Page 301 of 352 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311351 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,525 of 8798

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

  1. #7501
    Almighty Dictator Skullface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,371
    Some good stuff on PSN this week - lots of 50% off sales, including Symphony of the Night, Castlevania Chronicles & Mega Man 9:

    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...56/#more-36271

    Plus we FINALLY get some Dio in Rock Band!

    Famitsu officially confirms the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus remakes coming to PS3:

    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1120651p1.html
    This space for rent, apparently.....

  2. #7502
    Mother Canucker GP Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    801
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    They still could have released it on the PS2

    I was thinking it might have to do with the developer WayForward (a really good DS developer) and the fact that a lot of WB licensed games sell better on the Wii (the Lego series for example)
    Yeah, they could have, but I think pretty much everyone in the industry is done with the PS2.

  3. #7503
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,716
    Quote Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
    Yeah, they could have, but I think pretty much everyone in the industry is done with the PS2.
    Well the PS2 still sells quite a bit, does not mean it would have not have produced extra $$$$ for no cost. If that was the case then you would no longer see any version of PS2 games come out.

    The fact there was no PS2 or PSP version pretty much guarantees Nintendo at least paid for a timed exclusive.

    I for one hope it ends up on PSN as a downloable game, solely because I hate the loading times on the disc version

    At the TGS Conference Capcom announced a new Devil May Cry for the PS3, which means most likely we will see the first installments come out in HD like God of War, ICO and Shadow of Colossus

    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  4. #7504
    Almighty Dictator Skullface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,371
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    At the TGS Conference Capcom announced a new Devil May Cry for the PS3, which means most likely we will see the first installments come out in HD like God of War, ICO and Shadow of Colossus
    Awesome - that's 1 PS2 franchise that could use an HD treatment. Now if they would just add trophies for DMC4, we'd be set.....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

  5. #7505
    Evil Master of Warcraft
    GeologyMule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Knoxvegas, TN
    Posts
    5,696
    If you are a Dead Rising fan, the Case Zero you can download on XBL is a lot of fun. Great primer for the full game. You can only level up to 5, but you can carry that over in the full version.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

    Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980


  6. #7506
    Drinking Innocence TheDeviot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Danbury CT
    Posts
    6,141
    Robot Unicorn Attack is now a Facebook game.
    For those who never played it on adultswim



    Battlefield Bad Company 2 is only $29 on Steam for those lttp!
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/24960/
    Last edited by TheDeviot; September 16, 2010 at 06:31pm. Reason: didn't want to dbl post
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

    -?

  7. #7507
    Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    10,541
    Is the 3DS coming out this year, before Christmas? Or is it not coming out until early next year?
    ____________________________________________

    Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

  8. #7508
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Is the 3DS coming out this year, before Christmas? Or is it not coming out until early next year?
    All signs point to this year in Japan and next Spring for the US. There have been rumors it might be a stealth christmas launch in the US, but so far nothing "official" has been released about price or availability.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  9. #7509
    Heroic Warrior madara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    1,349
    Usually you give retailers months of notice on hardware, its too close now. Though this is Nintendo, software wise at least they have announced and release within three months before. I would say March US.

  10. #7510
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,716
    Quote Originally Posted by madara View Post
    Though this is Nintendo, software wise at least they have announced and release within three months before. I would say March US.
    Yup that is the tricky part,its Nintendo. They often do not tell retailers till a week before since the original DS came out.

    If it was a Christmas launch I would not be surprised at all if retailers did not find out in late October/Early November.

    Gamestop has already made themselves aware to make room in case something big comes out, they learned the last two years the hard way.

    But I agree overall, I think the US will get it near March or April of 2011, if for no other reason than to have 3rd party games ready to go at launch.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  11. #7511
    Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    10,541
    I actually kind of hope it's in the March/April time frame. It would be nicer to not have to spend that kind of cash until then. Granted, I don't have to buy it right when it comes out, but if it does come out this year, I KNOW that I will!
    ____________________________________________

    Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

  12. #7512
    Adora's Father dorrmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Fountain, CO
    Posts
    11,228
    Did you guys see the rumor that the PSP2 is already in the hands of developers? The Mortal Kombat crew mentioned it in a recent interview.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

    Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

  13. #7513
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,716
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Did you guys see the rumor that the PSP2 is already in the hands of developers? The Mortal Kombat crew mentioned it in a recent interview.
    Yeah but until the PSP stops selling in Japan they wont have to release it, its been dead in the US and EU for about 2 1/2 years now.

    Also I told you guys Nintendo might have a winter surprise

    The computers for Gamestop have added the Nintendo 3DS in the system now, along with 18 games and 14 accessories listed as available for taking pre-orders on September 29th. They also have a listed a shipping date of November 22nd. (Since postal services are out on weekends, the Nov 20/2010 Sat is the most logical release date, as the orders would be delivered on Monday the 22nd).
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  14. #7514
    Almighty Dictator Skullface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,371
    Was out with my 6-year-old son getting groceries at a Wal-Mart tonight, and happened to browse the video game aisle. While looking at the PS3 case, I was stopped by a Playstation rep, who for 10 minutes, tried to sell me on Move.

    Being that I'm still not convinced that motion gaming is being used to its full potential, and IMO, is still gimmicky at best, (with a few exceptions where it HAS been used in games I personally care about to worthwhile results) it was hard to listen to him spout off all the tech details and potential capabilities without just walking away. Specifically, he asked which types of games my son & I prefer to play. I said my son mainly plays Mario & LEGO and that I generally play action/adventure. I also said I usually avoid sports & FPS games, at which point he jumped into a 5 minute session about how amazing it is to play Tiger Woods using Move.

    Not knocking Move's potential, just wanted to share another ill-equipped salesman story. If you want to sell your product, you shouldn't push something your potential customer just told you they have little to no interest in. (Especially considering that he didn't have a demo station set up so he could show me what he was blabbing on about-he was just sitting on a stool in front of the PS3 case all day, playing his PSP until the battery died.)

    But he made sure to let me know he'd be there Friday-Sunday the next few weekends if I had any questions!
    This space for rent, apparently.....

  15. #7515
    Heroic Warrior Fendi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,745
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1094576p1.html

    I call this game, The Uprising of Colonel Bahamut.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

    Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

  16. #7516
    Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    10,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Was out with my 6-year-old son getting groceries at a Wal-Mart tonight, and happened to browse the video game aisle. While looking at the PS3 case, I was stopped by a Playstation rep, who for 10 minutes, tried to sell me on Move.

    Being that I'm still not convinced that motion gaming is being used to its full potential, and IMO, is still gimmicky at best, (with a few exceptions where it HAS been used in games I personally care about to worthwhile results) it was hard to listen to him spout off all the tech details and potential capabilities without just walking away. Specifically, he asked which types of games my son & I prefer to play. I said my son mainly plays Mario & LEGO and that I generally play action/adventure. I also said I usually avoid sports & FPS games, at which point he jumped into a 5 minute session about how amazing it is to play Tiger Woods using Move.

    Not knocking Move's potential, just wanted to share another ill-equipped salesman story. If you want to sell your product, you shouldn't push something your potential customer just told you they have little to no interest in. (Especially considering that he didn't have a demo station set up so he could show me what he was blabbing on about-he was just sitting on a stool in front of the PS3 case all day, playing his PSP until the battery died.)

    But he made sure to let me know he'd be there Friday-Sunday the next few weekends if I had any questions!


    I was actually at my local Wal-Mart last night and they had one of those reps there to promote the move as well.

    Though this guy was actually pretty cool. We ended up getting into a big conversation about gaming in general (talking about pretty much all systems), including games like Marvel VS. Capcom 3. At one point in the conversation, he even pointed out how it was kind of silly for them to have him there when they didn't even have a demo of the Move set up. He apparently works for some company that is hired by Sony to promote things like this. He said his bosses said that they were going to get a demo of it set up relatively soon for him, but the managers at Wal-Mart were saying that there wouldn't be a demo set up, so I kind of felt bad for the guy because he didn't even know when or if a demo would be set up. They just kind of put these people there with whatever info that they are handed and leave them to figure the rest out for themselves, apparently.

    I do find it funny that the guy at your store went on about Tiger Woods after you specifically told him that you don't like sports games. Now that's some good marketing if ever I've seen it.
    ____________________________________________

    Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

  17. #7517
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,716
    I also find it hilarious that Sony as a whole is touting Tiger Woods for Move when the Wii has had it and refined it down to a science for the last 3 years. I am all for trying to promote motion tech because it can be fun in certain instances, but I hate when they try to act like its a one of a kind.

    My big issue is that Sony is not having playable stations with it, how am I supposed to drop $100-200 on new motion tech if I cannot see how it works, you know in motion

    Oh and just a note if anyone is in Omaha Nebraska or Kansas City, Nebraska Furniture Mart is having a massive blowout games sale. Super Mario Galaxy, Dragonquest IX, Arkham Asylum, FFXIII all $20, Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2 are $10. There was tons more games available yesterday (Transformers was $25, etc) but they sold out quickly for obvious reasons.

    They are making room for the holidays so its a really good time to take advantage, problem is that its in store pickup only (they do offer UPS shipping but they made it so ridiculously high to discourage out of state sales)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  18. #7518
    Drinking Innocence TheDeviot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Danbury CT
    Posts
    6,141
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I also find it hilarious that Sony as a whole is touting Tiger Woods for Move when the Wii has had it and refined it down to a science for the last 3 years. I am all for trying to promote motion tech because it can be fun in certain instances, but I hate when they try to act like its a one of a kind.

    My big issue is that Sony is not having playable stations with it, how am I supposed to drop $100-200 on new motion tech if I cannot see how it works, you know in motion

    Oh and just a note if anyone is in Omaha Nebraska or Kansas City, Nebraska Furniture Mart is having a massive blowout games sale. Super Mario Galaxy, Dragonquest IX, Arkham Asylum, FFXIII all $20, Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2 are $10. There was tons more games available yesterday (Transformers was $25, etc) but they sold out quickly for obvious reasons.

    They are making room for the holidays so its a really good time to take advantage, problem is that its in store pickup only (they do offer UPS shipping but they made it so ridiculously high to discourage out of state sales)
    Not trying to sound like a jerkbag here, but why would a midwestern FURNITURE chain have a sale on VIDEO GAMES?

    Anyway that does sound like a really great sale. Half the cost really.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

    -?

  19. #7519
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,716
    They are a massive dept store kinda like SEARS. They sell appliances, car stuff, electronics, furniture and phones.

    I do not joke when I say they are the size of a mini mall, the Omaha one is made up of 8-9 buildings.

    just go to www.nfm.com and see for yourself, their brand name is really a misnomer

    This is the KC store for example



    we go there all the time, since they match all retailers price and gift card offers (having their credit card helps lol)

    I was able to get

    Wii Sports Resort $20 (picked it up for my brother)
    Green Day Rockband Wii $20
    Band Hero Wii $10
    Professor Layton 3 $20
    Resident Evil 5 Gold $25

    Mario Galaxy 2 was completely sold out, they still had some good deals but since the ad only showed Mario 2 as the one on sale I think most people did not venture in to see that 3/4 of the video games were on sale
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  20. #7520
    Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    10,541
    FYI to PS3 owners:

    Amazon is having a PS3 themed Gold Box deal day today.

    As of the time I am typing this, Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions is available for $45 for about the next 55 minutes, or until stock allotted to this deal runs out (whichever comes first... they are about 33% gone now).
    ____________________________________________

    Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

  21. #7521
    Born A Monster wolfsfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,467
    well first off I would like to say that I loved Halo,2,3 and ODST so I bought Reach expecting to like it just as much

    I HATE it

    if this is the last Halo game that Bungie ever make...they shouldn't have even bothered
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

    and if you get the chance

    Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

  22. #7522
    Heroic Warrior Fendi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1094576p1.html

    I call this game, The Uprising of Colonel Bahamut.
    Since no one take notice on this post.

    I will embed the title video.

    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

    Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

  23. #7523
    Drinking Innocence TheDeviot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Danbury CT
    Posts
    6,141
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    well first off I would like to say that I loved Halo,2,3 and ODST so I bought Reach expecting to like it just as much

    I HATE it

    if this is the last Halo game that Bungie ever make...they shouldn't have even bothered
    Might I ask why? Not to dispute your feelings on the game, just saying "It sucks" isn't a compelling arguement.

    I'm not a Halo "guy". I played the original on PC all the way through, and found it to be a slightly above average shooter. I also played the Xbox version, and found it more difficult due to playing with a pad, but again didn't see what the fuss was. I liked what I played, just didn't see it as the earth shattering game the average fan would herald it.

    I played Halo 2 on the Xbox, again felt kind of like I did with Halo.

    Didn't play Halo 3, so I can't comment on it. ODST was essentially a $20 expansion pack Microsoft charged $60 for.

    Reach I haven't played at all, but I've heard mostly positive things about it, and even the people who didn't give it glowing impressions still seemed to do what imitation store brand cereal boxes do. "If you liked Halo 2 then you'll love Reach!"
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

    -?

  24. #7524
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,716
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    Might I ask why? Not to dispute your feelings on the game, just saying "It sucks" isn't a compelling arguement.

    I'm not a Halo "guy". I played the original on PC all the way through, and found it to be a slightly above average shooter. I also played the Xbox version, and found it more difficult due to playing with a pad, but again didn't see what the fuss was. I liked what I played, just didn't see it as the earth shattering game the average fan would herald it.

    I played Halo 2 on the Xbox, again felt kind of like I did with Halo.

    Didn't play Halo 3, so I can't comment on it. ODST was essentially a $20 expansion pack Microsoft charged $60 for.

    Reach I haven't played at all, but I've heard mostly positive things about it, and even the people who didn't give it glowing impressions still seemed to do what imitation store brand cereal boxes do. "If you liked Halo 2 then you'll love Reach!"
    I would like to know as well, I have not bought it yet and was less than thrilled with Halo 3. I LOVED ODST slower pacing though, felt like a return to Halo 1 in simplicity.

    Are the controls bad? Is the story crap?
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  25. #7525
    Drinking Innocence TheDeviot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Danbury CT
    Posts
    6,141
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam Expansion Pack Trailer from TGS

    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

    -?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •