Page 266 of 351 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316 ... LastLast
Results 6,626 to 6,650 of 8768

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    I don't know, I think the good and evil mechanic is more of a novelty. If I kill the bystanders, I don't really feel guilty. Yeah, it makes me evil, so what? I get cool powers. And if I save them...they're afraid of me?
    Its quite different. The story plays out differently, there are a number of different side missions depending on which way you play, there are significant difference between the good and evil powers. The farther you go into the game the more the bystanders react to you. The more evil you are, the more they either totally run from you or even attack. The more good you are, the more likely they are to help you out or point you in the right direction.

If anyone missed it I nabbed a famiclone on vacation:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=177941
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

If anyone hasn't bought Brutal Legends yet, you should because this game rocks. Plus I also bought, which I didn't even know it was on PSN (Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty) which to me I have it almost beat already in 2 days and I am not normall like that in gaming. I really can't wait till the next installment of Ratchet and Clank come out for PS3.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

For the fans of the first one, the sequel to Lost Winds is on WiiWare this afternoon

LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias
    Publisher: FRONTIER
    Players: 1
    ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Mild Fantasy Violence
    Price: 1,000 Wii Points™
    Description: LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias is a sequel to the award-winning WiiWare launch title LostWinds. Enril the Wind Spirit returns to protect and guide young Toku by powering his jumps, aiding his glides and smashing his enemies. An evil adversary binds the fate of Toku's mother, Magdi, and the ancient Melodia civilization. To save Magdi, Toku and Enril must face new foes, enlist friends old and new, and wield incredible new powers - including the ability to switch the very seasons themselves - as they explore the diverse, richly interactive Chilling Peaks and Melodia City areas of the magical land of Mistralis. This enchanting, exhilarating, explorative game play experience is bursting with new ideas that make exceptional use of the Wii Remote™ controller. The awesome power of the Wind is back in the palm of your hand.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Nabbed Red Faction III for Windows on a promo.
    Much better port than they did with Saints Row 2 at the beginning of the year Smooth framerate. And graphically with everything set to LOW you get 360 visuals. So even if your computer is a bit old it'll still look pretty good.

2ghz dual core
    2GB RAM
    15GB HD space
    128MB Geforce 7600 or higher or 128MB Radeon X1300 or higher.

Basically my computer with an older spec card (I have a 512MB 8800GT)
    And I'm around 4.5 years on this rig.

But it's almost half of what you'd pay for a 360/PS3 disc, works with the 360 pad, and is fully tweakable. Check it out. You can also get it on Steam, D2D, etc.
    The Deviot
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

IGN gives Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time a 9.0:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/103/1036656p1.html

Just picked up R&CF: Quest For Booty last week, now that PSN has it discounted to $10, so I gotta get through that one before the 27th!
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Just picked up smackdown vs. raw for ps3. Can't figure out how to get my custom entrance music to work. Can anyone help me? I made sure it's an MP3 file, but when I try to select it, it's blacked out. I can see the song there, I just can't select it. Is there a max file size or song length?
    "After 10,000 years I'm free! It's time to conquer Earth!"

Just beat Uncharted 2, and it is easily now within my top 10 games of all time. This is the first "next gen" game that actually WOW'd me consistently from start to finish, many times actually drawing a varbal "WOW" from me while playing. Well written, incredibly well-done voice acting, and THE most amazing visuals I have ever seen in a videogame in my entire life.

This is my vote for GOTY, and definitely a game that will rank high with me for a very long time.

Anyone with a PS3 simply has to get this game.

Also, I dig Drake's Scare-o-Meter, SEMI-SPOILERS

SPOILERS

going from Sully's Mustache, to Slippery Naked Guys (creatures from the first game), demon Sasquatch, and then the things that rank at 10 had me laughing. Of course they were a 10!
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

In case anyone missed the Toys R Us B2G1 free sale, Best Buy is having one next week

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Classic & 200X fan
    Has anyone played GTA 'Chinatown Wars' for PSP yet? I hope the city, and "free ride" feature is as good as previous GTA titles on the PSP.

And heads up, Ghostbusters coming to PSP on the 3rd.
    big geek

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    In case anyone missed the Toys R Us B2G1 free sale, Best Buy is having one next week

I was gonna buy borderlands. i think i'll wait now.

Awesome - Was planning on grabbing Brutal Legend, Beatles Rock Band & Ghostbusters last week, but realized GB dropped to $40. They didn't have any other $60 games I wanted to get the most out of the deal. (They don't carry Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and I don't want Uncharted 2 until I get the 1st one)

Now I can grab Brutal Legend, Beatles & Ratchet & Clank! If they sell out, I can always see if they'll do rain checks, or check other stores for price/promo matching.....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by PJMania View Post
    Just picked up smackdown vs. raw for ps3. Can't figure out how to get my custom entrance music to work. Can anyone help me? I made sure it's an MP3 file, but when I try to select it, it's blacked out. I can see the song there, I just can't select it. Is there a max file size or song length?
    I just nabbed the Wii version. Ironically I find myself so used to last year's game I keep wanting to swing the controller to do strikes

It's pretty much the same exact game as the other versions except for obviously lower visuals (Although it still looks pretty sick w component cables), and two omissions one of which is a major letdown

1) No custom tracks. No big deal but they didn't have any generic midi's this time around either, so you HAVE to use other wrestler theme music.

2) they 86'ed the online which was the strongest point in last years game aside from interactive intros. I understand they wanted to probably get all of the editions out at the same time so they likely dropped it so the ps2 wouldn't be late, but it's still inexcusable.

On the flip side I've read they actually have more limits in the create a storyline feature in the 360/ps3 version which is weird. So if anyone wants to be a fanboy about wrestling games I guess Wii guys can go "Haha better CAS" and the other two guys can go "Haha no online"
    At least in my case I don't have a lot of friends who dig wrestling games so I guess it's not that big a deal.

On the whole though the Wii version is pretty cool. You finally get all of the main stuff from the other versions including taking off the turnbuckles, and all of the crowd interaction, and inferno matches you didn't get to play last year. I still kinda wished they had left the interactive intros, and online in, but it is what it is. At least the Wii version is still cheaper than the other versions.

I started the caw road to wrestlemania mode so far it seems pretty fun. There's so much in the caw part now it took like two hours just to make myself.
    The Deviot

-?

Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post
    Just beat Uncharted 2, and it is easily now within my top 10 games of all time. This is the first "next gen" game that actually WOW'd me consistently from start to finish, many times actually drawing a varbal "WOW" from me while playing. Well written, incredibly well-done voice acting, and THE most amazing visuals I have ever seen in a videogame in my entire life.

This is my vote for GOTY, and definitely a game that will rank high with me for a very long time.

Anyone with a PS3 simply has to get this game.
    The environments are just breathtaking. Every time you think they can't be topped, they top them.

And full of "Oh, ****!" moments.

And it is one of the few games where I never got bored during a cutscene. Excellent story, script and acting (including the expressions on the models), plus all the quips, comebacks, and little asides during gameplay.

About as perfect of a game as I've ever played.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    I just nabbed the Wii version. Ironically I find myself so used to last year's game I keep wanting to swing the controller to do strikes

It's pretty much the same exact game as the other versions except for obviously lower visuals (Although it still looks pretty sick w component cables), and two omissions one of which is a major letdown

1) No custom tracks. No big deal but they didn't have any generic midi's this time around either, so you HAVE to use other wrestler theme music.

2) they 86'ed the online which was the strongest point in last years game aside from interactive intros. I understand they wanted to probably get all of the editions out at the same time so they likely dropped it so the ps2 wouldn't be late, but it's still inexcusable.

On the flip side I've read they actually have more limits in the create a storyline feature in the 360/ps3 version which is weird. So if anyone wants to be a fanboy about wrestling games I guess Wii guys can go "Haha better CAS" and the other two guys can go "Haha no online"
    At least in my case I don't have a lot of friends who dig wrestling games so I guess it's not that big a deal.

On the whole though the Wii version is pretty cool. You finally get all of the main stuff from the other versions including taking off the turnbuckles, and all of the crowd interaction, and inferno matches you didn't get to play last year. I still kinda wished they had left the interactive intros, and online in, but it is what it is. At least the Wii version is still cheaper than the other versions.

I started the caw road to wrestlemania mode so far it seems pretty fun. There's so much in the caw part now it took like two hours just to make myself.
    I don't know how the Wii version measures up in this area, but something that I absolutely hate about this year's edition is that nearly every grapple move I do gets reversed. Don't get me wrong, I like a challenge, but I find it ridiculous that I have to resort to doing only strike attacks and running grapples to win my matches.

Also, another beef I have is matches with managers. You go for a pin, the other guy's manager jumps on the apron, and the ref stops the count. ***. Similarly in a tag match, when the other guy's tag partner comes in to break up the pin, he clearly doesn't do it in enough time before the 3 count, but for some reason the count of 3 doesn't register and the pin gets broken up.

Overall I like this year's game, but it's the small kinks like these that you would think they would've worked out by now.
    "After 10,000 years I'm free! It's time to conquer Earth!"

Quote Originally Posted by PJMania View Post
    I don't know how the Wii version measures up in this area, but something that I absolutely hate about this year's edition is that nearly every grapple move I do gets reversed. Don't get me wrong, I like a challenge, but I find it ridiculous that I have to resort to doing only strike attacks and running grapples to win my matches.

Also, another beef I have is matches with managers. You go for a pin, the other guy's manager jumps on the apron, and the ref stops the count. ***. Similarly in a tag match, when the other guy's tag partner comes in to break up the pin, he clearly doesn't do it in enough time before the 3 count, but for some reason the count of 3 doesn't register and the pin gets broken up.

Overall I like this year's game, but it's the small kinks like these that you would think they would've worked out by now.
    Well in the Wii version under options you can select the frequency of reversals on a meter for AI opponents, etc. So if the cpu is a reversal king you can move it all the way to zero and they'll hardly ever reverse. It's cheap but honestly if you only play the single player to grind experience points for caws, it makes it easier. You can also play on a lower difficulty.

The manager thing happens on the Wii too. I also noticed during the RTW w CAW that some handicap matches (There's one where you fight Regal, Knox, and Swagger) you have to pin a specific opponent because the other opponent will ALWAYS break the count. (In my case it was a 45 min match as I had to deduce it was Swagger who kept breaking my count and to pin him)

On the whole though I'm enjoying the game a lot, I just really wish they would have left the online mode in. On the other hand over at Gaf a few people have complained about the netcode in the 360/ps3 being really inconsistent. But then again they'll probably have a post release patch for that.
    The Deviot

-?

has anyone played Demon's souls? It sounds interesting. I thought about getting it today with the buy 2 get one free thing at best buy but didnt want to chance not liking it.

Excitebike: World Rally for WiiWare revealed game coming 11/9

Castlevania ReBirth WiiWare video

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Wait... there's a remake of the original Castlevania game?? And it's easier, more good-looking, and features game-play enhancements and additions like Metroid: ZERO MISSION?!

WHERE DO I SIGN UP?!

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    Wait... there's a remake of the original Castlevania game?? And it's easier, more good-looking, and features game-play enhancements and additions like Metroid: ZERO MISSION?!

WHERE DO I SIGN UP?!
    No it's a remake of Castlevania ADVENTURE.

You know, THIS
    The Deviot

-?

if any game in the castlevania series needs a remake, it's castlevania: the adventure. i hope this one turns out great.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    if any game in the castlevania series needs a remake, it's castlevania: the adventure. i hope this one turns out great.
    I think it will, Konami has been pretty spot-on with their WiiWare remakes (Gradius and Contra so far)

I am looking forward to Excitebike more, played the hell out of Trials HD on XBL the last few weeks but nostalgia will always win me over and Excitebike looks like an NES fans wet dream with online play and new tracks

If anyone cares, I made a 2k8 Hogan for Smackdown Vs. Raw 2010
    You can check out the formula here

I actually can't take all of the credit as I based the core formula on a PS3 one discovered by thebudd-master
    The formula isn't 100% 1:1 though so I had to make a few mild changes.
    I also went with his last costume ( 2k8), and made him older.

Anyway enjoy.
    The Deviot

-?

I think it will, Konami has been pretty spot-on with their WiiWare remakes (Gradius and Contra so far)

I am looking forward to Excitebike more, played the hell out of Trials HD on XBL the last few weeks but nostalgia will always win me over and Excitebike looks like an NES fans wet dream with online play and new tracks
    excitebike does look fun and i definitely liked the game, but i had always enjoyed castlevania a little bit more. i'm sure i'll end up getting both though. i had a lot of fun playing exitebike with my brothers when we were kids, always making the most impossible tracks to ride.

I finally put some time into Left 4 Dead last night, my god what a great game

The atmosphere is insane and when the zombies come at you as a horde its great.

The only downside is that it was really designed for multiplayer, the AI partners are great but I can see where it would really be a blast if you had 3 friends going in with you