Page 257 of 351 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,425 of 8761

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by vadersfist View Post
    You guys are both right and I think microsoft SHOULD be brought up again on the anti-trust rule again on the console IMHO. I mean come on "Left for dead 2,Gears of War all editions" exclusive to the 360. That to me is utter beep beep. Yeah ALL games I agree should be made open to ALL consoles like any other game.
    If those games did not have a PC release then there might be a case.

Just because PC's run a Microsoft O/S it still means the game is technically on another system. Games like Gears of War and Halo are harder to use as examples as both are either owners of have a controlling interest with Microsoft (MS paid in part for Gears of War to be developed and they owned Bungie solely for Halo and now own the Halo IP and licensing while Bungie was allowed to go free).

If you try to nail Microsoft with that argument you might as well line Nintendo up and shoot them since their games ONLY reside on their platforms and not the 360 and PS3.

Just because the games you like reside only on one console is not strong enough to raise the specter of antitrust and monopoly. It sucks but thats business.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Certain games will always remain exclusive no matter what. Can you imagine a Mario, Zelda, or Metroid game on any other console besides a Nintendo? I can't.
    Nunslaughter rules in a world of fools!

The deals for Batman just got posted for TRU and Best Buy. The Toys R Us one is the better of the two (really Best Buy, a set of $6.99 DVDs?!?! )

Toys R Us:
    $20 gift card when you buy PS3 / 360 Batman AA - $59.99
    (its $30 for Rewards R Us members on Tues from 10AM - 2PM)

Best Buy
    PS3 / 360 Batman AA - $59
    (get Free Batman Mask of Phantasm & Mr Freeze DVD)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The deals for Batman just got posted for TRU and Best Buy. The Toys R Us one is the better of the two (really Best Buy, a set of $6.99 DVDs?!?! )

Toys R Us:
    $20 gift card when you buy PS3 / 360 Batman AA - $59.99
    (its $30 for Rewards R Us members on Tues from 10AM - 2PM)

Best Buy
    PS3 / 360 Batman AA - $59
    (get Free Batman Mask of Phantasm & Mr Freeze DVD)

I reserved mine for PS3 (gotta get the joker content) at Gamestop last night since they have the exclusive add-on content for that Scarecrow/skeleton battle thing.

The Toys R Us deal does sound good, but I'd rather not miss out on the extra content. And I already have the movies on DVD that Best Buy is giving away, so I really don't need those. None of the other stores really have any kind of in-game bonuses, except for Wal-Mart, but that content can be unlocked anyway.

I also reserved Guitar Hero 5 last night (for 360 since all my GH/RB stuff is on it). I wasn't going to worry about getting it right away, but they have some deal going where if you get the game when it first comes out, you get a free mail away offer for GH Van Halen. So, you basically end up getting a $60 game for free, which is cool.

Apparently Gamestop is also getting an insane amount of exclusive content for Brutal Legend, so I may end up having to reserve that there as well once I figure out which system I want to get it for.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1349 View Post
    Certain games will always remain exclusive no matter what. Can you imagine a Mario, Zelda, or Metroid game on any other console besides a Nintendo? I can't.
    Still trying to get the Zelda CD-I games out of my head...... *shudders*
    This space for rent, apparently.....

The Horde Guru of Gaming D-Day V1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post

Im with you on that.
    Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another castle.

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Yeah, they don't get much better than that...

The responsive controls are what really saved these games...
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Don't forget folks! Metroid Prime Trilogy Wii is out now!
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    Don't forget folks! Metroid Prime Trilogy Wii is out now!
    Actually I think the official release date is Monday, 8/24. Expect to see it on shelves Tuesday....

Is that Konami "Rock Revolution" game compatible with the Guitar Hero and Rock Band instruments on Xbox 360? I'm just wondering because I see that Best Buy has the game on clearance for $5, and I figure that for that price, it's worth giving it a shot if it will work with my existing peripherals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Is that Konami "Rock Revolution" game compatible with the Guitar Hero and Rock Band instruments on Xbox 360? I'm just wondering because I see that Best Buy has the game on clearance for $5, and I figure that for that price, it's worth giving it a shot if it will work with my existing peripherals.
    Yep - they're compatible. I use both the X-plorer & Les Paul GH controllers with it.

