Page 256 of 351 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,400 of 8757

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Earthworm Jim is getting a new game! Coming to XBL first then to PSN and Wii Ware

NEW YORK, August 17 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Gameloft, a leading developer and publisher of downloadable video games, today announced a multi-year licensing agreement with Interplay to develop, distribute and publish Earthworm Jim, a popular run and gun platform video game featuring an earthworm who dresses up in a Super Suit to fight evil. The game will make its way to mobile, WiiWare(TM), PlayStation Network, with an exclusive one month run on Xbox Live(R) Arcade.

"We are delighted to partner with Interplay to bring Earthworm Jim to multiple downloadable platforms," said Gonzague de Vallois, senior vice president, Gameloft. "The game, with its humorous and edgy style, is a great fit for today's gamer who craves a fully immersive experience that is fun and easily accessible. We look forward to delivering a fantastic game."

"Earthworm Jim resonates with millions of people worldwide and we are excited to have one of the best developers in the industry create this game for a new audience," said Herve Caen, CEO, Interplay. "Gameloft's creativity coupled with its innate knack for innovative games, makes us 100% confident that the result will be nothing short of stellar."

Initially released in 1994, Earthworm Jim's games garnered such a cult following that the character's popularity took him far beyond video games into an animated TV series, Toys and Comic books. Earthworm Jim centers around an ordinary earthworm who engages in normal worm activities- eating dirt, crawling and fleeing from hungry birds- that is until he comes across a high tech indestructible space suit. Jim takes refuge in the space suit while fleeing from hungry birds. The suit's powerful atomic particles cause him to grow and obtain newfound powers.

The game will be available in the last quarter of 2009. For the latest information on the game, follow Gameloft on our Twitter feed: http://www.twitter.com/Gameloft
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

The Horde Guru of Gaming D-Day V1's Avatar
    Thats freakin awesome.
    Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another castle.

The PS3 finally gets a price drop, starting tomorrow it will be $299

The PS3 Slim also will be on store shelves for $299 by September 1st, same features as the current PS3 except smaller and lighter

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The PS3 finally gets a price drop, starting tomorrow it will be $299

The PS3 Slim also will be on store shelves for $299 by September 1st, same features as the current PS3 except smaller and lighter

About bloody time. Now that the playing field is leveled price-wise, let's see what kinda sales we'll see between all 3 consoles, especially with holiday shopping right around the corner. Unless M$ does another price drop (which I doubt) I see Sony making some serious sales this year.

The biggest downside I see about this price-drop, is now we're gonna have to hear the old windbag, Bobby Kotick from Activision/Blizzard, toot his own horn about how his threat to stop supporting Playstation led to the price-drop.....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    About bloody time. Now that the playing field is leveled price-wise, let's see what kinda sales we'll see between all 3 consoles, especially with holiday shopping right around the corner. Unless M$ does another price drop (which I doubt) I see Sony making some serious sales this year.

The biggest downside I see about this price-drop, is now we're gonna have to hear the old windbag, Bobby Kotick from Activision/Blizzard, toot his own horn about how his threat to stop supporting Playstation led to the price-drop.....
    The 360 is having a drop of sorts if the rumors are true, they are going to get rid of the high end elite and drop that sku down the the range right above the Arcade. Basically going from 3 skus to 2 I guess

it will be interesting this christmas, I am pondering getting a 2nd PS3 for our other room since imho the PS3 is the only blu-ray player worth buying

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Question about Batman Arkham Asylum.. I know that Gamestop has some kind of exclusive content where Batman can battle skeletons in a graveyard or something like that. Are any other retailers offering any kind of exclusives for this game? I'm planning on getting it, and if I am, I may as well go for an exclusive, but I want to determine which one would be best.

