Page 248 of 352 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258298348 ... LastLast
Results 6,176 to 6,200 of 8798

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Star Wars Old Republic MMO Trailer (this thing is EPIC)

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Boy did the big boys drop the ball on conferences today. Gamespot started late and had a fuzzy quality. IGN kept stalling, had a cleaner picture but ended up minutes behind the live feed from the lock ups. I really hope I find a better source tomorrow. As far as xbox its like one long game for me as usual, gray muted world, gun toting male for nearly the whole game segment. No rpgs, no platformers, no real primary colors from what I could tell. Shadow Complex looked the best to me and Alan Wake though dumbed down more then expected after all these years looks interesting too.

Yeah, IGN's video was totally screwed - they didn't even have the full M$ conference up. (Last thing shown was the Twitter stuff, then it cuts off)

Honestly, the only exclusives they showed that looked promising to me were Shadow Complex & Splinter Cell. Everything else that looked good was multi-platform. (But then again, I don't usually play FPS or sports games, AKA 80+% of the 360 library)

I guess MGS on 360 was the only really big announcement. (Which has been heavily rumored for the past 3 years anyway) All these goofy controllers/cameras/peripherals that are being introduced (across all companies) have become WAY too much. How many things do they expect people to go out and buy when they have no room for them all?

The trailer for The Old Republic was easily the best thing that came out of today's footage. (And I'm not a PC gamer at all, but I may ante up for that one!) Assassin's Creed 2 looked BEAUTIFUL. (Let's hope the game play is less repetitive than the first) And am I the only one who absolutely cannot wait for Brutal Legend?

And still no info yet on BG&E2 from Ubi today....

I thought it was great that MS had Tony Hawk shill his board only to show their camera doing the same things without needing the board, bet Activision was real happy about that

The highlights for me were Red Steel 2 (IGN has the developer walkthrough which is much better than what was shown at the horrendous Ubisoft conference) and the Star Wars trailer

And no Hulu for Xbox, I dont care about Facebook or Twitter

I have a feeling Nintendo and Sony will have much better conferences tomorrow with Pikmin 3, whatever new games they have (rumors broke on a new Mario game late yesterday), and Uncharted 2, God of War III on the Sony side.

I think the Xbox camera is neat but they just sent out dev kits today and seeing as how no developers seemed to want to deal with the wiimote makes me think that unless MS gives them big fat checks they wont want to mess with the camera
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I have a feeling Nintendo and Sony will have much better conferences tomorrow with Pikmin 3, whatever new games they have (rumors broke on a new Mario game late yesterday), and Uncharted 2, God of War III on the Sony side.
    Sony will *almost* definitely have the best conference, based on what M$ showed, and what Nintendo probably won't show. Honestly, after the cluster-f that was the big N's conference last year, they NEED to announce/show off more classic 1st party games. Pikmin 3 will be a lock, and everybody's STILL hoping for something regarding Kid Icarus. And seeing as how it will literally be 3 years this November without a new Zelda game, (not to mention Twilight Princess was originally a Gamecube title, meaning Nintendo has had over 4 years to develop the next game) if they don't at least show a new teaser trailer, the internet will explode. (Spirit Tracks not included)

I'm sure we'll get 20 minutes of sales charts and more back-patting from The Reginator and crew before anything interesting gets dropped. (And then it'll be another 20 minutes of how awesome Wii Music and Wii Motion+ are)

Seriously, all Sony needs to do is show extended trailers for GoW3 & Uncharted 2, give details on the PSP Go!, and go home - we'll all be happy. Though I'm sure we'll get some info on Ratchet & Clank, MGS, and several others. I bet they will also have a big PSN or firmware announcement too.

Late last night Nintendo removed Red Steel 2 from their conference to make room for their own sword game according to IGN. And there is one large booth in the Wii area with no posters or anything till after the conference. Also Sin & Punishment 2 has a massive booth.

We also know now Super Mario Bros Wii is coming based on pics from last night. If we can avoid 35min of sales info it automatically beats last years

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    OMG, Nintendo is showing the SAME CRAP as last year.

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    OMG, Nintendo is showing the SAME CRAP as last year.
    Its like they took the October conference and just split out the trailers

They cannot possibly repeat the epic fail that was the Wii Music reveal, and I do not think anybody can repeat the ugly failure that was the Ubisoft conference last night (missing footage, games almost freezing, James Cameron talking for 30min).

I will recap it below but so far it just looks like the same old same old with few exceptions (seriously WSR comes out like in 1 month and we just got a look at the other games ?!?)

• Super Mario Bros Wii, 4 player game. Koopa Kids are enemies!
    • More Wii Fit (Wii Fit Plus) and Wii Sports Resort stuff shown
    • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Crystal Bearers Wii shown
    • Kingdom Hearts DS shown
    • Mario and Luigi 3 DS shown
    • Golden Sun DS revealed for 2010
    • Women's Murder Club: Games of Passion for DS
    • COP The Recruit for DS
    • Style Savvy for DS (Girls Mode from Japan, massive seller)
    • DSi sales past 1 million in 2 months, Flipnote Studio software coming
    • Mario vs Donkey Kong Minis March DSi game available on Monday via DSiWare
    • Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks DS on show floor
    • Wii Vitality Sensor revealed
    • MARIO GALAXY 2 with Yoshi!
    • The Conduit shown by Sega
    • Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles shown by Capcom
    • Dead Space Extraction shown by EA
    • NEW METROID Other M for Wii by Team Ninja! Not a FPS adventure like before

The Metroid game looks pretty cool, surprised Team Ninja is handling it, am excited as hell to play with Yoshi in SMG2.

Iwata and Miyamoto will be giving a round table at 6pm tonight and next week there is a Japanese conference scheduled so more game announcements will be coming in June.

Its like they took the October conference and just split out the trailers

They cannot possible repeat the epic fail that was the Wii Music reveal, and I do not think anybody can repeat the ugly failure that was the Ubisoft conference last night (missing footage, games almost freezing, James Cameron talking for 30min)
    Are YOU SURE? I am BORED to my MIND! All I hear is blah, blah blah....

EDIT:

MORE ACCESSORIES! YAY! :: insert sarcastic emoticon here ::

So how about that Pikmin? Great looking game, huh?
    Last edited by hemanrep; June 2, 2009 at 02:20pm.

MORE ACCESSORIES! YAY! :: insert sarcastic emoticon here ::
    They revealed SMG2 I think as you were typing that

But yeah what are you supposed to use that for, Wii Pulse or a Wii version of that FOX gameshow where you tell the truth ha ha ha

Yeah, honestly, outside of the new Mario & Metroid games, there wasn't much else to get excited about. Wii Sports Resort will be shallow fun, and the new RE game looks OK.

All said, Super Mario Galaxy 2 will be epic. I'm unsure about the new Metroid though - looks to be fully third person 3D, and being developed by Team Ninja, it'll be hard as hell. (Who knows for sure though - hopefully Itagaki is still no longer around with them)

Bring on Sony in 40 minutes!

Ooooh crap - forgot about Conduit - that looks sweet too!

All in all, definitely better than last year's show, but outside of the megaton announcements, the same old stuff. And where the hell was Pikmin 3?

So how about that Pikmin? Great looking game, huh?
    Do I detect some ill feelings? Every year you expect Nintendo do something and every year they disappoint so why keep coming back like a beaten wife?

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Bring on Sony in 40 minutes!
    Whooo hoo, come on Uncharted and God of War III stuff

I think its also funny we did not get much on Sin and Punishment 2 when there is a gigantic booth in Nintendo's area with 4 large monitors demoing the game

And where the hell was Pikmin 3?
    Probably coming next week at the Japan conference, they did get the New Play Pikmin 1 and 2 first so I would imagine Pikmin 3 will be there as well to help the slump.

SMG2 just looks like an expansion disc for the original game. Sorry, I'm not paying $50 for additional levels.

I was a little interested in the Metroid announcement in that it looks like a story-driven game. I wasn't as impressed as everyone else with Team Ninja developing it. Didn't really dig Ninja Gaiden Sigma and other than breast physics, they haven't impressed me. My only hope is that Nintendo handles the game controls (camera angles in Ninja Gaiden were atrocious) and leaves the story stuff to Tecmo.

21 mins to go before Sony takes the stage

Gamespot feed just went live
    http://e3.gamespot.com/press-confere...=topslot;img;1

Sony automatically wins for having Queen do their montage, excellent job

I love Jack's start off comment about the press leaks and how they have ruined the conferences

Sony E3 Press Conference (will update as it happens)

• Uncharted 2 Among Thieves gameplay shown (I want this game NOW)
    • MAG 256 live gameplay shown
    • PSP Go officially unveiled, wi-fi, 16gb hd, bluetooth, and media manager, $249 October 1st 2009
    • Gran Turismo PSP revealed
    • Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker for PSP revealed
    • Resident Evil for PSP revealed, Little Big Planet PSP, Hannah Montana announced and montage shown (Soul Calibur, etc)
    • Final Fantasy VII for PSN (PS3/PSP) TODAY!
    • HOME shown (still epic fail imho)
    • Agent from Rockstar Games coming as PS3 Exclusive
    • Assassins Creed 2 gameplay shown
    • FFXIII trailer shown
    • FFXIV Online shown
    • Lost Planet 2 for PS3 Confirmed
    • PS3 Motion Controller shown, not going to say what the prototype looks like
    • Sony signs agreement with Disney for content to use in LBP
    • Mod Nation Racers shown, create your own tracks and environments
    • Last Guardian for PS3 revealed (Team ICO third game)
    • GT5 for PS3 shown
    • God of War 3 shown

OTHER E3 News
    • Endless Ocean 2 (Wii) coming with online, wii speak and in 2009
    • Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (Layton 2) for DS coming August 24 2009!

OK Sony, a wiimote is new tech?!? At least MS Project Natal was innovative, there was not one thing with the Sony wand that does anything more than the Wiimote with M+ does now. It requires the PS3 Camera which blows with bad lighting so I worry greatly about its accuracy. MS blows Sony out of the water on potential new tech imho.

I guess people can stop whining because this means we will probably get some highly developed HD motion control games

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    So, this Super Mario Bros. Wii game (not mario galaxy 2), what exactly is the style of game? It is like a traditional side scrolling Mario game like the old SMB games, or is it something else entirely? And if it can be 4 players, will there be a cast similar to Super Mario Bros. 2 or something?

Any info that anyone may have on this will be greatly appreciated.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    So, this Super Mario Bros. Wii game (not mario galaxy 2), what exactly is the style of game? It is like a traditional side scrolling Mario game like the old SMB games, or is it something else entirely? And if it can be 4 players, will there be a cast similar to Super Mario Bros. 2 or something?

Think mini-game, but the size of a Super Mario Bros. game. I'd rather have a full-fledged Super Mario Bros. sequel to the DS game.

Think New Super Mario Bros. for DS style.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Think New Super Mario Bros. for DS style.
    Really? I think it's more multiplayer focused which removes the similarity of it from the DS game. The graphics are more NSMB-like, but I think the gameplay is going to be different.

Intial reaction to a 2D console mario after all these years? Complete spaztastic joy! After watching how Nintendo briefly handled it and other online concerns about the same thing I'm abit worried. It seems to be more of a simple little party co op game then going after SMW or SMW2 crown. Plus you already have folks ready to compare its against SMG2, damning 2D once and for all. Nintendo may not have it in them to do high grade 2D scrollers anymore just comparing to the visuals of SMW2:YI shows this but here is to hoping.

The PS3 version of the Wiimote is pretty impressive. Especially seeing the guy actually in the game and objects appearing his hand.

Really? I think it's more multiplayer focused which removes the similarity of it from the DS game. The graphics are more NSMB-like, but I think the gameplay is going to be different.
    No from what I see is still NSMB but you have the option of going after your partners, just like in Zelda Four Swords. The game can be played by 1 person so how is not like NSMB?
    The PS3 version of the Wiimote is pretty impressive. Especially seeing the guy actually in the game and objects appearing his hand.
    Nothing the Eye Toy did not do on the PS2, I am not impressed in the least with their motion controller. I see more potential in the Wiimote with Motion Plus and Project Natal.

Sony needs a PS3 price drop and to get rid of the PS2, not copy the Wii and promote the PSP

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Nothing the Eye Toy did not do on the PS2, I am not impressed in the least with their motion controller. I see more potential in the Wiimote with Motion Plus and Project Natal.

Sony needs a PS3 price drop and to get rid of the PS2, not copy the Wii and promote the PSP

Actually, I think Sony should copy the Wii even more and start including backwards compatibility with their last system in all new PS3's going forward.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Actually, I think Sony should copy the Wii even more and start including backwards compatibility with their last system in all new PS3's going forward.
    And tout it as a brand new feature

Looking forward to Uncharted 2, God of War III, and RE PSP but that was about it from Sony's end.

Wonder when that leaked PS3 Slim will hit?

More info on Super Mario Bros Wii will come tonight via IGN, here is a new capture of Mario fighting a Koopa Kid

Bang your head!!!
    Star Wars Old Republic MMO Trailer (this thing is EPIC)

Screw the game, just make a DTV movie from this

LOL
    I was thinking the exact same thing...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

I also think integrating Wii features into the PS3 is a great idea. Having the best of both worlds...HD graphics, core and casual gaming, great online network, and motion sensing hardware is a plethora of options that Sony needs to compete against Microsoft. I believe Nintendo is in a totally different market right now as they focus soley on casual gaming.

I think Sony now has enough arsenals to get the PS3 back on track. The only thing missing is the price drop.

On that note...I think it's time to change my avatar.