Page 336 of 351 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337338346 ... LastLast
Results 8,376 to 8,400 of 8768

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Anyone pick up The Witcher 2 for 360? I'm very interested in it.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    And for those who refuse to play a game on a computer (Even though your paltry 8 year old Pentium IV can run it)

It's up on 3DS shop:
    Are you talking about me

Cuz I hate PC gaming.

Oh and I don't have nor want a 3DS

And another thing, I was just wondering if anyone else misses the old instruction manuals for video games? You know the ones that had a LOT of pages filled with detailed stories and bios and info about enemies and various weapons and stuff, ones that had all kinds of wonderful and colorful artwork

These days an instruction manual is around 4 pages long and all they tell you how to do is how to put the game inside the console, they tell you nothing about the game or any of the controls. (hell I have one manual that is a single sheet of paper, the name of the game on one side and warranty instructions / info on the other and that is supposedly the manual)
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Are you talking about me

Cuz I hate PC gaming.

Oh and I don't have nor want a 3DS

And another thing, I was just wondering if anyone else misses the old instruction manuals for video games? You know the ones that had a LOT of pages filled with detailed stories and bios and info about enemies and various weapons and stuff, ones that had all kinds of wonderful and colorful artwork

These days an instruction manual is around 4 pages long and all they tell you how to do is how to put the game inside the console, they tell you nothing about the game or any of the controls. (hell I have one manual that is a single sheet of paper, the name of the game on one side and warranty instructions / info on the other and that is supposedly the manual)
    Eh, there are several.
    Too bad too because VVVVVV is everything people who miss the 8-bit era of console gaming want. And with it's insanely low
    requirements pretty much any computer built in the last 12 years can run it. I'll probably review it soon.
    As far as the manuals go, as a cost cutting measure all directions are going into the in game help menus.
    When they don't do that, they're forcing you to play training missions. It sucks, but if it keeps the price from going over $60
    I can learn to live without it. The majority of games I've nabbed over the last two years have been digitally so I've been used to it for awhile now.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Well I got it for christmas and now, 4 months later, the novelty of the Kinect has just totally worn off cuz apart from Rise of Nightmares there are not that many good kinect games, you have to take into consideration that I HATE sports and dancing (in video games and in real life) and considering 90% of kinect games are sports and dancing it doesn't leave much choice

Well I got it for christmas and now, 4 months later, the novelty of the Kinect has just totally worn off cuz apart from Rise of Nightmares there are not that many good kinect games, you have to take into consideration that I HATE sports and dancing (in video games and in real life) and considering 90% of kinect games are sports and dancing it doesn't leave much choice
    Honestly, the Kinect was designed to grasp some of the family gaming dollars from Nintendo. What types of stuff can you play with your family members of all generations?
    Music games. Rythym games. Board games. Trivia games. serviceable ne'er complicated sport games. The occasional golden age reflex game.
    What games have done well for Nintendo's white box outside of Nintendo's own offerings? Just Dance, Rock Band, Guitar Hero, DDR, Game shows, and
    then some. Even the traditional multiplatform games that have done well, like Call of Duty, pale in the number of units these family focused titles put up.

So it really shouldn't surprise anyone that Microsoft noticed that, and came to the conclusion there's a correlation between these party games, and the Wii's #1 spot.
    That's what Kinect is shooting for. Converting some Wii owners into 360 Kinect owners. Or keeping existing 360 owners from adding Wii's to their entertainment centers.

All of that said if you do some research there are a few cool non family, non party games on the kinect.

One of the coolest ones I've seen has been The Gunstringer. It's finger puppetry crossed with light gun shooting.
    The Deviot
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

I have the Gunstringer it is fun but really short and once I completed it I didn't feel like replaying it

i am disappointed in current manuals, but i can't get too upset at them because i rarely look at them to begin with. video games all have fairly similar controls and i'm able to get by if i fool around with the buttons for a couple seconds. i only crack them open if i'm having trouble with a spot in a game. it's typically something being introduced hours into a game that controls poorly or a minigame that wasn't explained well. as luck would have it, the manual never helps me out in those situations. sometimes i crack open manuals after i've beaten a game, just to see if there are any cool tidbits.

but even though i don't have a need for manuals, i do appreciate it when a game has a nice manual or an insert like a map that i can check out.

Batman: Arkham City GOTY edition hits North America on 5/29. That's the same day we get the "Harley Quinn's Revenge" DLC, which WILL be included on the GOTY edition, along with ALL the previous DLC. (Catwoman, Robin, Nightwing, skins, challenge maps, etc...)

DLC is confirmed to be 2 hours of new story-mode gameplay, alternating between controlling Batman & Robin.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Thats for the update on the arkham city DLC cause I was wondering when this was coming out.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Yes, I'm really looking forward to the Arkham DLC. The more the merrier. (And I'm hoping they'll have tossed a few more Easter Eggs in there, a la Scarecrow.)
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Yes, I'm really looking forward to the Arkham DLC. The more the merrier. (And I'm hoping they'll have tossed a few more Easter Eggs in there, a la Scarecrow.)
    Whatever we get, Easter eggs or not, this will be the last DLC for the game. Let's hope Rocksteady is hard at work on an even better third installment in the series!

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Anyone pick up The Witcher 2 for 360? I'm very interested in it.
    I grabbed this last Thursday. Very story based, so just be prepared. I like it. The guy who sold it to me at Gamestop told me that it was an adult version of Skyrim (although nothing about Skyrim jumped out at me as a children's game) but it really reminds me more of Dark Souls combat wise (a game I really didn't care for) and the Bioware RPGs like KOTOR and Jade Empire or Dragon Age Origins.

I'm not too far into it, but it really is a game to play if you're interested in experiencing a good story. You make choices, but the choices aren't clear good vs. evil choices. The choices you make (so far) seem to be very natural to the character. You don't create a character, either, you are playing a character with a very specific role.

The visuals and sound are really good, the controls are ok, but combat may take some getting accustomed to (it starts off feeling like a button masher, but it really isn't). There is a learning curve, but the game will guide you.
    Just be warned that this isn't a game for kids. It is very dark and violent with plenty of R-rated moments. The story and world are phenomenal, making me want to track down some of the novels the game is based on (if they are in English).
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Whatever we get, Easter eggs or not, this will be the last DLC for the game. Let's hope Rocksteady is hard at work on an even better third installment in the series!
    Amen! These games are like a drug to me - I cannot get enough!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Ladies and Gentleman: Today is: Diablo III and Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode II. =) It's around 14 dollars on Episode II and around 59 on Diablo.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    I grabbed this last Thursday. Very story based, so just be prepared. I like it. The guy who sold it to me at Gamestop told me that it was an adult version of Skyrim (although nothing about Skyrim jumped out at me as a children's game) but it really reminds me more of Dark Souls combat wise (a game I really didn't care for) and the Bioware RPGs like KOTOR and Jade Empire or Dragon Age Origins.

I'm not too far into it, but it really is a game to play if you're interested in experiencing a good story. You make choices, but the choices aren't clear good vs. evil choices. The choices you make (so far) seem to be very natural to the character. You don't create a character, either, you are playing a character with a very specific role.

The visuals and sound are really good, the controls are ok, but combat may take some getting accustomed to (it starts off feeling like a button masher, but it really isn't). There is a learning curve, but the game will guide you.
    Just be warned that this isn't a game for kids. It is very dark and violent with plenty of R-rated moments. The story and world are phenomenal, making me want to track down some of the novels the game is based on (if they are in English).
    sounds great, I loved KOTOR (never finished though as I only rented it) and Jade Empire which I own, so your review fills me with confidence. I want to get skyrim still, I don't mind story heavy esp if I'm really invested and they deliver well. thanks man!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Steam wallet gift cards have arrived:

http://www.co-optimus.com/article/82...-gamestop.html

The rumors were true. This means you can trade in old shovelware to Gamestop, put it on a
    $24 or $50 card, and use it on Valve's Steam service!

The Deviot

-?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    Steam wallet gift cards have arrived:

http://www.co-optimus.com/article/82...-gamestop.html

The rumors were true. This means you can trade in old shovelware to Gamestop, put it on a
    $24 or $50 card, and use it on Valve's Steam service!

I used to have the digital coupon from the Black Friday to Christmas promotion. I brought Sonic Generations on half price, which is a good deal. But I am waiting for someone to send me a gift for Global Offensive and DotA 2. =)
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

i was at a carl's jr. the other day and when i got my food, the tray had a paper advertising the amazing spider-man video game. it had a coupon for $5 off the game (360 and ps3 only i think) at gamestop. i imagine hardee's has a similar deal.

Question, I bought the game Portal 2 for PS3 so I can play with a friend who is on a PC. So we could play the Co-Op mode. But for some reason it keeps disconnecting him. Has anyone who has the game have this issue? I've searched for issues on it and can't really find info about it.

Also is it normal for a PS3 to take a while to update itself or to download a update for a game?
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    Also is it normal for a PS3 to take a while to update itself or to download a update for a game?
    Yes, the speed depends on the Sony servers. Sometimes its quick sometimes its sllllllooooooowww. Game updates vary based on their size, patches are quick but actual updates to the engine/assets can take time.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Question, I bought the game Portal 2 for PS3 so I can play with a friend who is on a PC. So we could play the Co-Op mode. But for some reason it keeps disconnecting him. Has anyone who has the game have this issue? I've searched for issues on it and can't really find info about it.

constant disconnects for a game can be numerous. ISP issues, ports not being opened (do so with caution), routers not being great for certain games (not as big of an issue now). Could be a bad install, could a piece of hardware failing, could be it doesn't do well with sharing stream with other activities, could be a connection timeout has been turned on.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yes, the speed depends on the Sony servers. Sometimes its quick sometimes its sllllllooooooowww. Game updates vary based on their size, patches are quick but actual updates to the engine/assets can take time.
    I was curious cause it took over 2 hours to update DC Universe Online the other night. I wonder if there was a way to speed it up?

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    constant disconnects for a game can be numerous. ISP issues, ports not being opened (do so with caution), routers not being great for certain games (not as big of an issue now). Could be a bad install, could a piece of hardware failing, could be it doesn't do well with sharing stream with other activities, could be a connection timeout has been turned on.
    Well considering I have never played a Co-Op game before. Unless you count DC Universe. Haven't had issues with it yet. Anyone know if there are certain ports required to play with someone via Steam? I tried looking through that site for answers and it's dreadful when you don't really know what to look for.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Well considering I have never played a Co-Op game before. Unless you count DC Universe. Haven't had issues with it yet. Anyone know if there are certain ports required to play with someone via Steam? I tried looking through that site for answers and it's dreadful when you don't really know what to look for.
    Me too, I never played any Co Op game but playing between PS3 and PC are crazy enough. I know that Portal game give you Cross Platform between PS3 and PC. It just give me "Different Class Tables".

E3 is nearly upon us again. Here's the press conference schedule so far:

Monday 6/4/2012:
    Microsoft - 1pm EDT/10am PDT
    EA - 4pm EDT/1pm PDT
    Ubisoft - 6pm EDT/3pm PDT
    Sony - 9pm EDT/6pm PDT

Tuesday 6/5/2012:
    Nintendo - Noon EDT/9am PDT

Anybody looking forward to anything in particular? Most of the known stuff I'm interested in is coming out soon, (Fall of Cybertron, Darksiders 2, LEGO Batman 2) so I'm mostly looking forward to the surprises, along with more info on God of War: Ascension, Resident Evil 6, LEGO LOTR, Sly 4, Tomb Raider, The Last Guardian, Devil May Cry & Assassin's Creed 3.

Hopefully Nintendo will have something along the lines of Metroid for Wii-U, as the only known title I'm curious to see is Pikmin 3. Skyward Sword really soured me on Zelda (honestly for the 1st time), and I'm Marioed out. Maybe the rumored Metroid/Starfox crossover from Retro Studios will bear some fruit.

No real interest in handhelds or PC, and my 360 hasn't been used in months. Wii-U hasn't grabbed me yet-I presume that will be the major focus of Nintendo's showing, along w/some updates on 3DS titles. (NSMB2, Luigi's Mansion 2, new Castlevania, etc...)

I'd be surprised if M$ doesn't unveil the 720/Durango, and push more Kinect titles, and spend the majority of either their opening or closing pimping Halo 4.

I don't think Sony will unveil their PS3 successor, but if they do, I think it'll just be a quick "Here it is" and nothing more. I initially thought to expect a PS3 price cut announcement, but after Sony's recent financial reveals, and the recent statement saying they're looking for the Playstation brand to help ease their $$$ woes, I wouldn't count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    E3 is nearly upon us again. Here's the press conference schedule so far:

Monday 6/4/2012:
    Microsoft - 1pm EDT/10am PDT
    EA - 4pm EDT/1pm PDT
    Ubisoft - 6pm EDT/3pm PDT
    Sony - 9pm EDT/6pm PDT

Tuesday 6/5/2012:
    Nintendo - Noon EDT/9am PDT

Anybody looking forward to anything in particular? Most of the known stuff I'm interested in is coming out soon, (Fall of Cybertron, Darksiders 2, LEGO Batman 2) so I'm mostly looking forward to the surprises, along with more info on God of War: Ascension, Resident Evil 6, LEGO LOTR, Sly 4, Tomb Raider, The Last Guardian, Devil May Cry & Assassin's Creed 3.

Hopefully Nintendo will have something along the lines of Metroid for Wii-U, as the only known title I'm curious to see is Pikmin 3. Skyward Sword really soured me on Zelda (honestly for the 1st time), and I'm Marioed out. Maybe the rumored Metroid/Starfox crossover from Retro Studios will bear some fruit.

No real interest in handhelds or PC, and my 360 hasn't been used in months. Wii-U hasn't grabbed me yet-I presume that will be the major focus of Nintendo's showing, along w/some updates on 3DS titles. (NSMB2, Luigi's Mansion 2, new Castlevania, etc...)

I'd be surprised if M$ doesn't unveil the 720/Durango, and push more Kinect titles, and spend the majority of either their opening or closing pimping Halo 4.

I don't think Sony will unveil their PS3 successor, but if they do, I think it'll just be a quick "Here it is" and nothing more. I initially thought to expect a PS3 price cut announcement, but after Sony's recent financial reveals, and the recent statement saying they're looking for the Playstation brand to help ease their $$$ woes, I wouldn't count on it.
    I wouldn't expect anything on the next Xbox or Playstation this E3 at all. I think Sony is probably going to focus mostly on improving Vita's mindshare so I think their conference will mostly be about new Vita games, probably followed
    up with more PSN news, and a few PS3 exclusives.

Microsoft will probably be talking up Kinect, and briefly go over the videogaming aspects of Windows 8, as it will also run on Tablets/Smartphones. They'll probably talk about updates to Live!, and show a couple of 360 versions of multiplatform titles.

Nintendo will obviously talk up the Wii U. I hope to see some more in terms of lapsed franchises like F-Zero, and Starfox. Maybe the Metroid/SF crossover by Retro rumors are true. Who knows? Last year they said they were looking to partner
    with another company to improve online. My wishful thinking hopes it's Valve, as they already got Steam onto the PS3, and it would be insane competition to Live, as it offers almost everything Live does for free.
    They'll probably close out with 3DS games, and redesign news.

The only other major stuff I'd like to see is The Valve conference (Maybe Gabe was trolling us, and Half-Life 3 is coming) as it will likely talk L4D x Payday, and the new Counter Strike.
    Other stuff would be updates on Doom IV from iD, the PC exclusive from Epic that Cliffy B hinted at, the non BETRAYAL X-Com game, and I'll probably look at EA's summit only because I want a little more info on the Battlefield 3 expansions.
    I'll also be interested in seeing how well the Wii U versions of multiplatform games stack up. I also want to see if there are any indie/non AAA mid tier sleeper games that might interest me.
    The Deviot

-?