Page 254 of 351 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304 ... LastLast
Results 6,326 to 6,350 of 8757

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Surprised that no one has mentioned Wii Sports Resort, picked this up last Sunday when it came out on my way to Nashville and haven't had a chance to play it until today. So far it is a lot of fun and I like the Wii Motion+. My only problem with the game is that when wakeboarding, my wii remote always loses its connection, we are talking literally every 2 -3 seconds. The battery meter says that the batteries are fine, so I am not sure what the problem is. Anyone else have similar problems?
    R.I.P.
    Ronald Henry Schwartz
    June 29 1935 - June 23 2005
    I miss you Dad!

Quote Originally Posted by lowbrass View Post
    Surprised that no one has mentioned Wii Sports Resort, picked this up last Sunday when it came out on my way to Nashville and haven't had a chance to play it until today. So far it is a lot of fun and I like the Wii Motion+. My only problem with the game is that when wakeboarding, my wii remote always loses its connection, we are talking literally every 2 -3 seconds. The battery meter says that the batteries are fine, so I am not sure what the problem is. Anyone else have similar problems?
    Some of the M+ games need to recalibrate so they can determine where you are, some games this is built in (like the sword fighting) but others it can lose its calibration.

I have WSR but have not had time to play it due to our move, but I know in Grand Slam Tennis and Tiger Woods for example you are given small changes to steady the Wiimote which is when it recalibrates so I would assume that in wakeboarding you would look for times where you can steady it and that might solve your problems.

All else fails call Nintendo directly, they have excellent CS support and can help you determine if its a system problem or not.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Movie mayhem!
    Anyone see this new game at SDCC? It looks SICK!

The Horde Guru of Gaming D-Day V1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lowbrass View Post

This is an awesome game. Me and my fiance just got done playing it.
    Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another castle.

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Its by the makers of God Hand (PS2) and MadWorld (Wii) so it will be a blast to play!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post

I did see this game and it does look cool.

Batman: Arkham Asylum demo hits both XBL & PSN this Friday!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...is-Friday.html
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Batman: Arkham Asylum demo hits both XBL & PSN this Friday!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...is-Friday.html
    Its about time, I was mad when I heard it got delayed!

At least we get a demo, there was concern one would not come before the release of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Its about time, I was mad when I heard it got delayed!

At least we get a demo, there was concern one would not come before the release of the game.
    Yeah, I've noticed recently that a lot of demos have been coming out AFTER the game has hit shelves. Isn't the point of a demo to get people interested in buying the game? To me, it makes more sense to bring them out beforehand.....

Yeah, I've noticed recently that a lot of demos have been coming out AFTER the game has hit shelves. Isn't the point of a demo to get people interested in buying the game? To me, it makes more sense to bring them out beforehand.....
    Sometimes I wonder if its because the demos are worse then the games, I have heard several people complain about the Ghostbusters demo and the Bionic Commando demo was widely panned.

I know Uncharted was like this as well (demo stunk compared to the game), and since a lot of games on the 360/PS3 are "hardcore" and get most of their sales in the first month they may try to limit any damage that would come from bad word of mouth

GR81 says:

Ghostbusters on PS3 rules man
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GR81 View Post
    GR81 says:

I like the Wii one myself but that is because my wife can play alongside me

I hope we get more Ghostbusters games since it has sold sold well on all the platforms!

GR81 says:

Agreed. I picked it up a few weeks ago and love it. It's short and easy but it surpassed my expectations, which were already high.
    "After 10,000 years I'm free! It's time to conquer Earth!"

I like the Wii one myself but that is because my wife can play alongside me

I hope we get more Ghostbusters games since it has sold sold well on all the platforms!
    I thought about nabbing the Wii or PC version, but after rabid gaming coworker (15 people) pretty much said that it's an insanely short ride, I'm probably just going to wait for it to go closeout. $60 is a bit much for a 4 hour game.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    I thought about nabbing the Wii or PC version, but after rabid gaming coworker (15 people) pretty much said that it's an insanely short ride, I'm probably just going to wait for it to go closeout. $60 is a bit much for a 4 hour game.
    Yes it is a very short game no matter what platform. Though not sure how low you want it to go. Its always been $35-39 on the Wii and the PC version sells at Walmart and online for $25-30. The PC version will probably be on clearance much sooner so keep an eye out.

