Page 255 of 352 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305 ... LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,375 of 8798

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Thats good to know, it sounded kinda like him but for some reason I just did not think it was him.
    I agree. he sounds a bit off. Like someone trying to imitate him.

If anyone is interested I read that there will be a promotion going on with Guitar Hero 5. There will be specially marked copies of the game. Inside these is a thing to get Guitar Hero: Van Halen for free.

Hi,

Thats good to know, it sounded kinda like him but for some reason I just did not think it was him.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf-manj View Post
    I agree. he sounds a bit off. Like someone trying to imitate him.
    Maybe he was trying to do something different since this is not the same Joker from the DCAU series.

Anyway, enjoy this performance because apparentely this is the last time Mark Hamill will be the Joker:

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/...v/66?ch=4&sd=1

Thereīs an interview with Mark Hamill and there he said that he is retiring as the Joker

Later...
    Have You Ever Felt the True Power of the Cosmo?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    Hi,

Maybe he was trying to do something different since this is not the same Joker from the DCAU series.

Anyway, enjoy this performance because apparentely this is the last time Mark Hamill will be the Joker:

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/...v/66?ch=4&sd=1

Thereīs an interview with Mark Hamill and there he said that he is retiring as the Joker

Later...
    Thats too bad but he has done it for more than 15 years.

As I played through the demo again there were parts were he sounded like his old self so I just think it was some odd lines/scenarios.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

AngryJoe reviews the Joe movie tie in game, and toys!

Hilarity ensues!

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid.../10468-ajgijoe
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

You can say that again, I really enjoyed it

It reminds me a bit of the Tim Burton Batman movies, not sure why. The voice acting is pretty decent, its too bad they could not get Mark Hamil for Joker and Gary Oldman for Commissioner Gordon.
    I wish they goit Bob Hastings to do Gordon, Hamil Conroy and Sorken made it great, Gordon while good sounds too gruff for my liking.

From what I read Hamil decided to do this joker a bit darker and deranged than in TAS, so I think that's why he sounds a bit different.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I wish they goit Bob Hastings to do Gordon, Hamil Conroy and Sorken made it great, Gordon while good sounds too gruff for my liking.
    Yeah it comes across as too heavy, Gordon has always been a more rational and calm individual (at least in my mind) and this guy sounds too mean and angry. But I guess it is probably to go with the darker overall theme.

From what I read Hamil decided to do this joker a bit darker and deranged than in TAS, so I think that's why he sounds a bit different.
    I can see that since Joker seems a bit more violent then his previous BTAS incarnations.

Anyone have any tips on how to beat the last part where you have to take out the 4-5 guys with guns. I always get 2 or 3 down silently and then have to take gunfire to get the rest
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Hi,

Anyone have any tips on how to beat the last part where you have to take out the 4-5 guys with guns. I always get 2 or 3 down silently and then have to take gunfire to get the rest
    This is how I do it:

The first guy that you see(before you exit the ventilation tunnel) take him down silently.

Next, thereīs another guy right upstairs, in front of the room where you can hide in a tunnel below the floor, wait in the stairs until he starts moving, he will head inside the room, then you can go behind him and put him to sleep

The third guy will be on patrolling on the lowest level, after you take the guy inside the room, go into the tunnel(the on below the floor) and head for the exit that donīt have a cover, switch to your detective mode, you will see him walking, at some point he will pass you, wait until he turns around a corner, drop down and take him down.

There are only 2 guys left, here is where you can decide if you want to take them both silently or take one down with some noise so the other start freaking

If you want to end the demo without being detected then, after you take down the third guy, switch your detective mode, look for the guy who is walking, once you have him on sight, go up into the room, head to his direction, and donīt worry he wonīt change his movement, he will be just moving one way to the other, when you are in the room and the guy is in front of you, get out of the office and hide in the corner, wait until he start walking the other way, and move behind him and take him down.

And the last guy is the easiest, if you took down the others guys without being notice that guy will be just standing right under a gargoyle, so just climb into the gargoyle and take him away

I hope I explained myself, if you have any doubts, just let me know.

Later...
    Last edited by Razor; August 13, 2009 at 06:05am.

I've done it six or seven ways. Once I took out all of them solely with "inverted takedowns". Otherwise its just waiting until they are alone and using a combo of inverted take downs, gliding kick/ground takedown, through the glass takedowns, etc. I generally don't "fight" any of them, and the only time they fire their guns is when they're terrified and shoot at the boiler.

I pretty much live swinging from gargoyle to gargoyle with only occasionally hitting the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I pretty much live swinging from gargoyle to gargoyle with only occasionally hitting the ground.
    That is the soundest strategy out there. Take one down, retreat to the gargoyles, swing to the opposite side, repeat.

Personally my favorites are the inverted takedown, (when the thug is directly under you while perched on a gargoyle) and hiding under the floor grating in the office, popping up behind them for a silent takedown.....

If they start shooting at you, head for the gargoyles ASAP, and keep grappling around the room away from them.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Thanks for the tips, I was doing the gargoyle strategy but I think I was too impatient

Hi,

I leave you a video of the explanation I posted early:

Later...
    Last edited by Razor; August 13, 2009 at 06:02am.

