Page 291 of 351 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301341 ... LastLast
Results 7,251 to 7,275 of 8757

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    cool.. i didn't even know e3 was going on right now. I'm excited to hear nintendos presentation.. although.. i'll be at work.. trying to buy toys.. so i'll have to catch it some other time.

I hope they spend a lot of time on the wii, but I imagine the 3DS will probably be the topic of discussion.

Just got home and watched the Nintendo conference. They absolutely DESTROYED everything from yesterday!

-Zelda looks great, although it's doubtful to ship this year.
    -Mario Sports Mix basically combines all the previous Mario sports games
    -NEW GOLDENEYE!!!!!! Ships November 2010
    -New Kirby game - 2D platformer with a cool "yarn outline" graphic style
    -Epic Mickey looks absolutely beautiful
    -As has been speculated, Retro Studios have moved on from Metroid and will ship "Donky Kong Country Returns" this holiday! Looks like old school side-scrolling DKC w/NSMB type 2.5D graphics
    -Metroid Other M streets 8/31 - still looks fantastic!
    -3DS is now a MUST purchase for me. Look at this game lineup:
    • Assassin's Creed
    • Resident Evil
    • Kingdom Hearts
    • Metal Gear Solid
    • Batman

-And the show stealer MEGATON for me - KID ICARUS UPRISING FOR 3DS!!!!!! klgtbntrsghustrh;jrbsgf;sntrjsljgfd/ *faints*

Seriously, the 3DS graphics honestly don't look much less powerful than Wii. This thing is gonna be HUGE.....

Sony's show in an hour! I'll be surprised if they can compete w/Ninty's offerings.....
    Last edited by Skullface; June 15, 2010 at 04:53pm.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Well I will be damned, Microsoft goes casual and Nintendo goes hardcore

Its like we woke up in bizarroland

It only took 4 years for MS to include wireless in a console and for Nintendo to bring what people have been asking for for years
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Pffft...a stereo 3D handheld...it's just a gimmick

But seriously, it's a great piece of kit. I've yet to see one in action, but a dev-kit has been sitting behind a screen in my bosses for quite some time. I think I may be seeing it first hand next week, when he finally gets back form E3 and the Japan.

But Metal Gear Solid on the 3DS? SOLD! First day pruchase for me...
    Yesterday returneth not. Tomorrow perhaps cometh not. Today is thine. Misuse it not.

Damn Nintendo, what pure ownage! Now you need icing on the cake. Where is my rpgs. Where is Tales of Graces? Xenoblade? Last Story?

OMG I need the 3DS!! And the Zelda looks amazing, also Donkey Kong is just what I have wanted since the Wii launched

And a new Pilotwings for the 3DS, I almost messed my pants seeing that on the list that came out after the conference!!

Epic Mickey looks 1000x better than it did last fall
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Sony conference streaming missed the first 7 minutes:

