Page 304 of 351 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306314 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,600 of 8768

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

  1. #7576
    GWILDOR 2012 MANGLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    swamp near palace 2
    Posts
    527
    Disc-Free PS3 Netflix app is available now!

    if you didn't know about it, check it here
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1128017p1.html
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

  2. #7577
    Born A Monster wolfsfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,345
    Ok so I finally got the Playsation Move (both Motion and Navigation controllers) and I have to say that compared to the Wii

    IT SUCKS

    It is the most unresponsive, slow and uncomfortable thing I have ever played a game with. When I got the Wii I managed to pick it up straight away and was shooting, stabbing and jumping around levels with no problem as it just felt totally natural. The Move on the other hand did not give me that same feeling. Because it uses the camera to pick up that ball on the end you have to sit just far enough away and keep your arm up so that it doesn't lose sight of the Navigation controller, so unlike the Wii where you can sit in a more comfortable position the Move quickly results in an arm ache.

    I would have to give this a 1/10 and say the only recommendation I have for this piece of trash is to treat it as such and deposit it in the nearest bin. Or go to the store and part exchange it.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

    and if you get the chance

    Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

  3. #7578
    Adora's Father dorrmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Fountain, CO
    Posts
    10,988
    Quote Originally Posted by MANGLORD View Post
    Disc-Free PS3 Netflix app is available now!

    if you didn't know about it, check it here
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1128017p1.html
    Same for the Wii!
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

    Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

  4. #7579
    GWILDOR 2012 MANGLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    swamp near palace 2
    Posts
    527
    i had the total opposite experience with move. hooked it up and were playing just fine. the camera has a wide range and we felt comfortable. didn't feel sluggish or slow, it was very responsive. my 3 year old even played and the camera picked up his actions just the same. i'd give it a 7/10 because i need better titles. bored with sports stuff. i want to blow **** up. i'd give the hardware a 10, it was easy to set up and it worked like sony said it would.
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

  5. #7580
    Born A Monster wolfsfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,345
    Medal of Honor Multiplayer for the 360 is BAD. It is possibly the single most worst online game that I have ever tried to play online which is a shame considering who made the online portion of MOH. DICE's Battlefield games, especially BC2, were great to play online but with this game they have totally messed up big time with this one.

    I even found this list online of what they got so wrong

    1. TERRIBLE
    2. I really thought online was going to be good (BFBC2 = GREAT = DICE = MoH = FAIL, I don't know how that works out but it does) but I feel as if my money was stolen.
    3. Maps are too small for 12 v 12
    4. Spawn points are completely broken
    5. You party up with your friends but get put on opposite teams = SQUAD PARTY FAIL
    6. You can't tell where your squad members are on the mini map
    7. Game starts are random and people are playing before others get into the game
    8. Weapons all seem the same... just different names and skins
    9. Maps are too SMALL (I know but I had to say it twice)
    10. One hit sniper kills??? BFBC2 has the best sniping to date
    11. Blast radius and throwing distance for grenades are horrendous
    12. Attachments in relation to gun attributes are messed up (How does a laser sight take away damage?)
    13. Rating system is completely flawed... Skill rating??? Come on DICE
    14. Gameplay pauses
    15. Maps are too SMALL (lol) and little to no destruction = FAIL
    16. No prone
    17. and too many SNIPERS!!!!
    18. Mics sometimes mess up and no lobby chat
    19. Lag is ridiculous
    20. No recoil on guns
    21. Gun attributes make no difference
    22. 4 objective maps and 4 combat maps... LAME
    23. 203s and RPGs are way underpowered
    24. Bolt actions kill you even if it hits your baby toe. Should be headshot kill, body shot 2 shots.
    25. Cant choose where you spawn.
    26. Theres little to no cover around the flags in sector control (BC2 always had at least a box around a flag to give a single person a chance)
    27. No bullet drop when sniping from a distance
    28. You can drop mortars and rockets on enemy spawn points in most maps.
    29. When you die, if you use your killstreak reward after, you gain the points. I think since you died, yes you should be able to use the reward, but you shouldnt get the points still.

    so with this in mind here is my top 5 lists of games that I think are fun to play online and games I think are terrible. Oh and before anyone starts flaming me or anything please keep in mind that this is just my opinion

