Page 297 of 352 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307347 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,425 of 8798

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Anyone played or bought the add-on to TF's War For Cybertron game yet. I just got the DLC yesterday for it and hadn't had a chance play but hoping really soon though.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Quote Originally Posted by vadersfist View Post
    Anyone played or bought the add-on to TF's War For Cybertron game yet. I just got the DLC yesterday for it and hadn't had a chance play but hoping really soon though.
    Yeah, I was playing it last night. I love the two new characters (I had been using the preorders for a while, but they're all great, too). I particularly love Onslaught's chassis, due to how HEAVY he seems. The way he moves, the way he kinda THUDS into vehicle mode without any fancey flips or spins. If Soundwave were a Middleweight leader-class, Onslaught would be a Super Heavyweight. Great in Escalation, since he has a barrier, and the nuke rocket abilities (just be careful for your barrier when firing the rocket!).

The new levels are interesting. Havok is basically a bunch of square rooms interconnected either by flat hallways, ramps going up, or ramps going down, and there are catwalks over everyroom, so you literally have people coming at you from any angle.

Fortress is awesome, but huge. Lots of colors in the various areas. It's like a mix of the prison at Iacon, with an actual military base with catwalks, big, grated ramps going up in huge chambers, and lots of side rooms and halls that have various themes to them (one is like a generator room, one is a command room, one is a torture chamber, one is the prison, etc.). Very neat map, but tough to get around right now since I haven't played it enough. There's no way to specify what level you want to play.

The escalation maps I played only briefly. Autobot one feels WAY more open than the last, essentially a bunch of wide open streets, courtyards, city squares, etc. instead of just a single street and buildings/rooms around it like the last Autobot map. I got swarmed on my own pretty quick.

The Decepticon one I didn't get to play in for more than maybe 30 seconds before dying. It looks like a big...building that you're running around rooms inside of, I think. I was playing Onslaught and did something really stupid (see above where I mentioned what NOT to do when playing him).

Well worth the money, though. And I hear the mortar launcher weapon got improved, too (more damage, sped up time between shots).
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Do you think we could hook up in playing cause I am not really that good at multiplayer anyway. If you want, let me get an ID and I send you mine and we can play some on PS3 if thats the console you have. I would really like to play with someone better then me so I could get the feel of it with a pro at my side.

Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post
    Yeah, I was playing it last night. I love the two new characters (I had been using the preorders for a while, but they're all great, too). I particularly love Onslaught's chassis, due to how HEAVY he seems. The way he moves, the way he kinda THUDS into vehicle mode without any fancey flips or spins. If Soundwave were a Middleweight leader-class, Onslaught would be a Super Heavyweight. Great in Escalation, since he has a barrier, and the nuke rocket abilities (just be careful for your barrier when firing the rocket!).

The new levels are interesting. Havok is basically a bunch of square rooms interconnected either by flat hallways, ramps going up, or ramps going down, and there are catwalks over everyroom, so you literally have people coming at you from any angle.

Fortress is awesome, but huge. Lots of colors in the various areas. It's like a mix of the prison at Iacon, with an actual military base with catwalks, big, grated ramps going up in huge chambers, and lots of side rooms and halls that have various themes to them (one is like a generator room, one is a command room, one is a torture chamber, one is the prison, etc.). Very neat map, but tough to get around right now since I haven't played it enough. There's no way to specify what level you want to play.

The escalation maps I played only briefly. Autobot one feels WAY more open than the last, essentially a bunch of wide open streets, courtyards, city squares, etc. instead of just a single street and buildings/rooms around it like the last Autobot map. I got swarmed on my own pretty quick.

The Decepticon one I didn't get to play in for more than maybe 30 seconds before dying. It looks like a big...building that you're running around rooms inside of, I think. I was playing Onslaught and did something really stupid (see above where I mentioned what NOT to do when playing him).

Well worth the money, though. And I hear the mortar launcher weapon got improved, too (more damage, sped up time between shots).

I only have it on 360, but shoot me a PM. I'd be happy to give you some pointers. I hear this weekend is a double xp weekend, so it's a great time to spend honing your skills while also levelling up quickly.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Will do friend, cause I could surelly use some. I will get ya a PM sometime possibly tonight if not tommorow when I start playing.

don't know if this is posted anywhere

but

if you pause a video on youtube and then hold the left arrow button...you get to play the snake game
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Really? That rocks.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

ya but it doesn't seem to work with vids with annotations or anything
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

I haven't really been keeping up with this thread, but I want it known that I just got Dragon Quest IX on the DS (and am about to finish Glory of Heracles, and also finished Zelda: Spirit Tracks).

Dang - Still a year away from Arkham Asylum 2.....

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1110583p1.html
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Yeah I read where Batman ark 2 was going to be next yr sometime. I read where it was Jan 3rd but that can't be write by any means at all. So more then likly it will be around spring time though.

Funny, I just finished playing through the first game on hard mode. I finished it before on normal. Now I just need to finish the challenges to get 100% complete, which would be my first 100% game (I don't play games too too much). But man, those challenges are hard!!
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Bowlz View Post
    and also finished Zelda: Spirit Tracks).
    I did that also a little while back. I didn't do all the side quests, but it was good.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    Funny, I just finished playing through the first game on hard mode. I finished it before on normal. Now I just need to finish the challenges to get 100% complete, which would be my first 100% game (I don't play games too too much). But man, those challenges are hard!!
    Yeah, Shock & Awe (Extreme) & Sewer Bat (Extreme) almost cost me some controllers.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Need a little help. I got a PS3 back when the HD war was over. About 20 minutes after I got one for the blu ray, I had to give my parent my HDTV. I've watched a few movies on my PS3 and played some of God of War. Needless to say it hasn't been used much at all.

I've had to temporarily move in with my parents and I brought my PS3 to wach some HD. I keep getting warnings to charge my controller. I've plugged it into the PS3 while it is on/standby. I've plugged it into two different PCs running Windows 7, and I can't get it to charge.

I've tried using two different usb to micro usb cables, but not the original one that came with it and I can't get it to charge. I just keep getting a fast blinking red light on the "1" and I've even tried using a push pin to reset it.

I hadn't used it in a while and it still had juice in it from a while back. So, the battery seems to be holding a charge for a long time, but I can't get it charge. When I hit the PS button while the PS3 is on there are no bars on the charge level on screen.

Advice?
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    Need a little help. I got a PS3 back when the HD war was over. About 20 minutes after I got one for the blu ray, I had to give my parent my HDTV. I've watched a few movies on my PS3 and played some of God of War. Needless to say it hasn't been used much at all.

I've had to temporarily move in with my parents and I brought my PS3 to wach some HD. I keep getting warnings to charge my controller. I've plugged it into the PS3 while it is on/standby. I've plugged it into two different PCs running Windows 7, and I can't get it to charge.

I've tried using two different usb to micro usb cables, but not the original one that came with it and I can't get it to charge. I just keep getting a fast blinking red light on the "1" and I've even tried using a push pin to reset it.

I hadn't used it in a while and it still had juice in it from a while back. So, the battery seems to be holding a charge for a long time, but I can't get it charge. When I hit the PS button while the PS3 is on there are no bars on the charge level on screen.

Advice?
    Try the original charging cable, if you still have it. In my experience, the controllers only seem to respond to that one for some reason. It may have also lost its sync connection to your PS3. To resync, hit the power button on the system to turn on the PS3, plug the controller into the USB port using the original cable, and then hit the PS button on the controller. Might not be the issue, but outside of that, it sounds like the controller has decided to die. Is it a Sixaxis controller or a Dualshock 3? The Sixaxis controllers are absolute crap, and often decide to quit functioning for no reason.

However, if the controller HAS died, and you only use the system for Blu-Ray, the remote is like 1/3-1/2 the price of a regular Dualshock 3 controller, and has all the same functionality.....

I agree with Skullface. If your controller is toast, just get the remote. It makes watching movies so much easier.

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I have the remote and it wasn't working properly. The navigation was all screwed up. I was messing around with the accessory settings and resynced it and the remote seems to work ok.

I'll try the original cable when I get to my gf's house (if I can find it). Still odd though, you would think any normal USB cable would work?

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    I'll try the original cable when I get to my gf's house (if I can find it). Still odd though, you would think any normal USB cable would work?
    It does work with any USB cable, I have used 3 generics and charged my PS3 controller just fine.

It only does not work if the controller itself is shot (which happened to my brother).
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

With The Sly Collection & Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collections on the way, Ubisoft seems to be following suit - Splinter Cell & Prince of Persia trilogy collections spotted on Amazon France:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1111137p1.html

Will definitely get PoP!

New details on Arkham City emerge:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=259321

Looks like it won't be "Metroid style" where you lose your gear from the first game - you start off with what you had at the end of Arkham Asylum, and you get smoke bombs!
    Last edited by Skullface; August 10, 2010 at 05:24pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    With The Sly Collection & Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collections on the way, Ubisoft seems to be following suit - Splinter Cell & Prince of Persia trilogy collections spotted on Amazon France:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1111137p1.html

Will definitely get PoP!
    They need to stop and just give us back backwards compatibility.
    Last edited by GP Legend; August 10, 2010 at 11:06pm.

Did you see the news? Over 30 million Wii consoles have been sold in the US alone since launch. That's mind-boggling to me.

Quote Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
    They need to stop and just give us back backwards compatibility.
    99% sure it's not gonna happen. Considering M$ stopped updating BC on the 360 and moved toward offering Xbox Originals to download, I don't see Sony giving BC back when they can make more $$$ by releasing these remastered PS2 collections. Especially with the PS2 hardware still moving decent numbers in console sales, considering it's a 10 year old system.

*IF* Sony finally puts the nail in the coffin of the PS2 for good, and sales for these collections drop off, *maybe* then they'll think about giving BC back, but realistically, I don't see it happening. (Though I'd be happy if they did.)

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Did you see the news? Over 30 million Wii consoles have been sold in the US alone since launch. That's mind-boggling to me.
    What's even more mind boggling is seeing the software attach rate to the number of systems sold. I *think* last I read, it's only something like only 2-3 titles sold per console. People are buying the system, but not buying games. Not to beat a dead horse, but the amount of shovelware released for the Wii makes the ENTIRE PS2 library look stellar by comparison. (Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of great Wii titles available for core gamers-you just have to weed through like 20-25 pieces of crap to find a good one.....)

Zak & Wiki FTW!
    Last edited by Skullface; August 10, 2010 at 11:59pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Mafia 2 demo is out now. I getting ready to go check it out now myself. Plus, if you have the extra 10clams you can get the Red dead redemption add-on as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    What's even more mind boggling is seeing the software attach rate to the number of systems sold. I *think* last I read, it's only something like only 2-3 titles sold per console. People are buying the system, but not buying games. Not to beat a dead horse, but the amount of shovelware released for the Wii makes the ENTIRE PS2 library look stellar by comparison. (Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of great Wii titles available for core gamers-you just have to weed through like 20-25 pieces of crap to find a good one.....)
    The attach rate is higher than that, for 3 years now the Wii has sold the most software but its just a large portion has been super ****

You just need to look at the financials that come out every quarter

People buy plenty of Wii software, the problem is most of it is from one company which is BAD for any system.

Zak & Wiki FTW!
    Hey that game rocked, people just suck for not buying it
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback