Page 251 of 351 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,275 of 8757

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

The Horde Guru of Gaming D-Day V1's Avatar
    I got Ghostbusters for the 360 and let me say that it is awesome. Definitely better than Ghostbusters for the NES. For those of you thinking about picking up the game, GO GET IT!!!!!!
    Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another castle.

at toys r us this week if you buy the GB game you get a $20 gift card. It's also a buy one, get one 20% off week.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I got Ghostbusters for PS3 after work yesterday, and played it for about 4 hours last night. It is awesome!

I did some online multiplayer and that was cool as well.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I plan on picking up the PS3 version with my next paycheck. I'm glad to hear its a good game, because I was sorely disappointed by that X-Files game that came out a few years ago on the PS2.
    "After 10,000 years I'm free! It's time to conquer Earth!"

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    The 360 version of GB is supposed to have some graphical advantages over the PS3 version (i.e. there's a bit more detail in the damage done to the environment with the proton streams, with more embers left in the damaged area, etc).

But, I still went with the PS3 version to start with as it was the version I was planning on getting originally and I wanted to do the online multiplayer.

In general, I'm not a big online/multiplayer gamer, and the occasions when I do play that way are sparatic and few and far between. So, I really have no desire to pay for an Xbox Live Gold account for that reason (I'm not saying it isn't worth paying for for anyone who will use it a lot... I'm just not one of those people). But GB is a game that I knew I would want to go online with, so the PS3 version was the best for me since online gaming is free.

I'm a big enough GB fan that I will probably get the 360 version and maybe even the Wii version down the road when there is a price drop or I find them on a good sale.

By any chance, did any of you who have the game for PS3 or 360 get the Gamestop exclusive version?

I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same issue as me (it's minor, but slightly confusing/annoying).

The Gamestop exclusive edition comes with a code packed into the box to download the dark gray 'flight' suit from Ghostbusters 2, and has been shown in pictures as being that color AND having the GB2 logo on it.

But here's what is happening. When I go to the main option menu and choose to turn on the gray suit and play Single Player mode, my rookie character IS wearing the gray suit, however it has the GB1 logo on the arm.

THEN, when I play multiplayer mode, I am wearing the standard light tan/baige flight suit, BUT with the GB2 logo on the arm

This really isn't a major issue or anything, but since I kind of went out of my way to get this at Gamestop to get this exclusive extra, I do find it a little annoying that its kind of only partially working in one way or the other depending on the mode I am playing in.

One thing that I will have to go back and double check is what happens when I select the rookie character in multiplayer mode. I played several multiplayer matches last night, and I typically used one of the 4 standard GB characters, and when I had that suit option turned on, They would have the standard color suit but with the GB2 logo on their arm.

I thought that I played at least 1 mulitplayer battle as the rookie (which if I did, he had the standard default baige suit color, but with the GB2 logo). But to be honest, I'm second guessing if I ever did or not. Between the roughly 4 hours of playing between the single and multiplayer mode, everything I did is kind of mashing together in my memory. So, tonight I will have to double check if the suit color changes if I play as the rookie.

If anyone else can share their experience with this feature if you got either the PS3 or 360 version at Gamestop, that would be cool.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Hi,

Anyone here have trouble redeeming the code for the Flight Suit for the GB on the 360??, I picked my copy yesterday(I also got the t-shirt ) but I canīt get the code to work, Iīve checked it many times and and the code is fine, but the system keeps telling me that is an invalid code

I know that Iīm not the only one, I checked online and there are many people with this problem, but I wanted to check here if anyone else have this trouble.

Later...
    Last edited by Razor; June 17, 2009 at 05:37pm.
    Have You Ever Felt the True Power of the Cosmo?

Just beat Ghostbusters today. In one word, "Awesome." In two words, "Freaking awesome!"

Absolutely awesome from the fantastic story and characters (Bill Murray was decent, not bad, definitely good enough to make me laugh on several occasions) to the amazing graphics, and fun, respsonsive controls. Trapping ghosts is fun, and it's great to go for those slam-dunks.

There are also a nice variety in critters. From early videos and word of mouth, I was worried that the game would consist of cookie-cutter ghost and big lumbering golem, but it was nothing like that at all.

This was definitely much better than I was expecting, and I'm currently having a blast with multiplayer. This purchase was more than worth it, and I hope it makes them all some big money!

Oh yeah, slime tether is way more fun than it has any right to be!
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick runs his mouth again, though this time I kind of agree with him:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/996/996314p1.html

Activision threatens to no longer support Playstation? Hmmmmm....

Doubt anything will come out of it, but if it helps to drop the PS3's price, I'm for it. Although I find it ironic that the most financially successful 3rd party developer/publisher is complaining about development costs. Maybe if they'd stop milking.....I mean, making 8 million Guitar Hero/Tony Hawk games each year, they could cut some costs right there.....
    Last edited by Skullface; June 19, 2009 at 01:23pm.

