Page 245 of 351 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,125 of 8774

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

New BG&E 2 footage!

Looks like a kick butt mod of the Assassin's Creed engine. So can't wait for this!

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    New BG&E 2 footage!

Looks like a kick butt mod of the Assassin's Creed engine. So can't wait for this!
    And it should have a much better story then AC!

The BG&E2 team is finishing up the Rabbids game for the Wii and then will move on to work on this game (Ubisoft pulled them off BG&E2 to work on the Rabbids first non-mini game) so hopefully we will see more stuff come out near the end of the year.

BG&E was one of the most under appreciated games of the last generation.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    BG&E was one of the most under appreciated games of the last generation.
    Truer words have not been "spoken".

In game/gear deals, I noticed a few good prices on older stuff the last few days.

Meijer has both Heavenly Sword and Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction marked down to $25, while they're still $60 everywhere else.

Also saw the Rock Band 2 standalone wireless drum set marked down from $90 to $30 at Wal-Mart.

Not sure if anyone here saw this but Contra ReBirth is coming to WiiWare, not sure when its coming in the US but it hits JP tomorrow

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Not sure if anyone here saw this but Contra ReBirth is coming to WiiWare, not sure when its coming in the US but it hits JP tomorrow.
    I'm assuming there is no online coop play since it's on the WiiWare?

I'll wait for it to hit on PSN or XBLA. It's probably a timed-exclusive ala MM9.

As for BG&E2...it just looks like they changed the environment and character models and are using a modified AC engine. Looks very smooth though. They've got my attention.

I have BG&E for GC, but never finished it. The plot was kind of boring to me. It didn't help that everyone kept comparing it to Zelda...I had high expectations. Not that Zelda has an amazing story, but the combat made me yearn for more.

I hope it plays waaay better than AC because that game was utter crap.

I'm thinking of getting guitar hero world tour. Will the rock band guitar work with it? Also I saw a guitar hero world tour guitar and a legends of rock guitar. Is there any difference? The LOR guitar was about $20 cheaper than the other.

I finally picked up/beat Resident Evil 5. It's a great game, but it's even less of Resident Evil title than 4 was. Why can't they just use these updated gameplay mechanics while keeping in the puzzles, typewriters, and the way of finding/picking up items that made the series what it once was? A great action game it is. Survival horror it is not.
    "After 10,000 years I'm free! It's time to conquer Earth!"

More deals for the week:

At Fry's Electronics from today through next Thursday, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Guitar Hero: Metallica, & Mortal Komat vs. DC Universe are $34.99 each for either PS3/360.

Uncharted 2 just became my most anticipated game of 2009. The 6 minute video posted at IGN was so seamless. The person playing the game made everything look like one long scene. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    Uncharted 2 just became my most anticipated game of 2009. The 6 minute video posted at IGN was so seamless. The person playing the game made everything look like one long scene. Can't wait!
    Agreed, the first one was a classic and so my wife and I are both pumped about this one!!

Don't give one crap about co-op or multiplayer and luckily unlike RE5 it's not required. Just give me a solid single player campaign like the first and I will be ecstatic.

Agreed, the first one was a classic and so my wife and I are both pumped about this one!!

Don't give one crap about co-op or multiplayer and luckily unlike RE5 it's not required. Just give me a solid single player campaign like the first and I will be ecstatic.
    I agree. I'm not at the least worried about the multiplayer and co-op modes. Naughty Dog is an amazing and successful developer. Anything they add I know will be great.

Hey at least we can play against each other Mark!

With all the hype around Punch Out, I completely forgot that Bionic Commando is also hitting this week! IGN gives it an 8 out of 10.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/983/983835p1.html

Had an awesome score today. There's a Wal-Mart near my work, that's high volume, but small store space. They've got all Rock Band/Rock Band 2 hardware/bundles on clearance. I picked up 1 of the last 2 Rock Band 2 full bundles for only $50 instead of $190! Now I'll be rocking out on both 360 & PS3.

Also grabbed GH Metallica for 360 with Best Buy matching the $34.99 price at Fry's.

I passed by the video games today and didn't know until I saw it that Wolverine Origins is out for PS2. Is this the same game as the PS3, or is it different like the way they screwed up Spider-Man Web of Shadows for PS2
    Real friends are better than plastic ones.

Heads up for Xbox360 owners...

My XBOX360 has given me the red light ring of death for the 2ND time. This is frustrating to no end.....After giving Microsoft hell they are repairing/replacing it without a charge. Yes its out of warranty since its a 2005 (replaced) system. So if anyone has this problem don't give in...a few ugly phone calls away they will work with you.. and to know what year your system is its the fifth to last number on your serial number.. the newer(2009) systems havent had any issues but were not even half way through the year yet..........
    At lease I have the PS3 and Wii to fall on this time...

Quote Originally Posted by ChgoMarc View Post
    I passed by the video games today and didn't know until I saw it that Wolverine Origins is out for PS2. Is this the same game as the PS3, or is it different like the way they screwed up Spider-Man Web of Shadows for PS2
    As far as I know it is like the one based on the Wii, both versions got awful review scores and most people are saying the DS version is one of the best.

Here is the IGN review for it http://ps2.ign.com/articles/979/979434p1.html

If you are wanting it I would definitely wait till it drops in price and get it on the cheap

Picked up Punch-Out today.....awesome so far. Really fun to play, I've just used the Wiimote so far classicwise. Looking forward to trying out the nunchuk.
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Overhaul View Post
    Heads up for Xbox360 owners...

My XBOX360 has given me the red light ring of death for the 2ND time. This is frustrating to no end.....After giving Microsoft hell they are repairing/replacing it without a charge. Yes its out of warranty since its a 2005 (replaced) system. So if anyone has this problem don't give in...a few ugly phone calls away they will work with you.. and to know what year your system is its the fifth to last number on your serial number.. the newer(2009) systems havent had any issues but were not even half way through the year yet..........
    At lease I have the PS3 and Wii to fall on this time...
    Only the second time? lol I've lost count of mine.

I would really like to play some punch out, but I took my Wii to my brother's and left it for his kids.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

I am going to pick up Punch Out and EA Active today, cannot wait!

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I haven't seen or read much about the UFC game that comes out today. Anyone played it yet? Thoughts? Concerns?
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

I am going to pick up Punch Out and EA Active today, cannot wait!
    Let me know how the EA Active is.....thought about picking that up.
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar

PS3 80GB system WITH PS2 Compatibility on AMAZON!!!

This is interesting...

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Me...blurayforum-20

It appears that someway, somehow, Amazon is going to have some of the 80GB MGS4 bundle with PS2 compatilibty in stock on May 22nd.

If you look at the listing scroll down past the marketplace listings (which as of right now states 8 new, 4 used), and also past the little box that has the selections of the different versions of the system (don't click on any of them, as you are already on the right one) and you will specifically see it say:

"In stock on May 22, 2009.
    Order it now.
    Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available"

And over in the right hand upper corner in the blue box where you add it to your cart, it says:

"Ready to buy?
    Price: $499.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
    Your Selection: 80 GB Metal Gear Solid Pack

In stock on May 22, 2009. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com"

So, if anyone is in the market for a PS3 and wants the compatibility, you may want to jump on this.

This all seems to be legit. I saw this listed over at Blu-Ray.com

Of course, I'm just passing this along. So if for any reason the system Amazon is sending out is different than what is shown, I'm not responsible!
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; May 19, 2009 at 05:09pm.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Just realized that Nintendo released Majora's Mask on the VC yesterday. Man, it's hard to keep track of all the releases this week.....

The Horde Guru of Gaming D-Day V1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HordakQuack View Post
    Picked up Punch-Out today.....awesome so far. Really fun to play, I've just used the Wiimote so far classicwise. Looking forward to trying out the nunchuk.
    I got it too. I really am enjoying it. I went to Gamestop because I had some games to trade in and a Nintendo rep was there and gave me a real cool bumper sticker for buying the game.
    Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another castle.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Just realized that Nintendo released Majora's Mask on the VC yesterday. Man, it's hard to keep track of all the releases this week.....
    Yeah it was the 300th VC game, now if only 300 of them were worth buying

Punch -Out is downright awesome, if Nintendo would only make a new Donkey Kong Country with the same effort. I felt like I was a kid again when I star punch knocked out King Hippo to win the belt. The animations are top notch, this game deserves all the accolades its getting!!

EA Active is great, its like what Wii Fit "should' have been in terms of depth (journal, range of activities, etc)

Anyone thinking about it should check out, it makes a awesome compliment to Wii Fit

http://www.whattheyplay.com/features...ve-vs-wii-fit/

It is basically a break down of the two, I fully expect the rumored Wii Fit + to be Nintendo's version of EA Active

Played Punch-Out!!! for a little bit last night. Got to Iron Tiger & lost once. Beat him on the rematch, and got destroyed by Don Flamenco. This game is awesome! Looking forward to getting some more hands on time tonight.