Page 330 of 351 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340 ... LastLast
Results 8,226 to 8,250 of 8761

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by mkpat View Post
    Putting in a brand new one. The Xbox is new.
    The hard drives pop in and out really easy. You can actually use a flash drive in the USB port now to save your profile to if you want.

My 7th Xbox had a 220 GB HD and Xbox's 1-6 used the same 20 GB. There is a device you can get at gamestop USED for 20 bucks that connects the two hard drives and you can move all your data from one to the other. Use it, then take it back to gamestop within 7 days for the 'don't like it return it' USED policy
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    The hard drives pop in and out really easy. You can actually use a flash drive in the USB port now to save your profile to if you want.

My 7th Xbox had a 220 GB HD and Xbox's 1-6 used the same 20 GB. There is a device you can get at gamestop USED for 20 bucks that connects the two hard drives and you can move all your data from one to the other. Use it, then take it back to gamestop within 7 days for the 'don't like it return it' USED policy
    What is the maximum hard drive capacity the 360 will recognize? I think the PS3 won't recognize anything over 500gb (or at least mine won't).
    My post count just got bigger.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by mkpat View Post
    What is the maximum hard drive capacity the 360 will recognize? I think the PS3 won't recognize anything over 500gb (or at least mine won't).
    to my knowledge the only 'official' hard drive that fit on top is made by xbox and I think 200 or 250. I never used the flash drive, but I've never seen one over 250 gb.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

I just started on DCUO! Now I know what's the meaning of "Barren chat"! Funny as hell.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Steam hacked

I personally buy prepaid cards for my digital distro/online shopping.
    But I still changed all of my passwords in case. No sense in allowing someone else potential access to my PC game collection.

Breach doesn't seem to be the magnitude of the attack on Sony but it was still worth mentioning.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

http://www.sonicretro.org/2011/11/so...details-given/

For all the Video Game Soundtrack lovers, it will hit the store on January 2012.... That thing? I hope I would get that CD.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I hadn't seen anything about the UDraw tablet until I walked in the store over the weekend and saw the display box. It came out yesterday and I picked it up for the 360. I played around some with the art game that came with it and picked up pictionary with it, but haven't played it yet. It isn't as great as say the Kinect, but it's cool. Has a little MarioPaint vibe to it.

I found this out too late, but anyway if you're looking for some pre holiday madness game deals, Target is doing a giftcard deal now through Saturday.
    Buy any two specially marked games (Basically all of this weeks releases qualify), and get a free $20 gift card. It's not much, but figure two games for two people, and now store credit toward a third gift. Hell, $20 might get you a good game off the clearance rack. Some I found in mine (selection may vary on region)

DS
    Contra 4 $5

Wii
    Endless Ocean $15
    Monster Hunter Tri $15
    Ghostbusters $10

UFC Trainer $15
    Backbreaker $9

Not as many noteworthy games as last time, but can't go wrong with Contra 4
    The Deviot
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

well seeing as DCU Online is now free to play I decided to download it and give it a go.

3 hours in it is only at 25% downloaded. At this rate it will take a further 9 hours to download the entire game

You know what I may just cancel it because NO GAME is worth a damn 12 hour long download.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

It isn't that bad, just have it go over night.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    well seeing as DCU Online is now free to play I decided to download it and give it a go.

3 hours in it is only at 25% downloaded. At this rate it will take a further 9 hours to download the entire game

You know what I may just cancel it because NO GAME is worth a damn 12 hour long download.
    Do it when you go to bed.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Evil Master of Warcraft
    NO GAME is worth a damn 12 hour long download.

That statement almost makes me cry.

That statement almost makes me cry.
    why?

Oh and I finally downloaded and installed the game and here is my initial impression of it

What a waste of time. Seriously this is one annoying, overly hard, damn awful mess of a game and the only thing I can say in its defense is at least I didn't waste any money on this super piece of trash.

why?

Oh and I finally downloaded and installed the game and here is my initial impression of it

What a waste of time. Seriously this is one annoying, overly hard, damn awful mess of a game and the only thing I can say in its defense is at least I didn't waste any money on this super piece of trash.
    The only points I have had much trouble difficulty wise are some of the higher solo encounters, Cyborg (who I think was level 10ish), and the Green Lantern knocking back often into other lanterns who in turn knock you back even more.

So I am not seeing the overly hard unless I am missing something.

And I think why, because quite frankly games are going to start moving more and more to digital download. Brick and mortar's aren't carrying the game disks like they used to, and chances are it will come down to you want a "physical copy" just burn it to a disk. The more I think about it, the more I realize a CD or DVD is no more physical than space on a hard drive.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

well if games do go 100% digital download I simply won't get more games. I prefer to have a disk if I can help it.

This way will just end up costing more and more money as you will have to buy more and more hard drives to cope with the amount of room all these games will take up and having to keep swapping them over every time you want to play a game...screw that I would rather not play games any more, or at least not buy any new ones.

Still at the moment it is PC gaming that this seems to be affecting and I don't play games on my PC as to put it bluntly I simply dislike playing games on PCs
    Last edited by wolfsfang; November 20, 2011 at 09:29pm.

Yeah I can see where you are coming from, sad thing is DCUO is one of the smaller games on the market

If you were to try say Conan the MMO that is like 30gb, Star Wars the Old Republic is easily 20+ (the beta alone is 20-24gb), Starcraft II is 8-12gb. Hard drives though have plummeted in price so its not that bad compared to the ridiculous cost of an Xbox 360 hd upgrade for example.

I like discs simply for the loading/install times but since PC games are constantly updated its almost useless because the disc just puts the core game on there then you download gb's of patches and add-ons

As for DC Online, I just want to know have you ever played an MMO before? That might color how you approach this game because when I play it I see nothing that other MMO games have in the way your quests and character progression goes.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Evil Master of Warcraft
    why?
    Because there are some really great games that not only would I wait 12 hours to download, but go as far as sacrificing small children to play.

I was going to give this game a try, but during the sign up process I somehow manage to hit "next" while trying to scroll through the years for birthdays. Instead of putting in 1980 it put 199x and it says I'm too young to play and won't let me do it. I uninstalled and tried again.. No help trying to get to online customer service because I didn't have an account, and yet I couldn't create one. **** this game....

For the Horde!

Yeah I don't mind the download times, if its going to be something massive I start it before I got to sleep and then by the time I come home from work the next day its usually done

What I hate is especially with MMO's instead of just a patch here and there they do a whole new build so you have to redownload the entire thing if there is a major change
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    As for DC Online, I just want to know have you ever played an MMO before? That might color how you approach this game because when I play it I see nothing that other MMO games have in the way your quests and character progression goes.
    well I played World of Warcraft once on that free trial and I absolutely despised it if that counts oh and I have played on that free one called Runescape a bit

still if anyone sees a Hero named Wolfsfang running around or a villain named Lord Mechno flying high above the city...those are me
    Last edited by wolfsfang; November 21, 2011 at 12:07am.

Honestly the patching isn't the big deal it was ten years ago where you spent hours sifting through patches on the publisher's website.

These days most storefronts like Steam autopatch the games.

Frankly Consoles just follow the PC anyhow.

PC's started the online multiplayer, Consoles followed.
    PC's pushed graphics tech, Consoles followed besting previous gens.
    PC's began Digital Distro (Steam/Gog/Origin/D2D) Consoles followed (XBL/PSN/Wiiware)

Especially this gen more than previous ones, consoles have become closed box pc's. Hard drives, Patches, DLC,

It wouldn't surprise me to start seeing "Upgrades" come to consoles. Hell N64 had the Ram expansion pack, which was essentially more Video RAM for it's graphics chipset to work with.

Not arguing one over the other, just pointing out they're much more similar than people realize. And with Hardware prices still falling the price gap can be seen for the myth it is. When the next gen happens the gap will return but it isn't going to be $4000 vs $400, it's going to be $500-$600 vs $400 unless you just really want the largest number of bragging rights. And even then you probably won't be running MS Office on a console, so you may need the $299 laptop in addition to your console anyway.

That said, I've found myself catching up on a lot of Goldeneye multiplayer on my Wii lately. Fun game.
    The Deviot

-?

Oh yeah totally, you can see it the most in the Xbox 360 with its ability to have the hd-dvd add-on, larger hard drives, flash drives, the Kinect sensor bar and the upgrades to the user interface and OS all in the current gen

The problem I think is there is no real middle ground, you have consoles which are pretty much one and done type of systems and then you have PC's where the configurations are endless and the you can do an extreme amount to the game options/tweaks in many games (replace assets, custom levels and textures, etc). Not to mention the physical hardware scaling of adding a new card/processor to upgrade

Things like Steam, EA's Origin, and the cloud gaming OnLive system I think are fitting into this role.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Since the last WoW expansion they do a background downloader. As patches are being refined they are slowly downloaded while you play. When patch day comes you don't have much to download at all.

I got a hard lesson in that with the expansion. I don't depend on my aircard, but I use it a lot. I downloaded 11 gigabytes and I was only allowed 5. Each MEGABYTE over was 25 cents. After explaining to Verizon I had no idea it was happening they knocked it down to 5 cents a mb.

Slight change of subject:
    Nintendo 3ds. I wouldn't mind paying 170 for it. However I don't want to pay it if it does completely fail. What do you all think the future holds for it?

Since the last WoW expansion they do a background downloader. As patches are being refined they are slowly downloaded while you play. When patch day comes you don't have much to download at all.

I got a hard lesson in that with the expansion. I don't depend on my aircard, but I use it a lot. I downloaded 11 gigabytes and I was only allowed 5. Each MEGABYTE over was 25 cents. After explaining to Verizon I had no idea it was happening they knocked it down to 5 cents a mb.

Slight change of subject:
    Nintendo 3ds. I wouldn't mind paying 170 for it. However I don't want to pay it if it does completely fail. What do you all think the future holds for it?
    Considering the fact that since the price drop, it's nearly caught the DS Phat launch numbers, If not beaten them by now, you have nothing to worry about.

It's basically going to give you the DS experience but with 3d graphics, and better horsepower all around.

On top of that it's going to get you a lot of what the Wii had. Webbrowsing, online storefront, Netflix, etc.

Once some heavy hitters roll out like the recent Mario Land, it's only going to gain traction.
    The Deviot

-?

its not going to completely fail, the issue with it originally was a lack of games and the fact the other DS still existed.

Its back on its feet now thanks to Zelda and will only sell more now that Mario Land is coming. Then they can phase the older DS's out and the 3D will move forward by default.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Do you think they will assess the battery in a future model? As much time as I spend in an airplane the battery life is a "turn off".