On a separate note, cool news about the slim PS3. I've been kicking around getting another BD player, so this would be an option. It's still a bit more than I'd like to pay for another BD player, but since PS3 does tend to be the most reliable in that department, it is a way to go. Plus, I've been thinking about getting another PS3 Dual Shock controller (right now I only have one Dual Shock and the regular six axis controller that came with my current system). Considering that the controllers go for about $50 on their own, buying the system would be kind of like getting a new controller and a $250 Blu-Ray player.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Question about Batman Arkham Asylum.. I know that Gamestop has some kind of exclusive content where Batman can battle skeletons in a graveyard or something like that. Are any other retailers offering any kind of exclusives for this game? I'm planning on getting it, and if I am, I may as well go for an exclusive, but I want to determine which one would be best.
    Not sure - if there's no info available on websites currently, I'd say grab a paper/check the ads for next week.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Not sure - if there's no info available on websites currently, I'd say grab a paper/check the ads for next week.
    The only one that is known now is the Gamestop deal (its the Scarecrow Map that you are thinking of)

I would look at the ads this weekend, that is where you will see what TRU,Best Buy, and Target are offering.

Okay, here's the more important question, which version of Batman is supposed to be better (graphic-wise, overall, etc) PS3 or 360? I know the differences won't be super tremendous, but the 360 version of Ghostbusters ended up having some advantages over PS3, so I'm just wondering what people have heard.

Okay, here's the more important question, which version of Batman is supposed to be better (graphic-wise, overall, etc) PS3 or 360? I know the differences won't be super tremendous, but the 360 version of Ghostbusters ended up having some advantages over PS3, so I'm just wondering what people have heard.
    From what I have read the 360 will have the graphical advantage of the two (something about anti aliasing), I do not think it will be a situation like Ghostbusters where there were quite a few graphical differences between the two though.

All we really have to go off right now is the demo, the reviews that have come out have been mostly geared to each system and not a comparison between the two.

Seeing as how this game is coming to the PC with available mods I would imagine if I had to choose the 360 edition would be the one to get since it was obviously the lead sku.

From what I have read the 360 will have the graphical advantage of the two (something about anti aliasing), I do not think it will be a situation like Ghostbusters where there were quite a few graphical differences between the two though.

All we really have to go off right now is the demo, the reviews that have come out have been mostly geared to each system and not a comparison between the two.

Seeing as how this game is coming to the PC with available mods I would imagine if I had to choose the 360 edition would be the one to get since it was obviously the lead sku.
    Arrg... the conflict! I was reading up info online about the game, and the PS3 version is exclusively going to have an option to play as the Joker. Why must I choose between awesome extras and better graphics?

Arrg... the conflict! I was reading up info online about the game, and the PS3 version is exclusively going to have an option to play as the Joker. Why must I choose between awesome extras and better graphics?
    I forgot about the Joker

I would go with the extras, you will not really notice the anti aliasing as much as you will the lack of a character.

Serious Sam HD Remix coming soon to Windows, and Xbox Live

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/48...ing-To-PC-XBLA

Article has some comparison shots between the original 2k1 release on Windows,
    and the new HD rerelease done for Windows in Serious Engine 3

The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Hi,

Thereīs going to be 3 stores exclusives in NA:

GameStop - Preorder includes the Scarecrow Challenge Map "Dem-Bones". The map will actually be downloadable content (DLC). (PC/360/PS3)
    Amazon.com - Preorder includes 'The Road to Arkham' comic book (PC/360/PS3)
    Walmart.com - Preorder includes code for the Armored Batsuit* (PC/360/PS3)

Hereīs a pic of the Armored Batsuit:

But donīt worry about this if you donīt plan to buy the game on Wal-mart, the Batsuit will be unlocked once you beat the game on any difficulty.

And well of course the biggest exclusive is playing as "The Joker" on the PS3, and hereīs a bit more info. about this:

* Able to play as The Joker in eight Challenge Map which will be released as downloadable content on August 25th on the PlayStation Network. This DLC will be free.
    * There will be a "Batman Arkham Asylum Batcave Outpost Apartment". Apparently, this will be only for PlayStation Home. It will contain items such as the Batsuit, Batmobile, and Batwing, along with various Bat-gadgets. This content on PlayStation Home will be free.
    * The comic book "The Road to Arkham" will be given to PSP owners via download on the PlayStation Network. This comic will be free but will most likely NOT be able to be read by your PS3.
    * The PlayStation 3 version of Batman: Arkham Asylum will use some elements of SIXAXIS Motion Control.
    I got this info. on the BAA official forum:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=91193

Also Gamestop will have an the Strategy Guide with an exclusive cover:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...oduct_id=74255

The creators of the game have said that "The Joker" will never show on the Xbox360, but they said that they would work in some stuff for the 360, letīs see what happens, in the mean time PS3 users enjoy because the challenge maps of "The Joker" look pretty cool

And as for which version looks better, well I have no idea but the 360 will run on 1080p and the PS3 would be 720p, you can check it here:

http://www.gamestop.com/common/image...0576_lback.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/common/image...0304_lback.jpg

Later...
    Last edited by Razor; August 19, 2009 at 03:37am.
    Have You Ever Felt the True Power of the Cosmo?

For the PS3 I am kind of tired of NOT having software because 360 is eating up all the licenses. I don't mean to offend anyone here that loves there 360, but it seems the 360 is eating up all the licenses for the 360 because theirs not much else it can go because ps3 is blu-ray. Untill 360 finally comes to terms about going blu-ray I think they are going to eat up all the exclusive rights to software to keep sony from getting it. I know sonys had 2 really great exclusives so far but I mean come on, it could have had more if it wasnt for 360 eating up all the exclusive rights to the software. I'm not a FPS so that knocks me out for fallout and any other FPS games because I just don't like them. So with this price drop maybe people will be buying the new PS3's and possible more software might be coming hopefully.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Quote Originally Posted by vadersfist View Post
    For the PS3 I am kind of tired of NOT having software because 360 is eating up all the licenses. I don't mean to offend anyone here that loves there 360, but it seems the 360 is eating up all the licenses for the 360 because theirs not much else it can go because ps3 is blu-ray. Untill 360 finally comes to terms about going blu-ray I think they are going to eat up all the exclusive rights to software to keep sony from getting it. I know sonys had 2 really great exclusives so far but I mean come on, it could have had more if it wasnt for 360 eating up all the exclusive rights to the software. I'm not a FPS so that knocks me out for fallout and any other FPS games because I just don't like them. So with this price drop maybe people will be buying the new PS3's and possible more software might be coming hopefully.
    the 360 has a bigger user base than the PS3 so developers are going to push more stuff for it because they'll likely get more sales, if the price drop boosts sony's numbers significantly then games will most likely become more evenly released. there will always be the companies doing their best to snag exclusivity though and whoever gives them the most reason to do it will win it. but user base is also a big factor as it's economics the risk is lower in developing for the system with the greatest user base.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    the 360 has a bigger user base than the PS3 so developers are going to push more stuff for it because they'll likely get more sales, if the price drop boosts sony's numbers significantly then games will most likely become more evenly released. there will always be the companies doing their best to snag exclusivity though and whoever gives them the most reason to do it will win it. but user base is also a big factor as it's economics the risk is lower in developing for the system with the greatest user base.
    Its not even that, otherwise the Wii and DS would have every game known to man released on it.

The 360 gets a majority of games (and good versions of games) because they essentially double as Games for Windows/PC releases and easier to develop for.

Add in the fact you can port most of them to the PS3 and then if you so feel port it down to the Wii, PS2, and PSP, its easy enough to figure out.

The PS3 has made some great strides though, and I think 2010 will really start showing off what the system can do (I feel the same way about the Wii in 2010). 2008 and 2009 showed us glimpses of developers finally figuring out how to port 360 games and create full blown from the ground up PS3 games and that will only continue (with God of War 3, Uncharted 2, etc).

Its not even that, otherwise the Wii and DS would have every game known to man released on it.

The 360 gets a majority of games (and good versions of games) because they essentially double as Games for Windows/PC releases and easier to develop for.

Add in the fact you can port most of them to the PS3 and then if you so feel port it down to the Wii, PS2, and PSP, its easy enough to figure out.

