Page 258 of 351 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308 ... LastLast
Results 6,426 to 6,450 of 8757

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

I don't really care about Playstation or Consoles game now. Because it's way to expensive over here, 2 thousand MYR on the consoles and nearly half a thousand only for one game. I rather stick to Newer PC games like Starcraft 2 and Left 4 Dead. I know I can't play Guitar Hero or Super Mario Galaxy on PC but I will buy a new HD screen for my PC and my consoles "IF" I have money to buy it and enjoy the game.

Anyway, Did Blizzard have any update on Starcraft? I haven't heard about SC2 for a while.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Request to delete/merge this thread? The old one has worked out just fine - No need to start another.....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by heman4myson View Post
    The Wii is garbage EVERYONE I know has one, and only a few use it mainly the wives for the Wii fit stuff. they have very few games worth playing.
    The word hypocrite comes to mind, you complain about PS3 haters but then hate on the Wii...way to go

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot
    Don't hate a game system just because your friend's wives enjoy playing Carnival Games or because your friends are too lazy to look past a row of Petz shovelware in the Game department.
    Exactly, don't spout bs that the Wii has no games and the PS3 is where its at because as a Wii and PS3 owner that is just not true. Both systems have great games if you look for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface
    Request to delete/merge this thread? The old one has worked out just fine - No need to start another.....
    Agreed
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Merge should be good, there's still an important content in this thread. or make it as accessible archive.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Your right the Wii has good games if your a child. I like a little depth to my games though. Mario this....Mario that wow sounds like fun.

The PS3 and Xbox do way more, offer more, and cost about the same now. The Wii is by far the most exspensive sytem I own. After you buy controllers for everyone because lord forbid you share in mario party, you could have bought either one of the other systems.

And good god it is not the 90s. Yes PCs have better everything we know but some people like controllers. Consoles and PCs are not even the same guide lines.

Let's play nice, folks.

These are just video games and consoles.
    Constructive criticism is one thing.
    But there is no reason for any of us to be hating on anything, especially each other.

....geez this thread makes me feel both old and poor.
    I can't afford a video game console, I just play games on the computer.
    I just bought Tales of Monkey Island though! Downloaded through chapter 2. Hope I eventually have time to play it!
    The last game I bought before that was Doom 3. Before that? Quake 2.
    How do you all afford all this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by heman4myson View Post
    Your right the Wii has good games if your a child. I like a little depth to my games though. Mario this....Mario that wow sounds like fun.

The PS3 and Xbox do way more, offer more, and cost about the same now. The Wii is by far the most exspensive sytem I own. After you buy controllers for everyone because lord forbid you share in mario party, you could have bought either one of the other systems.

And good god it is not the 90s. Yes PCs have better everything we know but some people like controllers. Consoles and PCs are not even the same guide lines.
    The amount of uninformed information in this post is just eye rolling.

First off Mario Galaxy is one of the greatest games in this generation, both in rating and sales. It has great depth and even the hardest of hardcore admit its a great game. Just because you do not want to admit or even look into that does not take away the fact that it is a great game.

Also not going to get in a full fledged debate but the PC can use both the 360 and PS3 controllers out of the box. If that is your main argument against the PC as a good system then you fail with great misery. Not to mention almost every 360 game is designed with a PC version in mind, and a majority of the great PS3 library you love is multiplatform with the 360 and PC then that should mean the PC wins

And the 360 will take the title for most expensive console when you add in price of an extra controller, online adapter, hard drive (if you seriously want to use Xbox Live) and an actual game (if you do not find one of the bundles with crap games like SEGA Tennis Superstars). We can do cost breakdown if you want to really go there as the Wii does not require 4 controllers or additional hardware (it only requires one extra to have multiplayer, if you have to buy more than that makes it no different then the others since all systems only come with one controller and the extras are $45-50)

If you are going to disagree then do it correctly but do not be factually wrong in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3
    How do you all afford all this stuff?
    Some people buy alcohol, some people eat out, others collect art. A lot of us use that money to buy video games.

