Page 247 of 351 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297347 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,175 of 8761

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    OK, has anybody else with a PS3 been having a helluva time trying to sign in to PSN recently? I honestly think the latest firmware update screwed something up again. Ever since I installed it I can only connect to the PSN like 10% of the time the PS3's turned on. It also screws up my media sharing connection, which is mostly what I use my PS3 for.

Anyone else?
    I noticed the PS3 does not see my Mac (media sharing) as easily as it used to after that last update. I now have to manually turn on and off the sharing on my Mac to get it to appear.

But the store worked fine for me when I connected
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

The Horde Guru of Gaming D-Day V1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    I haven't seen or read much about the UFC game that comes out today. Anyone played it yet? Thoughts? Concerns?
    I love the game. I played the demo and then went out and bought the game the next day.
    Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another castle.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I noticed the PS3 does not see my Mac (media sharing) as easily as it used to after that last update. I now have to manually turn on and off the sharing on my Mac to get it to appear.

But the store worked fine for me when I connected
    My connection to the PSN has experience no problems, but may I ask what you use to share the media from your Mac to your PS3? I've been trying to findsome decent media server software, but I can't find anything that works between OS X and the PS3
    "After 10,000 years I'm free! It's time to conquer Earth!"

Quote Originally Posted by PJMania View Post
    My connection to the PSN has experience no problems, but may I ask what you use to share the media from your Mac to your PS3? I've been trying to findsome decent media server software, but I can't find anything that works between OS X and the PS3
    Eyeconnect is what I use

http://www.elgato.com/elgato/na/main...onnect.en.html

It took me all of 2min to setup and the PS3 picked it up instantly
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Eyeconnect is what I use

http://www.elgato.com/elgato/na/main...onnect.en.html

It took me all of 2min to setup and the PS3 picked it up instantly
    Yeah I saw that one in my search. Thought about doing the trial version but figured whats the point since I only stream media to my PS3 occasionally and would prefer a completely free alternative. I have a free app called "PS3 Media Server" that works most of the time, but my PS3 has to be on before I open the app for it to connect, when rather I'd like to just not worry about going back and forth between my computer and my PS3 4 or 5 times before I can start enjoying my media.

Quote Originally Posted by PJMania View Post
    I use MediaLink and it works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    OK, has anybody else with a PS3 been having a helluva time trying to sign in to PSN recently? I honestly think the latest firmware update screwed something up again. Ever since I installed it I can only connect to the PSN like 10% of the time the PS3's turned on. It also screws up my media sharing connection, which is mostly what I use my PS3 for.

Anyone else?
    While I was downloading the Infamous demo the other day it said there was some kind of error and signed me out. It must have eventually signed back in because the demo finished downloading. I think its had other connection problems too.

This is just too awesome, its Punch Out Wii remixed with No Easy Way Out ala Rocky.

It probably contains spoilers for fighters if you have not played

Punch Out Wii - No Easy Way Out from Mini Ditka on Vimeo.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    It looks like Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom is going to get a US release for the Wii after all:

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6210358...t-look/?page=1

This is really awesome news. It does stink a little that I bought the import version, but then again by the time this comes out, it will be almost a year since I got my import, so at least I've been able to enjoy it for that long already.

It's great news for fans of the capcom crossover games in general. I'll likely still pick this up. This way, if for some reason, some way, somehow, my ability to use the Homebrew Channel is ever cromprimised, I will still be able to play this game. Plus it will just be nice to have the friggin menus in English.

It would be nice if they were to make a Hi-Def version for PS3 and 360, but any US release is awesome.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    It looks like Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom is going to get a US release for the Wii after all:

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6210358...t-look/?page=1

This is really awesome news. It does stink a little that I bought the import version, but then again by the time this comes out, it will be almost a year since I got my import, so at least I've been able to enjoy it for that long already.

It's great news for fans of the capcom crossover games in general. I'll likely still pick this up. This way, if for some reason, some way, somehow, my ability to use the Homebrew Channel is ever cromprimised, I will still be able to play this game. Plus it will just be nice to have the friggin menus in English.

It would be nice if they were to make a Hi-Def version for PS3 and 360, but any US release is awesome.
    Well considering it was created on the Wii arcade board it probably would not look much better if up-ported to the PS3/360.

Also I do not think all the characters are coming over and substitutes will be used, so that does not totally render the JP game useless

I am pumped since I will now be able to understand the menus!

Well considering it was created on the Wii arcade board it probably would not look much better if up-ported to the PS3/360.

Also I do not think all the characters are coming over and substitutes will be used, so that does not totally render the JP game useless

I am pumped since I will now be able to understand the menus!
    Yeah, the menus are a PAIN on this thing. I have a print up of the translations, and then I have to count how many options down they are so that I get to the right menu when I need to.

I hope that they don't substitute in other characters (meaning that characters from the Japanese version would be missing). I don't mind if they add more, but I'd hope that all existing characters remain intact. But, either way it is what it is. I still have my Japanese system, but I just have these nightmare scnearios in the back of my mind where something will happen to my Wii, I'll send it in to Nintendo, and I will get it back with the newest firmware and will be unable to reinstall the homebrew channel and play this game. I know it's just one game and all, but it's one that I don't want to lose access to.

Wow - Can't believe nobody posted about this today.....

CAUTION - There is some language in the following video.....

I did not post about it solely because of the content

But I am there Day 1 Hour 1, NMH2 will freaking rule. I have beat the first one now 4 times and still do not get bored with the bosses.

I cannot wait for this, its probably one of my Top 3 games that I am anticipating behind The Conduit and God of War III

I did not post about it solely because of the content

But I am there Day 1 Hour 1, NMH2 will freaking rule. I have beat the first one now 4 times and still do not get bored with the bosses.

I cannot wait for this, its probably one of my Top 3 games that I am anticipating behind The Conduit and God of War III
    I will probably start crying tears of joy when I see new God Of War III footage.

Just a reminder for those who forgot/didn't know - E3 starts Monday 6/1 and goes through Thursday 6/4. Press conferences of note:

Microsoft - Monday 6/1 @ 1:30pm Eastern time
    Electronic Arts - Monday 6/1 @ 5pm Eastern time
    Nintendo - Tuesday 6/2 @ noon Eastern
    Sony - Tuesday 6/2 @ 2pm Eastern

Never heard of this game. What system is it played on?
    My post count just got bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by mkpat View Post
    Never heard of this game. What system is it played on?
    Which one Capcom vs Tatsunoko, No More Heroes of God of War?

Capcom vs Tatsunoko is a Nintendo Wii game and part of the VS series (Marvel vs Capcom, etc), No More Heroes is for Nintendo Wii, and God of War is a Sony series (its been on PS2/PSP and the newest is PS3)

The trailer above is for No More Heroes 2 Desperate Struggle, the sequel to 2008 No More Heroes.

Hey guys, I want to connect to XBLA. Will it work OK if I use a USB? I'd use ethernet, but there's only one ethernet port on my modem, and it's occupied by the wireless router I use to connect to the Wii VC.

Which one Capcom vs Tatsunoko, No More Heroes of God of War?

Capcom vs Tatsunoko is a Nintendo Wii game and part of the VS series (Marvel vs Capcom, etc), No More Heroes is for Nintendo Wii, and God of War is a Sony series (its been on PS2/PSP and the newest is PS3)

The trailer above is for No More Heroes 2 Desperate Struggle, the sequel to 2008 No More Heroes.
    Thanks, that covers everything!!!
    My post count just got bigger.

The Microsoft E3 press conference starts in about 4 hours, they are expected to announce a motion camera, a possible partnership with Hulu (same functionality as netflix), and some really great games.

I will update this post with what they come out with for those who are not/cannot follow it live.

The Hulu info is kind of interesting. But, from what I understand Hulu on the internet is a free service. I wonder if it would continue to be free via Xbox.

The Hulu info is kind of interesting. But, from what I understand Hulu on the internet is a free service. I wonder if it would continue to be free via Xbox.
    It most likely would be, it would just be integrated similar to Netflix where you can access your Hulu queue. Hulu has advertisements through each of the shows they offer (similar to commercials but are very limited) so as long as they keep that in place there is no reason to charge.

If they announce that service I will finally be getting an Xbox 360 Arcade, when we move I am getting rid of cable and have been looking at netflix enabled devices like TiVO and the Roku player (my in laws have it and its great) but if I can get Hulu and Netflix on the same device I am sold.

It most likely would be, it would just be integrated similar to Netflix where you can access your Hulu queue.

