Page 290 of 351 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300340 ... LastLast
Results 7,226 to 7,250 of 8768

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

WOW - XBLA is having some awesome sales over the next few weeks - Take a look at the discounted lineups. (Games include Shadow Complex, TMNT Arcade, Turtles in Time Re-Shelled, Marvel VS Capcom 2, Bionic Commando: Rearmed, Symphony of the Night) just to name a few. (Keep in mind that these deals are only available to Gold members....)

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/109/1096260p1.html

Anyone who doesn't buy Shadow Complex for 560 points is nuts.....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

I am so getting Alien Hominid HD...I freaking LOVE that little yellow alien and actually used to play him on Newgrounds before he even made the leap to consoles.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

OK, so E3 starts tomorrow. Here's the big 3 press conference schedule:

Monday June 14th
    Microsoft - 1:30pm ET

Tuesday June 15th
    Nintendo - Noon ET
    Sony - 3:00pm ET

Sorry Nintendo, you're competing w/Mattycollector, so I'll watch yours later.

Oh, and Natal is officially called "Kinect"

Honestly, there's nothing off the top of my head that I'm looking forward to from Microsoft's conference. (as I care nothing about Kinect or HALO) Maybe Fable 3 info, or if they show off Rock Band 3.

Sony's show will interest me in terms of sequels, DC Universe Online, and of the "premium PSN" details. (My Gold LIVE account expires on Tuesday, and I'm not renewing it for a while)

Nintendo better show off the next Zelda in detail for a holiday 2010 release date. Other than that, want more info on Other M, Pikmin 3, Epic Mickey, and the new Retro Studios Project. (Currently rumored to be the DK franchise)
    Last edited by Skullface; June 13, 2010 at 09:56pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Nintendo better show off the next Zelda in detail for a holiday 2010 release date. Other than that, want more info on Other M, Pikmin 3, and the new Retro Studios Project. (Currently rumored to be the DK franchise)
    Miyamoto and Iwata practically guaranteed the new Zelda would at least be discussed (trailer or name)

I do not expect much else, I mean we will no doubt see a ton about Wii Party (aka Wii Play 2) and maybe something on the vitality sensor

But I have to be on MattyCollector and then head to my 2nd job so for the first time in 5 years I will have to catch the replay

I am not jazzed at all about Natal/Kinnect/whatever you want to call it or PS Move. If they announce Mass Effect 3, give me more info on Star Wars The Old Republic, and show off the 3DS I will be thrilled.

3DS is really what I am waiting for, and possibly the rumored redesign of a slim 360.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Tournament of Legends looks like it might actually turn out decent:

The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Anyone who doesn't buy Shadow Complex for 560 points is nuts.....
    I'm gettin' it! Thanks for the tip. I think I'll get 'Splosion man too.

Leaked pics of the newly redesigned 360:

http://www.console-tribe.com/showima...newxbox360.jpg

Wow watching the Xbox conference and seriously it brings back shades of Nintendo 2008 horrible conference with Wii Fit

Last nights Cirque de Xbox thing was a hoot as well, MS is praying big time they can hook the Wii buyers I think
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

My God - the M$ conference is a total snore-fest, outside of MGSR & GOW3.....

Come on you are not enjoying the like 2hrs of Wii HD errr I mean Kinect demos

I hope if they show the SW game the person "demoing" it actually tries instead of following the prerecorded movements like last night lol

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I just realized that GOW3 likely standards for Gears of War 3 in your post here. At first I thought it stood for God of War 3, which just confused the hell out of me.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I think this is actually pretty cool.

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14318...0.html?show=hi

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I think this is actually pretty cool.

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14318...0.html?show=hi
    Yeah Move is pretty neat, Move for the most part really is the Wii in HD. It will share some of the same games and the tech is close enough to allow developers to create for both platforms (Resident Evil 5 is a perfect example since its basically RE4 Wii controls)

EDIT: OH Crap, everyone at the conference gets a new Xbox! Its like Oprah or Ellen

New slim 360 available at retail this week!

$299 includes 250GB HDD and built in Wi-Fi. Good thing my old model has held out this long, cuz I need to upgrade.

Greg Miller's Move demo was actually pretty entertaining. Gotta love the Wolverine aspect....
    Last edited by Skullface; June 14, 2010 at 03:12pm.

Ya know I wonder why I even bother watching Microsoft conferences so little of their games appeal to me but dang that was painful. I would have to say Dust from the Pre-Show was the only thing that had my interest. Sony could be just as bad with this four years late motion garbage.

New slim 360 available at retail this week!

$299 includes 250GB HDD and built in Wi-Fi. Good thing my old model has held out this long, cuz I need to upgrade.
    I know I almost want to get one just so when my Halo 3 edition dies again I will have a sleek new one on hand.