    FUN

    5. Resistance FOM
    4. Killzone 2
    3. Bad Company 2
    2. Resistance 2
    1. UNCHARTED 2: AMONG THIEVES

    RUBBISH

    5. MAG
    4. Call of Duty World at War
    3. Call of Duty 4
    2. Mordern Warfare 2
    1. Medal of Honor
    Last edited by wolfsfang; October 19, 2010 at 10:25am.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

    and if you get the chance

    Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

  6. #7581
    Drinking Innocence TheDeviot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Danbury CT
    Posts
    6,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsfang
    Medal of Honor Multiplayer for the 360 is BAD. It is possibly the single most worst online game that I have ever tried to play online which is a shame considering who made the online portion of MOH. DICE's Battlefield games, especially BC2, were great to play online but with this game they have totally messed up big time with this one.

    I even found this list online of what they got so wrong

    1. TERRIBLE
    2. I really thought online was going to be good (BFBC2 = GREAT = DICE = MoH = FAIL, I don't know how that works out but it does) but I feel as if my money was stolen.
    3. Maps are too small for 12 v 12
    4. Spawn points are completely broken
    5. You party up with your friends but get put on opposite teams = SQUAD PARTY FAIL
    6. You can't tell where your squad members are on the mini map
    7. Game starts are random and people are playing before others get into the game
    8. Weapons all seem the same... just different names and skins
    9. Maps are too SMALL (I know but I had to say it twice)
    10. One hit sniper kills??? BFBC2 has the best sniping to date
    11. Blast radius and throwing distance for grenades are horrendous
    12. Attachments in relation to gun attributes are messed up (How does a laser sight take away damage?)
    13. Rating system is completely flawed... Skill rating??? Come on DICE
    14. Gameplay pauses
    15. Maps are too SMALL (lol) and little to no destruction = FAIL
    16. No prone
    17. and too many SNIPERS!!!!
    18. Mics sometimes mess up and no lobby chat
    19. Lag is ridiculous
    20. No recoil on guns
    21. Gun attributes make no difference
    22. 4 objective maps and 4 combat maps... LAME
    23. 203s and RPGs are way underpowered
    24. Bolt actions kill you even if it hits your baby toe. Should be headshot kill, body shot 2 shots.
    25. Cant choose where you spawn.
    26. Theres little to no cover around the flags in sector control (BC2 always had at least a box around a flag to give a single person a chance)
    27. No bullet drop when sniping from a distance
    28. You can drop mortars and rockets on enemy spawn points in most maps.
    29. When you die, if you use your killstreak reward after, you gain the points. I think since you died, yes you should be able to use the reward, but you shouldnt get the points still.

    so with this in mind here is my top 5 lists of games that I think are fun to play online and games I think are terrible. Oh and before anyone starts flaming me or anything please keep in mind that this is just my opinion

    FUN

    5. Resistance FOM
    4. Killzone 2
    3. Bad Company 2
    2. Resistance 2
    1. UNCHARTED 2: AMONG THIEVES

    RUBBISH

    5. MAG
    4. Call of Duty World at War
    3. Call of Duty 4
    2. Mordern Warfare 2
    1. Medal of Honor
    I played the MoH beta, I honestly didn't have those kinds of problems with it. Of course I only played the one level in the mountains with objectives, and some other one with a bunch of crates.

    Basically after playing I didn't buy MoH because I think the game as a whole feels very uninspired. Basically DICE took a few good things from The Battlefield series like BC2's Rush mode, 1942's Conquest. Took out all of the spawns, and vehicles that go along with it (You can only spawn on the frontlines or at the very start of the map), amped up the HDR a bit, and went with a more controversial setting. Then they said, "Let's take all of this stuff, and make the guns feel less BF, and more COD."
    Since ex IW guys are at EA I wouldn't be surprised if Respawn folks helped out. Supposedly they also had real veterans give input, and for those who may have forgotten IW did do the first few MoH games before doing CoD for Activision.

    Anyway I had a bigger problem with MW2's ridiculous spawn points, and glitchy gameplay than anything in the MoH beta. I WILL say however there are a few things that left me scratching my head.

    1. Why only three classes? Not everyone needs to be a sniper or an assault guy. Nobody is going to play the third class once they have all three maxed.

    2. Is it just me or did DICE give the Terrorist team the best darned Sniper rifle in the game AT THE START?!?!? Seriously I picked people off so easily as a bad guy Sniper. But go in as a Marine Sniper, and you're screwed. You seriously do not need to bother with unlocking the other guns for Sniper class on the Terrorist side. You can, but you won't use them. At all.

    3. Why is everyone overhyping this thing? It IS better than MW2, I'll give it that. But not by very much, it's still very been there done that. If you came from MW2 you'll probably think it's what you should have gotten 10 months ago from Activision which honestly was more of CoD4 with more features, but rushed.
    If you came from BC2 you're going to wonder where the enviornments went, why there are less modes, and where the tanks, and choppers went. My guess is the single player game is probably much better than the other two "Contemporary Army Shooters" But it's still not something I see a lot of people replaying a bunch of times.

    Honestly, I'd like to see more frantic arcadey deathmatch games return. I don't think they will, after Quake Wars fizzled, 2142 didn't make a splash, UT3 (which I thought was a great game) tanked, Studios probably think they're too high risk. Although Section 8 carved out a small niche but I digress.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

    -?

  7. #7582
    Born A Monster wolfsfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,345
    Quick follow up

    Medal of Honor single player campaign is AWESOME. Multiplayer still sucks but single player is awesome.

    Oh and it is not that I suck at the multiplayer, sometimes I get more kills than deaths and sometimes more deaths than kills so I would say I am average. What makes it suck mainly is that the maps are really small and you tend to get snipered pretty much as soon as you spawn and after the 10th time it does tend to get a bit tedious.

    Not to mention that sometimes there is a delay between you pressing the trigger button and the gun actually firing which makes you an easy target for any one

    Oh and I have Section 8 and to be honest I was not too impressed with it. There was nothing wrong with it like there is with MW2 or even MOH I just found it kind of boring and now it is hard to even get a game because hardly anyone plays it.
    Last edited by wolfsfang; October 19, 2010 at 06:18pm.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

    and if you get the chance

    Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

  8. #7583
    Mother Canucker GP Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    788
    I just got the platinum trophy for Modern Warfare 2!

  9. #7584
    Heroic Warrior vadersfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,784
    Anyone buying the DLC next tuesday for "RED DEAD REDEMPTION - UNDEAD". It will be the last DLC for the game till the next RRD comes out which would be a couple of years at least.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

  10. #7585
    GWILDOR 2012 MANGLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    swamp near palace 2
    Posts
    527
    yes! i am going to get the undead nightmare dlc. i'm really excited about this add on. i read somewhere that all the rdr dlc will be collected on one disc, released in november, it will be 30 bucks.
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

  11. #7586
    Lumpy Space Person Brad2dbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,618
    Is anyone getting Fallout: New Vegas? I love Fallout 3, but I played it for more than 100 hours so I got a little burned out. My fear with New Vegas is that it will feel like more of the same and I'll get bored quickly.

    Speaking of more of the same, I saw some of you guys talking about Red Dead Redemption and I have the same fear about that game, since I'm burnt out on GTA. Will RDR feel fresh and new or does it feel like GTA on a horse?

  12. #7587
    All you need is Spidey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    723
    So... I got Rockband 3 early, and quite possibly for free!

    I had a pre-order for the keyboard bundle since back in August I think, but I got an e-mail from Amazon yesterday, saying that they had to cancel my pre-order, since for whatever reason Sony didn't want the bundles to be released, or something of the sort, I don't quite know the details, so I got bummed out, and this morning I was ready to place another order for the disc and the keyboard, since they gave me a 10 dollar credit towards that purchase, but just as soon as I was getting ready to place my order the UPS guy knocked at my door, and there it was, the bundle, game and keyboard. So I'm a little puzzled now, my account was not charged (yet) and I have a 10 dollar credit from Amazon as well! I imagine once my signature makes it back to Amazon via UPS they'll charge me, we'll see..

    My question is.. do any of you know how to export my rockband 2 songs into rockband 3?? I searched for an answer in the PSN Store, in the booklet, Rockband.com there's no actual topic about it, all of my previous dlc work just fine, including rockband 1, greenday rockband and lego rockband, (it was automatic really) but Rockband 2 is a mistery
    Growing up happens in a heartbeat. One day you're in diapers; the next day you're gone... But the memories of childhood stay with you for the long haul. I remember a place... a town... a house like a lot of other houses... A yard like a lot of other yards... On a street like a lot of other streets. And the thing is... After all these years, I still look back with wonder...

