Page 239 of 351 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289339 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,975 of 8757

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Played the RE5 demo, game looks good and the controls work I guess. Once you go to RE4 Wii controls the rest are obsolete, it takes me too long to turn and even on "Fastest" I cannot get the aim to where I want it (vs just pointing with the wiimote)

I still have the special edition game preordered but this is one where I would very much give up the graphical ****ing contest in order to have superior controls back

I am going to try to play it with my wife because at times your partner by herself is dumb as a brick (though she did not take all my stuff like other people have complained about)
    Played the PS3 version late last night - my initial impressions vs the 360 version:

PS3 version appears grainier, but sharper at the same time.
    360 version seems brighter

Honestly, that's all I noticed from my 1 play through last night. My PS3 is connected via HDMI and my 360 via component cables, but both are set to 1080i video output. I'll check it out some more tonight for some updated impressions. Personally, I'm leaning more toward the PS3 version, mostly because I still prefer the controller design, and I typically try to keep my game series consistent by console.

Oh, and has anybody "completed" the Shanty Town level? I literally spent 15-20 minutes just fighting/dodging/knifing the chainsaw guy, going through all the ammo that was available. (Believe me, I pumped at least 50 handgun rounds and close to a dozen rifle rounds into him-though I still haven't figured out if you can get AI Sheva to give you her machine gun) He wouldn't die, and there was nowhere else for me to go. I went through the doors he "opened" and came to a locked door that needed a key. I'm guessing there's no official end in the demo, and you play until you die....

Nevermind - just saw a Youtube video, and you CAN kill the chainsaw guy, with enough rifle headshots and melee attacks to get the key off him.
    Last edited by Skullface; February 4, 2009 at 07:42pm.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Where does it say E3 is open to the public?

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    Where does it say E3 is open to the public?
    Its not open to the public as if you or I could go as is, but its open registration which means if you have "marks video game blog" you can register for a pass to get in

They are undoing the last two years of requirements which closed it off for only professionals and analysts (and which basically killed it as a worthwhile show with many pulling out)

But its not back to the level it was where you could line up and get in like at a comic book convention (which it never really was, people just found ways to get in and register for many of the available passes)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

not back to the level it was where you could line up and get in like at a comic book convention (which it never really was, people just found ways to get in and register for many of the available passes)
    I believe when E3 was in Atlanta, it was open to the public. I just saw the words "open to the public" in your previous post and thought it went back to its original format (in Atlanta).

I believe when E3 was in Atlanta, it was open to the public. I just saw the words "open to the public" in your previous post and thought it went back to its original format (in Atlanta).
    Not yet so I apologize if I misspoke, they are bringing back the booth babes that were removed so I hope it gets enough interest with companies coming back to open it to the public.

It just seems so much more fun when regular people get to try out the games, I mean they brought video games to WWC (Bioshock, Eye of the Beholder, Lair, Ratcher and Clank), SDCC (Ghostbusters, Street Fighter IV and RE5) and again this year to NYCC (where Sega allowed the public to play Conduit, Madworld, HoTD Overkill and Sonic and the Black Knight) and I think those impressions and reports are much better in depth than when we get "analysts" impressions from the last two E3's.

Have you played RE5 yet? I know you were looking forward to it but have not chimed in on your impressions
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

E3 has never been open to the public as far as I know but it was larger and easier for those not in the industry to get in. Only once did they open the doors to the public. Complete chaos during the last day of the Summer CES show(93 or 94ish) in Chicago to the point they never did it again. I just remember thinking never again, make sure get all your work done on trade only days!

Have you played RE5 yet? I know you were looking forward to it but have not chimed in on your impressions
    I played it when it came out on the 360. I liked it, but I'm still up in the air about it. I mean, the controls feel like GC RE4, but the atmosphere just doesn't feel right. I don't like the secondary character. While previous RE titles had more than one playable character, you were never together (aside from the president's daughter). Having two characters takes away from the moody atmosphere and the whole "scary" experience I had with previous titles.

But all I played was the demo. I'm hoping the environments are different from the demo. I really don't like the AI for the second character. It's terrible. I have to babysit her almost every second of the way.

Still hoping it turns out good.

Quote Originally Posted by madara View Post
    E3 has never been open to the public as far as I know but it was larger and easier for those not in the industry to get in. Only once did they open the doors to the public. Complete chaos during the last day of the Summer CES show(93 or 94ish) in Chicago to the point they never did it again. I just remember thinking never again, make sure get all your work done on trade only days!
    No, I'm 99.9% sure that E3 was open to the public in 1998 when the show was in Atlanta, GA. I can't find any specific articles on the net to support my claim, but the fact that there were rumors that this year's E3 was going to be "re-opened" to the public makes me feel as though I'm right on this one. I remember reading somewhere that kids were stealing signs and whatnot from the Zelda 64 booth. It might have been in EGM (RIP).

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    Hey everyone, I recently got an X-Box 360 to go along with my Wii and was wondering if anyone can recommend any games. I have Mortal Kombat vs DC and NHL 09 already. Which games are a must have?

Thanks
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

I really don't like the AI for the second character. It's terrible. I have to babysit her almost every second of the way.
    While the AI isn't great I did not have to babysit her. At least not on shanty town. She was kicking butt pretty good, even stabbing enemies once she had knocked them to the ground. I still do not like the controls, etc so I probably will not be getting this.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf-manj View Post
    While the AI isn't great I did not have to babysit her. At least not on shanty town. She was kicking butt pretty good, even stabbing enemies once she had knocked them to the ground. I still do not like the controls, etc so I probably will not be getting this.
    I have a big issue with the controls as well, but I have to admit that she did save me from time to time but I still cannot stand having to worry about her.

For me its the same problem that plagued RE0 on the Gamecube, except this is 10x worse because of the massive increase in enemies that you have to contend with.

Not sure if anyone has been following Wii Ware but a neat game came out today called Lit, here is a video to describe it

Its 800 points but I think its pretty good

Not sure if anyone has been following Wii Ware but a neat game came out today called Lit, here is a video to describe it

Its 800 points but I think its pretty good
    the floor is hot lava!

i haven't bought a wii ware game yet, but this one looks pretty cool. i think i'll get it later this week.

IGN gives Street Fighter IV a 9.3:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/953/953819p1.html

Sales for Jan are out, my god that is a lot of Wii's for a Jan (its a 148% increase over 2008) and the Sony family had decreases over last year across the board. Wonder if people are just buying PS3 for Blu-Ray since it dropped almost 25% compared to last Jan

Nice to see Left 4 Dead doing so well on the 360 since its a new IP, sad to see no PS3 games in the Top 10. I think CoD WaW for the PS3 is #11, but its pretty sparse if you are a developer on that platform.

NPD US Hardware Sales Jan 2009

1. Nintendo Wii 679.2K
    2. Nintendo DS 510.8K
    3. Xbox 360 309K
    4. PlayStation 3 203.2K
    5. PSP 172.3K
    6. PlayStation 2 101.2K

NPD US Software Sales Jan 2009

1. WII FIT (WII) 777K
    2. WII PLAY W/ REMOTE (WII) 415K
    3. MARIO KART W/WHEEL (WII) 292K
    4. LEFT 4 DEAD (360) 243K
    5. CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR (360) 235K
    6. SKATE 2 (360) 199K
    7. GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR (WII) 155K
    8. NEW SUPER MARIO BROS (DS) 135K
    9. MARIO KART DS (DS) 132K
    10. LORD OF THE RINGS: CONQUEST (360) 113K

Sales for Jan are out, my god that is a lot of Wii's for a Jan (its a 148% increase over 2008) and the Sony family had decreases over last year across the board. Wonder if people are just buying PS3 for Blu-Ray since it dropped almost 25% compared to last Jan

Nice to see Left 4 Dead doing so well on the 360 since its a new IP, sad to see no PS3 games in the Top 10. I think CoD WaW for the PS3 is #11, but its pretty sparse if you are a developer on that platform.
    I'm probably going to pick up left 4 dead at circuit when they get super cheap, they're just now getting to 25% off of pc games in the Danbury one. I'd pay full price but my hours have been cut consistently at work lately.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG - New God Of War 3 trailer: This one is great!

IGN has their impressions of both the trailer and the demo they viewed:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/954/954097p1.html

That trailer was so awesome, only thing missing was the actual QTE signals when he was taking down the cyclops

That trailer was so awesome, only thing missing was the actual QTE signals when he was taking down the cyclops
    I read on that IGN impression article that the game director claims that the trailer was created using the in-game engine & graphics, stating that the actual gameplay would look virtually identical. (Hoping that it doesn't turn out to be another Killzone 2 instance)
    Last edited by Skullface; February 13, 2009 at 02:28pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    I read on that IGN impression article that the game director claims that the trailer was created using the in-game engine & graphics, stating that the actual gameplay would look virtually identical. (Hoping that it doesn't turn out to be another Killzone 2 instance)
    That is probably a truthful claim since we have started to see more and more of that in PS3 games like MGS4 and Uncharted.

Plus you can tell by looking at some of the models they are not polished CGI but in game models.

The only iffy part for me was Kratos himself, he was most likely pre-rendered or enhanced because the QTE nature of God of War games would not make him as free flowing as we see in the trailer.

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    Well my 360 died on me. I had just bought FEAR 2 also.
    3rd one and it was an Elite.
    Its not the RROD which means $$ out of my pocket.
    Unless the 2 year warrenty I bought from wal-mart is still good.
    But I have no idea how to go about following up on it or whatever.
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raining Light View Post
    Well my 360 died on me. I had just bought FEAR 2 also.
    3rd one and it was an Elite.
    Its not the RROD which means $$ out of my pocket.
    Unless the 2 year warrenty I bought from wal-mart is still good.
    But I have no idea how to go about following up on it or whatever.
    If you have the Wal-Mart warranty, did they give you some kind of documentation on it, and if so, do you still have it? If not, I would suggest contacting your local store about it. They likely have some kind of warranty info on your in their computer system or something.

And while this may not be the most ethical thing to do (though, making a system with this many problems isn't ethical on MS's part anyway), depending on what exactly did go wrong with your 360, you could still fill out the form online and just say that you did get the RROD, send it in, and see what happens.

I actually did get the RROD for the first time back around September or October. However, after it happened and I filled out the form, the machine started working again. I still sent it in anyway for replacement, knowing that the problem would return sooner or later. And the turn around time was super-quick. I really think that as soon as they got my system, they just sent out a replacement without even checking it.

Granted, there's some risk involved and I can't guarantee something wouldn't go wrong, but you may just try to say that you got the RROD and see if they send you a replacement. It may just work.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I did get a thing from Wal-mart and I kept it but the problem is-
    I have been moving alot of things around lately due to my living arrangements(long story) so I dont know where it is exactly, Ill just have to look.

Thanks for the info though.

Walmart is able to reprint receipts but you have to speak to their customer service, especially if you bought a service plan they will have a copy of it on file.

How long ago did you buy it?

If it were me I would do what Dynamo suggested, you can always say it RROD for you because that is an inconsistent error (hence why the towel trick can work, etc) they will fix it and or replace it just to be safe

I cant remeber how long ago for sure.
    I think its been 2 yrs or less.
    Id have to ask my ex wife, shes good with that kinda info-lol.

Prince of Persia: Epilogue DLC trailer:

Hits on 2/26!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raining Light View Post
    I cant remeber how long ago for sure.
    I think its been 2 yrs or less.
    Id have to ask my ex wife, shes good with that kinda info-lol.
    As long as it is not 3 years old or more, you should be fine. In fact, if you have an Elite, there's pretty much no way that it could be 3 years old yet. The original system came out in November of '05. I believe the Elites didn't come out until around spring (April-Mayish) of '07 (I know it was spring time for sure, I'm a little fuzzy on the year).

And you probably didn't get your Elite right when it came out, so you should still be good to get an RROD replacement.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"