Page 300 of 352 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310350 ... LastLast
Results 7,476 to 7,500 of 8798

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Been so long since I played Arkham Asylum on the PS3 I decided to delete and restart, damn what an addicitng game. Forgot how excellent the atmosphere and the voice acting was done!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

If anyone has a store near them, Fry's Electronics has 3D Dot Game Heroes on sale this week for $19.90. Definitely worth it at full price, and this is just a steal!
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Been so long since I played Arkham Asylum on the PS3 I decided to delete and restart, damn what an addicitng game. Forgot how excellent the atmosphere and the voice acting was done!
    Yeah I recently played it over again and it was absolutely amazing! Can't wait for the sequel.

I have 96% completion on Xbox, but it's so hard getting some of these challenges! I'll have to go back soon and try my hand at it again...
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

I DL the Wiiware game Jett Rocket this weekend and its really cool so if you play your Wii, thats a really good game to DL for 10 clams.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    Yeah I recently played it over again and it was absolutely amazing! Can't wait for the sequel.

I have 96% completion on Xbox, but it's so hard getting some of these challenges! I'll have to go back soon and try my hand at it again...
    I just beat it this afternoon, got a question. How do you go about starting a new playthrough and keep everything you have found? Or do you only get one shot per save file to get everything?

I have like 50 riddles left to solve and 5 character models left to find
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

i beat metroid on friday. then on sunday and monday i worked on getting all the items. there was one that i couldn't find in sector 3. it's in the corner of that large, lava-filled room, next to the glass tube. i spotted one of those locks you need to shoot, but it didn't appear to do anything when i shot it. does anyone know how to get that one?

I just beat it this afternoon, got a question. How do you go about starting a new playthrough and keep everything you have found? Or do you only get one shot per save file to get everything?

I have like 50 riddles left to solve and 5 character models left to find
    You can just use the same save file to revisit all the locations until you get 100%. All the enemies (including the final boss) stay dead though.

If you want to start a new playthrough, on a higher difficulty for example, it just saves in a new slot.

Well I got a bit more Smackdown vs Raw news for those of us who enjoy (Or for the nitpickiest of us, tolerate ) these games

The official THQ/Yukes boards has a QA thread from one of the designers/Online netcode programmers, Johnathan Durr.
    Yes, that's his name.

Anyway

Well I asked in the Q/A thread about the wii version: community.smackdownvsraw.com/forums/topic/9332

Unfortunately the Wii won't be getting the physics (Understandable) won't have enhanced paint tools involving the pointer (Oh well) SDcard music file support (Didn't expect it but threw it out in case of a yes or so they might consider it in 2k12)

No fighting in the crowd feature (Actually NONE of the versions will have this return)

And it doesn't look like Wii will be getting Online play either this year (Although I can hold out hope it's shoe horned in at the last minute I suppose)

I also asked about a possible Windows version in the future, and it's not outside the realm of possibility Although I'm not expecting it this year. But I'll probably be there Day one if it's a good game.

Anyway I thank Mr. Durr for taking the time to answer my questions. I especially appreciate it seeing how none of the major game journalists seem to want to bother asking about the Wii or PS2 versions. But that's a different thread for a different time.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    You can just use the same save file to revisit all the locations until you get 100%. All the enemies (including the final boss) stay dead though.

If you want to start a new playthrough, on a higher difficulty for example, it just saves in a new slot.
    Yeah, but if you were like me and found it humurous that the thugs at the end were cheering you on inside the hallway before the Joker and you didn't attack them, you can't get the achievement for beating them up after defeating the Joker. I had to get that on a second playthrough.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    Yeah, but if you were like me and found it humurous that the thugs at the end were cheering you on inside the hallway before the Joker and you didn't attack them, you can't get the achievement for beating them up after defeating the Joker. I had to get that on a second playthrough.
    I don't have to worry about that, I killed them all (Party Pooper was the achievement I think ) because I figured they would jump me if I did not take care of them

Anyone else buy/rent the new Spiderman game? I checked it out today before work and really enjoyed the Amazing Spiderman portion. Shocked me, till recent reviews I was sure it was just another crap cash in game.

Anyone else buy/rent the new Spiderman game? I checked it out today before work and really enjoyed the Amazing Spiderman portion. Shocked me, till recent reviews I was sure it was just another crap cash in game.
    I've been spending the week going back and forth with both Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions & Batman: The Brave & the Bold. (Both on Wii)

For Spidey, I've only done the 1st Amazing & 1st Noir levels so far, but it's pretty sweet, especially considering the amount of crappy Spidey games the last few years. And the fact that Spidey 2099 is in there is just awesome. (Plus, he's voiced by the guy who voiced Spidey on Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends! And the voice of Spidey Noir is the voice of the 90's Spidey!) I have to say the Noir level I played felt like it was ripped straight out of Arkham Asylum's Predator challenges. (That's a good thing) I felt exactly like I did when I was playing Arkham. Zipping from catwalk to catwalk and silently taking out thugs from above.