If they announce that service I will finally be getting an Xbox 360 Arcade, when we move I am getting rid of cable and have been looking at netflix enabled devices like TiVO and the Roku player (my in laws have it and its great) but if I can get Hulu and Netflix on the same device I am sold.
    You know, something just occurred to me...

I wonder if I could use Hulu via the PS3. Granted, I would have to go through the internet browser, and I'm not sure how good the quality would be, but I just may give that a try and see how well it works out.

I'd be interested in seeing how well that would work compared to this 360 thing. Granted, the 360 way would likely be less cumbersome, but at the same time, given the still ongoing (though reduced) RROD issues, I really wouldn't want to have to use my 360 for something like this if I could avoid it.

I wonder if I could use Hulu via the PS3. Granted, I would have to go through the internet browser, and I'm not sure how good the quality would be, but I just may give that a try and see how well it works out.
    It kinda works, I am not sure if you can do full screen but I think I was able to get the windowed version to work properly.

There is also software that lets you turn your PC into a media streamer for hulu and your PS3 connects to that (basically your PC acts as a cached HD)

Sooner or later Netflix will be on the Wii and PS3 I think, they sent out two surveys that asked if people wanted it on those game systems.

I'd be interested in seeing how well that would work compared to this 360 thing. Granted, the 360 way would likely be less cumbersome, but at the same time, given the still ongoing (though reduced) RROD issues, I really wouldn't want to have to use my 360 for something like this if I could avoid it.
    Trust me I have similar concerns but for me its either $199 for a Xbox Arcade that allows me to at least sample the 360 games that do not get put on PS3 (or Wii) and have access to Netflix or $99 for just a box that lets me access Netflix and pay as you go Amazon. I guess there is also the TiVO route but thats usually what I use my Macbook for since I bought a HD USB tuner a year ago that can record 1080 broadcasts.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________

Microsoft E3 Presentation (in progess)
    • 1 vs 100 Beta begins tonight
    • Rock Band Beatles will feature harmony ability and full DLC Beatles Albums
    • Tony Hawk RIDE shown, uses the Tony Hawk board
    • Modern Warfare 2 shown (looks impressive as hell), November 2009, first 2 map packs 360 timed exclusive
    • Final Fantasy XIII shown running on 360 hardware
    • last.fm coming to 360, Gold Members get it for free
    • Netflix being retrofitted, can access entire library without needing to use PC to add to queue
    • For UK users, live television will be allowed on the 360 via SKY
    • Video Store being revamped, 1080p standard and renamed Zune, immediate access to movies/tv shows. Doubling country access from 8 to 18
    • Microsoft Live Party, watch movies with friends and family at the same time
    • Partnership with Facebook, interface redesigned to work with 360, adding Facebook connect to post screenshots and text of your games
    • Twitter being added to 360, share what you are playing, watching and doing.
    • Metal Gear Solid Rising coming to 360, starring Raiden
    • Project NATAL announced, controller free motion controlling camera (think Wii without controller...kinda). Will be compatible with all past and present 360's regardless of model. Includes face recognition, skateboarding, fighting, interactive chat, shopping all shown. Interactive AI (think skynet from Terminator) and painting apps shown.

Exclusive to 360 games:
    • Shadow Complex by EPIC Games, exclusive to XBLA
    • Joyride by Big Park Studios, avatar based kart racer, free for anyone to download and play for XBLA
    • Crackdown 2
    • Left 4 Dead 2 exclusive to 360/PC
    • Splinter Cell Conviction exclusive to 360
    • Forza Motorsport 3, shipping in Oct
    • Halo 3 ODST (Orbital Drop Shock Trooper), takes place a few weeks before Halo 3, game plays via flashbacks of multiple characters, coming Sept 2009
    • Halo Reach coming 2010, when you buy ODST you can a beta code for Reach
    • Alan Wake revealed and playable, coming Spring 2010

Other E3 News

• Brand New Monkey Island by Telltale Games, episodes only on Wii and PC. Original creators are on board. Takes place during Monkey Island 2 Era: Guybrush

• EA Sports Active sold 600,000 copies in 2 weeks, expansion disc coming for Christmas

It should work to some degree. I've watched steaming wrestling pay per views through the PS3 before with some decent success. Full screen didn't work, but then again, it doesn't work on my computer for that site either. I have yet to try Hulu to see if full screen would work.

Thought a few people might be interested in this. Warning the trailer is violent .