Page 236 of 351 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast
Results 5,876 to 5,900 of 8774

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    And if you check stores like Gamestop, or any other stores that sell used video games (there is a local chain of stores in my area called Disc Replay, for example), you can find a lot of used games in good condition for pretty cheap.
    A lot of times, GameStop will even have deals with the used games. Like today, I picked up GTA IV, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, and Resistance Fall of Man for PS3 because they had buy 2 get 1 free on used games. Back in the days of NES and SNES, at least around here, it was pretty hard to find used games at all.

I'm at the boss fight in Act 3 of MGS4. Man I'm loving this game. So far, I feel like it really did deserve the 10/10 that it got on IGN
    "After 10,000 years I'm free! It's time to conquer Earth!"

Quote Originally Posted by PJMania View Post
    I'm at the boss fight in Act 3 of MGS4. Man I'm loving this game. So far, I feel like it really did deserve the 10/10 that it got on IGN
    Before or after the awesome "bang" cinematic?
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Yeah, it seems like the overwhelming majority of my friends think I should keep the Wii as well. Even my friend's parents want me to keep it. I didn't realize the Wii was such a phenomenon. I guess there's no harm in setting it up and at least checking out the Wii sports came that comes included.

Quote Originally Posted by supes78 View Post
    Yeah, it seems like the overwhelming majority of my friends think I should keep the Wii as well. Even my friend's parents want me to keep it. I didn't realize the Wii was such a phenomenon. I guess there's no harm in setting it up and at least checking out the Wii sports came that comes included.
    Yeah I say give it a chance, if you do not like it you can very easily make at minimum $220 profit by selling it via craigslist or ebay
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post
    Before or after the awesome "bang" cinematic?
    just got done watching it actually
    Last edited by PJMania; December 27, 2008 at 10:43pm.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    This took me by surprise, but 7-Eleven is now carrying Playstation Network and Xbox Live (points and gold access) cards. I didn't notice any Wii points at my local store, though.

I actually discovered this on Christmas Eve. My mom had called me up just before my wife and I were going to leave to go over to her house for Christmas Eve dinner with the family and to open presents, and she asked if I could stop and get a bag of ice on the way over, and 7-Eleven was on the way. Since we were stopping, my wife asked me if I could get her some mints, too (she waited in the car since I was just running in to get these items really quick).

While I was walking around the shelves looking for the mints, I came across their gift card section, and noticed the cards sitting there. I found it odd, but also nice. While other stores like Gamestop, Best Buy, etc. are all relatively near by, 7-Eleven is a lot closer, so if I ever need to grab some points quick, even late at night, I can. It's very convenient.

I actually just got back from there. Earlier tonight my wife and I got together with my dad and his wife to exchange Christmas gifts. And my dad also gave me my b-day gift early (which was a card with some cash in it) since it's only a couple of weeks away and we probably won't get together before then.

There's some add-on content for The Force Unleashed that I want to download, so I went over to 7-Eleven and got a PSN card with some of that b-day cash. And I don't think they charged me any tax, which is nice (whenever I've bought Xbox points at Best Buy, I've always been charged tax). I bought a really big slurpee as well, so I'm not 100% certain if there was any tax on the PSN card, but since the total came out to be $21.75, and $1.75 is about what a big slurpee usually costs, I don't think any tax was applied to the card.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; December 28, 2008 at 12:50am.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

If anyone has ever liked the Raving Rabbids games and has a Wii balance board you have to get the newest edition (Raving Rabbids TV Party)

The Balance Board use is top notch (the skiing, motocycle and godzilla games are awesome), the motion games are vastly improved over the last 2 editions (the dancing ones), and the change in graphics to a more animated flash style of art suits the Wii much better than the all CGI/poly previous versions

We played for 3 solid hours tonight, and with the game being routinely on sale for $39 I hope others will give it a chance
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I just finished MGS4. Certainly not the most difficult entry in the series, but it was everything I expected and then some. I'm actually almost a little disappointed that it's over. I can't say the ending surprised me too much, but it was a fitting way to close the series.

The pool game from Hudson sounds interesting, they have put quite a bit of effort into their WiiWare lately

WII-KLY UPDATE: TWO WIIWARE GAMES AND ONE VIRTUAL CONSOLE GAME ADDED TO WII SHOP CHANNEL

Dec. 29, 2008 - Champagne? Check. Confetti? Got it. But you're not fully prepared for New Year's revelry unless your Nintendo game library is stocked with games to please everyone under the sun. As always, the Wii™ Shop Channel is open 24 hours a day for your downloading pleasure. The final slate of new game offerings for 2008 includes a couple of wild multiplayer titles on WiiWare™, plus an enthralling sci-fi title for the Virtual Console™. Load up and enjoy!

