Page 249 of 351 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259299349 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,225 of 8757

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    I think Sony now has enough arsenals to get the PS3 back on track. The only thing missing is the price drop.

On that note...I think it's time to change my avatar.
    Yup without a price drop its all worthless, when you get outsold by the PS2 which you are supposed to be replacing it does not help much in trying to move those over. And unless they bundle these new sticks with the PS3 in 2010 or 2011 it will be just as worthless as the PS2 and PS3 Eye Toy are now.

And for the record I still think the casual vs hardcore is absolute bs, its a stupid argument imo

Some trailers for E3 games

Sin and Punishment 2

Metroid Other M

Assassins Creed 2
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yup without a price drop its all worthless, when you get outsold by the PS2 which you are supposed to be replacing it does not help much in trying to move those over. And unless they bundle these new sticks with the PS3 in 2010 or 2011 it will be just as worthless as the PS2 and PS3 Eye Toy are now.
    It's not worthless if one owns a PS3 already or if the consumer thinks the price is worth the product. I think that the balance board proves added peripherals can be successful if the software is effective.

I have absolutely no interest in the balance board, but hey 15M sold says MS and Sony's motion sensing devices have potential.

And for the record I still think the casual vs hardcore is absolute bs, its a stupid argument imo
    Just going to have to agree to disagree. Look at Nintendo's last two E3 press conferences. If Nintendo had shown more core games, do you think the gaming enthusiast would be yawning? Dude, everyone was BORED because it catered to casuals.

As much as Nintendo wants to blur the line between the two sides, they haven't done a good job with it. And yeah, the Mario IPs (Mario Kart, SMBW, Mario Party) may cater to a larger audience, but overall, those are still core games which are dumbed down for casuals. Look at Mario Kart Wii, rubber banding? Terrible.

But I digress. I'm not going to write paragraphs arguing what is right and what is wrong. It's all opinion. I don't have time to post in this thread daily to debate about Nintendo losing core gamers. Just look at the trends on Twitter and that's enough proof.
    Last edited by hemanrep; June 2, 2009 at 04:38pm.

Just going to have to agree to disagree.
    Yup we can disagree and still play Uncharted 2

All in all I liked what I saw at E3, I desperately want Super Mario Galaxy 2, New Super Mario Bros Wii from Nintendo, my wife wants Wii Fit Plus and Professor Layton 2. Over on the Sony side I will be there Day 1 for Uncharted 2 and God of War III.

The internet kinda sucks because almost all the "good" trailers and game news was leaked before E3 even began via twitter and other game sites, looking forward to Capcoms conference to see what they say about Capcom vs Tatsunoko and whether or not Monster Hunter Tri is going to charge for US online access like it does in JP.

So far the only thing that took my breath away was the Star Wars Old Republic trailer, it was unexpected and so freaking awesome I wish we could have more surprises like that.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    And tout it as a brand new feature
    Sounds like something that Sony would do!

More info on Super Mario Bros Wii will come tonight via IGN, here is a new capture of Mario fighting a Koopa Kid

THE KOOPA KIDS ARE BACK?????!!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!

I've been wanting them to return for the longest freakin time! I was hoping they would be in New Super Mario Bros. for the DS, but that didn't happen then!

Ok... no matter how lack luster most of the rest of Nintendo's line up may be, this alone redeems it in my eyes! Oh man, I would do cartwheels right now if I were physically capable of doing so!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

All in all, I was most impressed with Sony's conference than the other 2. Just my preference in terms of games showcased.

Sad to get confirmation that GoW3 has been pushed to March, but that's ALWAYS been the month for GoW games. The Assassin's Creed demo was awesome!

Hopefully Sony will finally get off their butts and add in-game chat......

When are the next batch of publisher conferences? Capcom, Activision, etc.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    When are the next batch of publisher conferences? Capcom, Activision, etc.....
    Yeah I liked Sony's conference the most as well, guess because I was interested in what they were bringing more.

The next round of conferences is

Miyamoto's Roundtable : tonight
    Square-Enix tomorrow at 1pm/EST
    Konami tomorrow at 6pm/EST

Not sure when Capcom or Activision is, Capcom's was being effected by the Swine Flu as of last week.

Here are some New Super Mario Wii screens via IGN, confirmed playable characters as of now are Mario, Luigi and Toad. The game is on the show floor as playable and IGN is going to do a write up with impressions tonight.

Also an update from Capcom on Capcom vs Tatsunoko. Looks like I have to double dip now for the new characters and online gameplay

This “newer” version of TvC, currently dubbed Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Ultimate All Stars, removes one character due to licensing issues, and adds five new ones, online gameplay, more mini-games and an enhanced story mode.

