Page 237 of 351 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287337 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,925 of 8757

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Heroic Warrior
    just got Animal Crossing for the wii have not even openned it so should I keep it or take it back. I think my kids will like it. Target had it on sale so picked it up
    HOOS HOOS HOOS HOOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosfn View Post
    just got Animal Crossing for the wii have not even openned it so should I keep it or take it back. I think my kids will like it. Target had it on sale so picked it up
    Do you have the DS game (AC Wild World) or the Gamecube version (Animal Crossing)? If not then keep it

If your kids have played neither then keep it, they will enjoy a Sims like experience without the overhead and management needed for those types of games

Its basically a slightly enhanced combo of the Gamecube and DS versions into one game, its a same old same old to those of us that have the previous versions
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Do you have the DS game (AC Wild World) or the Gamecube version (Animal Crossing)? If not then keep it

If your kids have played neither then keep it, they will enjoy a Sims like experience without the overhead and management needed for those types of games

Its basically a slightly enhanced combo of the Gamecube and DS versions into one game, its a same old same old to those of us that have the previous versions
    No I don't think we have either of the others. My oldest son(10) looked at me like I was crazy for getting, then he said he played the DS one and liked it. Thanks you are like the Game Guru on here so your judgement is pretty good at games
    HOOS HOOS HOOS HOOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Guess what I picked up today? Three 32X games!

There's this chain of stores that I believe is local to the Chicagoland area called Disc Replay. The sell used movies and video games, and I went to the location in my area.

I was there a couple of weeks ago, and noticed some 32X games sitting there amongst the Genesis games, but at the time didn't think much of it (they must have had a huge load of Genesis stuff dumped on them recently, because their selection of it grew considerably from what it used to be). Then earlier today I was looking up some 32X stuff online, and started wondering if the games might still be there, and what they cost (I noticed that they had some last time, but didn't really look thoroughly as to what they had and what they were charging), so I decided to go check it out, and it appeared that everything was still there. The games all ended up being pretty cheap. I got Virtua Fighter, Virtua Racing, and Cosmic Carnage all for a total of $8 and some change. There were a few other games there. Some were one I already had, and others cost a bit more, and I wasn't very familiar with them, so I passed on them.

I've had the 32X since it first came out and I received it for Christmas in 1994. But, up until today, I only had 4 games for it (Knuckles Chaotix, MKII, Doom, and Star Wars Arcade). So, today my collection almost doubled.

They actually had an old used Master System there also (a system that I never owned), but they wanted $75, and the games for it were all over $15, so that would have cost a lot. If it was a lot cheaper, I might have considered it, but at that price, it wasn't worth it to me. Plus, the system didn't even appear to be in very good condition. It actually looked like it had been to hell and back.

But, it was still cool to get some games for an old, obscure system.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Cool.

My town had a Play N' Trade open up. They're a franchise so it's kind of like a Gamestop merged into a McDonald's model.

Basically every store is individually owned they just have to buy from a specific supplier.

Ours is pretty nice, they let you play test any used item before you buy it, they carry a lot of retro stuff (2600, 7800, SMS, NES, SNES, GEN, TG16, N64, PS1,SAT,etc.) I also noticed they started carrying a lot of imports.
    The also sell retro clone systems like the Retro Duo which is cool. And they also do console repair which is cool for anyone with the RROD on their 360.

About the only thing I don't like at ours is that they don't have any PC games.

But anyway I found a few retro games there I didn't already own, and they were fairly inexpensive.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Has anyone here played a ps3/360 game called Fracture? Its on sale this week at target and best buy for $20. Wondering if its any good.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf-manj View Post
    Has anyone here played a ps3/360 game called Fracture? Its on sale this week at target and best buy for $20. Wondering if its any good.
    ign only gave it a 5.9, so buy at your own risk. I'd normally say rent it first if it has that low of a rating, but if its only $20, you'd be paying almost half as much as it costs just to try it for a week.
    "After 10,000 years I'm free! It's time to conquer Earth!"

Slow week on the VC/WiiWare front

WII-KLY UPDATE: ONE WIIWARE GAME AND ONE VIRTUAL CONSOLE GAME ADDED TO WII SHOP CHANNEL

Jan. 5, 2009

A new year means even more new games at the Wii™ Shop Channel, starting with a pair of imaginative titles to kick off 2009 in style. Anyone who loves Kirby™ can keep the confetti flying to celebrate the release of the classic Kirby's Dream Land™ 3 for the Virtual Console™. And if you're already desperate for a warm mid-winter getaway, check out Sandy Beach, a sand castle game on WiiWare™ that's loaded with sunny fun.

Nintendo adds new and classic games to the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

WiiWare

Sandy Beach (Konami, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone—Comic Mischief, 500 Wii Points): Enjoy a fun day at Sandy Beach as you build elaborate sand castles. You can work peacefully on your sand castle or enter into a battle with invading crabs in Crab Battle mode. Players will strategically build their sand castle and use cannons to defend it against an army of destructive crabs. After successfully defending your sand castle, discover beach treasures and additional cannons with your metal detector to customize your castle even more.

Virtual Console

Kirby's Dream Land 3 (Super NES™, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone, 800 Wii Points): Kirby, Dream Land's resident hero (and everyone's favorite puffball), must once again save the day when the mischievous King Dedede starts causing trouble. Kirby must travel through an assortment of levels, battling an exotic array of enemies (both new and familiar) determined to stop him from completing his mission. Always armed with his trusty ability to swallow enemies and gain special attacks, Kirby can also unite with some of his animal friends and make use of their particular talents. Featuring detailed graphics, challenging boss battles and the distinct charm of a Kirby game, it's no wonder this title is considered a classic.

For more information about Wii, please visit wii.com.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Picked up Saints Row 2 for the PC. So far I'm liking it.

My processor is getting long in the tooth though (X2 3800+ socket 939) so even though the rest of my machine is pretty sweet it will bottleneck if I have all of the FX turned on. (Figure 30fps until you have the cops after you then you dip to like 10) So right now I'm running at 1280x1024 with none of the FX on. Set that way it looks pretty much on par with the 360 version, except a little bit sharper. It hiccups a little here, and there but not enough to make it unplayable. From what I read though when the console editions came out they too suffered slowdown, and lag.
    In any event, the game is a lot of fun, Online play is done through Steam. In fact you can buy the game, and download it on Steam.
    Playing with the Keyboard and Mouse set up seems to be better than the gamepad for the on foot areas, the gamepad is better when driving.
    You can play either way at any time so I simply alternate.

If your computer meets the requirements I'd recommend the PC version.
    It supports higher resolutions, more FX if you have the hardware, and is $10 less than the console version.

I am happy to note that running near the minimum doesn't seem to be a "Barely runs" affair either unlike GTA4 which seems to be barely runs even on killer rigs thanks to slipshod porting.

Min requirements for SR2

Windows XP SP2 or Vista SP1
    2.0 Ghz Dual Core Processor
    1GB RAM
    15GB Hard Disk Space
    128MB Video Card. For Nvidia you need GeForce 7 or later, ATI X1300 or later
    Direct X 9.0c
    DVD ROM
    Broadband connection to login to Steam

Rec Requirements for SR2
    3.2Ghz Dual Core Processor
    2GB RAM
    15GB Hard Disk Space
    256MB Video Card. Geforce 7 or later, X1300 or later
    Broadband connection
    The Deviot
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Not sure if there are any other SOCOM fans on here, but today's long awaited 1.30 patch made the game pretty much unplayable with error messages galore popping up all over the place.

TheDeviot, wait a minute. I thought you had an 8800gt too? And did you actually buy GTA4 for PC? (I haven't.)
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by hijinio View Post
    TheDeviot, wait a minute. I thought you had an 8800gt too? And did you actually buy GTA4 for PC? (I haven't.)
    I do but the processor still bottlenecks. The game seems to be more processor intensive as opposed to GPU intensive. Still a worthy purchase IMHO.

I haven't purchased GTA4 But it has a pretty bad performance rap on NeoGaf and most reviews.

EDIT:

Actually scratch that. There are now some reports on Voliton's own boards about it being glitchy coding. People with quad cores are having the same inconsistent frame rates.
    I'd assumed it was probably my cpu being the minimum system requirement but nope. Volition is supposed to have a patch out soon. I remember they had to patch the console versions too. I wouldn't be surprised if THQ made them push it before it was ready. *Shrugs* I'm still having fun with it in the meantime though.
    Last edited by TheDeviot; January 10, 2009 at 01:28am.
    The Deviot

-?

Nice... I haven't had any issues with 8800gt. It's been smooth!

BTW, have you guys seen this? Nice guitar game using a real guitar!

If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

North American WiiWare/VC updates - Jungle Speed, Planet Pachinko, Castlevania III

What’s your weapon of choice? Is it a laser gun? Or maybe just a simple deck of cards? No matter what type of game gets you fired up, the latest additions to the Wii™ Shop Channel are sure to add something new and exciting to your arsenal. With fast-flying cards, tumbling pachinko balls and sinister vampires in your midst, you’ll need every tool at your disposal.

Nintendo adds new and classic games to the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week’s new games are:

WiiWare™

Jungle Speed® (Playful Entertainment Inc., 1-8 players, Rated E for Everyone, 1,000 Wii Points): Jungle Speed is a lightning-fast card game for the entire family, where quick reflexes and a keen eye will put you on top. Flip your cards, watch your opponents and grab the totem at the right moment to win the game. Just when you think you’ve got it down, a new card can temporarily change the rules and keep you on the edge. Play starts when the first person flips a card. Moving around the table, symbols are revealed until two of the exposed cards match. Players with matching cards must then scramble to grasp the totem in the middle of the table; the loser gets the winner’s cards and anything in the pot. With paws flying, be the first person to get rid of all your cards and win the game.

Planet Pachinko (Allied Kingdoms Inc., 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone—Fantasy Violence, 500 Wii Points): Can you survive the Pachinkeet Temples of Planet Pachinko? In the future of the future, an ancient civilization has sealed away its riches in elaborate temples dedicated to the game of pachinko. Now the Robot family must fight through these dangerous temples in search of their lost puppy. Using their rockets, lasers, grenades and slime launchers, will they be able to survive the challenges? They aren’t the only ones adventuring through the temples. The pirate Vile Vill and his minions are looking to loot the temples and take on the Robot family. Play in single-player mode or with a friend in exciting two-player co-op.

Virtual Console™

Castlevania® III: Dracula’s Curse (NES™, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone—Fantasy Violence, 500 Wii Points): This is the third game in the popular Castlevania series and the last of the franchise released on the original NES console. Take on the role of Trevor Belmont, forefather of Simon, and battle Dracula in a time long before the events of the first two Castlevania games. In addition to his trusty whip, Trevor has a previously unseen power—the ability to transform into one of three different companion spirits that he meets during his quest: Syfa, a young vampire hunter capable of powerful magic; Grant, a ferocious pirate who can climb on walls; and Alucard, forgotten son of Dracula, able to shoot fireballs and transform into a bat. Use an assortment of weapons (some specific to each character) as you choose which path to follow in your fight against Dracula and his army. Loaded with replay value and featuring some of the best platform action ever, this title is not to be missed.

Finally, the NES Castlevania trilogy is complete!
    This space for rent, apparently.....

If anyone is going to NYCC next month Sega is going to have all their big Wii games available

SEGA to be at NY Comic Con with MADWORLD, HoTD: Overkill, Black Knight and More!
    http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2009/01/12...-ny-comic-con/

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Finally, the NES Castlevania trilogy is complete!
    I'm not a Wii owner myself, but it's good to see that you can now get all 3 legally if you don't own an NES.

December US NPD Sales

1. DS 3.04M
    2. Wii 2.15M
    3. X360 1.44M
    4. PSP 1.02M
    5. PS3 726K
    6. PS2 410K

Top 10 US Game Sales

1. WII PLAY W/ REMOTE 1.46M
    2. 360 CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR 1.33M*
    3. WII FIT W/ BALANCE BOARD 999K
    4. WII MARIO KART W/ WHEEL 878K
    5. WII GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR 859K*
    6. 360 GEARS OF WAR 2 745K*
    7. 360 LEFT 4 DEAD 629K
    8. NDS MARIO KART 540K
    9. PS3 CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR 533K
    10. WII ANIMAL CROSSING: CITY FOLK 497K*

*Includes Collector's, Limited, Legendary, and Bundled Editions

Top selling games of 2008

1. WII PLAY W/ REMOTE 5.28M
    2. WII MARIO KART W/ WHEEL 5.00M
    3. WII FIT W/ BALANCE BOARD 4.53M
    4. WII SUPER SMASH BROS: BRAWL 4.17M
    5. 360 GRAND THEFT AUTO IV 3.29M
    6. 360 CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR 2.75M
    7. 360 GEARS OF WAR 2 2.31M
    8. PS3 GRAND THEFT AUTO IV 1.89M
    9. 360 MADDEN NFL 09 1.87M
    10.NDS MARIO KART 1.65M

Notable Sales
    -Wii Music just out of the Top 10, approaching 1 million in sales (865k total from Oct-Dec)
    -PS3 sales actually DOWN this year compared to last year while 360, Wii and DS are all up.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quick funny story. I'm an avid gamer and my nephew was about 5 months old and I moved in with my brother for about a year (almost 5 years ago). My nephew started out just sitting on my lap while I played xbox, then we let him hold the controller, then he started playing star wars battlefront....first shooting his own team mates, then ewoks, then the enemy. I gaurantee that no five year old can beat him at battlefront. So, thanks to me my five year old nephew LOVES star wars and video games...especially when they are mixed together. Most of the words out of his mouth is "will you come play star wars with me (on the xbox)."

So...for christmas I let him and my neice 'borrow' my Wii. I saw my nephew last night and his mouth was going 88 mph and he told me that he had rented ninja turtles for the wii and how he was playing it and how much fun he had.

Then my brother told me that he nunchuck'd hard for over five hours and wore himself out. His arms were so sore the next day he could barely move them LOL.

He will end up more hardcore than me!!!!1!!!!!!
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    Quick funny story. I'm an avid gamer and my nephew was about 5 months old and I moved in with my brother for about a year (almost 5 years ago). My nephew started out just sitting on my lap while I played xbox, then we let him hold the controller, then he started playing star wars battlefront....first shooting his own team mates, then ewoks, then the enemy. I gaurantee that no five year old can beat him at battlefront. So, thanks to me my five year old nephew LOVES star wars and video games...especially when they are mixed together. Most of the words out of his mouth is "will you come play star wars with me (on the xbox)."

So...for christmas I let him and my neice 'borrow' my Wii. I saw my nephew last night and his mouth was going 88 mph and he told me that he had rented ninja turtles for the wii and how he was playing it and how much fun he had.

Then my brother told me that he nunchuck'd hard for over five hours and wore himself out. His arms were so sore the next day he could barely move them LOL.

He will end up more hardcore than me!!!!1!!!!!!
    That's awesome.

my son is four and he's better at many games than most 12 year olds I've seen. hasn't played any of the stars wars or fps type games though.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by asharachal View Post
    x-box killaz will run in your family!!!
    He is still using my old school xbox so he is safe.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by asharachal View Post
    i swear i am the only person i know that toasted an xbox v1
    /fail

Actually, one of the three disc readers they used (from manufacturers) was very defective. I was in a gamestop not long ago and they would not take this guys working xbox in on trade because it had the defective one. You can tell by the look of the tray.

I hope we get this here in the US (this is the UK edition)

I was playing Ghost Squad and HoTD Returns for Wii last night and never really realized how different they are. HoTD is much more story based while Ghost Squad is very mission/objective based.

Hopefully HoTD Overkill sells good enough (like the last 2 Sega shooters have) so we can get Virtua Cop Anthology and some new Lightgun games out.

At this point I would not even mind if Capcom retrofitted the RE Outbreak series for Wii

I was playing Ghost Squad and HoTD Returns for Wii last night and never really realized how different they are. HoTD is much more story based while Ghost Squad is very mission/objective based.

Hopefully HoTD Overkill sells good enough (like the last 2 Sega shooters have) so we can get Virtua Cop Anthology and some new Lightgun games out.

At this point I would not even mind if Capcom retrofitted the RE Outbreak series for Wii
    Holy crap. I just want the packaging.
    A Postmodern Man For the 21st Century.

I echo your hopes man! I STILL have to grab me ghost squad

QUESTION

Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 for the Wii, how do I throw someone off the top of the cell in a hell in a cell match?
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure