Page 337 of 351 FirstFirst ... 237287327335336337338339347 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,425 of 8768

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Just a reminder today (5/27) is a free bonus XP day for Battlefield 3 (Windows edition)
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Another One and a Half Hours for Lord of the Rings Online! I just read and watch the review about one of the Best Free to Play game around the net. So far I'm having fun with Alien Swarm and Team Fortress 2 games.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Just another reminder to everyone that E3 is next week. New games, and the full reveal of the Wii U and its launch details

I will be interested to see what Sony has, the Vita is literally dying at retail and at times this year the Wii is outselling it in Japan (which is a horrific thing). Sony needs to do something now, they already lost the Next Gen war to MS and Nintendo, to lose badly a 2nd time to Nintendo in the handheld war would be damaging.

MS can just cruise for another year, the Xbox 360 is still selling and has most of the popular 3rd parties on board. It can go another year without needing a new system.

Conference List has not changed, most of these will be streaming from IGN and G4 and also shown on G4TV and possible Spike TV

MON: Microsoft
    9:30 AM (PT)/5:30 PM (GMT)

MON: Electronic Arts
    1:00 PM (PT)/9:00 PM (GMT)

MON: Ubisoft
    3:00 PM (PT)/11:00 PM GMT)

MON: Sony
    6:00 PM (PT)/2:00 AM (GMT Tuesday)

TUES: Nintendo
    9:00 AM (PT)/5:00 PM (GMT)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I will be interested to see what Sony has, the Vita is literally dying at retail and at times this year the Wii is outselling it in Japan (which is a horrific thing). Sony needs to do something now, they already lost the Next Gen war to MS and Nintendo, to lose badly a 2nd time to Nintendo in the handheld war would be damaging.
    I wouldn't mind seeing them announce a large price drop like Nintendo did with the 3DS. I'd pick up a Vita if that happened. I'm going to anyway, for P4G, but I'd like to spend as little as possible.

I'd like to see more on the Wii-U and the new Smash Bros. Not much else I'm looking forward to, except more on The Last of Us, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Borderlands 2.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

XBox Conference, a real disappointment. =(
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    XBox Conference, a real disappointment. =(
    Yup, this sums up my feelings on it. The South Park game was the best part about it, loved how Matt and Trey trolled while on stage.

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

After the massive stock crash as the show opened, Sony better really bring it.
    Moderately Geeky: The Podcast
    Available on Podbead, iTunes, and Stitcher smart radio.

Nintendo just announced they are going all out, they will have a separate conference just for the 3DS on Wednesday night. Rumored is a bigger 3DS redesign and obviously this leaves tomorrows press conference for the Wii U

The presentation will be hosted by Scott Moffitt, the Nintendo of America Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing, and will focus exclusively on 3DS software. The presentation itself is taking place at 6-7 p.m. PT/9-10 p.m. ET at the Los Angeles Convention Center, and is going to be live-streamed by Nintendo.

Yup, this sums up my feelings on it. The South Park game was the best part about it, loved how Matt and Trey trolled while on stage.

http://i.imgur.com/dlxXI.gif
    Agreed. But the eye candy for me is South Park (As you explain above) and Tomb Raider, almost like Uncharted like. I really want to see the concept though.

Assassin Creed in Virginia?
    Last edited by Fendi; June 4, 2012 at 06:44pm.

Holy crap Ubisoft, Watch Dogs looks freaking fantastic. Its like Person of Interest the video game and those graphics....very impressed.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Holy crap Ubisoft, Watch Dogs looks freaking fantastic. Its like Person of Interest the video game and those graphics....very impressed.
    I was about to post the same, this is the first thing I've seen today that completely caught my interest. Looks promising!
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Watchdogs look promising to me, Ultimate Net Troll for me, with a little mix of Co Op Saints Row the Third.

Ubisoft release schedule, Assassins Creed III and Rayman will be at Wii U launch.

I might flip systems to get ACIII depending on what the Wii U's tablet brings to the game (if it even uses the tablet, might just be a duplicate of the PS360 version using the Pro pad)

Heroic Warrior
    Ubisoft release schedule, Assassins Creed III and Rayman will be at Wii U launch.

http://www.gonintendo.com/content/up...2_6/ubirel.png

I might flip systems to get ACIII depending on what the Wii U's tablet brings to the game (if it even uses the tablet, might just be a duplicate of the PS360 version using the Pro pad)
    If rumored specs are true it will look markedly better than the PS360 versions. In all honesty as someone who freelances for Insomniac and had worked on 360 projects for other devs before, I was a bit disappointed at what Microsoft brought to the table- it almost seems as if they are trying to take Nintendo's role catering to the casuals and Nintendo is taking their role as appealing to hardcore AND casual markets.

Sony already has me excited just by their opening video compilation thingy
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Sony already has me excited just by their opening video compilation thingy
    Sony always does good openings, they have the past 4 years. They need all the help they can get though with the Vita completely bombing in sales and their stock crashing to lowest levels in almost 30 years

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    If rumored specs are true it will look markedly better than the PS360 versions. In all honesty as someone who freelances for Insomniac and had worked on 360 projects for other devs before, I was a bit disappointed at what Microsoft brought to the table- it almost seems as if they are trying to take Nintendo's role catering to the casuals and Nintendo is taking their role as appealing to hardcore AND casual markets.
    I agree, I heard someone say that MS conference today made the Wii Fit E3 conference from a few years back look hardcore

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    Ive been a Nintendo fanboy since I was 9 years old and got my first NES so I hope so. It would be nice to have a Nintendo that is being used by someone besides my 6 year old. The adult games are somewhat lacking on the Wii so a few years ago I broke down and bought a PS3. While I love it, I would love to be supporting Nintendo more. Now that I know AS3 is a launch title I'm even MORE excited to get the Wii U!

Wonderbook looks like fun
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

The new God of War looks pretty awesome, though what is this like God of War 7 if you count the PSP games that are just as good as the PS2/PS3 ones

Star Wars 1313...****....AMAZING looking. M rated Star Wars with incredible graphics......have I died and gone to heaven?!?! Real game play footage looks epic!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    March 2013 is going to be heavy! Tomb Raider one week, God of War: Ascension the next!

The Last of Us looks awesome! The girl in it looks an awful lot like Ellen Page and at first I thought that the announcement was that she'll voice Elle after all. However, she's voicing another game. Halo 4 looked cool too!

Looking forward to Darksiders II and Dragon's Crown!

The new God of War looks pretty awesome, though what is this like God of War 7 if you count the PSP games that are just as good as the PS2/PS3 ones
    Yep...God of War 7 if you count the mobile phone game. Seven games in Eight years!

In canonical order....

God of War: Ascension was officially announced on April 19, 2012 for the PlayStation 3 with an announcement trailer. The trailer is narrated by Linda Hunt. It tells about a time during Kratos' life before he was made the "Ghost of Sparta" when he was not yet bound in blood. The game will be a prequel to the entire God of War series.

God of War: Chains of Olympus was first released in North America on March 4, 2008 for the PlayStation Portable followed by a limited edition PSP bundle pack released in June. Set in the time of Kratos' ten years of service to the gods, Kratos halts a Persian invasion of the Greek city of Attica, and learns that the world has been plunged into darkness by the god Morpheus. Learning that the sun god Helios has been abducted, Kratos investigates and prevents the machiavellian plan of the goddess Persephone to use the Titan Atlas to destroy the world and as a result Olympus.

God of War was first released in North America on March 22, 2005 for the PlayStation 2. Kratos is introduced as having been the servant of the gods for ten years, and is tasked by Athena with finding Pandora's Box, the key to defeating Ares, the God of War. Through a series of flashbacks it is revealed that Kratos was once the servant of Ares (who saved the Spartan and his army from annihilation) in battle, and tricked him into killing his family, forcing his metamorphosis into the "Ghost of Sparta." Kratos eventually locates the Box, and after finally killing Ares, ascends to Olympus to become the new God of War.

God of War: Ghost of Sparta was first released in North America on November 2, 2010 for the PlayStation Portable with a limited edition PSP bundle and an exclusive pre-order offer released simultaneously. Set after the events of the original God of War and prior to God of War: Betrayal, Kratos, the God of War, is still haunted by visions of his mortal past and embarks on a quest to discover his origins by finding his mother, Callisto. Learning that his brother Deimos was taken by the gods and then imprisoned by the God of Death, Thanatos, Kratos decides to find and save his sibling. Although successful, Thanatos engages the brothers in combat, and kills Deimos. Kratos then kills Thanatos in turn, and returns to Olympus, now enraged at the gods.

God of War: Betrayal was released on June 20, 2007 for mobile phones. Taking place between the events of God of War: Ghost of Sparta and God of War II, Kratos is framed for murder and rampages across Greece, seeking the true assassin. Kratos succumbs to bloodlust and kills Ceryx, the son of the god Hermes - an act that alienates him from his fellow gods. Betrayal is the only game in the series to be released as a 2D side-scroller and released on a non-Sony platform.

God of War II was first released in North America on March 13, 2007 for the PlayStation 2. Betrayed by Zeus, Kratos is saved by the Titan Gaia, who states Kratos must now find the Sisters of Fate. The Sisters can change his fate and prevent his death at the hands of Zeus. Kratos is ultimately successful, and learns from a dying Athena (who sacrificed herself to save Zeus and thereby preserve Olympus) that he is the son of Zeus. Kratos then joins forces with Gaia and the Titans in an attack on Olympus.

God of War III was first released in North America on March 16, 2010 for the PlayStation 3 with an "Ultimate Edition" available for pre-order with exclusive content. Kratos engages both the gods and former allies the Titans in an epic series of battles across the Underworld and Olympus. Aided by the spirit of a revived Athena and Pandora herself, Kratos eventually defeats the gods and opposing Titans.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; June 4, 2012 at 10:59pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Thanks for providing the order, I got confused after the latest PSP games came out and then were released on the PS3

Last of Us looks interesting, its kind of like Uncharted meets Splinter Cell or 24

So far the conferences have been Ubisoft>>>Sony>>>>>>>>EA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Microsoft lol

I think Nintendo is going to steal the show tomorrow tbh, the bar is not very high compared to everyone else so far in this E3

Too excited after reading that EA going to release C&C General 2 on 2013. =)

In just 30min...

Nintentdo for the win! I haven't been this pumped for a new system in a VERY long time. I can see this taking over my PS3 if the third party offerings continue to be as strong as the appear to be at launch. Sure, alot of them have already been released (Arkham City/Mass Effect 3) but in the future with games like AC3 Nintendo may finally crack the hardcore gamer base. And the ability to use two of the new controllers.....I'm not only sold, I'm stoked!