Features:

• 26 fan-favorite characters from the Tatsunoko and Capcom universes face-off in this stylish 2D fighter
    • Tag-team battles and customized two-character fighting techniques produce a wild, dazzling spectacle
    • Wi-Fi Online gameplay allows worldwide matches
    • Four battle modes include Friend, Rival, Free and Ranked Battles
    • Match-ups are not restricted to just “Friends”
    • Earn Points and Titles (for Title Creation) for all to see
    • All-new VS gameplay mechanics creates a new way for fans to return to the series
    • More than 20 Mini-game provide additional multiplayer fun
    • Enhanced control schemes offer a simplified control scheme option and allow use of the Classic Controller and Gamecube Controller

OMG I can take or leave Final Fantasy since playstation era but I thought he was joking about FF14. Even though its Rapture the online game that was hot! Plus seeing all the whiners complain its not a second straight ff console game on forums in same 2010 year is doubling fun.

Matt at IGN just said we will see Kingdom Hearts 3 for Wii tomorrow at the SE press conference... that is probably going to make some people mad (not me as long as it came to Wii or PS3 I was good to go). Gametrailers also reported something similar this morning.

Makes sense though, Disney is in love with the Wii and they control the KH licenses for the most part.

And here is the New Super Mario Bros E3 Trailer showing 1 player as well as 4 player

Matt at IGN just said we will see Kingdom Hearts 3 for Wii tomorrow at the SE press conference... that is probably going to make some people mad (not me as long as it came to Wii or PS3 I was good to go). Gametrailers also reported something similar this morning.

Makes sense though, Disney is in love with the Wii and they control the KH licenses for the most part.
    See, that is something that should have been at the Nintendo press conference.

Where did he say that though?

See, that is something that should have been at the Nintendo press conference.

Where did he say that though?
    His comments appeared in a NEOGAF thread that was deleted quickly after (not locked as usual), his comments were that we would have to wait for the SE Conference and thats all he would say.

The IGN page is here

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/143/14354710/vids_1.html

{TBA?} Kingdom Hearts Wii Videos (Wii)
    The third chapter in the mash-up adventure of Square-Enix and Disney.
    Gametrailers also made mention of it this morning and promptly took down the info they had.

Gametrailers also made mention of it this morning and promptly took down the info they had.
    G4's news ticker also mentioned KH for Wii earlier today, but it didn't say KHIII so I assumed they mistook it for the DS game.

Guess it must be true.

G4's news ticker also mentioned KH for Wii earlier today, but it didn't say KHIII so I assumed they mistook it for the DS game.

Guess it must be true.
    We will all find out tomorrow, SE was just asked and they said when they approached the next one they would think about Wii along with other consoles and that was just last week

This is what was said in the recent Nintendo Power
    A portion of an interview with Tetsuya Nomura, the creator of Kingdom Hearts...

NP: Have you given any thought to bringing Kingdom Hearts to Wii in some form?

TN: Once the projects I am involved in have settled to a point, there might be some room to consider that. But at the moment, I've got my hands full.
    I would not be surprised if it was a mixup since KH DS is coming out shortly. If it is I do not expect anything more than KHIII Wii and coming 2011 or something like that

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Ok, I'm a little confued on the 4 player things with Mario Wii. Is it always 4 players? If I play a single playrer game, will there still be 3 other characters controled by the computer? Or will i tjust be my one character?

Aside from that confusion, I like what I am seeing so far. It looks like there are a lot of power ups for Mario, giving it sort of a Mario 3 feel. And the apparent return of the Koopa kids is the icing on the cake.

As for Tatsunoko vs Capcom, its cool that the game is only losing one character (I'd prefer none, but one isn't too bad). Is it known which character it is? Just curious. The fact that a lot is being added is really awesome.

I will say that if Kingdom Hearts 3 is ONLY on the Wii, I will be disapointed. I'll get it no matter what, but I was really hoping for a PS3 version. The graphics and cut scenes from the PS2 games were awesome for their time, and I was really hoping to see the next gen version of that. But it looks like the games may be stuck in what is essentially last gen graphics. Oh well. Its better than no new KH at all.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Ok, I'm a little confued on the 4 player things with Mario Wii. Is it always 4 players? If I play a single playrer game, will there still be 3 other characters controled by the computer? Or will i tjust be my one character?

Aside from that confusion, I like what I am seeing so far. It looks like there are a lot of power ups for Mario, giving it sort of a Mario 3 feel. And the apparent return of the Koopa kids is the icing on the cake.
    Its 1-4 players, if you play 1 player there will only be 1 player on the screen, no computer controlled co-op.

Watch the E3 trailer I posted above it shows what just a 1 player game looks like.

http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...postcount=6292

Updates from Miyamoto's roundtable

6:24 p.m.: The title features roughly 80-something levels.

6:22 p.m.: Wii's added processing power enables Nintendo to create this kind of multiplayer game because the console can handle all four players plus additional on-screen characters, etc.

6:21 p.m.: The camera in New Super Mario Bros. auto pans in or zooms out depending on what is happening between players at any given moment.

6:20 p.m.: (On NSMB Wii) The balance between competitive and cooperative multiplayer gameplay harkens back to the original Mario Bros.

6:19 p.m.: Miyamoto has been working on the Mario franchise for many years and he has always wanted to recreate the single-player gameplay that you get from the game for multiple players. With just about every Mario project he's worked on, he starts out with some kind of multiplayer functionality, but it usually doesn't come to fruition.
    NEW ZELDA WII INFO (I mean we all knew it was coming so not too amazing, but will probably be key game for E3 2010 for release in the Fall/Winter given how everything else Wii has rolled out)
    http://kotaku.com/5276497/livebloggi...er-round-table
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/989/989996p1.html

It shows link and a female in blue in a robe. It's a painting. He wants to annonce it next year. And I should be motion plus compatible. Maybe only wii motion plus

8:03 He did bring the main illustration foe next zelda title
    8:02 I wanted to annonce a zelda game for wii
    8:05 p.m.: "Think of Zelda while you're trying some of the archery and sword play in Wii Sports Resort," Miyamoto say.
    In other E3 news:

Final Fantasy VII is available now on PSN for $10

Uncharted 2 MP Beta is live now on PSN if you have your code that came with Infamous.

Kratos is playable in the new PSP Soul Caliber

Finally a Mario game with some Koopa Kids once more. I'd never thought we'd see them come back!

And I have to say, I haven't been this excited for a Metroid game since Super Metroid came out. I'm loving the look and feel of it, and I can't wait to see more gameplay videos.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    Anyone know if the Donkey Kong record was broken yesterday? I know Steve failed on his first 2 attempts but didn't catch the third.
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

Looks like the Square Enix conference is going to be FFXIV focused.

And for those of you looking for more announcements at the Japan conference, Reggie shot that down in an interview with IGN saying it will be a retailer focused conference with very few new announcements.

I didn't expect more anyways.

By the way, after reading Bozon's initial impressions on the NSMB Wii game, it plays more like Four Swords and he doesn't think it will be fun as a 1 player game....which is what I predicted earlier. Multiplayer focused game. Wish Miyamoto would give us a real SMB game (for the Wii).

By the way, after reading Bozon's initial impressions on the NSMB Wii game, it plays more like Four Swords and he doesn't think it will be fun as a 1 player game....which is what I predicted earlier. Multiplayer focused game. Wish Miyamoto would give us a real SMB game (for the Wii).
    Thats because the E3 build is tailored towards multiplayer, multiple reps confirmed a 1 player mode would have the same depth as the multiplayer

But we will see, I will not be playing it one player anyway as my wife wants to play it so I will always have 2 player.

Is anyone else excited for Star Wars Old Republic MMO? I am usually not into things like World of Warcraft or Everquest but I think this might be the first one I go for since its done by Bioware and has the SW ip.

E3 News:

Konami announced Castlevania Lords of Shadow for 360/PS3

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/video.php?id=1856

3:38 In-game engine looks GREAT
    3:38 God of War style action with a whip.
    3:38 Very large Ice enemy.
    3:39 I wish you guys were seeing this.

Looks like a collaboration between Kojima Productions and MercuryStream (Spanish studio). Release Date 2010.

It's about whats FAIR! King Hsss's Avatar
    I just watched the teaser and stills for Castlevania Lord of Shadows and I can't freaking wait to play it. I loved Castlevaia as a kid since NES days and have all but 2, I just love the series!! I also caught the trailer for L4D2 man this is another one I'm waiting for. To my surprise this game comes out in Nov. Man that was fast and shooting zombies in the head never gets old, now w/melee weapons......awesomeness!!
    In nomine Patris. Requiescat in Pace

Quote Originally Posted by King Hsss View Post
    I just watched the teaser and stills for Castlevania Lord of Shadows and I can't freaking wait to play it. I loved Castlevaia as a kid since NES days and have all but 2, I just love the series!! I also caught the trailer for L4D2 man this is another one I'm waiting for. To my surprise this game comes out in Nov. Man that was fast and shooting zombies in the head never gets old, now w/melee weapons......awesomeness!!
    if you want more info on l4d2 go to l4dmods.com. An article there talks about it quite a bit. Explains the 4 new characters, the one new special infected that was shown in the trailer, a change to the witch,etc. And has several gameplay vids.

just watched the trailer myself and Castlevania: LOS looks AWESOME
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Black Wii announced for Japan in August to coincide with the Monster Hunter 3 release. My god this thing is sexy...come to America so you can match everything else in my entertainment center

I'm not surprised the new MGS is not 360 exclusive, and I'm not surprised MGS4 stayed PS3 exclusive.

But my god, Kojima doing Castlevania?!?!?!?! I can hardly wait to see my favorite series finally get just the push it needs as it has struggled trying to evolve into 3D.

I'm just a little worried about the fact that it's not connected to any other games in the series. I don't know if that just means it's literally not connected to a specific previous entry, or if that means no Belmonts, no Dracula's curse, etc.
    "After 10,000 years I'm free! It's time to conquer Earth!"

Black Wii announced for Japan in August to coincide with the Monster Hunter 3 release. My god this thing is sexy...come to America so you can match everything else in my entertainment center

I don't think I could justify a new Wii just to get it in black, but I'd be all over replacing my Wiimotes and Nunchucks with black ones.

Bang your head!!!

HA!!! I love it...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/