-Killzone 3 demoed - February 2011 release date-Will use Move tech at launch
    -Kaz talking 3D gaming
    -Sly Collection announced! (Sly Cooper 1-3)
    -Video montage - Motorstorm, The Fight-Lights Out, Mortal Kombat, Eyepet, Killzone 3, Tumble, GT5, Sly Collection
    -Jack Tretton talking sales - 15th anniversary for PS1, 10th anniversary for PS2
    -Going on to Move
    -Move development discussion video
    -Sorcery - 3rd person action/adventure game announced - demo begins w/Move controller
    -Simulates a drinking motion to have avatar drink a potion - kinda cool
    -Kind of a cross of Zelda & Harry Potter - Spring 2011
    -Moving on to Tiger Woods w/Move
    -Man, if you thought golf was boring, a demo is even moreso....
    -Heroes on the Move announced - cross-over Move game w/Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, and Sly Cooper & Bentley
    -Coca-Cola cross promotion discussed - PS branding on Coke products later this year
    -KEVIN BUTLER!!!!!
    -He takes a dig at Cirque du M$!
    -Ugh - Video feed just went out.........(friggin' G4-on to IGN)
    -Move date - 9/19 in US - $49.99 for wand - $29.99 for subcontroller
    -Move full bundle - PSEye and both controllers - $99.99
    -More Move games montage
    -PSP focus
    -New PSP marketing spots
    -God of War: Ghost of Sparta teaser - SWEET!
    -Upcoming PSP games montage
    -PSN talk
    -The Tester Season 2 open casting begins today
    -E3 2010 Home space running - full replica of Sony's show floor
    -LittleBigPlanet 2
    -Showcasing the new mini-game creation tools
    -back to PSN
    -Playstation Plus - (Premium PSN)
    -$50 for a year - no change to current features for free users
    -early access to demos & betas, free PSN content, PSN store discounts
    -EA partnership discussion
    -Medal of Honor PS3 Exclusive content shown
    -Beta starts 6/21
    -October 12th release date - PS3 exclusive Collector's Edition - comes with remastered MOH: Frontline game
    -Dead Space 2
    -Demo picks up right where the EA conference demo left off
    -Dead Space 2 PS3 exclusive collector's edition - includes DS: Extraction w/Move support
    -WOW - Gabe Newell from Valve shows up onstage!
    -Portal 2 on PS3
    -Wow - Newell says PS3 version will be the best console version
    -Portal 2 footage shown
    -FF14 video shown
    -Mafia 2 PS3 exclusive Day 1 content
    -Assassin's Creed Brotherhood PS3 exclusive content - Beta is also PS3 exclusive
    -another montage of upcoming titles
    -GT5 takes the stage
    -11/2/2010 release date
    -Playable in 3D
    -iNfamous 2!!!
    -Looks awesome - and it seems Cole also gets additional Ice powers in this one
    -Twisted Metal!
    -Sweet Tooth's truck onstage!
    -David Jaffe onstage-demo begins
    -shows off Deathmatch, and new team based mode called "Nuke"

And that's it! The big 3 conferences - Nintendo was easily the best, and M$ was the worst. (IMO)

Konami's show is later tonight. Hope to see more on MGS Rising and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.
    Last edited by Skullface; June 15, 2010 at 05:04pm.

Why did they need to have a demo for Tiger Woods, I cannot imagine that the MOVE version is any different then how you play the Wii M+ version

The Sony show was about as I expected. Much better than Microsoft, at least they have a motion control that works rather than some guy acting out of synch to a video.

Nintendo have stolen E3 this year I think. We all knew that they'd be officialy unveiling the 3DS, but I don't think anybody realised just how good it might be, or what the title line up would be like.

Favorite non-Nintendo release had to be Warhammer 40k:Space Marines by Relic. I just hope you can play as any Space Marine chapter.
    Yesterday returneth not. Tomorrow perhaps cometh not. Today is thine. Misuse it not.

Quote Originally Posted by IronAvatar View Post
    The Sony show was about as I expected. Much better than Microsoft, at least they have a motion control that works rather than some guy acting out of synch to a video.

Nintendo have stolen E3 this year I think. We all knew that they'd be officialy unveiling the 3DS, but I don't think anybody realised just how good it might be, or what the title line up would be like.

Favorite non-Nintendo release had to be Warhammer 40k:Space Marines by Relic. I just hope you can play as any Space Marine chapter.
    Agreed, the lineup for the 3DS is just sick. I mean we have been hearing for weeks that developers were excited but to have games but I did not expect that kind of support off the bat!

I am reading now about Ocarina of time remake for the 3DS

And after watching the official Zelda trailer that game looks absolutely gorgeous

holy crap! new twisted! finally!!!

ps conference was a cool showing. A LOT more kick ass in this system.
    ps3 rules! it's ok kiddies, you can admit it.
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

I'm a little worried about Zelda. It looked like Miyamoto was having more than a little trouble controlling Link. I really hope they don't ruin the game by shipping it with unresponsive controls.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    I'm a little worried about Zelda. It looked like Miyamoto was having more than a little trouble controlling Link. I really hope they don't ruin the game by shipping it with unresponsive controls.
    I doubt it, it would get delayed before shipping with issues. See Wii Sports Resort if you have any worries