Its the 360 and the PS3 versions which sell for $49

GR81 says:

What!!! the game is only 4 hours...
    Boooooo its such an awesome game. Why did they make it so short?
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skullface View Post
    batman: Arkham asylum demo hits both xbl & psn this friday!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...is-friday.html

sweet!!!!!

A whole slew of rabid gaming efficinados could beat Resident Evil in an hour and a half. Imagine if no one bought that game because "short = teh suck".

I actually think this game is absolutely worth nabbing now. Fantastic graphics, a great story that really feels like a sequel, and several really fun and addictive multiplayer modes (not to mention a slew of hidden items to search for after the fact in the game itself, and a number of unique, hidden ghosts to find) make this a game I felt was worth every dollar.

If money's an issue that's one thing, but blowing it off because a handful of hardcore, die-hard game experts could fly through story mode is a silly reason not to give it a shot.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

GR81 says:

What!!! the game is only 4 hours...
    Boooooo its such an awesome game. Why did they make it so short?
    If you rush through it then it is, if you take your time to explore and try to collect everything then it will take longer.

I would say for the average person it would be a 7-13hr game when all is said and done.

It took me and my wife 2hrs to beat the first level because we were running through the hallways blowing up furniture and getting ghosts into your inventory by scanning them.

If you rush through it then it is, if you take your time to explore and try to collect everything then it will take longer.

I would say for the average person it would be a 7-13hr game when all is said and done.

It took me and my wife 2hrs to beat the first level because we were running through the hallways blowing up furniture and getting ghosts into your inventory by scanning them.
    I have to agree here. any game can be short if you rush through it. This game won't take 4 hours if you try to collect every cursed artifact, every ghost, achievement, etc. Not to mention the fact that there is multiplayer.

Just finished the Arkham Asylum demo - Definitely looking forward to its full release in a few weeks......

Interesting note - A Best Buy in Utah is testing out a policy to price match new games against Gamestop & Gamecrazy's used prices.

http://games.ign.com/articles/101/1011907p1.html

Not THAT big of a deal price-wise, considering the used prices are usually only $5 or so cheaper than new, but if this policy goes chainwide, expect a big drop in Gamestop/Gamecrazy's revenue. If the price is the same on a new copy vs. used, why not buy new? You can still trade it in, if that's your usual route, though I'd expect trade-in values to drop lower than they already are for GS/GC to make back any $$$. If a new $60 game's trade-in value is say $30, expect it to drop to $15-$20.
    Last edited by Skullface; August 7, 2009 at 03:15pm.

Just finished the Arkham Asylum demo - Definitely looking forward to its full release in a few weeks......
    You can say that again, I really enjoyed it

It reminds me a bit of the Tim Burton Batman movies, not sure why. The voice acting is pretty decent, its too bad they could not get Mark Hamil for Joker and Gary Oldman for Commissioner Gordon.

Hi,

The voice acting is pretty decent, its too bad they could not get Mark Hamil for Joker and Gary Oldman for Commissioner Gordon.
    But Mark Hamill is the voice of the Joker in the game, also Arleen Sorkin is reprising her role as Harley Quinn

I downloaded the demo since it became available, and I have played it many, many, many... many times , I´m really looking foward to the full game

Later...
    Last edited by Razor; August 12, 2009 at 05:22pm.
    Have You Ever Felt the True Power of the Cosmo?

I loved the Arkham Asylum demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    But Mark Hamill is the voice of the Joker in the game, also Arleen Sorkin is reprising her role as Harley Quinn
    Thats good to know, it sounded kinda like him but for some reason I just did not think it was him. I knew Kevin Conroy was reprising as Batman.