Page 301 of 352 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311351 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,525 of 8798

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Some good stuff on PSN this week - lots of 50% off sales, including Symphony of the Night, Castlevania Chronicles & Mega Man 9:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...56/#more-36271

Plus we FINALLY get some Dio in Rock Band!

Famitsu officially confirms the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus remakes coming to PS3:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1120651p1.html
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    They still could have released it on the PS2

I was thinking it might have to do with the developer WayForward (a really good DS developer) and the fact that a lot of WB licensed games sell better on the Wii (the Lego series for example)
    Yeah, they could have, but I think pretty much everyone in the industry is done with the PS2.

Quote Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
    Yeah, they could have, but I think pretty much everyone in the industry is done with the PS2.
    Well the PS2 still sells quite a bit, does not mean it would have not have produced extra $$$$ for no cost. If that was the case then you would no longer see any version of PS2 games come out.

The fact there was no PS2 or PSP version pretty much guarantees Nintendo at least paid for a timed exclusive.

I for one hope it ends up on PSN as a downloable game, solely because I hate the loading times on the disc version

At the TGS Conference Capcom announced a new Devil May Cry for the PS3, which means most likely we will see the first installments come out in HD like God of War, ICO and Shadow of Colossus

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

At the TGS Conference Capcom announced a new Devil May Cry for the PS3, which means most likely we will see the first installments come out in HD like God of War, ICO and Shadow of Colossus
    Awesome - that's 1 PS2 franchise that could use an HD treatment. Now if they would just add trophies for DMC4, we'd be set.....

Evil Master of Warcraft
    If you are a Dead Rising fan, the Case Zero you can download on XBL is a lot of fun. Great primer for the full game. You can only level up to 5, but you can carry that over in the full version.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Robot Unicorn Attack is now a Facebook game.
    For those who never played it on adultswim

Battlefield Bad Company 2 is only $29 on Steam for those lttp!
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/24960/
    Last edited by TheDeviot; September 16, 2010 at 06:31pm. Reason: didn't want to dbl post
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Is the 3DS coming out this year, before Christmas? Or is it not coming out until early next year?

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Is the 3DS coming out this year, before Christmas? Or is it not coming out until early next year?
    All signs point to this year in Japan and next Spring for the US. There have been rumors it might be a stealth christmas launch in the US, but so far nothing "official" has been released about price or availability.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Usually you give retailers months of notice on hardware, its too close now. Though this is Nintendo, software wise at least they have announced and release within three months before. I would say March US.

Quote Originally Posted by madara View Post
    Though this is Nintendo, software wise at least they have announced and release within three months before. I would say March US.
    Yup that is the tricky part,its Nintendo. They often do not tell retailers till a week before since the original DS came out.

If it was a Christmas launch I would not be surprised at all if retailers did not find out in late October/Early November.

Gamestop has already made themselves aware to make room in case something big comes out, they learned the last two years the hard way.

But I agree overall, I think the US will get it near March or April of 2011, if for no other reason than to have 3rd party games ready to go at launch.

I actually kind of hope it's in the March/April time frame. It would be nicer to not have to spend that kind of cash until then. Granted, I don't have to buy it right when it comes out, but if it does come out this year, I KNOW that I will!

Did you guys see the rumor that the PSP2 is already in the hands of developers? The Mortal Kombat crew mentioned it in a recent interview.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Did you guys see the rumor that the PSP2 is already in the hands of developers? The Mortal Kombat crew mentioned it in a recent interview.
    Yeah but until the PSP stops selling in Japan they wont have to release it, its been dead in the US and EU for about 2 1/2 years now.

Also I told you guys Nintendo might have a winter surprise

The computers for Gamestop have added the Nintendo 3DS in the system now, along with 18 games and 14 accessories listed as available for taking pre-orders on September 29th. They also have a listed a shipping date of November 22nd. (Since postal services are out on weekends, the Nov 20/2010 Sat is the most logical release date, as the orders would be delivered on Monday the 22nd).

Was out with my 6-year-old son getting groceries at a Wal-Mart tonight, and happened to browse the video game aisle. While looking at the PS3 case, I was stopped by a Playstation rep, who for 10 minutes, tried to sell me on Move.

Being that I'm still not convinced that motion gaming is being used to its full potential, and IMO, is still gimmicky at best, (with a few exceptions where it HAS been used in games I personally care about to worthwhile results) it was hard to listen to him spout off all the tech details and potential capabilities without just walking away. Specifically, he asked which types of games my son & I prefer to play. I said my son mainly plays Mario & LEGO and that I generally play action/adventure. I also said I usually avoid sports & FPS games, at which point he jumped into a 5 minute session about how amazing it is to play Tiger Woods using Move.

Not knocking Move's potential, just wanted to share another ill-equipped salesman story. If you want to sell your product, you shouldn't push something your potential customer just told you they have little to no interest in. (Especially considering that he didn't have a demo station set up so he could show me what he was blabbing on about-he was just sitting on a stool in front of the PS3 case all day, playing his PSP until the battery died.)

But he made sure to let me know he'd be there Friday-Sunday the next few weekends if I had any questions!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1094576p1.html

I call this game, The Uprising of Colonel Bahamut.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Was out with my 6-year-old son getting groceries at a Wal-Mart tonight, and happened to browse the video game aisle. While looking at the PS3 case, I was stopped by a Playstation rep, who for 10 minutes, tried to sell me on Move.

Being that I'm still not convinced that motion gaming is being used to its full potential, and IMO, is still gimmicky at best, (with a few exceptions where it HAS been used in games I personally care about to worthwhile results) it was hard to listen to him spout off all the tech details and potential capabilities without just walking away. Specifically, he asked which types of games my son & I prefer to play. I said my son mainly plays Mario & LEGO and that I generally play action/adventure. I also said I usually avoid sports & FPS games, at which point he jumped into a 5 minute session about how amazing it is to play Tiger Woods using Move.

Not knocking Move's potential, just wanted to share another ill-equipped salesman story. If you want to sell your product, you shouldn't push something your potential customer just told you they have little to no interest in. (Especially considering that he didn't have a demo station set up so he could show me what he was blabbing on about-he was just sitting on a stool in front of the PS3 case all day, playing his PSP until the battery died.)

But he made sure to let me know he'd be there Friday-Sunday the next few weekends if I had any questions!

I was actually at my local Wal-Mart last night and they had one of those reps there to promote the move as well.

Though this guy was actually pretty cool. We ended up getting into a big conversation about gaming in general (talking about pretty much all systems), including games like Marvel VS. Capcom 3. At one point in the conversation, he even pointed out how it was kind of silly for them to have him there when they didn't even have a demo of the Move set up. He apparently works for some company that is hired by Sony to promote things like this. He said his bosses said that they were going to get a demo of it set up relatively soon for him, but the managers at Wal-Mart were saying that there wouldn't be a demo set up, so I kind of felt bad for the guy because he didn't even know when or if a demo would be set up. They just kind of put these people there with whatever info that they are handed and leave them to figure the rest out for themselves, apparently.

I do find it funny that the guy at your store went on about Tiger Woods after you specifically told him that you don't like sports games. Now that's some good marketing if ever I've seen it.

I also find it hilarious that Sony as a whole is touting Tiger Woods for Move when the Wii has had it and refined it down to a science for the last 3 years. I am all for trying to promote motion tech because it can be fun in certain instances, but I hate when they try to act like its a one of a kind.

My big issue is that Sony is not having playable stations with it, how am I supposed to drop $100-200 on new motion tech if I cannot see how it works, you know in motion

Oh and just a note if anyone is in Omaha Nebraska or Kansas City, Nebraska Furniture Mart is having a massive blowout games sale. Super Mario Galaxy, Dragonquest IX, Arkham Asylum, FFXIII all $20, Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2 are $10. There was tons more games available yesterday (Transformers was $25, etc) but they sold out quickly for obvious reasons.

They are making room for the holidays so its a really good time to take advantage, problem is that its in store pickup only (they do offer UPS shipping but they made it so ridiculously high to discourage out of state sales)

I also find it hilarious that Sony as a whole is touting Tiger Woods for Move when the Wii has had it and refined it down to a science for the last 3 years. I am all for trying to promote motion tech because it can be fun in certain instances, but I hate when they try to act like its a one of a kind.

My big issue is that Sony is not having playable stations with it, how am I supposed to drop $100-200 on new motion tech if I cannot see how it works, you know in motion

Oh and just a note if anyone is in Omaha Nebraska or Kansas City, Nebraska Furniture Mart is having a massive blowout games sale. Super Mario Galaxy, Dragonquest IX, Arkham Asylum, FFXIII all $20, Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2 are $10. There was tons more games available yesterday (Transformers was $25, etc) but they sold out quickly for obvious reasons.

They are making room for the holidays so its a really good time to take advantage, problem is that its in store pickup only (they do offer UPS shipping but they made it so ridiculously high to discourage out of state sales)
    Not trying to sound like a jerkbag here, but why would a midwestern FURNITURE chain have a sale on VIDEO GAMES?

Anyway that does sound like a really great sale. Half the cost really.
    The Deviot
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

They are a massive dept store kinda like SEARS. They sell appliances, car stuff, electronics, furniture and phones.

I do not joke when I say they are the size of a mini mall, the Omaha one is made up of 8-9 buildings.

just go to www.nfm.com and see for yourself, their brand name is really a misnomer

This is the KC store for example

we go there all the time, since they match all retailers price and gift card offers (having their credit card helps lol)

I was able to get

Wii Sports Resort $20 (picked it up for my brother)
    Green Day Rockband Wii $20
    Band Hero Wii $10
    Professor Layton 3 $20
    Resident Evil 5 Gold $25

Mario Galaxy 2 was completely sold out, they still had some good deals but since the ad only showed Mario 2 as the one on sale I think most people did not venture in to see that 3/4 of the video games were on sale

FYI to PS3 owners:

Amazon is having a PS3 themed Gold Box deal day today.

As of the time I am typing this, Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions is available for $45 for about the next 55 minutes, or until stock allotted to this deal runs out (whichever comes first... they are about 33% gone now).

well first off I would like to say that I loved Halo,2,3 and ODST so I bought Reach expecting to like it just as much

I HATE it

if this is the last Halo game that Bungie ever make...they shouldn't have even bothered
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1094576p1.html

I call this game, The Uprising of Colonel Bahamut.
    Since no one take notice on this post.

I will embed the title video.

Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    well first off I would like to say that I loved Halo,2,3 and ODST so I bought Reach expecting to like it just as much

I HATE it

if this is the last Halo game that Bungie ever make...they shouldn't have even bothered
    Might I ask why? Not to dispute your feelings on the game, just saying "It sucks" isn't a compelling arguement.

I'm not a Halo "guy". I played the original on PC all the way through, and found it to be a slightly above average shooter. I also played the Xbox version, and found it more difficult due to playing with a pad, but again didn't see what the fuss was. I liked what I played, just didn't see it as the earth shattering game the average fan would herald it.

I played Halo 2 on the Xbox, again felt kind of like I did with Halo.

Didn't play Halo 3, so I can't comment on it. ODST was essentially a $20 expansion pack Microsoft charged $60 for.

Reach I haven't played at all, but I've heard mostly positive things about it, and even the people who didn't give it glowing impressions still seemed to do what imitation store brand cereal boxes do. "If you liked Halo 2 then you'll love Reach!"
    The Deviot

-?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    Might I ask why? Not to dispute your feelings on the game, just saying "It sucks" isn't a compelling arguement.

I'm not a Halo "guy". I played the original on PC all the way through, and found it to be a slightly above average shooter. I also played the Xbox version, and found it more difficult due to playing with a pad, but again didn't see what the fuss was. I liked what I played, just didn't see it as the earth shattering game the average fan would herald it.

I played Halo 2 on the Xbox, again felt kind of like I did with Halo.

Didn't play Halo 3, so I can't comment on it. ODST was essentially a $20 expansion pack Microsoft charged $60 for.

Reach I haven't played at all, but I've heard mostly positive things about it, and even the people who didn't give it glowing impressions still seemed to do what imitation store brand cereal boxes do. "If you liked Halo 2 then you'll love Reach!"
    I would like to know as well, I have not bought it yet and was less than thrilled with Halo 3. I LOVED ODST slower pacing though, felt like a return to Halo 1 in simplicity.

Are the controls bad? Is the story crap?

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam Expansion Pack Trailer from TGS

The Deviot

-?