Thanks for the tips, I was doing the gargoyle strategy but I think I was too impatient
    I've done the whole room without ever touching the ground. Shot up to the first gargoyle on the left as I exited the vent and spent the whole time hopping back and forth between gargoyles.

the first time i played through i took the first guy down right away, then went under the floor and took the guy standing in the doorway down and moved off. One of them finds him and starts yelling for the others. I waited for them to move off again and then just crab walked up behind two of them. Went to the gargoyle and glide kicked the last one. But you definately have to try getting one while upside down.

Reminder that Marvel vs. Capcom 2 hits the PSN & Gamestop today!
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Finally made it to G2-E. Man it's like it went from random difficulty to impossible overnight! So much for staying above 50% win percentage.

What perplexed me too was how many ragequitters are here. You'd think they realized that when they break double digits on the disconnection percentage the game doesn't allow them to make it to G1 supposedly. I was playing a Chun-Li who in rd3 missed an ultra, then ragequit right as I was about to ultra her in the back with my Ken. And we're talking a HAIR that I would have won by. I mean there are matches that I get mad at myself for blowing. I get that. But that's why I keep a broken controller to beat the crap out of

Has anybody here gotten to G1 (360/PS3/Win)? If so how much worse does it get in terms of challenge, and crybabies?

Still loving the game though. Anybody who is on Xbox Live or GFW Live can find me as "The Deviot" simple eh?
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Has anyone gotten to do the inverted takedown to every enemy in that last room on the batman demo? a guy at gamestop said you get some kind of achievement for doing that.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Would you all mind sending me some suggestions for a new DS game based on what I like. My previous games that I loved to play included:

The Brain Age type games (a bit burned out on them now, lost the appeal)
    Legend of Zelda games
    Professor Layton and the Curious Village
    Wario Ware

You can see I really like puzzle type games. I have Ghostbusters on my 360 and I love it, and I have been thinking about getting it, but not sure...

Advice?
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    Would you all mind sending me some suggestions for a new DS game based on what I like. My previous games that I loved to play included:

The Brain Age type games (a bit burned out on them now, lost the appeal)
    Legend of Zelda games
    Professor Layton and the Curious Village
    Wario Ware

You can see I really like puzzle type games. I have Ghostbusters on my 360 and I love it, and I have been thinking about getting it, but not sure...

Advice?
    If you had a DSi I would suggest the Art Style series of puzzle games

The sequel to Professor Layton (Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box) comes out next Tuesday just fyi

Scribblenauts is another one you might like, it comes out 9-15

Otherwise look into:
    Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir
    The Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney series

As for the DS Ghostbusters game, if you liked the console versions (especially the Wii one since the designs are based on it) then you will probably like the DS one. Its the only one where you can drive Ecto-1 around the city to fight ghosts and you play as the guys instead of as the rookie in the console versions.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I haven't gotten the DSi yet. My original big fat DS still works fine lol.

I think I might get the Ghostbusters just to try something a little different. I knew the new Professor Layton was coming soon, but didn't realize it was that soon. I will definately pick that up next week also.

I saw the Scribblenauts a while back when Val posted it here on the forums. That is gonna be really cool.

I have taken a step back from Warcrack and been playing on my 360. I know it is old news, but I finally got around to playing Gears of War 2 and it is awesome!

I also really like the new 360 dashboard stuff. Next time I turn it on I am going to deck my avatar out in a clone trooper outfit. I also utilize the streaming netflix a lot also...my vote is still for the 360 (even though I've had many of them and I'm due up)
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

The Master of Insanity CJ Clifford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    I also really like the new 360 dashboard stuff. Next time I turn it on I am going to deck my avatar out in a clone trooper outfit.
    Some of that avatar stuff is way overpriced. It should be 1/10 the points they're asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Reminder that Marvel vs. Capcom 2 hits the PSN & Gamestop today!
    I just paid 14.99 for something, the game does not show up on my PS3!!!
    What's the deal?
    My post count just got bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by mkpat View Post
    I just paid 14.99 for something, the game does not show up on my PS3!!!
    What's the deal?
    You bought it via PSN I take it? Does it show in your purchases?

Its kind of a joke since the full game is nothing but a code that unlocks the full game in the demo (we have had the full game the whole time apparently).

You bought it via PSN I take it? Does it show in your purchases?

Its kind of a joke since the full game is nothing but a code that unlocks the full game in the demo (we have had the full game the whole time apparently).
    Yes and yes. How do you get it to work?
    My post count just got bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by mkpat View Post
    Yes and yes. How do you get it to work?
    Did you download the demo before? Or did you just go to PSN and buy the game?

You have to download the demo regardless of if you got it a few months back, the key doesn't unlock the old demo, just the new one.

Again: download demo, then pay 14.99 to download unlock key and voila you got marvel vs capcom 2 full
    Growing up happens in a heartbeat. One day you're in diapers; the next day you're gone... But the memories of childhood stay with you for the long haul. I remember a place... a town... a house like a lot of other houses... A yard like a lot of other yards... On a street like a lot of other streets. And the thing is... After all these years, I still look back with wonder...