Page 306 of 351 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316 ... LastLast
Results 7,626 to 7,650 of 8757

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

  1. #7626
    Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Planet Eronia
    Posts
    18,012
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    * New codec for Xbox Live voice chat that improves communication quality.
    I really don't like it at all. While you can hear what everyone sounds like more clearly, it's also a lot more annoying imo. No one in my usual party likes it and they really don't appreciate it when someone screams.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

  2. #7627
    Masta of da Fryin' Pan PanMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,111
    I hate the look and sound of it. I really loved the sounds of the last version and this just seems like we moved back to an old style computer or something. Too high pitched on the ears! I liked the old clicking/popping sound ... can I change back
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

  3. #7628
    Fright Zone HordakQuack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lakeland, FL
    Posts
    954
    Took advantage of Target's B2G1 free sale yesterday, my brother and I got DJ Hero 2, The Force Unleashed II, and Goldeneye.
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

    "The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

  4. #7629
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,615
    Tried out PS3 Move today, felt natural like the Wii but not really impressed with the Sports Champion game. I will probably get it, if for no other reason then to play RE5 "properly" but it is definitely going to wait for a price drop.

    Still waiting to try Kinect, I went to 3 Best Buys and all 3 had the setup but they had taken away the Kinect unit for some odd reason.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  5. #7630
    Drinking Innocence TheDeviot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Danbury CT
    Posts
    6,124
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Still waiting to try Kinect, I went to 3 Best Buys and all 3 had the setup but they had taken away the Kinect unit for some odd reason.
    From what I've seen? Doesn't work.
    If you're not warm enough won't detect you
    Usually doesn't detect from the waist down
    And when it DOES work, it's wildly inaccurate.
    I think it's going to take a few firmware revisions before it starts getting to where they really want it. Also probably why the launch games are pretty weak.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

    -?

  6. #7631
    Born A Monster wolfsfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,266
    Downloaded Blacklight Tango Down on the PS3 and I think it is great. Ok the graphics are not the best ever but the game itself is a lot of fun to play
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

    and if you get the chance

    Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

  7. #7632
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,615
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    From what I've seen? Doesn't work.

    If you're not warm enough won't detect you

    Usually doesn't detect from the waist down And when it DOES work, it's wildly inaccurate.

    I think it's going to take a few firmware revisions before it starts getting to where they really want it. Also probably why the launch games are pretty weak.
    I have watched numerous videos that say the space needed is ridiculous. I don't even think I have the room for it to work.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  8. #7633
    Drinking Innocence TheDeviot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Danbury CT
    Posts
    6,124
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I have watched numerous videos that say the space needed is ridiculous. I don't even think I have the room for it to work.
    Lol. Despite this, I still bought a Whopper Meal today. On the off chance I win, it'll be a nice prize for toys for tots.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

    -?

  9. #7634
    Almighty Dictator Skullface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,346
    Prince of Persia - Sands of Time Trilogy HD remakes confirmed for North America:

    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1134305p1.html

    The downside is, they're PSN downloads only. (And probably $15+ each, if sold separately) Looks like I'll be importing the European disc. The price will probably be about the same, but that's less HDD space wasted, and no licensing rights to deal with.....

    They also confirm the PS2 Splinter Cell games getting HD redos.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

  10. #7635
    Drinking Innocence TheDeviot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Danbury CT
    Posts
    6,124
    Some Bad Company 2 news:

    For those who missed out, or wish to double dip The Windows version of Battlefield Bad Company 2 is now only $19.99!
    Also Electronic Arts is selling it discounted direct
    EA Store


    Steam
    Gamestop
    Target
    NewEgg


    All of the bonus content console users pay for is free. (Has been from day one) The game scales very well. Old PC's (4 year old dual core w dx9 graphics card) can usually play with console visuals @ 1024x768 and still get a decent frame rate (30-60 fps) Obviously newer rigs will look, and run better than the home systems.
    Also it's a good price if you're looking for a highly popular shooter for a gamer for Christmas who hasn't played it yet. Especially if like me, you're on a shoestring gift budget this year.

    Finally the Vietnam expansion pack (DLC) is right around the corner (Windows/360/PS3) A price hasn't been announced yet, but it is shaping up to be pretty awesome.

    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

    -?

  11. #7636
    Dirk & Daphne Blue Jester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Singe's Castle
    Posts
    6,036
    I recently picked up Fable II and just got marrried (in the game).


    I'm hearing a lot of mixed things about Fable III which I was considering getting.


    Anyone have it? What do you think?


    And I'm SO bummed that Akira Yamaoka is not coming back for Silent Hill 8!

  12. #7637
    Born A Monster wolfsfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,266
    just bought God of War 1 and 2 on the Playstation store. I already have them on PS2 but I just couldn't resist getting them for the PS3 as well as I love the GOW games.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

    and if you get the chance

    Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

  13. #7638
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,615
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    just bought God of War 1 and 2 on the Playstation store. I already have them on PS2 but I just couldn't resist getting them for the PS3 as well as I love the GOW games.
    They are really worth it, I love the HD versions (I got them for Christmas)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  14. #7639
    Almighty Dictator Skullface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,346
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    just bought God of War 1 and 2 on the Playstation store. I already have them on PS2 but I just couldn't resist getting them for the PS3 as well as I love the GOW games.
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    They are really worth it, I love the HD versions (I got them for Christmas)
    And if anyone in the US was sitting on the fence about the God of War Collection that doesn't already have it, Wal-Mart is gonna have it (and other games, including inFamous) on Black Friday for $10.

    www.bfads.net
    This space for rent, apparently.....

  15. #7640
    Heroic Warrior IronAvatar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    They are really worth it, I love the HD versions (I got them for Christmas)
    The problem with working in the games industry, is that you notice all of the flaws in things like the HD version of the GoW games. Like the really simple modelling around the hands as well as the lack of texture space used on them.

    And the animations. Good god...they have all that memory free, could they not have uncompressed them to stop the jittery movements?

    Apart from stuff like that, I also love the GoW games. Even on the PS3.
    Yesterday returneth not. Tomorrow perhaps cometh not. Today is thine. Misuse it not.

  16. #7641
    Almighty Dictator Skullface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,346
    The next franchise to get "LEGO'd" (or should that be bricked?) will be Pirates of the Caribbean.

    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/113/1135425p1.html
    This space for rent, apparently.....

  17. #7642
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    The next franchise to get "LEGO'd" (or should that be bricked?) will be Pirates of the Caribbean.

    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/113/1135425p1.html
    I saw that earlier, has to be because of the new movie right? I mean otherwise they are a few years late

    Anybody else try OnLive (the streaming game service), I had heard lots of bad things about bandwidth and lag but tried it out tonight and am really shocked at how good it is.

    I am not sold on giving them $50 for a digital copy of a game that is only as good as the service runs but after playing the free trials of Lego Harry Potter, Borderlands, and Assassins Creed 2 on it I am sold that its a nice alternative to messing with your PC.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  18. #7643
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    17,965
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I have watched numerous videos that say the space needed is ridiculous. I don't even think I have the room for it to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    From what I've seen? Doesn't work.
    If you're not warm enough won't detect you
    Usually doesn't detect from the waist down
    And when it DOES work, it's wildly inaccurate.
    I think it's going to take a few firmware revisions before it starts getting to where they really want it. Also probably why the launch games are pretty weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Tried out PS3 Move today, felt natural like the Wii but not really impressed with the Sports Champion game. I will probably get it, if for no other reason then to play RE5 "properly" but it is definitely going to wait for a price drop.

    Still waiting to try Kinect, I went to 3 Best Buys and all 3 had the setup but they had taken away the Kinect unit for some odd reason.
    I've got it and it works quite good from what i've played. I don't have a lot of space and when I went into the calibration I saw that it was not seeing below my knees, so I placed it ontop of 3 dvd cases and now it sees all of me. it's really very cool, I'd say from what I've played the potential outweighs the current execution, but all it takes is programming, I dont' think firmware updates need to be made, it's like Wii Sports is probably still one of the best motion games for a first gen outing because it uses the tech the best. Anyway I'm starting up a pop culture review blog when I get the review up and running I'll post a link to it and my blog. but This kinect thing gives you a SERIOUS workout. even more than wii sports boxing and wii fit hula hoop!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  19. #7644
    Heroic Warrior vadersfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,784
    Anyone going to pick up the Mario Collection that is coming out 12/12/10 as it has 4 games in 1 disc. It even has the Mario lost levels which is really hard and if you have these games already from Vitual console you should check them out anyway since the redid them with much better in graphics.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

  20. #7645
    LIKE A HERMIT! mightybuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    remote island
    Posts
    3,395
    Quote Originally Posted by vadersfist View Post
    Anyone going to pick up the Mario Collection that is coming out 12/12/10 as it has 4 games in 1 disc. It even has the Mario lost levels which is really hard and if you have these games already from Vitual console you should check them out anyway since the redid them with much better in graphics.
    i plan on grabbing it. my little brother has copies of mario 2 and 3 on gba, but aside from borrowing those i've only been able to play them at a relative's house. i look forward to finally owning those games myself, along with lost levels, but i'm even more interested in the booklet and music that come with it.

  21. #7646
    Evil Master of Warcraft
    GeologyMule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Knoxvegas, TN
    Posts
    5,708
    /sigh

    As much as I have blasted the Wii in this thread I have another one hooked up. (I basically gave mine to my niece and nephew years ago, but would still play it on occasion).

    A long time friend of my girlfriend had an extra one and gave it to her. I hooked it up and she spanked me in bowling. I'm excited to play a few of the vitural console games again. My brother doesn't have high speed internet so I haven't been able to download any.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

    Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980


  22. #7647
    Almighty Dictator Skullface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,346
    Gotta say, so far, Donkey Kong Country Returns is AWESOME! Hats off to Retro Studios. While they didn't reinvent the wheel like they did w/the Metroid Prime series, they've done an excellent job of updating a classic franchise.

    My only gripes are that you can't swap between Donkey Kong & Diddy Kong, (Diddy is only playable in co-op) and that the motion controls are a little iffy. I've been playing with just the Wiimote, and having to shake the controller for 3 different actions has been leading to a lot of unintended deaths. Would have *loved* to see a Classic Controller option for this.

    For the completionists out there, this game is gonna take you a LONG time to get 100%. (Probably on par with or maybe even longer than getting all the stars in Super Mario Galaxy 1 or 2) All the KONG letters, puzzle pieces, secret areas, time trials/speed runs, etc.... And the difficulty for doing so is WAY up there.

    If you are a fan of the SNES DKC games, and don't mind a hearty challenge, I wholeheartedly recommend grabbing this!
    This space for rent, apparently.....

  23. #7648
    LIKE A HERMIT! mightybuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    remote island
    Posts
    3,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Gotta say, so far, Donkey Kong Country Returns is AWESOME! Hats off to Retro Studios. While they didn't reinvent the wheel like they did w/the Metroid Prime series, they've done an excellent job of updating a classic franchise.

    My only gripes are that you can't swap between Donkey Kong & Diddy Kong, (Diddy is only playable in co-op) and that the motion controls are a little iffy. I've been playing with just the Wiimote, and having to shake the controller for 3 different actions has been leading to a lot of unintended deaths. Would have *loved* to see a Classic Controller option for this.

    For the completionists out there, this game is gonna take you a LONG time to get 100%. (Probably on par with or maybe even longer than getting all the stars in Super Mario Galaxy 1 or 2) All the KONG letters, puzzle pieces, secret areas, time trials/speed runs, etc.... And the difficulty for doing so is WAY up there.

    If you are a fan of the SNES DKC games, and don't mind a hearty challenge, I wholeheartedly recommend grabbing this!
    i keep hearing this game is tough, but are any of the SNES games on par with this one difficulty-wise? i never had a super nintendo, so i never played donkey kong country. i wanted to get one of them on VC before buying DKCR just so i'd know what i'm getting into.

  24. #7649
    Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    10,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Gotta say, so far, Donkey Kong Country Returns is AWESOME!
    Good to hear!

    I haven't played it yet, but I just received my order from Amazon for it yesterday. I plan to play it some over the holiday weekend.

    This is actually one of the few new console games I'm buying right now (during the fall-to-Christmas game release season). The other two that I have preordered right now are Epic Mickey and the Wii release of Super Mario All-Stars (which is apparently just a port of the SNES game, but I'm a sucker for Mario). So, ironically, pretty much all of the "must haves" for me are coming out for the Wii right now.

    There really just hasn't been that much that has come out this fall that screams "MUST HAVE" for me for PS3 or Xbox 360.

    I do eventually plan to get Rock Band 3, DJ Hero 2 and the newest Guitar Hero, but those games come down in price so quickly that it's hardly worth it anymore to get them right when they come out (in fact DJ Hero 1 was a relatively recent purchase for me). The only way I will get them right away is if I find any really good online black friday deals for them, and I'm not holding my breath on that happening (at least not deals that are good enough to make me get them now).

    I'll also eventually get Star Wars the Force Unleashed II, but again, it's one that I can wait for a price drop to get.




    By the way... if anyone finds out about any good online deals for black friday (or something similar) for Wii Classic Controllers, please let me know (either here or via PM). It doesn't matter if it's the original versions of the newer "Pro" versions, as long as they are the first party ones made by Nintendo (color doesn't really matter either). Just be careful about knock-offs, there are some out there that in pictures look just like the official ones, just without the Wii logo on them (and I hear they work like crap).
    ____________________________________________

    Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

  25. #7650
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    This is actually one of the few new console games I'm buying right now (during the fall-to-Christmas game release season). The other two that I have preordered right now are Epic Mickey and the Wii release of Super Mario All-Stars (which is apparently just a port of the SNES game, but I'm a sucker for Mario). So, ironically, pretty much all of the "must haves" for me are coming out for the Wii right now.
    Those are the games I have preordered as well

    There really just hasn't been that much that has come out this fall that screams "MUST HAVE" for me for PS3 or Xbox 360.
    Yup and anything that does scream it I know as sure as the sun rises that in a few months you will have "Game of the Year" and "Platinum" Editions that usually have all the DLC content and added stuff for cheaper

    It has gotten really bad this gen, why blow $50-60 and then buy DLC when in 3-6 months you get the supersized edition of the game for $35 or the original for $15-20 on clearance
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •