Page 293 of 351 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,325 of 8761

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Heroic Warrior
    I loved almost everything I saw from E3 last week and preordered alot of stuff at Gamestop like Playstation move and Kinect. The guy at Gamestop said something a bit weird but funny he was ringing up my preorder and another employee saw I was ordering Kinect and he brought up the fact that last E3 when it was announced as Project Natal they showed off the AI Milo and what people could expect from him and this year no mention of Milo and the guy who was helping me said he heard a rumor that Milo's AI got too smart and he wouldnt play with anyone else but the demonstrator and the people who worked on him cause he didnt know the new people coming in to try the game out so they pulled the plug for now. The other guy joked that he guessed Milo didnt like anyone else unless you spend alot of time with him to get to know him so when/if they come out with Milo people instead of bringing back his game saying they didnt like it they would say they were returning it due to the game not liking them. I heard some people are a little creeped out with kinect it can see and hear you like microsoft is watching you but I still want to try it.
    Last edited by scroogemcd77; June 20, 2010 at 11:11pm.

I'm selling my 360 since I purchased a slim....and I'm trying to restore it to factory settings, does anyone remember how to do this? Was there some code you put in just by pressing buttons to make a window pop up asking if you wanted to restore it to factory settings?
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Quote Originally Posted by HordakQuack View Post
    I'm selling my 360 since I purchased a slim....and I'm trying to restore it to factory settings, does anyone remember how to do this? Was there some code you put in just by pressing buttons to make a window pop up asking if you wanted to restore it to factory settings?

This was the quickest thing I could find.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

I finally got the platinum trophy in Prince of Persia. Took me three playthorughs because the first two times it glitched on me, preventing me from getting the final trophy. It was annoying.

Did anybody pick up Transformers today? Want to know if its worthwhile offline or if its a game that is only going to be good playing online with others.

Also what is the verdict on the new 360, worthwhile upgrade?
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Did anybody pick up Transformers today? Want to know if its worthwhile offline or if its a game that is only going to be good playing online with others.

There's a demo for it for the 360

Quote Originally Posted by AnnnaMot View Post
    There's a demo for it for the 360
    I thought that was for XBL Gold members only?
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

so what do you find stupid in games? I don't men poor AI or people who cheat, just silly little things that you tend to notice but don't actually affect the game..much

for example

Grenades in some (ok a lot) of games will kill people in a blood soaked gory fashion and yet everything else from wooden stools to paper cups will remain fixed firmly in place

you can shoot ppl through brick walls...yet chain link fences will protect you from EVERYTHING (no doubt including a nuclear strike)

Your armor which is capable of withstanding combined a sustained fire from hundreds of people with SMGs and rocket launchers is no match for a knife which can kill you instantly...even if you get stabbed in the toe

so anything you notice that you find...stupid?
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

The general consensus seems to be that the game is easily the best Transformers game ever made. Honestly, the only negative things I've heard about it are that the single player/co-op campaign is very short, (About 3-4 hours each for both the Autobot & Decepticon factions, so 6-8 hours total) and the character customization is very limited. Everything else I've read is virtually nothing but praise. That being said, it sounds to me that the online multiplayer is going to be the big draw for the long haul. I played the demo, and even though I completely suck at it, I still had a blast.

My buddy managed to get it yesterday, thanks to his local Sears breaking street date. He can't stop raving about it, but I take it w/a grain of salt, as he's a DIE-HARD TF fan. They had it up & running at a Best Buy I stopped at today, and after playing a bit of the single player, I'm VERY tempted to get it this week. (But most likely I'll wait for a sale/price drop, as I rarely pick up games on launch day unless it's a major want for me)

As far as the new 360, I guess it depends on how your current system & accessories are functioning. I did the Gamestop trade-in, as my original 20GB system I purchased in October 2006 RROD'd just after 2 years, and the replacement unit I've had since then was out of warranty, and had been having issues reading discs for the last few months. My HDD was full, and to spend $130 for a bigger one was too rich for my blood. My flash drives/memory cards get too much use back & forth between devices to keep 1 installed all the time, so to buy a 16GB would be around $40, double that for 2, and that's still more than I'd like to spend just on storage, especially with the system acting wonky, and more than likely, I'd have to repair/replace it soon anyway.

The new 360 system is SO much quieter & faster than my old one, and to have built-in N-wireless instead of the external G-adapter I had, has stabilized my online connection a lot. Plus, w/the 250GB HDD, I have plenty of new storage space, with enough room to install games on my HDD w/o having to delete DLC, putting less wear & tear on my disc drive. Based on what was shown at E3, I have no interest in Kinect, but it's nice to know I have a dedicated port for it, if & when it becomes affordable and has good titles to use it with, and I wouldn't need to add a 2nd power supply to the old "giant brick". The new power supply is significantly smaller than the old one, but it's still hefty enough-bigger than the Wii's brick.

Other little things are a nice touch, like the touch activation on the power button & disc tray, ala PS3, but obviously, not a real selling point.

I guess bottom line, if Gamestop wasn't doing the trade-in promo, and my system didn't have any issues, I probably would have held off. But overall, I'm quite pleased with the new system, and glad I have it. (Especially since I was able to pay the entire purchase w/credit!) If your current system is working fine, you have enough storage space, and your warranty isn't expiring anytime soon, I'd say hold off for now. If your situation is like mine, take advantage of the promo while you can!
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Man oh man, I'm absolutely loving Transformers right now. Been playing it since I got it. The controls and characters are all fantastic in this. The variety of weapons, though they seem somewhat limited at first, really offer a wide range of playstyles depending on which two you stick with, and the transforming itself is so much fun.

As the Decepticons, I leapt down from a balcony, switched into my tank mode on the way down, and landed behind some Autobots firing on a friend's position (he was at a bar of life and was calling out to me for help). As soon as I landed, I fired off a tank shot right in the back of one autobot, taking him out. I moved up fast, thrusters going full tilt, blew away the second one before he could fire on me, and just as the third started hitting me, I changed into bot mode from a full charge and took him out with my hammer.

It was so exciting.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

I also went today to pick up my pre-order on TF WFC game today and WOW I am just in AWE right know with how cool this game is.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

IGN has put up its review for the Transformers game for 360 and PS3 and they gave it a 9/10.

Court Magician sandrockgundam04's Avatar

War for Cybertron

Any other .orgers playing this? Picked it up for the PS3 and played it damn near all day yesterday, so much that I was fighting it out for the #1/#2 spot on multiplayer deathmatch leaderboards nearly all day until I went to bed. I'm sure I'll log in today to see I've been knocked down a few spots...

Anyway, if anyone wants to play my name on the PSN is the same as here, sandrockgundam04.

I've been fortunate enough to get to mess around with some of the E3 demos for the 3DS in the last couple of days.

My initial impression is basically, forget anything that anybody is telling you. No matter how negative or positive they are, they can't adequately express how it feels to see stereo 3D with the naked eye. It's a whole new experience, especially when the software does it properly.

It gave me the feeling of "I've seen it, now I want to own one". The stereo 3D works so well and it's hard to get your head around that fact. People are going to wander into stores, see it at the POS stands and then they'll spend a few seconds finding the viewing sweet spot. When they get it, they're going to want to buy one, no questions asked.

The more frugal among them may want to see a few good games on the system first. But you know, from what I've seen so far; that's not going to be an issue.

(didn't realise that Transformers was out. My have to order that on PS3!)
    Yesterday returneth not. Tomorrow perhaps cometh not. Today is thine. Misuse it not.

Quote Originally Posted by IronAvatar View Post
    I've been fortunate enough to get to mess around with some of the E3 demos for the 3DS in the last couple of days.

My initial impression is basically, forget anything that anybody is telling you. No matter how negative or positive they are, they can't adequately express how it feels to see stereo 3D with the naked eye. It's a whole new experience, especially when the software does it properly.

It gave me the feeling of "I've seen it, now I want to own one". The stereo 3D works so well and it's hard to get your head around that fact. People are going to wander into stores, see it at the POS stands and then they'll spend a few seconds finding the viewing sweet spot. When they get it, they're going to want to buy one, no questions asked.

The more frugal among them may want to see a few good games on the system first. But you know, from what I've seen so far; that's not going to be an issue.

(didn't realise that Transformers was out. My have to order that on PS3!)
    I wanted the 3DS before but now with your comments I want it even more

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I'm definately getting a 3DS! Even though I know that Nintendo will probably redesign it a couple of times down the road with improvements that I will later want as well.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I wanted the 3DS before but now with your comments I want it even more
    Same here!
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Rented Transformers, what a pretty awesome game. I think I will buy it once it's come down $20-30 since the main game is so short

Jewwario checks out the new Scribblenauts:

The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Evil Master of Warcraft
    What are the graphics like in this new DS?