Nintendo adds new and classic games to the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

WiiWare

Maboshi's Arcade™ (Nintendo, 1-3 players, Rated E for Everyone, 800 Wii Points): Featuring three distinct modes and simultaneous play across three game windows, the constantly changing environment of Maboshi's Arcade creates an atmosphere unlike any other. Each of the modes is based on one of three familiar shapes (circle, stick and square) and offers the same goal: score a million points. Use the intuitive controls to bash enemies in Circle mode, weave your way through Stick mode or burn a path around obstacles in Square mode-all while dealing with power-up items and keeping watch on which effects the other game windows may have on your own. Also featuring Mii™ characters, action replays that you can send to your Wii™ Friends via WiiConnect24™, and the ability to download a version to a Nintendo DS™, you may never want to leave this arcade.

Cue Sports – Pool Revolution (Hudson Entertainment, 1-4 players, Rated E for Everyone, 500 Wii Points): Grab your Wii Remote™ controller and take a shot at this virtual billiard game. Enjoy match-ups, playing classic favorites such as 9 Ball, 8 Ball, Rotation and Snooker, as well as walk-through trick shots in Puzzle mode. Connect to Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection (Nintendo WFC) to go head-to-head with your friends, or even hustle opponents across the world in Nintendo WFC match-ups. This game offers two types of controls, allowing you to virtually strike the cue ball with your Wii Remote controller or use the buttons to adjust the strength of your shot and then strike. Hone your skills in Practice mode, learning all the cool techniques you need to be a true hustler. Use the edit feature to create your own challenge and nail the trick shot you've always dreamed of sinking. Pull off an amazing shot and show everyone who's the biggest shark in the pool.

Virtual Console

Zoda's Revenge™: StarTropics II™ (NES™, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone-Mild Cartoon Violence, 500 Wii Points): Take on the role of Mike Jones, intrepid hero of the StarTropics universe, and once again battle the evil alien Zoda to control the fate of the Argonian people. In this journey, the island hopping of Mike's original adventure gives way to traveling through time and visiting locations around the world. And you never know what famous historical figures may appear along the way, giving Mike helpful advice or useful items. Luckily, Mike also has a wider range of weapons and improved play control on his side, so he may yet stand a chance against Zoda. Can you help Mike stand the test of time and save the world again?

For more information about Wii, please visit wii.com.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    If anyone has ever liked the Raving Rabbids games and has a Wii balance board you have to get the newest edition (Raving Rabbids TV Party)

The Balance Board use is top notch (the skiing, motocycle and godzilla games are awesome), the motion games are vastly improved over the last 2 editions (the dancing ones), and the change in graphics to a more animated flash style of art suits the Wii much better than the all CGI/poly previous versions

We played for 3 solid hours tonight, and with the game being routinely on sale for $39 I hope others will give it a chance
    I got RRR2 for Christmas. I blew through all the games in a fortnight. It wasn't bad, but it's definitely something you need more people for. I really did enjoy the unlockable light gun games.
    Does RRRTVP have light gun games?
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    I got RRR2 for Christmas. I blew through all the games in a fortnight. It wasn't bad, but it's definitely something you need more people for. I really did enjoy the unlockable light gun games.
    Does RRRTVP have light gun games?
    Yes it has them, so far we have played 2-3 of them (one is a spoof of Night of the Living Dead and the 2nd was a Rabbids landing on Mars) and with worldwide leaderboards its fun to try and beat peoples scores (of which I am not even close ) , IGN considered them the best of the 3 series in terms of design.

TV Party also has Pimp My Rabbid which allows you to download the weekly contest and try to dress up your Rabbid and upload them to the Ubisoft servers to compete against everyone else. The Balance Board integration is where the game shines though, the buttboarding, Godzilla game, and surfing through space are very good single player games

Adding worldwide leaderboards to the game I think makes its replayability much greater, especially when you think you did well and someone has you beat by like 4-5x

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Just wanted to drop by! Haven't posted in this thread in a while.

So I decided to throw a Chargers party (they won!) last night. But since a lot of my friends are not football fans, we strayed away from the football game to play board and video games! So it was technically a game night all around!

