works fine so far. Unfortunately, M$ did NOT update my DLC licenses like they were supposed to, so I have to call them. Hopefully it'll go better than the last call I made to them. (Which was nothing but a waste of time.....)

Quote Originally Posted by wolf-manj View Post

Also does anyone have Left 4 Dead? I have it on the pc and my friend wants to get it to play online. His PC isnt good enough to play it but the has a Xbox 360. Can a pc player and a 360 player play online together?
    Didn't buy L4D yet. Waiting in case I get it for xmas or something.

Can't be played cross platform because Valve also owns, and runs STEAM on the PC. Steam doesn't work with the Live service as they are two seperate services.

Now Games that are marketed as supporting Microsoft LIVE and have an Xbox Live Counterpart will be cross platform

Shadowrun, Halo 2, Supreme Commander, Red Alert, Universe At War, Lost Planet (ONLY THE COLONIES EDITION. The ORIGINAL Release worked with Steam), are some of the ones you can cross platform play

Also L4D PC will run on a P4 3Ghz w 1GB RAM, and a 256mb video card that supports DX9.0c
    Basically a four year old machine can play it although they may need to get an inexpensive card to hobble along until their next computer if they didn't buy a decent card at the time.
    Still You could get a 256mb Video card on newegg for $25. Will it look that great? No but it'll tide one over.
    Last edited by TheDeviot; December 7, 2008 at 02:13am.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    ]Picked up Smackdown Vs. Raw 2k9 for Wii today. A ZILLION TIMES IMPROVED OVER 2k8! All of the match types that were AWOL last year are now in, the CAW is vastly improved (About as good as DOR2 there are pros and cons there)
    Graphically a bit better than 2k8 was. The play control is improved too. I've had one or two sporadic times where a swing wasn't detected, but it's nowhere near the mess 2k8 was.
    Oh and it also works over the Nintendo Wi Fi connection too!
    I decided to buy this tonight, based in part to your recommendations, plus after playing the PS3 version the Wii version is not that far behind on graphics (which shocked me actually given last years massive disparity). I ordered it from wweshop and got 20% off (it was already on sale for $44) and free shipping for their christmas deal

How hard is it to pull of finishers on the Wii? I know in SvR2k8 the wiimote recognition was very good and I had little trouble

Didn't buy L4D yet. Waiting in case I get it for xmas or something.

Can't be played cross platform because Valve also owns, and runs STEAM on the PC. Steam doesn't work with the Live service as they are two seperate services.

Now Games that are marketed as supporting Microsoft LIVE and have an Xbox Live Counterpart will be cross platform

Shadowrun, Halo 2, Supreme Commander, Red Alert, Universe At War, Lost Planet (ONLY THE COLONIES EDITION. The ORIGINAL Release worked with Steam), are some of the ones you can cross platform play

Also L4D PC will run on a P4 3Ghz w 1GB RAM, and a 256mb video card that supports DX9.0c
    Basically a four year old machine can play it although they may need to get an inexpensive card to hobble along until their next computer if they didn't buy a decent card at the time.
    Still You could get a 256mb Video card on newegg for $25. Will it look that great? No but it'll tide one over.

Thanks I'll let him know.

and thanks marka for the other part