With that said, can we stop arguing. Each game system has its advantages and disadvantages. The Console War ended shortly after November 2006 so there is no need to have a ******* contest just because your system of choice won/lost.

Its one of the reasons I stopped posting sales figures, it was just no real reason anymore and at times it was sparking infighting and bad thoughts all around.

This thread is more now about Video Games and that is how it should remain till next generation!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The amount of uninformed information in this post is just eye rolling.

Not going to get in a full fledged debate but the PC can use both the 360 and PS3 controllers out of the box. If that is your main argument against the PC as a good system then you fail with great misery. Not to mention almost every 360 game is designed with a PC version in mind, and a majority of the great PS3 library you love is multiplatform with the 360 and PC then that should mean the PC wins

And the 360 will take the title for most expensive console when you add in price of an extra controller, online adapter and an actual game (if you do not find one of the bundles with crap games like SEGA Tennis Superstars). We can do cost breakdown if you want to really go there as the Wii does not require 4 controllers or additional hardware (it only requires one extra to have multiplayer, if you have to buy more than that makes it no different then the others since all systems only come with one controller and the extras are $45-50)

If you are going to disagree then do it correctly but do not be factually wrong in the process.
    1. Sega Superstars was fun... Am I the only one that loved seeing the old Sega stars in a game together?

2. My PS3 set up was more expensive than my XBOX 360 set up. Although I bought them both years ago. Maybe now they are more even in price.

3. XBOX LIVE has been a better experience for me so I don't mind paying for the service if that is also where you placed XBOX as the more expensive price point.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    1. Sega Superstars was fun... Am I the only one that loved seeing the old Sega stars in a game together?
    It was good in concept, I think they need an additional 6 months to work on its execution though.

2. My PS3 set up was more expensive than my XBOX 360 set up. Although I bought them both years ago. Maybe now they are more even in price.
    Now that the PS3 has come down it is more in line with the 360, but out of the box the PS3 was overall cheaper if you wanted the two to be equal (since the PS3 came with a large hard drive, had a wireless adapter built in, and PSN gameplay is free) Those additions on the 360 add another $200-250 if you do not opt for one of their various bundles over the years.

3. XBOX LIVE has been a better experience for me so I don't mind paying for the service if that is also where you placed XBOX as the more expensive price point.
    Yeah XBL is a great service, but we were talking about total cost and whether its justified or not it still increases the total cost of which he was saying the Wii was the most expensive.

Soooooo, how about this weeks releases (Batman AA, Professor Layton 2, and Metroid Prime Trilogy)

All 3 games are a must have imho, we have already all gushed over Batman, Metroid Prime 1 and 2 really are going to benefit from the wiimote control and Layton 2 has needed to come for quite some time!

The Master of Insanity CJ Clifford's Avatar
    You know what gets me about Xbox Live. There are still Sony fanboys out there carrying on that the Playstation version is free and Xbox Live costs money. I can't believe they still do that. Xbox Live is so inexpensive. The one year card is 13 months (12 months plus 1 free month). That under $4 a month. For freaking dollars. Yeah, that's really putting some strain on my wallet. And a friend of my, who has tried both (I don't own a PS3, nor do I plan to any time soon), has said Xbox Live is definitely better than it's PS3 counterpart.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Clifford View Post
    You know what gets me about Xbox Live. There are still Sony fanboys out there carrying on that the Playstation version is free and Xbox Live costs money. I can't believe they still do that. Xbox Live is so inexpensive. The one year card is 13 months (12 months plus 1 free month). That under $4 a month. For freaking dollars. Yeah, that's really putting some strain on my wallet. And a friend of my, who has tried both (I don't own a PS3, nor do I plan to any time soon), has said Xbox Live is definitely better than it's PS3 counterpart.
    Not to mention for the last year there has been almost a biweekly sales event or opportunity to buy XBL cards for super cheap. Back when Watchmen came out you could get 1600 point cards for $4 , and if you look at cheapassgamers there are almost always deals to get the one year card for cheap.

I even though about picking them up in anticipating for getting a 360 when the price drops in September

Its an interesting debate, because while PSN is free the only games that REALLY utilize it with any great force are those multiplatform ones that are on the 360 (Call of Duty, Madden, SFIV, other shooter and sports games) as well.

PSN has some great download games as well, but the point cards imho still are rare. You can find them at electronics stores and some video game stores. But I can find Wii Point and XBL cards at grocery stores...that is type of penetration Sony needs.

Its not until this fall and probably 2010 where you are going to start seeing more and more PS3 only games (Uncharted 2 for example) that really start pushing the free online play. Before that I would say the two standard bearers for the system were Little Big Planet and MGS4.

Not to mention for the last year there has been almost a biweekly sales event or opportunity to buy XBL cards for super cheap. Back when Watchmen came out you could get 1600 point cards for $4 , and if you look at cheapassgamers there are almost always deals to get the one year card for cheap.
    I really need to check out cheapassgamers more often. $4 for a 1600 point card? I sure missed out. I don't even want to think about how much money I've wasted on Microsoft points, those ********. Curse you Microsoft.

So, any word on whether Plants vs. Zombies will be coming to Live Arcade. Peggle made it onto Live Arcade and it's made by the same company right. I already have it on PC, but I'd buy it again for Live Arcade. I'm stupid like that. What can I say, it's a really fun game.

I really need to check out cheapassgamers more often. $4 for a 1600 point card? I sure missed out. I don't even want to think about how much money I've wasted on Microsoft points, those ********. Curse you Microsoft.
    Keep an eye on sites when big MS games get released (Halo Wars, Gears of War, Call of Duty) or big movie tie in games (Watchmen). They just had one when the GTA4 expansion came out, I think you had to buy the guide or something to go with it but still it was cheaper than buying it alone.

Probably the next big point card sale will be when Halo ODST comes out in September. I get the feeling the deals are in part subsidized to drive people online to use XBL with the games (similar to how SEGA often subsidizes their Wii games to sell for $29-39 to gain max traction without officially price dropping them)

So, any word on whether Plants vs. Zombies will be coming to Live Arcade. Peggle made it onto Live Arcade and it's made by the same company right. I already have it on PC, but I'd buy it again for Live Arcade. I'm stupid like that. What can I say, it's a really fun game.
    PopCap Games said yesterday it will come to XBL and Iphone "soon"

Not sure when that is but it is now confirmed to be coming

Yes XBL live is great, I have no problem paying for that party chat feature, that is what my buddies and I miss when we play PS3. We have to use AIM right now ghetto I know.

Oh and I was saying PC is superior in everyway to consoles, but I prefer a controller. Comparing PC game and console games to me is like comparing starbucks bagged coffee and starbucks from the cafe. Yeah they are suppossed to be the same but one is so much better.

I played mario Galaxy and I have to say I did not like it at all, we can call each other stupid till we turn blue in the face, you have your fav and I have mine.

And as far as getting all this stuff, since I am stationed overseas alot of it is through trades with other guys.

PSN has some great download games as well, but the point cards imho still are rare. You can find them at electronics stores and some video game stores. But I can find Wii Point and XBL cards at grocery stores...that is type of penetration Sony needs.
    I must be in the minority, because I've seen plenty of PSN cards out by me. Every Best Buy & Wal-Mart has good supply of them. Haven't really looked for them at Target/TRU, and I almost never go into Gamestop. Other stores, I don't bother looking for them at. (When I go to Jewel/Osco, it's for groceries-not gaming accessories)
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    I must be in the minority, because I've seen plenty of PSN cards out by me. Every Best Buy & Wal-Mart has good supply of them. Haven't really looked for them at Target/TRU, and I almost never go into Gamestop. Other stores, I don't bother looking for them at. (When I go to Jewel/Osco, it's for groceries-not gaming accessories)
    I said they were at some stores, but I was comparing them to the other two services if you read what I said

The other two I can get at grocery stores, PSN I cannot...thus one can conclude the other two will always have a larger coverage area since a huge majority of video game sales has been proven over the last four years to come from "casual" or for lack of a better term non-nerd users

Though I guess Walmart/Target could technically be called a grocery store

Not to mention the PSN cards came out almost two years after Wii Points and XBL cards. Sony did not really try to make PSN worthwhile when it launched and it can be debated as to whether that is a major factor it XBL kicking its ass in terms of quality and usefullness

All this talk about about PSN cards being unavailable....what's wrong with using a debit card? Either way, you're still spending your money.
    "After 10,000 years I'm free! It's time to conquer Earth!"

Quote Originally Posted by PJMania View Post
    All this talk about about PSN cards being unavailable....what's wrong with using a debit card? Either way, you're still spending your money.
    Well, if it's anything like Xbox Live, Microsoft keeps your credit/debit card number on file. Some people don't like that. 1. They're worried about their number being stolen. One guy had his Xbox Live Gamertag highjacked. His credit card number was logged into Microsoft, and the guy who highjacked the gamertag got access to the card number. 2. They're worried their spouse or children will spend a bunch of money on points. I've read on another forum where a guy's wife did just that, spending all kinds of money on Microsoft points when he wasn't home and their/his credit card number was logged into Microsoft.

Personally, I'd never use a debit card. And the way things are going, I'll probably end up trashing my credit card before long.

Well, if it's anything like Xbox Live, Microsoft keeps your credit/debit card number on file. Some people don't like that. 1. They're worried about their number being stolen. One guy had his Xbox Live Gamertag highjacked. His credit card number was logged into Microsoft, and the guy who highjacked the gamertag got access to the card number. 2. They're worried their spouse or children will spend a bunch of money on points. I've read on another forum where a guy's wife did just that, spending all kinds of money on Microsoft points when he wasn't home and their/his credit card number was logged into Microsoft.

Personally, I'd never use a debit card. And the way things are going, I'll probably end up trashing my credit card before long.
    I don't like how they store the card numbers.

Makes me paranoid if I ever want to sell the system or it gets stolen.

I also don't like how when Micro$oft gets your card number and you purchase your live subscription (or any subscription) and it just automatically renews on your stored card.

I don't like how they store the card numbers.

Makes me paranoid if I ever want to sell the system or it gets stolen.
    If you sell the Xbox, just make sure you delete your profile first. If you're worried about the system being stolen, you could put your profile on a memory card instead of the hard drive. Keep the system and the card separate when not in use.

I also don't like how when Micro$oft gets your card number and you purchase your live subscription (or any subscription) and it just automatically renews on your stored card.
    How did I forget about that?!? That's the primary reason I don't use a credit card to get Microsoft Points over Xbox Live. I prefer not having my card being charged without my knowledge. I'm pretty much against all auto-renewal services. If I want to renew I will, I don't need the company to do it for me.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 is on hold and possibly cancelled

Beyond Good and Evil 2 is on hold and possibly cancelled
    that sucks, the first one was pretty good.

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    I picked up Arkham Asylum for the PS3. It's currently installing game data to the hard drive, whatever that means. I really wanted to get it for the 360, but I figure since it isn't a multiplayer game, I'd get it on the PS3.

I loved the demo on the 360 though.

By the way, I bought it at Best Buy, which gave me the free DVD (double feature of animated movies) and a $10 gift card.

And while I was heading towards the door, they brought out a dozen or so PS3 Slims. Was tempted to get one, but I'll make do with what I have.

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    By the way, I bought it at Best Buy, which gave me the free DVD (double feature of animated movies) and a $10 gift card.
    Wow $10 gc is new, I thought the deal was just for the movies along with the game.

I am going to try to pick my copy up after work

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    I picked up Arkham Asylum for the PS3. It's currently installing game data to the hard drive, whatever that means. I really wanted to get it for the 360, but I figure since it isn't a multiplayer game, I'd get it on the PS3.

I loved the demo on the 360 though.

And while I was heading towards the door, they brought out a dozen or so PS3 Slims. Was tempted to get one, but I'll make do with what I have.
    Thanks for the info. Sounds like a good deal at Best Buy. I might even go in and see if my local store has any slims left. My launch PS3 freezes up all the time when I am watching discs or playing games. The sound keeps going, but the picture freezes up. Any one know why?