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Anybody know where I can watch the full Nintendo conference? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    Anybody know where I can watch the full Nintendo conference? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
    It is in the process of being added to IGN and other sites, but in the short term go to this users page on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/user/THENINTENDOLUMINARY#g/u

He has the Nintendo conference split up into 8 or so parts from the G4 airing

My wife is now adamant about buying Kirby Yarn and Epic Mickey after watching the conference, she was sold in like 2min on Kirby lol

I DVR'ed them today so I need to rewatch the Sony cause I missed some of it from sleep but Nintendo just FINALLY brought their A-game. Donkey Kong OH YEAH I want that game soooooooooooooooo freakin bad.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Quote Originally Posted by vadersfist View Post
    I DVR'ed them today so I need to rewatch the Sony cause I missed some of it from sleep but Nintendo just FINALLY brought their A-game. Donkey Kong OH YEAH I want that game soooooooooooooooo freakin bad.
    I know, ever since Smash Bros came out a few years ago I have been waiting for them to get off their butts and make a non-rhythm game Donkey Kong!

Footage of MGS3DS being played, supposedly Resident Evil on the 3DS is jaw dropping

I think Twisted Metal and Donkey Kong were the biggest hits with me. I knew in my gut that TM was going to be revealed, but when the screen panned up to show Sweettooth, I literally cheered out loud. I have sunk COUNTLESS hours of awesome gameplay into that series (1, 2, and Black mostly), and look forward to that same rewarding experience all over again on the PS3.

Donkey Kong I was absolutely not expecting, but got the biggest grin on my face seeing that it went back to its roots. I will be getting that game the day it comes out, just like Twisted Metal.

Also, I wasn't really going crazy for the 3DS (I still have my old DS Lite and haven't upgrade, nor do I intend to), but after seeing Nintendo's presentation, I will HAVE to get that. Taking 3D photos?? WOW.

On a side note, I don't think Microsoft did anything at all for me this year. I can't even remember any games that I was really crazy for (Gears 3, but I guess that's really it). Sony really surprised me the most, with a pretty nice showing all around. Killzone 3 looks amazing.

But yeah, Twisted Metal, Donkey Kong, and the 3DS are must buys for me.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

For those worried about the Zelda-snafu at the conference, several sites have reported that at Nintendo's roundtable event, the controls responded just fine. Miyamoto attributed his control difficulty to "Too many nearby devices interfering with the sensor bar"

Take that for what it's worth.....

They also asked about the absence of Pikmin 3. The response was that it wasn't where it needed to be to show off just yet.

Also of note, judging by Nintendo's conference, (and the last few years of painful presentations) they stated that E3 isn't really the type of show for major focus on casual/bridge titles. (Which also explains the lack of the Vitality sensor from last year)

For those of you considering upgrading your 360 to a slim, Gamestop has a pretty decent trade deal that starts Thursday:

For your current 360 console(no HDD), power brick, A/V cables & 1 controller (either wired or wireless) you get $100 in credit toward a slim purchase. For accessories that are incompatible w/the slilm, here's the trade-in break down of what they're offering ONLY in conjunction with this deal:

20GB HDD - $30
    60GB HDD - $35
    120GB HDD - $40
    250GB HDD - $45
    64MB Memory card - $10
    256MB Memory card - $14
    512MB Memory card - $18
    Wireless G Network Adapter - $40
    Wireless N Network Adapter (MUST include software disc) - $50
    Wired controller - $20
    Wireless controller - $25

All items must be traded in together, with the exception of the HDD, which you have 7 days to bring in to get the additional credit. Gamestop currently has another promotion going on that nets you an additional $25 above what you would normally receive for any console trade-in. Typically, this won't stack with the slim promo, but YMMV if you push hard enough. And if you have an EDGE card, you get an additional 10%.

In addition to the $100 I'd get outta the gate, I have a 20GB HDD, 512MB card and the G adaptor, so I'd be looking at $188. ($213 if I can get that extra $25) Gonna sift through my Wii library and pull out a bunch of stinkers I haven't played in years, and see if I can manage to get around $230 total.
    Last edited by Skullface; June 16, 2010 at 04:47am.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    20GB HDD - $30
    60GB HDD - $35
    120GB HDD - $40
    250GB HDD - $45
    64MB Memory card - $10
    256MB Memory card - $14
    512MB Memory card - $18
    Wireless G Network Adapter - $40
    Wireless N Network Adapter (MUST include software disc) - $50
    Wired controller - $20
    Wireless controller - $25
    Are the controllers not compatible with the new system?

If we hang onto our old hard drives for a few days after trading in the system, is there a way to transfer the info to the new 360?

Also, even though the new 360 doesn't use the old hard drives, is there a way to swap out the new hard drive with another if we wanted to?

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia
    Are the controllers not compatible with the new system?

If we hang onto our old hard drives for a few days after trading in the system, is there a way to transfer the info to the new 360?
    Old Controllers I think work, at least I have not heard any different

From what I read yesterday if you have the Xbox Transfer Cable then you would plug that into the drive and then the USB part into the new 360

Here is a little FAQ about the new system with questions for people upgrading http://www.xboxic.com/news/6253

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    For those worried about the Zelda-snafu at the conference, several sites have reported that at Nintendo's roundtable event, the controls responded just fine. Miyamoto attributed his control difficulty to "Too many nearby devices interfering with the sensor bar"

Take that for what it's worth.....
    Gonintendo posted their impressions and they confirmed that it must have been some interference messing up the E3 demos because the game plays perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Gonintendo.com
    When I had my demo session, even I was worried that the on-stage hiccups we saw were going to be related to the game itself, and not the mysterious connectivity issues. The very first thing I tried out was the use of the bow and arrow, to see if I could aim and take down the same spiders that troubled Miyamoto. It took me three shots, and I took out each one with my first shot. If that doesn't speak volumes for the accuracy of the control setup, I don't know what does.

It's obvious that the MotionPlus support for this title is going to be a major part of the gameplay. Not only does it add 1:1 control for the title, it's these controls that are allowing Nintendo to add in some very new and specific enemy types. This new control scheme could end up changing the combat mechanics of Zelda from here on out.

Battles against even minor baddies now require some skill. You can't just swing away wildly with a Wiimote wiggle or smash of a button. You're going to have to study your opponents approach, look for the holes in their defense, and go in for the kill at opportune moments. Every enemy I encountered took some sort of specific control approach to take care of. Things really picked up when I fought off enemies that had swords as well. It became a back and forth parry situation that reminded me of the Zelda II days, but in a much more realized version of that combat.

This new type of combat really makes you feel like you're getting into a battle with the opponent, rather than just swatting at them. You have to get inside the mind of the foe you're up against, be that a lowly henchmen or a giant scorpion. A feeling of freshness flowed over me as I fought my way through the demo. Zelda was challenging me in a new way with its combat, and it was unlike anything else the series has ever offered.
    And man am I getting pumped for the 3DS, Ocarina of Time remake and SSFIV are just two more I saw this morning that made me all giddy. That smaller screen with the 3D capability is going to get a lot of support from developers

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Hmmm... I'm debating on upgrading my 360. On the one hand, the Gamestop deal is pretty good. But at the same time, I'd almost be interested in getting the new 360 and still keeping my old one as a back up.

Either way, I'm still looking at having to cough up $200 to $300. Which wouldn't be so bad, but my wife and I are currently looking at getting a new computer.

Then again, I just had my airconditioning checked yesterday (I had paid for the base service call back in the fall along with my heating system check for this past winter), and I was expecting to have to pay $100 to $200 for them to add frion (sp?), but they didn't have to add that much and they didn't end up charging me anything extra for it, so I guess I could sort of justify using that money towards a 360, even though I shouldn't.

The 3DS is sounding very cool. I haven't read all the specs on it yet... will it still play the regular DS games?

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I am definitely getting the 3DS. I mean, look at that sweet line up of games, people! Even SUPER Street Fighter IV will be released on it, as well as a remake of Metal gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, a game I absolutely loved on the PS2.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    The 3DS is sounding very cool. I haven't read all the specs on it yet... will it still play the regular DS games?
    Yes, it should. I remeber reading that it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Yes it will play all standard DS games (including any DSi specific games), it is fully backwards compatible