Anyone download Magic the Gathering yet for 800 points? My brother got it and it's pretty cool, I just played through the demo and will probably be downloading it soon.
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Quote Originally Posted by HordakQuack View Post
    Anyone download Magic the Gathering yet for 800 points? My brother got it and it's pretty cool, I just played through the demo and will probably be downloading it soon.
    Playing it right now, actually. Played the demo for about 10 minutes before downloading the whole thing, and I've been playing it ever since. Very much worth it.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Conduit out now!
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    Conduit out now!
    Awesome, I have had the LE version preordered at Gamestop for months

Finally a quality FPS for the Wii with full online functionality
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Just played through the first level of Ghostbusters. It's fun and the dialogue is good. Will I need a headset to play online?

Quote Originally Posted by wolf-manj View Post
    Just played through the first level of Ghostbusters. It's fun and the dialogue is good. Will I need a headset to play online?
    You can play online without a headset, you just will not be able to use voice chat (I think voice chat is an option for the HD versions)

I picked up The Conduit today, awesome game! The level of control is just sick and is up there in PC terms of customization. Whether the game succeeds or fail I hope all future developers include this level of control in their FPS games because it truly makes it that much better.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    You can play online without a headset, you just will not be able to use voice chat (I think voice chat is an option for the HD versions)

I picked up The Conduit today, awesome game! The level of control is just sick and is up there in PC terms of customization. Whether the game succeeds or fail I hope all future developers include this level of control in their FPS games because it truly makes it that much better.
    Bought it myself. I agree about the play control. Haven't played MP yet, single player is admittedly linear, but I am liking the National Treasure meets X Files storyarc.
    The Deviot
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    Bought it myself. I agree about the play control. Haven't played MP yet, single player is admittedly linear, but I am liking the National Treasure meets X Files storyarc.
    I jumped on mp after playing through the first 3 levels of sp, mp had tons of people (took me under 4min to get a 12 person match going) and since it uses the Wii system code you can just add people to your address book and use them in the game (why it took almost 3 years for someone other than Nintendo to do this is baffling)

I think I have you already in my regular address book so you should show up as a friend sooner or later

I love the grenade throwing (I remapped it to a nunchuck motion), but I suck so bad though I am not the worst in the group I was playing with

I am online as Markisu and my skin is a purple guard with red eyes

The sp story is pretty basic but thankfully something other than WWII, the voice acting is top notch though with Mark Sheppard and Kevin Sorbo. The ASE is pretty neat too, its like a interesting take on the Metroid Prime visor

Got in a DM before bed. 3rd out of 12.

The pacing, and mp maps seem to be about on par with Half-Life 2 DM.

The weapons are a lot of fun, and they did this CoD type thing where you can only carry two guns.

Oh, and they have this cool thing where you throw grenades like you're ACTUALLY THROWING THEM IN REAL LIFE!

You use the nunchuck, and you can throw overhand or underhand. Oh, and you can stab the wiimote forward, and pistol whip the hell out of people.
    The Deviot

-?

The grenade throwing is simply awesome, it helps equalize the bunny hopping a lot of online players like to use to avoid getting hit

I suck online, but its so fast and frenzied I just keep playing in whatever group I end up with. I have yet to wait more than 4min to get online, only had 1 disconnect in two days so this is holding up remarkebly well for Nintendo servers.

I saw this at dreadcentral. Kind of an intresting if not wierd concept

The Deviot

-?

Gamestop will offer a retail package for Marvel vs Capcom 2 on August 13 for $19.99

Included are

* Redemption Code for full game
    * DVD case with sleeve
    * Data DVD with exclusive artwork (wallpapers, icons, character and content art), 4 trailers and screenshots
    * 8 page color manual with artwork and moves list
    * 1 month free subscription to Marvel Digital Comics ($9.99 value)
    * 2000 Capcom-Unity points - can be used for prizing and auctions

Don't know if anyone saw this.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/999/999825p1.html

Backwards compatibility on all PS3 models? Discuss.
    "After 10,000 years I'm free! It's time to conquer Earth!"

Quote Originally Posted by PJMania View Post
    Don't know if anyone saw this.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/999/999825p1.html

Backwards compatibility on all PS3 models? Discuss.
    Gotta say I think its a waste of time. I have yet to play a PS2 game on my PS3, and I have had it since launch. You want to make a difference Sony-PARTY CHAT!!!!!!! It has been 3 years and I still have to use AIM to chat with friends while playing, and that is getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by heman4myson View Post
    Gotta say I think its a waste of time. I have yet to play a PS2 game on my PS3, and I have had it since launch. You want to make a difference Sony-PARTY CHAT!!!!!!! It has been 3 years and I still have to use AIM to chat with friends while playing, and that is getting old.
    I have to disagree. I really havent played that many ps2 games on it either but I do occasionally. So do many others. It may be a waste of time for you but it wont be for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf-manj View Post
    I have to disagree. I really havent played that many ps2 games on it either but I do occasionally. So do many others. It may be a waste of time for you but it wont be for some people.
    You want to play PS2 keep your PS2 out. I have a PS3, so lets worry about ways to make the online play more stable, party chat, DLC for current games (unlike Fallout 3). Not waste space in the store with PS1 and PS2 downloads.