Yep - they're compatible. I use both the X-plorer & Les Paul GH controllers with it.
    Aweome! Thanks

Wow - IGN gives Batman: Arkham Asylum at 9.3, dubbing it "The greatest comic book video game of all time"!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/101/1016585p1.html

Wow - IGN gives Batman: Arkham Asylum at 9.3, dubbing it "The greatest comic book video game of all time"!

That falls in line with all the other reviews I have read. This game is getting great praise and its demo was fantastic.

Looking forward to its release next week

Just based on the demo, I'd absolutely assume it'll be the "The greatest comic book video game of all time", but that's a pretty low bar.

Batman is the first comic book game I can think of where I can say, even if you stripped out all the recognizable characters it would still be a really good game.

I REALLY need a 360 or ps3.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Even though the game doesn't come out until next week, the Joker download for PS3 (which is free) is available right now.

Not surprisingly, Metroid Prime Trilogy gets a 9.5 from IGN:

Asp'r the Contrarian SnakeMenPriest's Avatar

The NEW Official "Console Wars" and Video Game Thread

After 6500 posts, the old thread has run its course, not to mention the tedious chore to find the 1 thing you're looking for in the 100+ pages of the thread. So, this is to have a fresher source.

[b]ANYWAY[b]

By now, the "Console Wars" appears to be dwindling. the Nintendo Wii is clearly dominating the market, with the Microsoft Xbox 360 not far behind. Sony has done quite a bit in alienating gamers away from their Playstation 3 in efforts to cut costs.

Most video games that are released nowadays are first person shooters. While a few every now-and-then is nice, the sudden flood of games in the same genre actually loses appeal to fans of the genre and gives more fuel to those that don't like the genre. Popular in the US, but nowhere else, are the Sports games. The games that started the industry - Action/adventure, RPG, Puzzle, Platformer, Beat-em-up, and Run-n-Gun - seem to have gone by the wayside, since they aren't as popular as the First Person shooter and the Sports...

But that's just currently, things can definitely change in the future.
    In Kansas, it is a crime to eat rattlesnake meat in public.
    You are upsetting the blessing of the Snake God. ALL HAIL RATTLOR!!

Check out 2-bad's Original epic: Origins of The SnakeMen!

The Master of Insanity CJ Clifford's Avatar
    I think each console needs its own thread. I gave up on my console war thread because there was too much going on. I never intended for it to become the one and only thread where video game discussion took place. But the mods were tired of video game threads cluttering up the boards so that's what it became.

I don't see the point is closing down the old thread and starting a new one, because inevitably this will become like the old one anyway with tons and tons of posts.

Regardless of original intent, the thread has become the home here on "the .org" for general video game discussion. I don't think anyone expects anyone else to search the whole thread for a piece of info. If there's something you want to know, just ask. Odds are someone who posts there regularly will have an answer or can point you in the right direction.

There have been other video game threads (i.e. talking about a specific game or specific system). However, I don't think that closing down that thread and only having threads dedicated to each system and/or game will work very well. Having a separate thread for 360 and another for PS3 would kind of suck in terms of dicussing a game that is coming out for both systems. Even starting a thread for just the one game isn't always the best idea because game discussions tend to go on tangents

The discussions in that thread easily go on tangents. The discussion of one game may lead to a tangent that results in discussing another. Some of us own multiple systems, and if 2 different games come out for 2 different systems on the same day and the same person picks them up, it's nice to just have one place to discuss it.

While that thread has gotten really big, anyone who reads it should be able to pick up that its more of an ongoing, casual discussion. No one expects people to hunt the whole thread for info, and if you want to discuss something, if you are looking for info on a specific game and/or system, just bring it up. It's actually pretty easy. The thread isn't as complicated as some people are making it out to be.

If we divide up every possible video game subject into a different threads, then the whole 'other discussion' section will become at least 50% video game threads very quickly.

So, with all due respect, I personally vote in favor of keeping the existing thread going and closing down this one.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; August 22, 2009 at 11:50pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Tototally right here this quote here on the genre of games because frankly I hate FPS games and I hate sports games and sports period. PS3 hasn't any games right know because as I said before in the other thread, Microsoft has them all right know. I won't go into any further but as said FPS games are really popular which is REALLY sad because I'm a third person gamer as theirs NOT enough of those type of games and I miss that.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeMenPriest View Post

Most video games that are released nowadays are first person shooters. While a few every now-and-then is nice, the sudden flood of games in the same genre actually loses appeal to fans of the genre and gives more fuel to those that don't like the genre. Popular in the US, but nowhere else, are the Sports games. The games that started the industry - Action/adventure, RPG, Puzzle, Platformer, Beat-em-up, and Run-n-Gun - seem to have gone by the wayside, since they aren't as popular as the First Person shooter and the Sports...

But that's just currently, things can definitely change in the future.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

What is the deal with you PS3 haters??? We have plenty of games. I have an Xbox360 also but it sits there because nothing is worth playing that I have pay online for. I play ALL my online games on my PS3s FREE NETWORK!!!

We have plenty exclusives, sorry if you refuse to admit it. The Wii is garbage EVERYONE I know has one, and only a few use it mainly the wives for the Wii fit stuff. they have very few games worth playing. My kids don't even play the thing, with Sony and MS making motion controls now the Wii better get ready to improve or bail.

Granted the PS3 isn't perfect, I still am waiting for party chat NOT TEXT SONY!!!!!!! The failure rate is way below the 360. As far as the the 360 selling more, I wish you had to put a reason as to why you are buying one. My buddy has bought 3 of them because of the RROD another buddy 2 of thm. These make the numbers look as if it is a top seller, when in fact it is a replacement buy for most.

Xbox 360 exclusives - 179
    PS3 - 150

29 more games for being out over a year earlier?? Sony is making huge gains now, and will continue too.

Quote Originally Posted by vadersfist View Post
    Tototally right here this quote here on the genre of games because frankly I hate FPS games and I hate sports games and sports period. PS3 hasn't any games right know because as I said before in the other thread, Microsoft has them all right know. I won't go into any further but as said FPS games are really popular which is REALLY sad because I'm a third person gamer as theirs NOT enough of those type of games and I miss that.
    Have to disagree with you except for the part about sports games. There are plenty of good games on the PS3. I have 16 ps3 games. out of those 11 are not FPS or sports. And one of the others is an FPS rpg that i think you can change the view of to not be FP.

And Heman4myson whats with all the wii hate? IMO it's a bit childish to act like that. Every system has its ups and downs. There are quite a bit of good games on the wii as well. In order for me its ps3, wii and then 360.

Quote Originally Posted by heman4myson View Post
    What is the deal with you PS3 haters??? We have plenty of games. I have an Xbox360 also but it sits there because nothing is worth playing that I have pay online for. I play ALL my online games on my PS3s FREE NETWORK!!!

We have plenty exclusives, sorry if you refuse to admit it. The Wii is garbage EVERYONE I know has one, and only a few use it mainly the wives for the Wii fit stuff. they have very few games worth playing. My kids don't even play the thing, with Sony and MS making motion controls now the Wii better get ready to improve or bail.

Granted the PS3 isn't perfect, I still am waiting for party chat NOT TEXT SONY!!!!!!! The failure rate is way below the 360. As far as the the 360 selling more, I wish you had to put a reason as to why you are buying one. My buddy has bought 3 of them because of the RROD another buddy 2 of thm. These make the numbers look as if it is a top seller, when in fact it is a replacement buy for most.

Xbox 360 exclusives - 179
    PS3 - 150

29 more games for being out over a year earlier?? Sony is making huge gains now, and will continue too.
    Pfft: The Wii has plenty of good games if you're willing to look
    I've enjoyed Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros Brawl, MadWorld, No More Heroes, Conduit, Mario Kart, Smackdown vs Raw, Warioware, Ghost Squad, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, Mega Man 9 just to name a few.
    Don't hate a game system just because your friend's wives enjoy playing Carnival Games or because your friends are too lazy to look past a row of Petz shovelware in the Game department.

The PS3, and 360 are fine, and dandy but so far almost any game put out for those has been released on the PC in many cases with better features, and in almost all cases less money. I've also been able to play every one of them with no trouble on my rig. Plus almost all of the DLC stuff is free
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?