Page 288 of 351 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338 ... LastLast
Results 7,176 to 7,200 of 8757

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

playing red dead on ps3, Wow! game is totally rad.
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MANGLORD View Post
    playing red dead on ps3, Wow! game is totally rad.
    ARGH! I mean I'm glad to hear it's good but that means I have to allocate more money I don't have for a game. I really enjoyed what I played of Red Dead Revolver on the xbox years ago, so I'm glad this one is good too. I should pick up that old game and really play it as I never finished it.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    well I downloaded Portal to see what the fuss is about and I still don't get it. It is one of the most boring games I have ever played and that annoying voice is...well annoying
    Pay attention to the atmosphere. It's a 19 stage puzzle game, and it's backgrounds, hidden rooms, music, and "Annoying" computer voice tell a story. Things really pick up around stage 6, Both in terms of storytelling, and in difficulty of the puzzles. On top of all of this? It's FREE. Remember folks it's free for another few days (5/24 last day!)

I took a break from some of the games I've been playing, and began playing some Conduit online again. The lag issues weren't as apparent as when I last played a few months ago, and it looks like some of the hacks have dwindled.

Also: CONDUIT 2 screens!

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/067/067276/imgs_1.html

They're promising less linear stages, better art direction, a better storyarc, and some deep team based multiplayer including online Co-Op. I enjoyed the first one even if I did feel it was a little overhyped after finishing it.
    So I'll probably get this one. Maybe not day one, but eventually.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    PORTAL is now FREEWARE

Until month's near end

http://store.steampowered.com/freeportal/
    I didn't get into portal until recently. I downloaded the Portal: Still Alive on the 360. Is that the same as this free download?
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    Pay attention to the atmosphere. It's a 19 stage puzzle game, and it's backgrounds, hidden rooms, music, and "Annoying" computer voice tell a story. Things really pick up around stage 6, Both in terms of storytelling, and in difficulty of the puzzles. On top of all of this? It's FREE. Remember folks it's free for another few days (5/24 last day!)
    I would but I deleted it. I got to about level 10 and was seriously bored to tears as I couldn't find anything fun or even the slightest bit interesting about this so really it is just not my kind of game.

A FPS game where you don't get to blast evil doers and / or monsters is just wrong imho
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

IGN gives Super Mario Galaxy 2 a perfect 10/10:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/109/1091239p1.html

I think this is only the 3rd or 4th game ever that they've given a perfect score. I know they gave Ocarina of Time and GTA4 10's. Probably 1 or 2 I'm missing....

Though I hardly take IGN as the bible, I'm more curious to see if Matt agrees, as he's the head of the Nintendo branch.....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    IGN gives Super Mario Galaxy 2 a perfect 10/10:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/109/1091239p1.html

I think this is only the 3rd or 4th game ever that they've given a perfect score. I know they gave Ocarina of Time and GTA4 10's. Probably 1 or 2 I'm missing....

Though I hardly take IGN as the bible, I'm more curious to see if Matt agrees, as he's the head of the Nintendo branch.....
    Matt left to go work for Apple, he is in charge of the editorial board of their App Store now
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Matt left to go work for Apple, he is in charge of the editorial board of their App Store now
    D'oh! Shows how much I pay attention...

D'oh! Shows how much I pay attention...

Don't feel bad, I only know because I was randomly reading neogaf one day and saw the thread about it
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I picked up Boy and his Blob and have to say that is is a criminally underrated game. Despite garnering some fantastic reviews, I found this little gem in the bargain section of Best Buy. Remembering the original (the concept if not the gameplay), and having seen some of the reviews, I had to pick it up.

This is definitely one of the sweetest, most endearing games I've ever played. It's an adorable adventure with a little boy and his pet, with all hand-drawn animation and backgrounds that look like they're colored from a beautiful children's book. But it's also a puzzle game, and a fairly challenging one at that.

Between the great music, the completely endearing visuals and themes, and the rather addictive gameplay, people simply HAVE to check this one out. Has anyone else played it yet?

"It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Looks like I was wrong about the Greifers in Conduit going away.
    I did have a few good matches tonight but of course out of nowhere I had to deal with people with invincibility hacks, Glitching the terrain for clipping problems so they could hide in geometry, Glitching the rockets, and hand guns to shoot 5 at a time for instakill, etc. etc.

I really hope the next one is better playtested when it comes out because I really do enjoy the first one (When it isn't being populated by Griefers)

Probably play some more BFBC2 this weekend too. I don't want to get too rusty on my XM8

Oh some of what I'm talking about:

Last edited by TheDeviot; May 22, 2010 at 12:02am.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post
    I picked up Boy and his Blob and have to say that is is a criminally underrated game.
    Ya I have this on the Wii and it is a lovely game. Seriously teh visuals and music and characters and stuff make this the kind of game you can call lovely

I got Red dead on launch midnight and NOW heading on sunday to get Super mario galaxy 2. WOW so much goodness on games coming out oh man.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

ARGH! Has anybody here gotten through RE5 on Professional difficulty playing entirely solo? I swear, between the 1-hit deaths and Sheva's IDIOTIC A.I., it's gotta be next to impossible w/o going online for a co-op partner....

EDIT: Gave up on RE5 for now - started Mario Galaxy 2. Good stuff! Made it to the 2nd world, and have like 12 stars and 7 Comet Medals. Looking forward to getting through all 120 stars like the 1st game.

Yoshi is a blast, with some really nice gameplay mechanics. Drill Mario and Cloud Mario are more utilitarian than something you wanna have all the time.
    Last edited by Skullface; May 22, 2010 at 04:54am.

ARGH! Has anybody here gotten through RE5 on Professional difficulty playing entirely solo? I swear, between the 1-hit deaths and Sheva's IDIOTIC A.I., it's gotta be next to impossible w/o going online for a co-op partner....
    Nope. My brother and I tackled it on Professional difficulty, but we had to do it split screen with unlimited ammo on several weapons. That way it was a breeze, but there was still the part of the end of Chapter 3-? when you fight the big guy from the back of the truck. It took us FOREVER to get past that level because we couldn't use the rocket launcher.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    but there was still the part of the end of Chapter 3-? when you fight the big guy from the back of the truck. It took us FOREVER to get past that level because we couldn't use the rocket launcher.
    That's where I'm stuck now - have probably died close to 50 times trying to get past him......Though, Sheva's A.I. is actually decent for this whole level. (2-3)

That's where I'm stuck now - have probably died close to 50 times trying to get past him......Though, Sheva's A.I. is actually decent for this whole level. (2-3)
    Yeah, it's a PAIN. You basically have to be perfect with the random button press dodges. You also have to watch out for the Majini in the distance shooting arrows at you. Use the oil drums wisely, and shoot the boulder as soon as he starts picking it up.

Best of luck when you pick it back up and try again.

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

HOW are you able to play Super Mario Galaxy 2 BEFORE 5/23/10. Thats Illegal according to Nintendo to be playing a game BEFORE launch of it. Do you work for Gamestop or something or did you DL it from the net. I don't care at all I was just wondering cause I havn't got to play it yet and can't till tommorow when it releases 5/23/10.

EDIT: started Mario Galaxy 2. Good stuff! Made it to the 2nd world, and have like 12 stars and 7 Comet Medals. Looking forward to getting through all 120 stars like the 1st game.

Yoshi is a blast, with some really nice gameplay mechanics. Drill Mario and Cloud Mario are more utilitarian than something you wanna have all the time.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Yeah, it's a PAIN. You basically have to be perfect with the random button press dodges. You also have to watch out for the Majini in the distance shooting arrows at you. Use the oil drums wisely, and shoot the boulder as soon as he starts picking it up.

Best of luck when you pick it back up and try again.
    My compulsive need to finish a game before really getting into another one got the better of me. Worked on it again tonight, and managed to get through Professional with A.I. Sheva. Ended up having 34 deaths against that big guy, by far the hardest part of Pro for me. Died 16 times at the 5-3 "Dual" boss fight, and 14 times on the last level just trying to get the friggin' bulkheads open.

Platinum #8 done! After finishing that up, I have no desire to try any of the DLC anytime soon.....

My compulsive need to finish a game before really getting into another one got the better of me. Worked on it again tonight, and managed to get through Professional with A.I. Sheva. Ended up having 34 deaths against that big guy, by far the hardest part of Pro for me. Died 16 times at the 5-3 "Dual" boss fight, and 14 times on the last level just trying to get the friggin' bulkheads open.

Platinum #8 done! After finishing that up, I have no desire to try any of the DLC anytime soon.....
    Congrats! Everything but that one boss was pretty easy here with two human players and two unlimited rocket launchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post
    I picked up Boy and his Blob and have to say that is is a criminally underrated game. Despite garnering some fantastic reviews, I found this little gem in the bargain section of Best Buy. Remembering the original (the concept if not the gameplay), and having seen some of the reviews, I had to pick it up.

This is definitely one of the sweetest, most endearing games I've ever played. It's an adorable adventure with a little boy and his pet, with all hand-drawn animation and backgrounds that look like they're colored from a beautiful children's book. But it's also a puzzle game, and a fairly challenging one at that.

Between the great music, the completely endearing visuals and themes, and the rather addictive gameplay, people simply HAVE to check this one out. Has anyone else played it yet?
    i've got it. there were a few bonus levels that i never unlocked, otherwise i beat everything in the game. the game was so much fun, beyond most games i've played. even on the frustrating levels, dying over and over in the same areas became comical. i'm certain it had to do with the cute characters. the blob's forms are fun to look at and use, the puzzles are inventive, and the bosses are menacing.

great. now i want to play it again. don't you realize i've got enough to play as it is?

Bought Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands for the Wii yesterday (and yes I knew before I bought it that apart from the title it is a totally different game to the 360 / PS3 version) and I have to say it is brilliant. I loved the last POP game (the one with Elika) but this one reminds me more of the SOT trilogy (mainky because it is based in that continuity) and unlike the last game your actions do have consequences. No longer can you just take risk after risk knowing that you will be saved if you fall, this time you actually have "lives" which can run out, plus it is great to be fighting multiple enemies at once again instead of just one.

I will still be getting the PS3 / 360 version (probably next week) and will also get it on the PSP and DS cuz I LOVE the Prince of Persia games

It's the first time I see a release date for Starcraft 2, guess what? I'm bouncing like a fanboy on this game. *insert Tallstar excited gif here*

http://us.starcraft2.com/

here is it Ladies and Gentleman.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Quote Originally Posted by vadersfist View Post
    HOW are you able to play Super Mario Galaxy 2 BEFORE 5/23/10. Thats Illegal according to Nintendo to be playing a game BEFORE launch of it. Do you work for Gamestop or something or did you DL it from the net. I don't care at all I was just wondering cause I havn't got to play it yet and can't till tommorow when it releases 5/23/10.
    Walmart and Best Buy will often break street dates, its standard business fare (Walmart most of the time has their registers street date coded, but Kmart and Best Buy do not)

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    It's the first time I see a release date for Starcraft 2, guess what? I'm bouncing like a fanboy on this game. *insert Tallstar excited gif here*

http://us.starcraft2.com/

here is it Ladies and Gentleman.
    Yup, I been playing the beta (well correction getting owned in the Beta) and have the Collectors Edition preordered!
    Last edited by markatisu; May 24, 2010 at 01:57pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I finally beat Resident Evil 5 on professional and got the platinum.

I also managed to platinum LittleBigPlanet and Brutal Legend, bringing my total up to eight platinums! I know it is silly, but it still makes me proud.