Page 284 of 351 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334 ... LastLast
Results 7,076 to 7,100 of 8757

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Geez. I didn't even realize that they discontinued MPT until just now, reading TheDeviot's post.

And in looking it up, it is going for quite a bit through Amazon's 3rd party sellers. That's crazy!

I'm glad I ended up picking up a copy back in October when TRU had a buy 2 get 1 free video games sale.

It seems weird that Nintendo would discontinue it completely. Even if they don't want to produce it ongoingly to compete with sales of the stand-alone Metroid Prime 3 game, they could still just release the Wii versions of the first 2 games on their own disc and sell them separately for $20 or $30. At least that would be something.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I thought it was weird that they discontinued MPT also. I picked it up back around Christmas when Best Buy had it for $20. I tried MP1 on it, but I haven't had too much time to get into it. I've never played any of the Prime series before, so I really want to.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Picked up the two latest Pokemon games today really looking forward to trying them out, haven't played anything since FireRed and LeafGreen....any thoughts?
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

I was thinking about picking up one of the new Pokemon games on wednesday, mainly because I really like Pokemon but also because I want that Pokewalker
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by HordakQuack View Post
    Picked up the two latest Pokemon games today really looking forward to trying them out, haven't played anything since FireRed and LeafGreen....any thoughts?
    I posted my thoughts earlier, I love them and they do have changes which benefit the series. The interface I think for the first time really lends itself to the DS instead of feeling like they shoehorned the GBA games onto a DS cart

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    I was thinking about picking up one of the new Pokemon games on wednesday, mainly because I really like Pokemon but also because I want that Pokewalker
    The Pokewalker is really cool and I think a great way to add some fitness to your game. I mean most people walk anyway so gaining in game stats for doing nothing is a treat.
    Last edited by markatisu; April 5, 2010 at 08:34pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ordered the Netflix boot disc for the Wii?
    This space for rent, apparently.....

So I finally bought Ghostbusters last Thursday for 360. I really enjoyed it. I got lots of achievements for it too.

Assassin's Creed 2=platinumed. #5 for me. (Finding all 100 feathers was a royal pain!)

Now back to working on some unfinished games before starting some new ones. LEGO Star Wars 2 on 360 is first (have like 8 achievements left), then the PS3 trophy farming of Ghostbusters, Brutal Legend, RE5, & LittleBigPlanet, followed by my starting on Uncharted 1, Arkham Asylum & R&C-A Crack in Time....

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone ordered the Netflix boot disc for the Wii?
    I ordered it a long time ago, and it came in about 10 days ago. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet though.

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by HordakQuack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    not sure if i talked about this when i got them, but who cares?

i got heart gold when it came out - my brother got soul silver. it's the first game i've played since the original versions of these two and actually this is the first one in the series that i've bought for myself. i can't comment on the past ds games, but like markatisu said it does have a nice interface. it feels like it was built from the ground up for the ds. if you've played the old gold/silver, a lot will be familiar. the towns and routes look mostly the same and it seems like the creatures are all more or less in the same places they had been in. there's enough that's different though. from simple things like berry gathering and the game corner, to things as large as the pokeathlon and of course the pokewalker.

the pokewalker is something i'm sure you've heard plenty about. it is pretty fun to rack up a ton of steps at the end of the day and see if you can find that one creature you're looking for. in fact, i've walked a little more than usual after getting the game. i don't know if i'm just understanding it incorrectly or not, but it sounds like people are saying that if the steps you need to walk to catch specific pokemon are reset each day. i don't know if this is the case. there have been a couple of times where i have kept the same one in there for two days and ended up finding characters i wouldn't normally see if it only counted the steps of one day. the pedometer itself resets to zero each day, but there is a week long record of all your steps.

one last thing about the pokewalker is connecting with other pokewalkers. if you're ever at some large gathering like a convention, it's pretty fun to see a bunch of people randomly walking up to each other to get items. i didn't get to experience this myself until friday and ended up with all kinds of goodies. it's possible that certain pokemon or maybe certain types will accumulate a particular set of items though. i know i ended up getting lots of miracle seeds and thunder stones, while one girl commented on how she had a bunch of TM 18.

the pokeathlon is a decent minigame, but not one that i'm very good at. once you reach the dome where the events take place, everyone on your team has a new set of stats specifically for these games. of course, these stats will only get you so far. most of the work relies on how well you can handle the stylus. you can earn medals and points there, and while i don't care about the medals those points can be redeemed for some valuable items.

Just in case nobody noticed, the 360 received its Spring Update yesterday which lets you use USB Flash Drives/Hard Drives up to 16GB as a hard drive.

You can install games, move your profile to it, and use it you would the 360 hard drive.

But the max is only 16gb at the moment. "Official" 8gb and 16gb Xbox 360 flash drives will be in stores over the next few months
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Just in case nobody noticed, the 360 received its Spring Update yesterday which lets you use USB Flash Drives/Hard Drives up to 16GB as a hard drive.

You can install games, move your profile to it, and use it you would the 360 hard drive.

But the max is only 16gb at the moment. "Official" 8gb and 16gb Xbox 360 flash drives will be in stores over the next few months
    But you can use 2 16GB drives at once. Gonna try it out with a SD card in a USB card reader and see if it works.....

