Page 298 of 351 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308348 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,450 of 8757

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Hey that game rocked, people just suck for not buying it
    I wholeheartedly agree - one of the most underappreciated gems on the system. I wasn't slamming it at all.

I can't believe I never heard anything about this outta E3 this year!

http://psp.ign.com/articles/111/1111695p1.html

I've been waiting a LONG time for another entry in the Parasite Eve series!!!
    Last edited by Skullface; August 11, 2010 at 08:53pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree - one of the most underappreciated gems on the system. I wasn't slamming it at all.
    I am hoping with the debut of Move that we can get a sequel or even some new levels available on PSN and Wii Ware. Capcom already has the framework done for the game and it does not need to the cost of a retail release.

I think it did well enough to justify some online puzzles
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

Anyone remember this from Animal Crossing? I absolutely love it. and it's already on my iPod.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

I seen that on the news and my points are this, Yes I seen the movie of it but also see that Billy Mitchell is a scam cause he knows that other guy that is the score keeper really good. So I think he just wanted his name out their again so he could sell more hot sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by MANGLORD View Post
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Newest DC Online Trailer

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by vadersfist View Post
    I seen that on the news and my points are this, Yes I seen the movie of it but also see that Billy Mitchell is a scam cause he knows that other guy that is the score keeper really good. So I think he just wanted his name out their again so he could sell more hot sauce.
    billy mitchell can come off as a giant d-bag, like him or hate him he did do it live so i don't believe it was a scam. when Mitchell sent the skipping tape in after everyone said no taped scores i thought that was a scam. but he played dk and dkjr live. can't fake that.
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Newest DC Online Trailer

Please remove embedded vids in quoted replies. Saves on load time. Thanks
    I like DC comics, they have some of my favorite characters, but I'm really not excited about this game. At first it sounded cool, the story seemed like a CRISIS kind of arc, and the graphics are nice. But the more I see about this MMO it really just seems like City of Heroes with DC skins slapped on it. And I'll probably get flamed but COH was another treadmill MMORPG. Do a mission, level up, fight supervillain, Grind, Do a mission, level up, fight supervillain, grind. I played the WoW trial. It wasn't for me, though I could see why a lot of people like it. I don't think DCUO is going to get people to stop playing WoW, and migrate over. And on Consoles, I can see some people maybe getting into it only because there aren't many MMO contenders there other than maybe the next Final Fantasy game, or whoever is still playing Phantasy Star. But even then I don't see it lasting. People will probably play it for 12 months (I'm being generous) before they decide to use that monthly fee toward new releases instead. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I will be.

Honestly out of all these subscription games the only one I see MAYBE getting anyone to leave WoW will be SWKOTOR Bioware is making. And that's because it doesn't appear to be a grind heavy treadmill. And it seems like you'll really be able to go it your own personal story. They say no two people will have the same storyline.

http://cdn-www.swtor.com//sites/all/...ader|Quicktime (.mov),thumb|null,filesize|167M,resolution|1280x72 0,url|http://cdn-www.swtor.com//sites/all/files/en/vc/space_combat/sp302/SpaceCombat_mov.zip&lang=EN&age_gate=0" />http://cdn-www.swtor.com//sites/all/...ader|Quicktime (.mov),thumb|null,filesize|167M,resolution|1280x72 0,url|http://cdn-www.swtor.com//sites/all/files/en/vc/space_combat/sp302/SpaceCombat_mov.zip&lang=EN&age_gate=0" />
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

I agree with you on all counts, I want to check out DC Online but I doubt I will be a subscriber. For me its more to peak my interest at a legitimate attempt to bring a MMO to a console.

I tried WoW and it was cool but I don't have the time for it. The MMO I am waiting for is the Star Wars one, mainly for my love of the license and faith in Bioware (and their patented decision system) to not screw it up. Its my love of the license that will get me over that hump I ran into with WoW.

SW fans are also fanatics so I think it has a good shot to be relevant in another year after launch, whereas most of the MMO games (outside WoW) seem to die off pretty quickly (City of Heroes, Star Trek, D&D, etc)

He did it live, I didn't know that, when was that.

Quote Originally Posted by MANGLORD View Post
    billy mitchell can come off as a giant d-bag, like him or hate him he did do it live so i don't believe it was a scam. when Mitchell sent the skipping tape in after everyone said no taped scores i thought that was a scam. but he played dk and dkjr live. can't fake that.

As much as I've gotten out of the whole oversaturated music-gaming genre, (Thanks Activision....) Rock Band 3's 83 song on-disc setlist has earned my $$$ upon launch. Now to decide if I buy the game standalone, or fork out the cash for the keybaord bundle.....

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1114861p1.html

As much as I've gotten out of the whole oversaturated music-gaming genre, (Thanks Activision....) Rock Band 3's 83 song on-disc setlist has earned my $$$ upon launch. Now to decide if I buy the game standalone, or fork out the cash for the keybaord bundle.....

Just when you thought you were out they pulled you back in

Last night I finally got the Achievement for the insasnity playthrough in Mass Effect 2! I also got the 'Are You A God?' achievement in Ghostbusters, too!

Quote Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
    Last night I finally got the Achievement for the insasnity playthrough in Mass Effect 2! I also got the 'Are You A God?' achievement in Ghostbusters, too!
    Grats on Ghostbusters - IIRC, Professional Mode wasn't *too* bad overall, but any sections when there were tons of little tiny annoyances were brutal. I think it took me an hour or two just to get past the architect's office when the marshmallow minions started swarming me & Ray. The partner AI was absolutely stupid on Pro mode too.....
    Last edited by Skullface; August 20, 2010 at 11:18pm.

Quote Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
    Last night I finally got the Achievement for the insasnity playthrough in Mass Effect 2!
    I envy you, that is one of the last ones I need to get for that game (just have not had the time)

I don't know if this has been said but "Mass Effect 2" is coming to the PS3 sometime but I don't know the date yet. Man, thats going to make alot of xbox people mad.

I don't know if this has been said but "Mass Effect 2" is coming to the PS3 sometime but I don't know the date yet. Man, thats going to make alot of xbox people mad.
    It's listed as coming in January.

Not really, PS3 owners do not get Mass Effect 1 (since Microsoft paid for the development of that game). I am guessing Bioware will do a recap but to me playing ME1 was pretty important to enjoying ME2, ME2 changed up the way combat worked and turned it more into a 3rd person shooter ala Gears of War. As someone who played both on the 360 I just feel bad that any PS3 owner is going to miss out.

I am thrilled PS3 owners can play it though, I have both systems but it insures that the IP will continue since generally games released on dual platforms do much better and do not get cancelled.

I love anything Mass Effect, so the more people that play it the better

One game announced at E3 we haven't heard much on since it's appearance is Bulletstorm (PC/360/PS3). I'm actually kind of interested in how it comes out since it's toted as the Best of Epic, and People Can Fly (Who Epic Acquired last year)
    It's supposedly one part Gears, one part Unreal on Epic's end. R Rated action flick vibe with fast gameplay. But People Can Fly made Painkiller, which they basically out serioused Croteam's Serious sam with. Hundreds of enemies on screen with no slowdown, and tons of destruction.
    So I guess it's supposed to be the best of those three games crammed together. UT is my favorite competitive shooter series (Which sadly is tapering out as fans move to "Realistic" team based shooters.)
    I didn't care for Gow, but Painkiller (The first one PCF did not the terrible sequels by other houses) was an awesome, albeit mindless game I recommend to anyone. Especially now that it's 6 years old, about any computer can run it maxed these days.

Anyway, CliffyB demoed it recently on the game's main page. I don't know it will be a mass market hit, as it seems it will lean a little closer to Unreal, than Gears. But it does look like it will be a boat load of fun.

http://www.bulletstorm.com/
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    So, I bought Super Mario Galaxy 2 from Amazon back when it first came out, but didn't actually start playing it at all until about a week ago. But, what a week it's been... I'm up to about 73 stars (give or take 1) and defeated the final Bowser last night, 'beating' the main game and unlocking the special extra galaxy.

Overall it's a good game, though I was a little disapointed with the final Bowser battle. It just seemed like there should have been more to it.

Does the "Keyboard bundle" come with just the game and keyboard, or does it include anything else?

Is there going to be a bundle with all instruments? And what are the price points on them (both the keyboard and all-instrument bundles)?

On the one hand, I really hate to go buy a ton of all-knew peripherals. On the other than, the guitar controller being like an actual guitar is pretty cool, and my understanding is that the new drum set has symbols that are actually independent of the regular drum pads (meaning that instead of them just being an alternative to hitting the drum pad, they actually count as completely separate things).... plus I am still using an RB1 Drum set. And no matter what, the keyboard would be cool to get.

But on the other hand, I don't know if I really want to invest that kind of money into these new peripherals. As it is, I tend to use the guitar a lot more than I do the drum set anyway, so I am not sure if getting the new set would even be worth it. And I'm not sure if I would enjoy using a guitar controller with actual strings (Conceptually it seems cool, but it could potentially be something that I end up not liking after I try it).

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Gunblade NY and LA machines guns came out for the wii??? I'm so broke I've been hping fo these at home since the dreamcast, hope it sells well and they release jurassic park!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

They are saying Mass Effect 2 will be coming to PS3 in Jan 011" which is awesome I think. I knew that ME 1 wouldn't come cause Microsoft said they own that and it would never but thats OK, I still get a chance to play the 2nd of this game which is fine by me.

The past week I was playing Bayonetta on 360. I managed to beat it as well as get all 1000 GS for it. I feel rather proud of that.

Xbox LIVE Gold memberships go up in price starting 11/1/10:

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/111/1116845p1.html

Glad mine expired - will stick with free multiplayer on PSN. It may not have all the bells & whistles of Live, but the important feature works and costs nothing....

Xbox LIVE Gold memberships go up in price starting 11/1/10:

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/111/1116845p1.html

Glad mine expired - will stick with free multiplayer on PSN. It may not have all the bells & whistles of Live, but the important feature works and costs nothing....
    Yeah I gave up my XBL Gold the month Netflix came free on the PS3, if that goes away I will just move to the Wii for Netflix (I am fine with SD content streaming)

I do not play enough multiplayer of anything to justify that, much less a freaking price increase