The PS3 has made some great strides though, and I think 2010 will really start showing off what the system can do (I feel the same way about the Wii in 2010). 2008 and 2009 showed us glimpses of developers finally figuring out how to port 360 games and create full blown from the ground up PS3 games and that will only continue (with God of War 3, Uncharted 2, etc).
    Makes sense, but I didn't factor in the wii and DS because the 360 and ps3 are powerhouses, but the pc thing makes sense and it still gives weight to what I said if developing for the 360 is easy and essentially doubles as developing for the PC the economics make so much sense, two systems for the price of one and a bigger user base than I previously thought.

It does suck for PS3 owners that there aren't as many options thus far, but I will say that some of the ps3 exclusive titles do look great (uncharted and GOW, and that ninja game coming out looks like a blast!)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Trailer!

The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

But what is STILL not answere is WHY does microsoft have to buy up ALL the rights to games and make them exclusive to ONLY the 360. I mean it should be equal on all 3 parts of the spectrum. But really as I said before 360 wants all those people that HAVE a ps3 and Wii to convert to their console so you play that game. Which for 1 I'm NOT giving microsoft anymore money then I should have too which means outside of windows "forget it". My gaming goes to sony and nintendo. Basically I just feel that microsoft HAS to do this so that you will say "Hey sony has no games so I'll buy a 360 and have the stupid thing die about 10 times before I will be able to play the game I just bought for the 360". I read an article about the crashing of systems and 360 had a 57% rate where sony and nintendo was under 15%. So reason being is 360 is really not that great of a system IMHO. Sure, it has the games but it doesn't have the stability and one reason why the sonys and Wii's are turned off collecting dust is because of microsoft stealing all the licenes and thats just my thoughts.

But what is STILL not answere is WHY does microsoft have to buy up ALL the rights to games and make them exclusive to ONLY the 360. I mean it should be equal on all 3 parts of the spectrum. But really as I said before 360 wants all those people that HAVE a ps3 and Wii to convert to their console so you play that game. Which for 1 I'm NOT giving microsoft anymore money then I should have too which means outside of windows "forget it". My gaming goes to sony and nintendo. Basically I just feel that microsoft HAS to do this so that you will say "Hey sony has no games so I'll buy a 360 and have the stupid thing die about 10 times before I will be able to play the game I just bought for the 360". I read an article about the crashing of systems and 360 had a 57% rate where sony and nintendo was under 15%. So reason being is 360 is really not that great of a system IMHO. Sure, it has the games but it doesn't have the stability and one reason why the sonys and Wii's are turned off collecting dust is because of microsoft stealing all the licenes and thats just my thoughts.
    They did the same thing with Windows until they were brought up on antitrust charges. They used to pay and in some cases bully hardware companies into not making drivers for other operating systems.
    "After 10,000 years I'm free! It's time to conquer Earth!"

But what is STILL not answere is WHY does microsoft have to buy up ALL the rights to games and make them exclusive to ONLY the 360.
    It's called business (though im not going to say its good). IMO all games should be available on all systems with maybe a system exclusive such as the Joker thing for batman or what that one soul caliber game did.

You guys are both right and I think microsoft SHOULD be brought up again on the anti-trust rule again on the console IMHO. I mean come on "Left for dead 2,Gears of War all editions" exclusive to the 360. That to me is utter beep beep. Yeah ALL games I agree should be made open to ALL consoles like any other game.

true Microsoft does have some exculsive games which means that you have to buy their console...but so to does Sony.

Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, Haze and InFamous just to name a few.

Like wolf-manj said it is all business because having exclusive titles means that people who have tried and like those games will have to buy their console in order to play them.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Sony did the same thing to sega in the days of the saturn, EA buying the exclusivity to the NFL and NCAA honked me off too, it's the way of the world these days, just like how in the 80s we could have King Hiss Kobra Khan on the toy shelves alongside the HISS tank and whatever cobra character from GI Joe, but now days we have to have VENOM SPITTING Khan and King Hsss etc.

Fear is faith in failure