Page 308 of 351 FirstFirst ... 208258298306307308309310318 ... LastLast
Results 7,676 to 7,700 of 8774

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

DEC 12th if anyone hasn't said anything about it yet. Its on the net with a full website, you would have to google it as I don't remember it right off hand.

Quote Originally Posted by mkpat View Post
    WHAT?!? I didn't hear about that! I definitely want to cop that one!!!
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Splatterhouse is back and blood loads of fun. A great next gen update of the original series and a good challenge on the hard level of play.
    The game has a fresh stylized look about it with good character animations.
    Many monsters to hack up in the most grizzly and gruesome fashion and many ways to go about it. Platform levels are a sweet throwback to the days of the arcade and 16 bit consoles.
    The soundtrack has a oldschool vibe to it and it switches from that to modern metal when appropriate and in some instances none at all, only the sound of Rick tearing his enemies a new one. Sound effects are well done too. Ripping and tearing monsters apart or pummeling their face in sound so juicy.
    Terror mask can be fed with spilled blood to unlock new attacks, more health, new abilities and more. i know this kind of upgrading is nothing new to gaming but it's all about what you can acquire and Rick's new moves are badass and so brutal it's comical at times, This is a good thing!
    Controls are smooth and responsive and the camera is right there with you. Maybe 3 times i was like ***?! i'm fighting off screen!. Biggest complaint is load time between continues, it's not the worst but i just want to get back in the action and the hold-up can be a drag.
    IMO Splatterhouse has lasting appeal. It reminds me of the games of yesterday like a Donkey Kong, Smash TV, Double Dragon Lifeforce, OR like the original Splatterhouse games which are an included unlockable. What i mean is that i can go back to this game for a fun time over and over again.
    In closing, Splatterhouse 2010 is one of the better horror updates it feels very much like the original. Back in the day, it had plenty of gore and violence, skinless walking corpses, giant monsters and nastiness etc... It's just more technologically advanced this time around.
    GOOD:
    visuals, control, soundtrack, gameplay, upgrades, throwback portions like side scrolling levels and top down play. A FUN experience.
    BAD:
    load time between continues and a just a few times where i fought out of frame.

i have the PS3 version.

-MANGLORD
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

got a ps3 on black friday. it was the god of war bundle from gamestop. i also got arkham asylum, ratchet and clank future: a crack in time, and castlevania: lords of shadow. i couldn't remember which ratchet and clank game was the first one, so i just let the cashier grab one of them. a friend of mine already let me borrow his copy of tools of destruction though, so i'm set.

i've only had a chance to play the first god of war and castlevania, i like both games so far. i've played batman before, as well as a ton of ratchet and clank, so it looks like i picked a bunch of winners.

New Ghostbusters game announced for PSN/XBL/Windows

Atari and Sony are teaming up for Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime, a new video game scheduled for release on the PlayStation Network, Xbox Live and Windows PC Download. Players take the role of the rookie, hired by the original ghostbusters in 2009's Ghostbusters: The Video Game, which sold more than 1 million copies.

Game Hunters got this exclusive first glimpse at a pair of early screen shots of the game, being developed by Wanako.

The four-player adventure game -- playable locally or online -- lets players again don a proton pack and fend off a new supernatural threat. Promised are gigantic bosses that require teamwork and the entirety of the ghostbusting arsenal: the proton stream, plasma inductor and the fermion shock.

This game represents a passing of the Ghostbusters guard in the video game realm at least, as none of the actors who appeared in the films such as Bill Murray and Dan Ackroyd are scheduled to appear.

Players do get a perk in that, for the first time, they get to drive one of the Ghostbuster mobiles, the Ecto-3.

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Top down play like Data East's Real Ghostbusters arcade and the ability to drive. I can dig it.

No Murray, Aykroyd, Ramis or Hudson

to anybody,
    Ghostbusters 09 is a good game. if you have not played it, you should.

First full trailer for Back to the Future the Game

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I seen that about the "Back to the future" game as it coming for PSN and PC so gametrailers said. Plus don't forget to watch the VGA's and THEN for those SONY LOVERS like myself, SONY is going to announce something RIGHT AFTER the show that will be an exclusive.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

what do you think it is vadersfist, uncharted 3 or something completely new?

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I didn't know they were making BTTF! The trailer looks a little iffy to me, but could be really cool if done right.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    I didn't know they were making BTTF! The trailer looks a little iffy to me, but could be really cool if done right.
    According to TellTale that trailer above has an issue with lipsync and the rendering engine was not working right when they made it (lack of shadows, etc). I think they uploaded a new synched up trailer today and the engine is now working 100%

Its a point and click game (all Telltale games are) so that might put the game in proper context

Someone made Skeletor and Battle Cat in DC Universe online:

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    That's pretty cool. Custom characters can be fun. It was possible to make a pretty accurate Skeletor in Mortal Kombat Armageddon.

On a separate note, gotta love these holiday sales! I went to K-Mart this morning because they had NBA Jam for PS3 for $29.99 (I think the Xbox 360 version may have been the same price, but I know for sure the PS3 version was in their ad and that was the version that I wanted).

I'm not much of a sports fan in general, let alone a fan of sports video games. But for whatever reason, I did enjoy the NBA Jam games on SNES quite a bit, and so I wanted to try this new version out. But the usual $50 price was more than I wanted to spend. $30 was the sweet spot for me.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsall...tlecatdcuo.jpg
    That is cool, I have not encountered anybody looking like that, everyone I run into looks like a variation of Superman or Spiderman

Got to see (Didn't play, the line was batcrap insane) the new Lego MMO at the Lego Convention in Hartford. It looks like a hybrid between action platformer, and World of Warcraft. There are still spells, and grinding. But there aren't a truckload of menus to run through. There's also a lot of emphasis on building everything with actual Legos. I don't know if there is a virtual currency system like in WoW where levelling up or beating quests for loot allow you to buy supplies to build your castles, etc. But it did seem like the kids who were playing it were really enjoying themselves, and getting into it.

The only thing that I'm not sold on is the monthly subscription model. Grown ups have a hard enough time justifying the monthly Activision/Blizzard bill. I don't really see them having a Lego bill too. Especially since Kids will want monthly Lego, and console games, and portable games, and toys, and movies, etc., and may not play their "Money's worth" at every given moment the way a hardcore WoW fan does.
    If they dump the subscription, and go with free ad supported servers I could see it doing pretty well for itself though. Maybe not WoW numbers, but enough to keep it going, and competing with Korean Kids' MMO's.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    That is cool, I have not encountered anybody looking like that, everyone I run into looks like a variation of Superman or Spiderman
    Makes me sad I never received a beta invite.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

ok my new ps3 finally arrived today, my last one having suffered from the ylod, so I decided to put my old hard drive into my new system as it is much bigger and had all my save files. Only for it to decide it was corrupt and proceeded with formatting it which means I lost everything. So i tried to reinstall all my saves from my backup device and it decided it doesn't like that either

this means I now have to redownload everything I ever bought off the store as well as replay all my games. All because companies that make consoles can't make them so that they don't break down anymore. I never had any problems with my old consoles, my snes, mega drive / genesis, n64, gamecube, ps2 and xbox all still work fine the only consoles that I have ever had any issues with are the 360 and the PS3 and they are supposed to be the best ones. Yeah...best at breaking down very easily
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    ok my new ps3 finally arrived today, my last one having suffered from the ylod, so I decided to put my old hard drive into my new system as it is much bigger and had all my save files. Only for it to decide it was corrupt and proceeded with formatting it which means I lost everything. So i tried to reinstall all my saves from my backup device and it decided it doesn't like that either
    Yeah, it's pretty well-known that the only way to truly get all data off one system to the other hitch-free, is to use the data transfer ability between systems. (Of course, this doesn't help when your old system suffers the YLOD)

I had to get my old 60GB PS3 repaired, do the system transfer, back up the new system, swap the hard drives, and then restore the backed up files to keep everything nice and orderly. (Which took the better part of a day, BTW)

Anytime you put a hard drive into any PS3 for the first time, it ALWAYS formats it.

My only advice to keep things pain free, is to back up save data often. Unless it's a copy protected save, it should transfer between systems via external HDD or USB card reader with minimal fuss.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    The only thing that I'm not sold on is the monthly subscription model. Grown ups have a hard enough time justifying the monthly Activision/Blizzard bill. I don't really see them having a Lego bill too. Especially since Kids will want monthly Lego, and console games, and portable games, and toys, and movies, etc., and may not play their "Money's worth" at every given moment the way a hardcore WoW fan does.
    If they dump the subscription, and go with free ad supported servers I could see it doing pretty well for itself though. Maybe not WoW numbers, but enough to keep it going, and competing with Korean Kids' MMO's.
    Before I started playing WoW I'd say there was no way I was paying a monthly fee.

Now I don't mind it one bit. I pay...what about 80 bucks a year for XBL?

The MMOs now are going to the free to play, purchase upgrades model like LotR online and even Farmville. I've played some of them and I'll stick to my subscription based game.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Before I started playing WoW I'd say there was no way I was paying a monthly fee.

The MMOs now are going to the free to play, purchase upgrades model like LotR online and even Farmville. I've played some of them and I'll stick to my subscription based game.
    Yeah I don't mind paying one for Star Trek, and I know I will probably end up paying for DC Online and Star Wars the Old Republic.

I am weary of the F2P model, it can make for an overly lopsided game since you would have the opportunity to be better than others based solely on your cash flow.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I am weary of the F2P model, it can make for an overly lopsided game since you would have the opportunity to be better than others based solely on your cash flow.
    Exactly. WoW had implemented some items you can either win, or buy to have in-game, but it is all vanity. Nothing to give you an advantage over another player or make a boss easier to beat.

This was posted earlier on Neogaf (the video game forum)
    Ok well I got the OK to tell people about this from my work, but we officially got word in that all US based Game Stop stores will be taking reserves on the 3DS starting on the 26th. Depending on the place holder price you will be required to drop a minimum of $25 on a reserve.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    FYI, right now (and I'm not sure how long it is running for) Amazon is having a buy 1 get 1 half off sale on video games and accessories.

They must be trying to match the Toys R Us deal that's going on right now, though I think going through Amazon can potentially be better in that they might have a better supply than a random TRU location.

There seem to be some exceptions and some items are not included in the sale (i.e. some newer games aren't included... like DKC-Returns or the standard version of Epic Mickey... the collector's edition is included, though... for some reason New Super Mario Bros. Wii is not included.... and for some reason the white Wii Nunchuck IS included, but the black one is not, though it should be noted that the black one is $4 less than the white one right now).

But overall a lot of items are included. There is a list that you can go to, and if you look up a specific game or accessory, there should be a note in the listing that it is included in this sale (with a link to the full sale list as well).

This discovery was both good and bad for me... since I ended up spending more money than I planned on.

As it was, Amazon already had DJ Hero 2 (game only) on sale for $40, so I went to order that, and found the listing for the deal with it. My wife was asking for Monopoly for DS for Christmas, and luckily that qualified, too, so I went ahead and ordered that as well (I was going to buy that DS game no matter what, but why not save a little in the process?)

Then I went ahead and ordered a couple of black Wii Remote Plus's and Nunchucks. I never did get the Wii Motion Plus accessory for either of my current remotes (though so far I haven't needed it), I've been wanting to get 2 more remotes for a total of 4, and I've wanted to get a black remote ever since they first became available.

All versions of the Wiimote seem to be included with the sale. But as I said earlier, for some reason the black nunchuck wasn't. It wasn't a big deal, though, since it was already $4 cheaper than the white nunchuck. Buying 2 of the black nunchucks at the current price was only about $2 more than buying 2 of the white ones with this deal.

And all of this after buying NBA Jam for PS3 at K-Mart this weekend for $30.

The deals, themselves, are great, but I have to stop, or I'm going to go broke.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Ghostbusters Trailer

X-Men Arcade hits Xbox LIVE next week - no date confirmed for PSN yet. Hopefully it'll be the same...

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/113/1138945p1.html

Well, I still do mind subscription fees. And if you are paying $80 for Xbox Live, you are getting ripped off. It's not supposed to be $80. I personally feel that paying to just play online on Xbox itself is a ripoff, considering I can play online on PC and PS3 for free and still get great connections.