Brave & the Bold is a decent little side scrolling/platforming/beat-em-up, but not worth $40. Good for the kids or fans of the show. ALL the voice talent from the show is there. Only thing that really sucks is that Aquaman & Plastic Man are not playable. (They're only support help-Playable characters are Batman, Robin, Blue Beetle, Hawkman & Guy Gardner) I love the fact that the game is set up exactly like the show. Episode starts with a short teaser level against a villain, and following that goes into the show's opening credits, complete with episode title and then a whole new villain/plot to play through. And there's TONS of dialog during the game. Some are semi-static cutscenes, but a lot of it is voiceover conversation while you're playing the level.

These will keep me busy for a little while, and then back to my backlog. (Considering I'm one of the few who absolutely cares nothing for HALO)

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    I'm one of the few who absolutely cares nothing for HALO
    Same here. I don't like Halo even a little bit.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    Same here. I don't like Halo even a little bit.
    Agreed. It's also the main reason I don't play online multi-player (minus MMORPG)
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    Agreed. It's also the main reason I don't play online multi-player (minus MMORPG)
    I've only played online multi-player on Mario Kart Wii- sucks because I get booted and lose 200 VR points at least once a session, and Fable 2- fun but it's mostly only useful to cheat at getting achievements. Anyone planning on getting Fable 3? Maybe the multi-player will be more fun on that one.

Borrowed Dante's Inferno on Friday from a friend, and only have like 6 more trophies to go for the platinum. Definitely will be the easiest platinum I will have gotten so far.

The game is fun, but due to its length, I wouldn't spend more than $20-$25 on it. Plus, more than likely, it'll get a Game of the Year Edition with all the DLC on disc.....

Borrowed Dante's Inferno on Friday from a friend, and only have like 6 more trophies to go for the platinum. Definitely will be the easiest platinum I will have gotten so far.

The game is fun, but due to its length, I wouldn't spend more than $20-$25 on it. Plus, more than likely, it'll get a Game of the Year Edition with all the DLC on disc.....
    I can't believe you are just getting to this game, its like an easy version of God or War

I can't believe you are just getting to this game, its like an easy version of God or War
    Think that's bad...I haven't even gotten to God of War yet.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    For shame, you are only about 5 years, 2 releases of the 1st game, and 4 sequels/prequels behind

I spent some time this afternoon with Brave and the Bold for the Wii, that is an excellent old school platforming game. There is no reason it should be only on the Wii outside of audience, I hold out hope they are able to try and port it to the iPad since its basically a high quality flash game.

But the graphics are spot on with the show, everything is voiced, and its basically like playing a actual episode with platforming. If the retail price were $19-29 I would consider it a must buy

Just being cheap. Been waiting to find it on sale for $30 or less with no luck.

Got the platinum tonight, so I'll cross that one off the list and return it to my buddy next time I see him. Now back to getting the last 2 trophies I need for the LittleBigPlanet platinum. (Only missing the 4-player required prize bubbles on 1 level for "Booty Master" and then back to work on getting the "Play" trophy for beating every level without dying-only about halfway done with that one....)

I spent some time this afternoon with Brave and the Bold for the Wii, that is an excellent old school platforming game. There is no reason it should be only on the Wii outside of audience, I hold out hope they are able to try and port it to the iPad since its basically a high quality flash game.

But the graphics are spot on with the show, everything is voiced, and its basically like playing a actual episode with platforming. If the retail price were $19-29 I would consider it a must buy
    I concur - I have no idea why they didn't also release it for PS3/360/PSP. Nintendo must have paid some $$$ for exclusivity.

I concur - I have no idea why they didn't also release it for PS3/360/PSP. Nintendo must have paid some $$$ for exclusivity.
    I doubt it. It isn't a game that would sell with the PS3/360 audience. Plus, they have Arkham Asylum and soon they will have Arkham City.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Don't feel bad, I'm only about halfway through the first one.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
    I doubt it. It isn't a game that would sell with the PS3/360 audience. Plus, they have Arkham Asylum and soon they will have Arkham City.
    They still could have released it on the PS2

I was thinking it might have to do with the developer WayForward (a really good DS developer) and the fact that a lot of WB licensed games sell better on the Wii (the Lego series for example)

Growing up happens in a heartbeat. One day you're in diapers; the next day you're gone... But the memories of childhood stay with you for the long haul. I remember a place... a town... a house like a lot of other houses... A yard like a lot of other yards... On a street like a lot of other streets. And the thing is... After all these years, I still look back with wonder...

Got the Booty Master trophy on LittleBigPlanet last night, and only have 1 more level left to Ace to get both the Play & Platinum trophies. The last level I need to ace (The Bunker) is driving me up the wall!

On another note, I downloaded the Resident Evil 5 DLC bundle that was on sale last week, and flew through "Lost in Nightmares". Only have to unlock & beat Professional mode to have all 5 of those trophies, and then on to the "Desparate Escape" mission.....

So my xbox 360 is on the fritz again. This is the 4th time! and every time it's the same problem, discs can't be read. Anyone know a home remedy or a way to stop this happening anymore? I'm so sick of mailing my machine to Microsoft and waiting for a new one.