  13. #7588
    Adora's Father dorrmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Fountain, CO
    Posts
    10,988
    Wow. I can't answer your question, but congrats. I can't wait for it!
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

    Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

  14. #7589
    Almighty Dictator Skullface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
    My question is.. do any of you know how to export my rockband 2 songs into rockband 3?? I searched for an answer in the PSN Store, in the booklet, Rockband.com there's no actual topic about it, all of my previous dlc work just fine, including rockband 1, greenday rockband and lego rockband, (it was automatic really) but Rockband 2 is a mistery
    Nobody knows for certain yet, as Harmonix has not given any details yet - My guess is that on the 26th, there will be a patch, allowing an option from the RB2 main menu to export. (Just like they did for RB1) I have no info to base that on, but I've heard that it'll cost more than it did the 1st time around. (I think it was like $6 or so for RB1, so I'm guessing $10-$15 for RB2)
    This space for rent, apparently.....

  15. #7590
    All you need is Spidey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    723
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Nobody knows for certain yet, as Harmonix has not given any details yet - My guess is that on the 26th, there will be a patch, allowing an option from the RB2 main menu to export. (Just like they did for RB1) I have no info to base that on, but I've heard that it'll cost more than it did the 1st time around. (I think it was like $6 or so for RB1, so I'm guessing $10-$15 for RB2)
    yeah, well I guess I'll have to wait, so far I'm loving it though! I spent a good 40 minutes just creating my character, you get so much more options now! I've been playing with the keyboard's pro mode and it is a blast! it actually feels like you're actually making music! I can't wait until I can actually afford a squire to play guitar!
    Growing up happens in a heartbeat. One day you're in diapers; the next day you're gone... But the memories of childhood stay with you for the long haul. I remember a place... a town... a house like a lot of other houses... A yard like a lot of other yards... On a street like a lot of other streets. And the thing is... After all these years, I still look back with wonder...

  16. #7591

  17. #7592
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,688
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  18. #7593
    Almighty Dictator Skullface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,346
    So has anyone else downloaded Sonic 4-Episode 1 yet? Definitely awesome, especially if you're a fan of the original game.

    The big holiday release weeks are coming up, between Force Unleashed 2, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Smackdown vs Raw, God of War: Ghost of Sparta, Goldeneye, COD Black Ops, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, The Sly Collection, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and whatever else I've forgotten that drops between now & Thanksgiving.

    Definitely looking forward to Force Unleashed 2 this week, and Goldeneye/Ghost of Sparta next week!
    This space for rent, apparently.....

  19. #7594
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Definitely looking forward to Force Unleashed 2 this week, and Goldeneye/Ghost of Sparta next week!
    Can't wait to pick FU2 LE from Gamestop on Tuesday!!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  20. #7595
    GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    1,470
    Anyone else here playing DJ Hero 2? What an awesome game. It is so addictive.
    Ironmans Want List:

    MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

    Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

  21. #7596
    Adora's Father dorrmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Fountain, CO
    Posts
    10,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    Anyone else here playing DJ Hero 2? What an awesome game. It is so addictive.
    No, but only because I can't stand that type of music.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

    Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

  22. #7597
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    Anyone else here playing DJ Hero 2? What an awesome game. It is so addictive.
    I got DJ Hero (The Renegade Edition) for the Wii last Christmas and then saw its price plummet. So I think this year I am going to just wait for DJ2 to be on the bargain bin since the music genre always seems to end up $10-15 after a few months (I just picked up Band Hero, Rock Band Greenday for those prices a few weeks ago)

    How does it compare to the first though?
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  23. #7598
    Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    10,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    Anyone else here playing DJ Hero 2? What an awesome game. It is so addictive.
    I actually just picked up the first game (including turn table) about a month or so ago for $40. It's pretty cool. Like Markatisu, I'll get the 2nd one when it drops in price. That's also what I'm going to do with Rock Band 3 and the new Guitar Hero. These music games drop in price so quickly it's hardly worth it for me to buy them right when (or shortly after) they come out.
    ____________________________________________

    Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

  24. #7599
    Drinking Innocence TheDeviot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Danbury CT
    Posts
    6,135
    Smackdown Vs. Raw 2011 Out tomorrow.

    First 360/PS3 version review out. I'll have the Wii version tomorrow night so I'll post my impressions. What little I can find, seems like it'll be the 360 game running at a lower resolution, and no online mode.

    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

    -?

  25. #7600
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,688
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •