Page 246 of 351 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296346 ... LastLast
Results 6,126 to 6,150 of 8757

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Played Punch-Out!!! for a little bit last night. Got to Iron Tiger & lost once. Beat him on the rematch, and got destroyed by Don Flamenco. This game is awesome! Looking forward to getting some more hands on time tonight.
    Wait till you knock Flamenco's hairpiece off and he gets super po'd

I have lost 4 times so far (Bear Hugger, Great Tiger, Don Flamenco and Aran Ryan) and hold the two lower belts, right now Soda P is kicking my butt because I always dodge the wrong way on his right hook.

I almost do not want to move forward till I KO Aran Ryan, he is such a smug SOB and I can only TKO him?!?!

The motion controls work very well, I am sticking with the NES ones though because it just feels like the natural way to play. But I was able to get through the 1st circuit and win the belt using solely motion controls.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Wait till you knock Flamenco's hairpiece off and he gets super po'd

I have lost 4 times so far (Bear Hugger, Great Tiger, Don Flamenco and Aran Ryan) and hold the two lower belts, right now Soda P is kicking my butt because I always dodge the wrong way on his right hook.

I almost do not want to move forward till I KO Aran Ryan, he is such a smug SOB and I can only TKO him?!?!

The motion controls work very well, I am sticking with the NES ones though because it just feels like the natural way to play. But I was able to get through the 1st circuit and win the belt using solely motion controls.
    Once I get the patterns down for each fighter, I'll give the motion controls a try. If I'm feeling really bored, I may even use the balance board and see how unresponsive the controls are.....

Once I get the patterns down for each fighter, I'll give the motion controls a try. If I'm feeling really bored
    Have you tried getting any of the achievements yet in Exhibition? Some of them are unreal and require a lot of tact
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

when i got to bear hugger last night he TKOed me in the first round. maybe if i'd played super punch out i would have stood a better chance. but even with such a pathetic loss, i had fun fighting him.

i think playing with the motion controls is the way to go, although i can't vouch for the balance board as i don't have one. it felt good beating a new opponent in the other games for the first time, but it just doesn't compare to the feeling you get when your arms are tired and you feel as exhausted as little mac sometimes looks at the end of a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    when i got to bear hugger last night he TKOed me in the first round. maybe if i'd played super punch out i would have stood a better chance. but even with such a pathetic loss, i had fun fighting him.
    Not really, Bear Hugger is much better overall (stronger and faster) in this new Punch Out. You would probably know to duck during his bear hug but that's about all you would have learned from playing him previously.

The first real boxer who threw me was Great Tiger, most of the others had played similar to their original counterparts but Great Tiger is so much better in this game. He is still weak when you figure out the timing, but at first glance i think he is the one who will give most people their first sign this game is not just a quick remake.

i think playing with the motion controls is the way to go, although i can't vouch for the balance board as i don't have one. it felt good beating a new opponent in the other games for the first time, but it just doesn't compare to the feeling you get when your arms are tired and you feel as exhausted as little mac sometimes looks at the end of a fight.
    Its a bit easier to dodge too if you have big fingers since dodging is handled by the nunchuck stick instead of the d-pad on the wiimote.

Have you tried getting any of the achievements yet in Exhibition? Some of them are unreal and require a lot of tact
    Not yet - I only got to spend an hour or so with it yesterday. But with the 3-day weekend on the horizon, I plan on logging some serious game time with all the stuff I picked up this week.

Not really, Bear Hugger is much better overall (stronger and faster) in this new Punch Out. You would probably know to duck during his bear hug but that's about all you would have learned from playing him previously.

The first real boxer who threw me was Great Tiger, most of the others had played similar to their original counterparts but Great Tiger is so much better in this game. He is still weak when you figure out the timing, but at first glance i think he is the one who will give most people their first sign this game is not just a quick remake.
    the bear hugger thing is a little comforting to know, but the news about great tiger has me worried. i always dreaded fighting him as a kid. i think i managed to beat him once before i hit my teens, although i never had the game so that could be a big factor. i always panicked when he would teleport around the ring, and even as i played the first one as an adult he can give me some trouble from time to time.

but hey, the fun characters and precise timing required to beat them are exactly why i love these games in the first place, so even if i'm constantly pummeled by the same boxer i'll still come back to play more.

Its a bit easier to dodge too if you have big fingers since dodging is handled by the nunchuck stick instead of the d-pad on the wiimote.
    it does seem like it would be easier to dodge with the nunchuk, especially after multiple fights when your hands start to get sweaty. i've learned that i have difficulty switching between high and low punches with this setup though, and that really hurt me while fighting king hippo. whenever i would connect that first punch to his mouth, i would get caught up in the moment and keep throwing punches wildly without thinking. but every time i would realize too late that i had accidentally left my thumb pressed up on the stick and he'd block all of my other punches.

the bear hugger thing is a little comforting to know, but the news about great tiger has me worried. i always dreaded fighting him as a kid. i think i managed to beat him once before i hit my teens, although i never had the game so that could be a big factor. i always panicked when he would teleport around the ring, and even as i played the first one as an adult he can give me some trouble from time to time.
    Oh the teleporting got even better

With him its all about timing, you master his timing and he will go down for a KO. But do not feel upset if he whips your butt once or twice.

Just remember to pace yourself and restore health by pressing 1 + 2 when your opponent is down, and you get 1 health candy bar per fight by pressing - during the intermissions (Doc will whip out a candy bar which restores you).

but hey, the fun characters and precise timing required to beat them are exactly why i love these games in the first place, so even if i'm constantly pummeled by the same boxer i'll still come back to play more.
    Yes this game has all the fun that made the original awesome, its all about solving the puzzle of moves and timing. And I have not been mad or upset even though I have lost a few times, it just makes me want to try harder.

Just wait till you get to Aran Ryan, I will be so satisfied when I KO that punk.

Just wait till you get to Aran Ryan, I will be so satisfied when I KO that punk.
    I hate him on Super Punch Out. I can NEVER beat him before the 2nd round, with his stupid grapple move......

Project Trico leaked trailer:

I absolutely LOVE Ico & Shadow of the Colossus. Hopefully we'll get some info in a few weeks at E3......
    Last edited by Skullface; May 20, 2009 at 08:46pm.

Oh the teleporting got even better

With him its all about timing, you master his timing and he will go down for a KO. But do not feel upset if he whips your butt once or twice.
    i found out about that the hard way last night. it seems like he always punches from the opposite side that i'm anticipating. i wonder if the stuff he says is actually announcing which way he's going to go...

i tried out some of the challenges in exhibition mode yesterday. i was focusing mainly on glass joe's challenges since they seemed the easiest to complete. i managed to get two of them, but i can't figure out how to complete his last one. it's the one where you knock him out (or was it down? i don't remember.) with one punch. i'm guessing you have to star punch him when he turns red, as that instantly knocks down opponents, but i can't seem to get the timing right.

i know he turns red when he's about to do a hook from the left side of the screen, but it doesn't look like i can star punch him from there. and when he's going to do that jab from the right side, i always end up connecting too late. if i try to anticipate the jab, i punch him too early and it doesn't count. has anyone completed this challenge? what's the best way to hit him?

I hate him on Super Punch Out. I can NEVER beat him before the 2nd round, with his stupid grapple move......

Project Trico leaked trailer:

I absolutely LOVE Ico & Shadow of the Colossus. Hopefully we'll get some info in a few weeks at E3......
    my friend loves SOtC so he'll be happy if this comes to the 360.

i tried out some of the challenges in exhibition mode yesterday. i was focusing mainly on glass joe's challenges since they seemed the easiest to complete. i managed to get two of them, but i can't figure out how to complete his last one. it's the one where you knock him out (or was it down? i don't remember.) with one punch. i'm guessing you have to star punch him when he turns red, as that instantly knocks down opponents, but i can't seem to get the timing right.
    His last achievement is "Win the fight without dodging, ducking or blocking a punch", is that the one you wanted?

This one is not that hard, what you need to do is take Joe down twice in the first round when he is not doing anything. Its easy enough to get him knocked down because you can get stars when he is going for his uppercut.

So knock him down once when he taunts (the automatic one), then get him starred a few times and knock him down again with an A star punch

Go into round two and knock him down again, can you pre-empt all his punches with the right timing but if you must take hits (sometimes its unavoidable if you do not time right and end up wasting your stamina early) just make sure its near the end of a round, you can help time run faster by hitting him when he goes for a punch and then just let the birds fly around his head

Also remember to use 1 + 2 to recover if he knocks you down or - when you are in between rounds (1 time per match) to use Docs chocolate bar.

If you pace yourself correctly you should be able to get 4-5 knockdowns on Joe without getting a TKO or KO (if you are just wanting a decision) and without dodging, ducking, or blocking. If you really hit your stride you could get a KO in the first round like this (you can get up to 4 stars if you time right)

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    Only the second time? lol I've lost count of mine.

I would really like to play some punch out, but I took my Wii to my brother's and left it for his kids.
    Ha...Yeah a few friends of mine have ran through more than a few systems than I have... But, they bought the warranty through Bestbuy so they're getting new systems left and right. I'm not as lucky since it's a 05 model but Microsoft is sending me a new system which I'm very happy about. It's arriving May 26 thank god.... My PS3 is just a BluRay player and the Wii is fun for my little boy and girl.

I'm hooked on getting achievements..

Quote Originally Posted by wolf-manj View Post
    my friend loves SOtC so he'll be happy if this comes to the 360.
    Don't count on it - I believe the development team is a Sony first party developer. PS3 only.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Interesting information on "The Royal Wii"...

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/p...al-wii/1316670

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

After an hour or so of practicing, I finally managed to get past Don Flamenco. A 1st round TKO at 2:25 even! So happy I found the pattern for that guy.....

After an hour or so of practicing, I finally managed to get past Don Flamenco. A 1st round TKO at 2:25 even! So happy I found the pattern for that guy.....
    BOOOO, KO or go home

Did you manage to knock off his toupee? Its hilarious how mad he gets!

Don't count on it - I believe the development team is a Sony first party developer. PS3 only.
    LOL. Too bad. I'm not a fan of Ico or SOTC so I probably won't get it but i know he would want it.

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    I haven't seen or read much about the UFC game that comes out today. Anyone played it yet? Thoughts? Concerns?
    the reviews are pretty favourable, though the IGN review makes it sound a lot more flawed than the others. I'm not a big UFC fan but I like fighting games, one of the big selling points in this game is that you have an 80 fighter roster! that's huge! I hear it's the best ufc game to date but how much is that really saying?
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

His last achievement is "Win the fight without dodging, ducking or blocking a punch", is that the one you wanted?
    no. sorry, i worded things a little weird. it wasn't the last one on the list that i needed to complete. when i said i couldn't complete his last one, i just meant the last one left. i'm stuck on the one where you've got to knock him down in one punch. it's the second one on the list.

i had a little trouble with the no blocking or dodging one, but after switching to the advanced motion controls i managed to win it without any trouble.

no. sorry, i worded things a little weird. it wasn't the last one on the list that i needed to complete. when i said i couldn't complete his last one, i just meant the last one left. i'm stuck on the one where you've got to knock him down in one punch. it's the second one on the list.
    Ok, I know I beat that one. Now I just have to remember how.

I am stuck on the knock "Glass Joe down 3 times but lose by decision" achievement, I try just about everything but everytime I let him get the 4th knockdown on me I get KO'd. I read somewhere I only have to get knocked down 3 times and make sure my health is lower then his, so I am going to try that.

BOOOO, KO or go home

Did you manage to knock off his toupee? Its hilarious how mad he gets!
    Yep, I managed to get to do that. I also got the Achievement for doing it in the 1st round.

I am stuck on the knock "Glass Joe down 3 times but lose by decision" achievement, I try just about everything but everytime I let him get the 4th knockdown on me I get KO'd. I read somewhere I only have to get knocked down 3 times and make sure my health is lower then his, so I am going to try that.
    I got that one last night. I just quick knocked him down once in each round, and let him knock me down once in the first, twice in the second, and once in the third. After knocking him down, I just stood there and took his punches. On the 4th knockdown, when the KO animation starts for Little Mac, you should be able to avoid it once by mashing the 1& 2 buttons.

I really need to do some research on getting stars. I've pretty much been coming up short on finding the ways to do it for each of the 1st 8 boxers. (Haven't started the World Circuit yet)

Metroid Prime Trilogy dated for 8/24 - All 3 games on 1 disc. I'm such a***** for Metroid, I'll definitely grab this. Been looking forward to the Wii control scheme implemented to the 1st 2 games. And for only $50, 3 games instead of 2 $30 New Play Control titles. Awesome.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/985/985793p1.html
    Last edited by Skullface; May 22, 2009 at 01:35pm.

Ok, I know I beat that one. Now I just have to remember how.

i did the same thing that skullface mentioned, but i haven't used the 1 & 2 button trick to get back up another time. i'm not sure if i had to take a dive a fourth time in the match or not, to be honest. i did make sure that glass joe was wailing on me after i knock him down at the beginning of each round though. i ended up having to avoid several of his blows at the end of the third round just to make sure i didn't KO as my health was really low.

I really need to do some research on getting stars. I've pretty much been coming up short on finding the ways to do it for each of the 1st 8 boxers. (Haven't started the World Circuit yet)
    i haven't completed any of the challenges involving finding X number of ways to get stars from an opponent, but one surefire way to get them is to punch when they turn red. you can also get a star when the boxer does a taunt (i.e. bear hugger sticking his tongue at you). i don't know if there are other ways of obtaining stars or not, but those are the ones that i've found. while i'm talking about star punches, it may be helpful to know that if you manage to connect a star punch while the boxer is red, he will instantly be knocked down. the opponent can be at full health and you don't need three stars. you've got to time it just right though.

I almost forgot that Boom Blox Bash Party (Boom Blox 2) came out on Tuesday as well for Wii and it is 10x better than the original with full online level sharing support and an interface similar to LBP

i haven't completed any of the challenges involving finding X number of ways to get stars from an opponent, but one surefire way to get them is to punch when they turn red. you can also get a star when the boxer does a taunt (i.e. bear hugger sticking his tongue at you). i don't know if there are other ways of obtaining stars or not, but those are the ones that i've found. while i'm talking about star punches, it may be helpful to know that if you manage to connect a star punch while the boxer is red, he will instantly be knocked down. the opponent can be at full health and you don't need three stars. you've got to time it just right though.
    I think Gamespot is working on a guide, I cannot find the link but as of yesterday they had almost all of the fighters documented for their stars and their tells (motions, words, colors). They had not gotten to Title Defense or Last Stand mode yet.

OK, has anybody else with a PS3 been having a helluva time trying to sign in to PSN recently? I honestly think the latest firmware update screwed something up again. Ever since I installed it I can only connect to the PSN like 10% of the time the PS3's turned on. It also screws up my media sharing connection, which is mostly what I use my PS3 for.

Anyone else?