Only differences between using an external drive/memory unit/hard drive is that the official memory unit cannot store movies, music files or original Xbox games. The external drive is capable of storing movies, but still cannot store music or original Xbox games.

But you can use 2 16GB drives at once. Gonna try it out with a SD card in a USB card reader and see if it works.....

Only differences between using an external drive/memory unit/hard drive is that the official memory unit cannot store movies, music files or original Xbox games. The external drive is capable of storing movies, but still cannot store music or original Xbox games.
    I saw some people over at neogaf have said they were able to get the Xbox Originals saved to the hard drives

I am going to try it when I get home and see what of mine works, I still have about 8gb left on my 20gb unit but I have a load of flash drives that get no use.

Interesting. Let us know how that goes. I wonder if you will be able to copy things back and forth from the Xbox hard drive and the flash cards. This could be a good way to back up everything, especially things like my Rock Band tracks.

If anyone tries it, please post if you're able to successfully run 360 DLC off the flash drives in-game. (As opposed to just being able to back it up, but still have to copy it back to the HDD for use) My 20GB HDD only has about 1 GB left on it, and I'd much rather use all the flash cards/jump drives I have laying around to run downloaded Rock Band tracks instead of having to shell out $$$ for a bigger HDD....

If anyone tries it, please post if you're able to successfully run 360 DLC off the flash drives in-game. (As opposed to just being able to back it up, but still have to copy it back to the HDD for use) My 20GB HDD only has about 1 GB left on it, and I'd much rather use all the flash cards/jump drives I have laying around to run downloaded Rock Band tracks instead of having to shell out $$$ for a bigger HDD....
    I have not tried that yet, but I did pop in an old 4gb usb drive. The 360 formatted it and then told me it was not up to specs so it might run slower

As a test I copied over my entire Mass Effect Folder and Dragon Age Origins (DLC and all) and it worked, then I downloaded the UFC Demo into the USB drive directly and ran it without a hitch. So even if the 360 tells you that its too slow it appears to me it runs fine.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I have not tried that yet, but I did pop in an old 4gb usb drive. The 360 formatted it and then told me it was not up to specs so it might run slower

As a test I copied over my entire Mass Effect Folder and Dragon Age Origins (DLC and all) and it worked, then I downloaded the UFC Demo into the USB drive directly and ran it without a hitch. So even if the 360 tells you that its too slow it appears to me it runs fine.
    I tried my USB card reader with a 1GB SD card, and had no problems getting it to format. Moved my LEGO Indy 2 demo from the HDD to the SD card, and it ran just fine.

Now I need to move some Rock Band DLC to the SD card and see if the game will simultaneously recognize songs in-game from BOTH the HDD & SD card....

I tried my USB card reader with a 1GB SD card, and had no problems getting it to format. Moved my LEGO Indy 2 demo from the HDD to the SD card, and it ran just fine.

Now I need to move some Rock Band DLC to the SD card and see if the game will simultaneously recognize songs in-game from BOTH the HDD & SD card....
    Let me know how it works out, that would come in real useful for me if I could put the Dragon Age expansion on a flash drive and keep the regular stuff on the main HDD and have the game see both.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
    So I finally bought Ghostbusters last Thursday for 360. I really enjoyed it. I got lots of achievements for it too.
    I just finished playing it on the Wii last night. I enjoyed it. Really cool that all the actors reprised their roles for a video game. I wonder what the chances of a second Ghostbusters game would be.

I just recently purchased a DSI XL for the woman for easter and she loves it. So far I only got her 1 game but intend on getting her more though. The screen really is much bigger then the others.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Quote Originally Posted by vadersfist View Post
    I just recently purchased a DSI XL for the woman for easter and she loves it. So far I only got her 1 game but intend on getting her more though. The screen really is much bigger then the others.
    Get her Animal Crossing. My wife has about a dozen games, but it's that one that she sits on the couch and plays every night while I watch TV.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I still use my original DS almost everyday. Its big and bulky and I rarely see people with it .

I was also corrected by my sister in law a few days ago, who I think was corrected by the salesman at GameStop. I still refer to it as a "Gameboy". After she mentioned it was just "DS" I thought "huh....she's right". pwn3d
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

I never did upgrade to a DSi (I'm still using the Lite), and the bigger screens are tempting. But with the talk of this new 3D portable Nintendo system coming out by the end of this year (which, from what I understand, will still be dual-screen based, so I imagine that it will still play the existing DS games), I am going to hold off on any upgrade purchases.

EDIT:

Just some cool deals to pass along. Amazon has a deal going now where if you pre-order Super Mario Galaxy 2, you will get a $20 promotional credit towards a future video game purchase (the credit should show up in your account about 2 business days after the game ships).

There is a similar deal where if you preorder Super Street Fighter IV, you get a $10 promotional credit towards a future game purchase.

I've already got both preordered, so I guess that will be $30 towards a future purchase (plus I already used a previous $10 promo credit towards the purchase of SSFIV). So, these are some overall good deals.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; April 8, 2010 at 01:31pm.

I'm really trying to convince myself to buy a DSiXL. My DS Lite has a cracked hinge, and it's barely hanging onto life. I held off on buying a DSi because I was waiting for the XL, and now I'm debating on waiting for the 3DS.

Just in case there are some who haven't seen this yet: