Page 286 of 351 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296336 ... LastLast
Results 7,126 to 7,150 of 8757

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

I considered making a new thread for this but figured some mod would just merge it with this one

so

What old games do you think should be remade / updated?

My choice would have to be a very old fave of mine

WEREWOLVES OF LONDON

(from wikipedia)

The game is played from a side-on 45 degree view, letting the player not only move left and right, but up and down. The character can also jump. The player starts off as a human who must roam the streets of London (including the London Underground and Hyde Park), and pick up items which will help the player in certain tasks. When the timer hits midnight, the player character transforms into a Werewolf. The player must then track down each of the 8 enemy characters and kill, and optionally, eat their bodies, while avoiding being shot or captured by the police.

The game involved more strategy elements than the traditional 8-bit 'platform' game, as the game changed difficulty in response to the player's actions. For example, the more people are attacked by the werewolf, the more active the police are. The Hyde Park location is locked during night, and a ticket is needed to enter the subway (although you can leap over the gate). When the Werewolf is 'touched' by a police officer with handcuffs you are put in prison (though how an unarmed police officer can overpower a werewolf is not addressed). You are released when the player transforms back to a human character, but can escape by finding a crowbar to escape through the sewers (a torch is needed to see in the dark). Eating family members and NPC gives extra health, but being shot results in a constant health drop (in the form of a blood-bag icon). Finding bandages can stem the blood flow. If your blood-bag reached empty, the game is over.

Ya you actually got to eat people and it was surprisingly gory (for an 8 bit game that is)
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Picked up Bad Company 2 for Windows. Hoping I'll like it. 1942 was awesome, 2 I didn't like despite the hype, 2142 while better than Quake Wars, didn't sit much better with me. Didn't play BC1, Heroes was pretty good, so I figured I'd roll the dice after the Good but heavily flawed MW2.

In other news, One timed PC exclusive (Before the 360 version) you guys may want to check out is Metro 2033. I have yet to play it, but it looks awesome, and I do want to get it eventually. It's been out for a little while now, and most people seem to dig it.

The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

wolfsfang:

I want a remake of Castlevania 3 for Wiiware. It's still a great game but it's also showing it's age. They could reuse the boss sprites from Symphony of the Night for Trevor, Grant, and Sypha.

i guess this is the right thread to share with you guys.
    i got another stick. a unique concept. this thing plays sweet. it's very comfortable and light. played tekken 6 for about 3 hours this evening. ps3 of course
    nes sanwa stick
    power button=start, lights up
    reset=select
    ps home button on bottom.
    awesomeness built by jeremiah minor, arcade legends in cinci.

Last edited by MANGLORD; April 23, 2010 at 11:23am.
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

I'm all for a werewolf game. Was always annoyed that the two Werewolf the Apocalypse games got canceled.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    It is 100x better than the original, the Monster Hunter team from Capcom created it at the request of Nintendo. They wanted a controller that felt like the PS3 but was more comfortable (if you hold it you will know what I mean with the slope of the bottom 2 trigger buttons). There is an interesting interview around from Iwata (Nintendos CEO) talking about how they approached Capcom to create the perfect controller for them.

And it looks sleek as hell to boot, Nintendo must use some super secret black plastic because it is so shiny and slick looking
    after reading your review here, I picked one of these up at Super Wal-Mart last night and it is really nice! It's definately a huge improvement over the previous Classic Controller, and in many ways it is more comfortable than the PS3 controller. It's definately money well spent. Capcom should design more controllers for the game consoles.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I like the modded NES arcade stick, though I wonder why they didn't just mod the NES Advantage Joystick. But cool Anyway.

As far as revisits go, I know Jeff Green over at EA, has hinted at such a proposition. One of his mailbags asked people what old EA games to go back to, and a lot of people of course brought up Mutant League Football.
    I however requested:

Mail Order Monsters was awesome. It was basically a monster battling action RPG that came out well before Poke'mon, or it's many knockoffs.
    Also because it was an Action RPG there was still a fun arcade element, that fans of shooters, fighters, platformers, could get into.
    You started with so much money, bought a base monster with some attachments. Then you fought other monsters, and gained Experience Points, that you could use to heal, and upgrade your monster further.
    It even let you save your character to a floppy so you could go to a friend's house to see who had the better monster. It was a great game, and that's a franchise EA should revisit.

Speaking of EA, I am liking the single player campaign in BFBC2. I like the destructable enviornments the best. From what I can see it looks like MP is going to be a lot closer to 1942, which is a good thing.

Angry Joe did an overview when it came out, you can see it here
    I didn't embed it because of some colorful language from game footage, but those without easily offended ears may dig it. (And no if you haven't seen AJ, it's nothing like AVGN although sometimes he invokes sketches)
    The Deviot
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

You guys, I finally platinumed The Saboteur!

Quote Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
    You guys, I finally platinumed The Saboteur!
    any good? been wondering bout that one.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf-manj View Post
    any good? been wondering bout that one.
    Yeah, it's pretty good. You should try it out.

Well, I'm only about 10 1/2 years late, but I'm finally getting a proper copy of Mortal Kombat Gold for Sega Dreamcast.

I recently pulled the old system out and have been playing it again. I got it back when it first launched, and MKG was amongst the launch games that I originally got (I think Sonic Adventure and Power Stone were some of the others). It was an upgrade to MK4 with extra characters, etc, and was only released on Dreamcast. But, while it was good in many ways, it was full of bugs and glitches.

Apparently a month or so after it came out, a corrected version was released which took care of some of the glitches (I think some still remain, but it's not nearly as bad). I really wasn't aware of this corrected version at the time, but had heard about it years later, but did nothing about it until now. The funny thing is I know recall seeing the corrected versions in stores (it had a green sticker that says "HOT! NEW!" on it... I think on the outer shrink wrap, so it wouldn't be there once opened). The disc, itself is also a different color (the original glitchy version has a yellow/gold disc, and the corrected version is a redish color).

I found a decent priced buy-it-now ebay auction which showed the red colored disc (and I emailed the seller to check that it was the right version). So, once I receive it, I will hopefully (finally) be able to enjoy this game with fewer glitches. Now picking Noob Saibot's alternate costume will no longer reset the system!

awesome. my best friend somehow had an extra dreamcast and ended up giving it to me along with a few games for christmas. this was because i donated mine to him several years ago. i haven't had much time to play with it, but i'm having fun playing E.G.G. which i never had the first time around.

It's about whats FAIR! King Hsss's Avatar
    Anyone happen to have a Professor Chaos or extra levels code for South Park Tower Defense for the 360? I missed out on these and have been looking ever since.
    In nomine Patris. Requiescat in Pace

9th of November we get

Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Great news for Light gun gaming!!
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/108/1084074p1.html

More SEGA Shooters for Wii
    LA Machinegun and Gunblade NY will join House of the Dead and Ghost Squad on Wii.
    by Craig Harris

April 15, 2010 - SEGA, once the king of the lightgun shooters, is looking to continue to bring its arcade blasters to the Wii. The company brought its House of the Dead and Ghost Squad series to the point-and-shoot friendly console.

According to the latest ESRB ratings list, SEGA has submitted a new title for a ratings moniker: Gunblade NY & LA Machineguns Arcade Hits Pack. According to the description on the ESRB site:

"This is an arcade-style first-person shooter in which players engage in missions to protect sections of New York and Los Angeles from enemy forces. Players aim targeting crosshairs on dozens of attacking soldiers, robots, missiles, and vehicles that explode when destroyed. Constant gunfire and explosions highlight the frenetic action; zoomed-in camera angles depict multiple projectiles striking the humanoid terrorist enemies."

It's received a T for Teen rating for "Violence."

Gunblade NY hit the arcades in 1996, with its sequel, LA Machineguns, coming out in 1999.

No official details have been released by SEGA on the pack, but we have a call into the company for info.
    LOVED these games, was longing for a DC release but 11 years later is better than never, now give me some virtua cop, Jurrasic Park, Aliens and Confidential mission and I'm good!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I would give anything to see those Jurassic Park light gun games on the Wii! Lost World was a fantastic shooter. I loved how they did the Carnotaurs from the book...
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post
    I would give anything to see those Jurassic Park light gun games on the Wii! Lost World was a fantastic shooter. I loved how they did the Carnotaurs from the book...
    yeah that was a good arcade game.

God of War Ghost of Sparta announced for the PSP

The title will be a collaborative effort between Ready at Dawn, who developed God of War: Chains of Olympus, and Sony Computer Entertainment's Santa Monica Studio.

"Excitement for the God of War franchise is at an all-time high and we're thrilled to continue that momentum with God of War: Ghost of Sparta," said Scott A. Steinberg, vice president, product marketing, SCEA. "This new adventure will showcase Kratos on PSP like never before in an experience that fans and newcomers can enjoy on the go, anytime, anywhere."

Set in the realm of Greek mythology, God of War: Ghost of Sparta is a single-player game that has players once more taking on the role of Spartan warrior Kratos. This new adventure picks up after the original God of War concludes, telling the story of Kratos' ascension to power as the God of War. In his quest to rid himself of the nightmares that haunt him, Kratos must embark on a journey that will reveal the origins of lost worlds, and finally answer long-awaited questions about his tattoo, scar and family. Armed with the deadly chained Blades of Chaos, he will have to overcome armies of mythological monsters, legions of undead soldiers, and amazingly dangerous and brutal landscapes throughout his merciless quest.

The developers say they have "made significant strides to give players a realistic feel that has never been seen before on PSP or any other portable platform." The game showcases higher quality environments and characters, giving an unmistakable realism to Kratos' newest quest, they say.

The game will have more than 25 percent more gameplay than God of War: Chains of Olympus, according to the release.

The game will also have a new weapon system, new magical powers, weapons and navigational abilities, many more enemies on screen, and a greater number of boss encounters, truly bringing the experience to life, all while on the go.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Evil Master of Warcraft
    From Xbox's FB page:

Xbox - What's the most effective tool for taking down a rampaging horde of zombies - an assault rifle? A grenade launcher? A wood chipper? Find out yourself with this week's Deal of the Week when you save 50% off the price of Zombie Apocalypse.

This is a really fun game on XBL arcade.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Looks like a black Wii is getting released this weekend. I just got an email from ToysRUs.com advertising a new Wii Bundle that includes the system in black, a black Wii-Mote with Wii Motion Plus, and Wii Sports Resort (it doesn't mention a nunchuck, so I'm not sure if that is included or not). Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Looks like a black Wii is getting released this weekend. I just got an email from ToysRUs.com advertising a new Wii Bundle that includes the system in black, a black Wii-Mote with Wii Motion Plus, and Wii Sports Resort (it doesn't mention a nunchuck, so I'm not sure if that is included or not). Interesting.
    Yes, the one nunchuck is included. You wouldn't be able to play either Wii Sports game without it.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Question: Does the PS3 Band Hero Drum kit have MIDI in and out?

I just bought the whole game set at Target for $44.98 solely for the drum kit, but I can't find a clear cut answer online.

If anybody can help, that would be great. THANKS in advance!
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Just got platinum #6 on Ghostbusters. Man, that was a grind.....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Played some more Bad Company 2 got to level 5, and some perks!

Finally had some decent people on the same page in rush mode last night.
    Why do I usually get drafted to defense sides with people who absolutely REFUSE to cover the M-Com stations?
    Seriously this is the typical round:

Game starts. I immediately run to an M-Com, and try to defend it from all sides.

Everyone else (And I do mean everyone) runs to the frontlines, leaving the area completely open from all sides to attack.

I defend the M-Com successfully for between a 3 to 6 killstreak before half of the attacking team discovers how flippin easy it is to get in, and easily take me out. (Usually with a Medic spamming the M60)

M-Coms are both blown up, and we have to push back.

Upon respawning this cycle begins anew, although now I die 47 times in the process. Not that I'm great or anything. Avg, at best. But now the opposing side has foresight.

Both M-Coms destroyed. We push back.

Again both M-Coms destroyed. We push back.

In the final skirmish, people maybe, MAYBE, begin to realize The Deviot can't be the only player trying to defend targets. But by this point it's too little too late. The opposing team has plenty of tickets remaining, and eventually takes the base.

We lose, and everybody begins either whining that the other side's victory was BS, or that they type "GG" even though it wasn't.

Despite this it's still a really fun game. But it would be a lot more fun if people played like they did last night. DEFENDING. My side actually won 6/10 matches, and the 4 losses were down to the wire.

STEAM Giving Modern Warfare 2 a FREE WEEKEND DEAL

Also for those already playing, they're giving double XP over the weekend.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/3785/
    Last edited by TheDeviot; May 5, 2010 at 12:29pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The Deviot

-?

IGN gives Alan Wake a 9.0/10:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1087706p1.html

Looking forward to this one....
    This space for rent, apparently.....