Page 296 of 352 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346 ... LastLast
Results 7,376 to 7,400 of 8798

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

This space for rent, apparently.....

I was pretty shocked by the Street Fighter X Tekken and Tekken X Street Fighter game announcement.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Oh. My. Freaking. GOD!!!!!
    That was something, did you signup for the Beta yet? I did it for the PS3 just because that one is more likely to see playtime then the PC

http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/en/beta/
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    That was something, did you signup for the Beta yet? I did it for the PS3 just because that one is more likely to see playtime then the PC

http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/en/beta/
    Yup - I signed up as soon as it was available. Definitely grabbing this on PS3. My PC's too outdated for good gaming.....

Damn, is DCU online not coming out for Xbox???
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    Damn, is DCU online not coming out for Xbox???
    Nope, not yet anyway. Its a Sony online property so that limits it somewhat given they want to push it on the PS3.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I'm not a fan of MMO's at all, but I must say Bioware's Star Wars MMO has me intrigued enough to at least try it.

Has anyone been keeping up with Mortal Kombat 9 news?
    I picked up the new EGM, and there's this whole big write up on it that goes into more detail than the E3 clips we saw before. Looks like it might actually be really good. They cited differences between MK9, and SSIV despite the fact both are going back to 2.5D, and have supers, but also think their looking at the same place in terms of audience. It was an interesting read.
    Basically they admitted MK had always been a lot more of a pick up, and goof around fighter with over the topness, while Street Fighter had always been more technical. So they felt Capcom realized they maybe got too technical with SF3, while they realized Midway (Now WB) hadn't been technical enough with the 3D MK's.
    Which I guess I can kind of see. I always enjoyed both series, but always played Street Fighter more because of that extra depth. But to me SF never got TOO over the top with the difficulty. At the same time the one thing about MK that I've kind of hated since MK3 has been dial a combos which thankfully seem to be going away for good in MK9. But I also concede that my friends who don't play a lot of video games won't play many fighters with me because I'm "Too good" (Even though if they saw me play online they'ed see I have no chance of ever winning a tournament )
    But throw on MK Armageddon on the Wii, and everyone suddenly has a good time doing stage fatalities.

Anyway if you see the EGM on the stand pick it up. It's a good article.

Also SF Vs. Tekken, and Tekken Vs. SF will probably be very good. Too bad they'll set you back $120 because you know you're buying both
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    I'm not a fan of MMO's at all, but I must say Bioware's Star Wars MMO has me intrigued enough to at least try it.
    If my PC was powerful enough to play it, THAT would have been my 1st MMO choice. However, the amount of $$$ I would need to spend to either upgrade my PC or purchase a new one will be better spent playing DCU Online on a PS3 I don't have to upgrade.....

If my PC was powerful enough to play it, THAT would have been my 1st MMO choice. However, the amount of $$$ I would need to spend to either upgrade my PC or purchase a new one will be better spent playing DCU Online on a PS3 I don't have to upgrade.....
    Honestly upgrading a PC doesn't cost that much anymore. Assuming worst case scenario you could buy a games capable pc for a little more than a 360.

Anyhoo, Bioware, and also Blizzard tend to have really low point of entries on their games. The official requirements aren't out yet, but I'd be willing to bet you could get away with a Dual Core processor, 2GB Ram, and any graphics card made in the last 3 years. Probably not at the prettiest settings, but plenty playable enough, with console level visiuals. A quick look on newegg shows a build like that would be around $340. For around $500 you could go Quad Core, 4GB, and a midrange card which would blow away a console.
    The Deviot
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Oh man, I have to get my hands on Street Fighter x Tekken!

Also, is DC Universe online going to be free on PS3, or will it have some stupid subscription service to play online like WoW?

DCU Online will cost $14.99/month to play. No cross play between PC & PS3 users......

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1108657p1.html

DCU Online will cost $14.99/month to play. No cross play between PC & PS3 users......

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1108657p1.html
    Well, then I will have to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
    Well, then I will have to pass.
    It'd be nice if they at least made the disc under $20, or included a 2-3 month subscription if the full $50.

Most likely, the game will be $50 retail, and it'll include a trial for a month or less.....
    Last edited by Skullface; July 26, 2010 at 10:02pm.

It'd be nice if they at least made the disc under $20, or included a 2-3 month subscription if the full $50.

Most likely, the game will be $50 retail, and it'll include a trial for a month or less.....
    Yeah I am sure it will come with at least 1-2 months free. I wonder if you could use PSN cards

Picked up Split Second for Windows today. Really expected a so-so racer, but it's actually an awful lot of fun. Have yet to play multiplayer, but the stage obstacles are always eliciting the following emotional response

Seriously though, Disney somehow picked up a great game to publish
    The Deviot

-?

Yeah I am sure it will come with at least 1-2 months free. I wonder if you could use PSN cards
    I just read somewhere earlier that it will come with 1 month included. If you can't use PSN cards, I'm sure they will come out with DCUO prepaid cards, like all the other MMOs.....

Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty have been released yesterday.

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...es.html?100727

It also released on Malaysia on the same date.
    The Malaysian price are 250 MYR in one CD or 50 or 60 USD.

Bad News? You can only play with your friends in your region. So I can't play this game with the people in He-Man.org sadly.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty have been released yesterday.

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...es.html?100727

It also released on Malaysia on the same date.
    The Malaysian price are 250 MYR in one CD or 50 or 60 USD.

Bad News? You can only play with your friends in your region. So I can't play this game with the people in He-Man.org sadly.
    That is too bad, right now the only orger I know that has it is GeologyMule

I got the Collectors Edition, but I stink online so if we were to play online I am sure I would be handing out victories

That is too bad, right now the only orger I know that has it is GeologyMule

I got the Collectors Edition, but I stink online so if we were to play online I am sure I would be handing out victories
    Give me your Exclusive dog tag.

I might buy your dog tag one day Markatisu. I heard that I can join in your server but I think you can't join the other region.

By the way, did you go to the midnight launching? dude you're fast.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    By the way, did you go to the midnight launching? dude you're fast.
    Nope, I had to work the next day so I just preordered online when it was first announced. The first 2-3 days for Blizzard games suck anyway because everyone is taking down the servers trying to activate

The single player campaign is just awesome though, its been 12 years and worth the wait !

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I got the collectors edition also. I had to get my gf to dig through a pile and luckily she found my receipt and went and picked it up for me, but it may ne next week before I can play it.

I talked with my friend at blizzard a few days ago and it went something like this.....

What's up

Busy busy (getting ready for launch)

You think you are busy? I have to finish leveling my shaman, get into the new instance (ruby sanctum on wow), down the lichen king, get my goblin and worsen leveled up on the beta server, go through the high level content on my main, and now play Star Craft 2. You all are killing me.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    down the lichen king
    I thought Moss Man was the lichen king.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    I thought Moss Man was the lichen king.
    As much as I love my Android phone, the automatic spell check is driving me nuts
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I was pretty shocked by the Street Fighter X Tekken and Tekken X Street Fighter game announcement.
    cool! i'm thinking the tekkenXsf will look and play more like a tekken game and not sf. that is the version i want. sf can go 3d and as cool as the video looked i'm not that into tekken 2d idea. i think a lot of the tekken experience would get lost in 2d. i like the tekken series better anyway.
    if they do release both styles i'll probably end up with both

did you see this vid. love the crowd reaction
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6U7jZ-qMfI
    Last edited by MANGLORD; July 28, 2010 at 05:40pm.
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

If anyone has been following the smart practice of NOT buying Ubisoft games at launch, (Considering they price drop faster than any other company out there) I just read that Target will have Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands on sale next week for PS3/360 for only $20.

No word yet if the Wii version will follow suit, but it seems likely. It got moderate to decent reviews, and the price is in the sweet spot. (Glad I held off on the last few weeks of $29.99 sales) Provided Mattycollector doesn't break the bank for me on Monday, I'm gonna add this to my backlog ASAP!