I wish it was cheaper though, but at least THIS one has Wi-fi built in. Welcome to 2006 Microsoft!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I know I almost want to get one just so when my Halo 3 edition dies again I will have a sleek new one on hand.

I wish it was cheaper though, but at least THIS one has Wi-fi built in. Welcome to 2006 Microsoft!
    I'm just glad I've held off on upgrading my completely full 20GB HDD. Been really tempted for the last year to buy the 120GB standalone HDD, but I couldn't justify the $130-$180 price tag.

Looks like I can finally have some more space.
    Last edited by Skullface; June 14, 2010 at 03:24pm.

PS3 RULES !! 360 is trash!!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I'm just glad I've held off on upgrading my completely full 20GB HDD. Been really tempted for the last year to buy the 120GB standalone HDD, but I couldn't justify the $130-$180 price tag.

Looks like I can finally have some more space.
    They do now have a 250GB Hard drive that you can buy by itself for 360, and it's for the same price that the 120GB used to be. Still kind of pricey, but you get more space and it's cheaper than buying a whole new system.

But if your current 360 is acting up, it may be worth it to upgrade the whole thing.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

360 slim details:

-5 USB ports - 3 in back, 2 in front
    -Composite video cable included, HMDI port, optical audio port, ethernet port & dedicated Kinect port
    -Kinect on original model 360s will need some kind of Y adapter to plug in (Will most likely come bundled with Kinect hardware)
    -Much smaller power supply
    -1 large internal fan instead of 2 small ones
    -HDD is removable
    -Original model HDDs & Memory units are NOT compatible (You'll need to use a USB flash drive or card reader to transfer data if some kind of transfer kit isn't available)
    -Older model Power Supply is NOT compatible
    -Also comes with black headset and black wireless controller
    -Power button is activated similarly to PS3 (no pressing, just light touch)
    -All other older accessories aside from HDD & Memory Units should be compatible
    -Can be oriented vertically or horizontally

No word yet if older component AV cables are compatible....

EA conference beginning shortly.....

EA updates:
    -Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit announced for November 16 2010 (demoed on PS3)
    -Dead Space 2 demo begins (specifically cut short and told to watch the Sony conference for the ending) 1/25/11 release date
    -New Medal of Honor - Set in Afghanistan - Live 24 player demo begins
    -Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Winter 2010
    -MMA w/EA Sports Live Broadcast - October 19 2010
    -EA Active 2 - multi-platform - 11/16/2010
    -On to Madden - Joe Montana on stage!
    -Sims 3 *trying to stay awake*
    -Crysis 2 - in 3D!
    -Bulletstorm from Epic - new FPS IP - 2/22/11 (Demo looks pretty sweet and over the top)
    -Time for Old Republic!
    -Every player gets their own ship
    -New Trailer! Non-gameplay, but looks amazing!

And that's it - Ubisoft's conference starts in 90 minutes. (8pm ET)
    Last edited by Skullface; June 14, 2010 at 06:29pm.

GR81 says:

So the GR81 is thinking of getting a new ps3 (one per year) and was thinking of Batman in 3D... what do you guys think? Never played the "Game of the year" yet and everywhere i look, it gets great reviews.

So, anybody got the 3D version of the game? Is it worth it? Can we turn off the 3D mode if we are tired of wearing the glasses ?

Sorry for all the questions friends :-)
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

Just got TMNT - Turtles in Time on xbox arcade and I am having a complete blast playing it, this is what games should be like...small, simple, easy to pick up and play and with gameplay that makes you want to do just that
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Ubisoft notes:

-Show starts with a demo of Rez for Kinect - REALLY trippy, but that's Rez...
    -Nevermind, that's not Rez - it's called "Child of Eden" but it's still from Mizuguichi
    -Frickin' Joel McHale's back!
    -Assassin's Creed Brotherhood trailer/demo! Still on target for 11/16/10
    -Ugh, now time for Shaun White Skateboarding
    -Man, this is going on for what seems like forever....
    -Um, now it looks like there are random people playing Lazer Tag in the crowd
    -Yeah - new Lazer Tag-esque game. Seems REALLY lame.....
    -Innergy? ANOTHER vitality based game.....*yawn*
    -Oh God - Your Shape AGAIN?!?!?!?! Didn't we get enough of this during Microsoft's conference?

I have to stop - this conference is making me lose IQ points. If it wasn't for Joel McHale, I would have turned this off after AC......
    Last edited by Skullface; June 14, 2010 at 08:52pm.

another great ad from playstation

a great idea made better
    can't wait to play this for reals

MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

OK, went back and suffered through the rest of the Ubisoft presentation.

Ghost Recon & Driver look OK, new Rayman is welcomed, and the continuing lack of Beyond Good & Evil 2 makes me sad.