I thought the Wii looked cool too until I played it. Graphics were a major fail. I still think it is the most over-hyped system ever.

I do still love my regular DS, so I'm hopeful.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    What are the graphics like in this new DS?

I thought the Wii looked cool too until I played it. Graphics were a major fail. I still think it is the most over-hyped system ever.

I do still love my regular DS, so I'm hopeful.
    Think better then PSP/PS2, high quality Gamecube and Wii on a small screen, the Resident Evil demos and MGS3 are extraordinary to look at

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    so what do you find stupid in games?
    Unskippable cut scenes.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    I still think (Wii) is the most over-hyped system ever.
    For sure. I actually think that Nintendo will have a hard time selling their next console. Think about it: Wii has sold like crazy to casual gamers who are big enough suckers to dig the shovelware (read: crap) that comes out for it. Those guys are casual, in other words, they'll be happy with the Wii forever and never feel the need to upgrade. Like my Father-in-law, he's had a Wii for a few years. Every time I see him he asks if I've been playing Golf on Wii Sports lately! It's the only game he owns, and he still plays it. He'll never need a new system for the rest of his life.

Then there's many hardcore gamers who have the Wii (like me, a life-long Nintendo fan) who are so fed up with it sucking that many will stay away from the next Nintendo console, at least until it proves it's worthiness, which might be difficult.

now I am a harcore gamer...and I love my Wii and will happily buy the next one, just as I will happily buy the PS4 and next Xbox
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    For sure. I actually think that Nintendo will have a hard time selling their next console. Think about it: Wii has sold like crazy to casual gamers who are big enough suckers to dig the shovelware (read: crap) that comes out for it. Those guys are casual, in other words, they'll be happy with the Wii forever and never feel the need to upgrade. Like my Father-in-law, he's had a Wii for a few years. Every time I see him he asks if I've been playing Golf on Wii Sports lately! It's the only game he owns, and he still plays it. He'll never need a new system for the rest of his life.

Then there's many hardcore gamers who have the Wii (like me, a life-long Nintendo fan) who are so fed up with it sucking that many will stay away from the next Nintendo console, at least until it proves it's worthiness, which might be difficult.
    Doubtful, the Wii is following the same example set by the Gameboy/DS. When the Wii HD comes people will buy it. The people like your dad are not he ones that make up the initial bulk of the sales, they come along once the library is established. Just look at how the Wii is progressing, most people here gave up on it or at least put it to the side till NSMB Wii came out, now its got a crapload of high quality games on the horizon that nobody expected thanks to E3 but at the same time the next Wii Play (Wii Party) is coming along to add in even more people.

They will have absolutely no problem selling their next console, you can bookmark this post and come back to it in a few years for reference. The 3DS proves that the company is just one step ahead when it comes to where to go next

As long as they continue to innovate and do not fall into the Gamecube trap of trying to just be better than its competitors. They have learned by now that the only way for them to thrive is to consider themselves as in a different league all together, if they get into a ******* contest over hardware specs and aim only for the hardcore then yes they will epic fail.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    The 3DS proves that the company is just one step ahead when it comes to where to go next
    Wii Version:
    I love mario kart. So, I got the one for the Wii. A few of my real life friends did also. We wanted to race each other. So I call my buddy and ask what his wii number is, then I have to enter 4589-9685-9852-8645. Then I have to read him my number 5289-9584-1254-6365. He then gives a good friend of his/aquaintence of mine my instant messenger info on the computer. Then we swap numbers. Then we all IM a fourth person for their info. 1/2 of the people involved have their computers in a separate room and have to go back and forth. We finally get around to racing, but we can't trash talk each other. We IM back and forth, and wait for the two people to go check thier computers. It repeats to see what course everyone wants to do. Back to the PCs to debate, then back to the Wiis to enjoy lackluster graphics and communication.

360 version: My buddy told me his gamertag once upon a time and it was easy to remember. I added him, saw he was online, invited him for some co-op action, we played Gears of War and talked to each other the whole time pwning face in HD with great graphics.

That is why I think the Wii fails. I gave the Wii to my niece and nephew about a week later.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980