Anyhow, I'm probably a late bloomer to the whole Guitar Hero/Rock Band scene, but after last night, I'm a convert. I've watched my friends and cousins play GH before, but I never tried it because a) I don't have very good rhythm/coordination and b) I didn't want to like it and have tons of accessories lying around the house.

After playing from midnight to 5AM...I can honestly say I do have rhythm and coordination! LOL!

Well, I'm really tempted to buy Rock Band (we played GH on the Wii last night) so that we could all play. The only thing stopping me is having all of the accessories. My closet is already full of things and I can't imagine having fake drums in my room collecting dust.

If I do get RB, I'm definitely getting it for the 360.

Sigh.
    Last edited by hemanrep; December 29, 2008 at 02:42pm.

Well except for the GH3 guitars you can use all of the GH, and RB franchise instruments with each other. So no need to buy forty thousand pretend instruments.

My brother got GH world tour for the Wii. That's actually a lot of fun.
    I just wish it had more indie rock, punk rock, and experimental music.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Sigh.
    Why the sigh? Because you did not want to like the RB or GH games

Also keep in mind the drums break down and can fit in a small bag, its not like you have to keep them assembled. The GH guitar also breaks down into 2 pieces (the neck and the base). You can actually keep the whole set in a gym bag

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    Well except for the GH3 guitars you can use all of the GH, and RB franchise instruments with each other. So no need to buy forty thousand pretend instruments.
    Yup and by sticking with the 360 he has access to GH2 and the ability to import RB1 tracks into the superior RB2 game

Can anyone tell me if Resistance is any good online? I haven't gotten around to trying out the online mode on it yet. I've really only been playing MGS4 and SOCOM: Confrontation, and I didn't even get to try Rainbow Six Vegas 2, online or offline for that matter until today.

Anybody get Prince of Persia? It's the only game I got for X-Mas, and I spent all yesterday playing it. Definitely took me a little while to get used to NOT having the time rewind! The combat system is actually pretty cool, even if it is just memorizing a bunch of different combo button pushes to get the longer combos going.

Overall so far, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. The art style is wonderful, the combat is fun, and the platforming/acrobatics are amazing, as usual. Only things that the jury's still out on are the story, and platforming/combat balance. I like the combat idea of one-on-one fights for making every battle seem like a boss/mini-boss battle, but honestly, the fights are so spread out that it feels a bit disjointed when a fight does occur. (Maybe I spend too much time exploring every nook & cranny of each area, which makes the combat seem too spread out.....)

As far as people joining up on the GH/RB front, I welcome you! As far as preferences go, my opinion is that if you're focusing on drums or vocals, RB is by far the better game. The new RB2 drums are the best stock kit out there. If you're REALLY into drumming, I recommend shelling out the $300 for the Ion drum kit, as the 3 cymbals do give you a much more realistic feel, AND you can use the kit itself as a standalone electronic drum kit. If you're more into guitar/bass, both games are good, though the difficulty is much steeper in GH. If you want seriously challenging guitar tracks, GH has you covered, but RB also has a good amount of hard tracks. RB has over 500 total songs available right now between RB1, RB2, RB AC/DC, & DLC, while GHWT has less than 150. And if all you care about is the multiplayer aspect, RB2 is easily the way to go. Full online tour & challenge modes, online quickplay, AND bandmates can save each other when they're failing a song and keep playing, as opposed to GHWT where if one band member fails, the WHOLE band fails......

Both games have their good & bad points, but overall I recommend RB.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by PJMania View Post
    Can anyone tell me if Resistance is any good online? I haven't gotten around to trying out the online mode on it yet. I've really only been playing MGS4 and SOCOM: Confrontation, and I didn't even get to try Rainbow Six Vegas 2, online or offline for that matter until today.
    I don't know about the sequel but i really liked the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf-manj View Post
    I don't know about the sequel but i really liked the first one.
    Yeah, I was talking about the first one. I got a chance to play it both online and offline finally. The offline is pretty good, and the online isn't bad either, except for the fact that when I play on a team, my teammates tend to run directly in front of my gunfire when I'm shooting at an enemy. I'm gonna wait to get the 2nd one until after I beat this one. By then I'll probably be able to find it used.

Got myself Smackdown vs Raw 2009 so far so great!

having trouble though with climbing out of the steel cage, not sure if it's my tv but a lot of wii text is REALLY small when I play it, gamecube too. I'm also having a bit of trouble with the taunts - so far I've only used batista I've done his taunt but it seems tough to pull off. anyway I'm really liking it, i'm no loonger online, but I have a question - how do you guys connect?
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post

having trouble though with climbing out of the steel cage, not sure if it's my tv but a lot of wii text is REALLY small when I play it, gamecube too. I'm also having a bit of trouble with the taunts - so far I've only used batista I've done his taunt but it seems tough to pull off. anyway I'm really liking it, i'm no loonger online, but I have a question - how do you guys connect?
    what type of tv do you have? I have noticed that on my friend's standard tv you can't see the text very well on his xbox 360 games. Made assassin's creed almost unplayable imo.

Yes it is a great game, much improved over SvR2008

having trouble though with climbing out of the steel cage, not sure if it's my tv but a lot of wii text is REALLY small when I play it, gamecube too. I'm also having a bit of trouble with the taunts - so far I've only used batista I've done his taunt but it seems tough to pull off.
    Thats odd, I do not recall having problems reading the text. Is your Wii connected via component cables?

When you say trouble, can you be more specific? I know with Cena it was fairly easy to do as are his finishers.

anyway I'm really liking it, i'm no loonger online, but I have a question - how do you guys connect?
    Well I added TheDeviot's friend code and then he appeared online shortly after and we had a match, its along the same lines as Super Smash Bros Brawl in the way you connect (someone makes a room and you can send out invites or ask to join their game)

Quote Originally Posted by wolf-manj View Post
    what type of tv do you have? I have noticed that on my friend's standard tv you can't see the text very well on his xbox 360 games. Made assassin's creed almost unplayable imo.
    Just a standrad crt TV. it's not impossible to read the text but it appears REALLY tiny.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yes it is a great game, much improved over SvR2008

Thats odd, I do not recall having problems reading the text. Is your Wii connected via component cables?
    yep, it's the standard cables out of the Wii box.

[/QUOTE]

When you say trouble, can you be more specific? I know with Cena it was fairly easy to do as are his finishers.
    Well I found out that you don't do the full signature taunt unless your meter is full :zoblush: so I don't have any trouble there anymore (I was trying from a near empty red meter) but I'm still struggling to climb out of the steel cage, I get on it and it seems Batista's hand always slips off.

Well I added TheDeviot's friend code and then he appeared online shortly after and we had a match, its along the same lines as Super Smash Bros Brawl in the way you connect (someone makes a room and you can send out invites or ask to join their game)
    Cool, but I actually meant the physical connecting, do you guys all have wireless routers to connect or are you using something else?

I went to the store to get Ghost Squad and No More heroes, but neither were avail, so HMV was actually selling SDVSR 2009 for $10 less than everywhere else so I ended up getting it. having fun with it, but only by my lonesome.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Just a standrad crt TV. it's not impossible to read the text but it appears REALLY tiny.

the two are probably related, I know on the PS3 and 360 a common complaint by users with an SDTV is the text is unclear. I think VaderLives complained at Uncharted on the PS3 for that and I know Lost Odyssey on the 360 suffers from that.

Most Wii games though are created with SD first in mind so its odd that this one is giving you problems, possibly when they decided to make the game 16x9 and stuff they fell into the same traps

but I'm still struggling to climb out of the steel cage, I get on it and it seems Batista's hand always slips off.
    TheDevlot would probably know how to answer that, I always use the door to escape in my cage matches (you just have to kick or beat the door open then get outside)

Cool, but I actually meant the physical connecting, do you guys all have wireless routers to connect or are you using something else?
    I have a 1mb DSL type connection and I just have the Wii connected via its built in wireless to that

I went to the store to get Ghost Squad and No More heroes, but neither were avail, so HMV was actually selling SDVSR 2009 for $10 less than everywhere else so I ended up getting it. having fun with it, but only by my lonesome.
    Thats a good deal, I mean you should still get Ghost Squad and No More Heroes

I am up to Level 9 on each Scenario in Ghost Squad and just opened up some new areas in Scenario 3 (Jungle) that I did not know existed so I was pretty pumped about that! Its not enough just to beat the levels because there is so much more in the way of different paths and awards/medals/guns to get

That's strange. i havent played that game but i played a couple on my cousin's 19 inch standard tv and didnt have any problems.

I own a xbox 360 (friend gave it to me with 14 games), PS3 with just Grand Theft Auto 4, and a Wii with Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Wii Sports, and Mario Kart