Page 338 of 352 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340348 ... LastLast
Results 8,426 to 8,450 of 8798

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Nintendo has been great so far and the Wii-U looks like a must own
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Best User Interface consoles by far, But for me EA, and Sony just caught my attention. Honorable shout out to Watch Dogs game.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Arkham City looks pretty cool, makes some of the more tedious parts easier to access with a 2nd screen

Nintendoland is something I will have to see more of, could be fun but could be not. Love the interface of the Wii U though, as someone whose house uses an iPad 24/7 its got some serious potential.

Also if you are married being able to play on the screen without bothering anyone is a godsend, and if you are not married you will learn soon enough that your video game playing will never win out over what is on TV for any given night

Despite no real new 3rd party games this was still miles above the 360 conference, I have media access via my HTPC I don't need to buy add-ons for the 360 to do it for me

Ubisoft I think had the best run through all of E3, impressive games for all the systems.

Watch Dogs is so far my game of show, that thing looked incredible
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

The ability to play on the screen plus the headphone feature is a big win for me and my household. I'm also curious as to if Netflix will work that way on it as well. If so then I wont have to watch Fairly Odd Parents for the millionth time...can tell him watch it on the Wii controller. I'm looking forward to Sing as well. I'm a karoake host so I'm a sucker for karaoke games.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    The ability to play on the screen plus the headphone feature is a big win for me and my household. I'm also curious as to if Netflix will work that way on it as well. If so then I wont have to watch Fairly Odd Parents for the millionth time...can tell him watch it on the Wii controller. I'm looking forward to Sing as well. I'm a karoake host so I'm a sucker for karaoke games.
    Yeah I am not sure they have said what kind of connection the tablet has, if it had wifi it could easily do streaming even from the Wii U (like many Apple devices can do now).

There is so much negativity due to the lack of "core" games, guess that just makes it easier for me to get on launch day
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    No Zelda. I can wait for awhile then.

I hope it's backwards compatible with the Wii and GameCube.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    No Zelda. I can wait for awhile then.

I hope it's backwards compatible with the Wii and GameCube.
    Its backwards compatible with the Wii as far as I have read but it won't upscale at least not initially despite having the hardware to do so

GC I think is out, I bet they will offer those games as Downloads if they do at all

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yeah I am not sure they have said what kind of connection the tablet has, if it had wifi it could easily do streaming even from the Wii U (like many Apple devices can do now).

There is so much negativity due to the lack of "core" games, guess that just makes it easier for me to get on launch day
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Just wish we had a price point. I've heard rumors of $600 which is really high for Nintendo....I would think they would be more in the 300-400 range but that controller probably isn't cheap. My last car payment is in August though so I'll be set...lol. I want ZombieU for sure. They said that Nintendoland game is this systems Wii sports....wonder if that means packaged in with the hardware. That would be cool. The Mario game is a must too. Did you catch the guy from Ubisoft on Spike TV? He said Watch Dog would be on the Xbox 360, PC, PS3 and then said and then said and possibly beyond....makes me wonder if they're trying it out on the Wii U. Wouldn't THAT be a clincher! I was pumped to see Lego City, Lego LOTR, and the Avenger game as well. I hope Nintendo doesn't drop the ball and exclude Hard Core gamers anymore though. I love my PS3 but it would be nice to start bulking up my Nintendo collection beyond Mario, Zelda, and the Lego games.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Just wish we had a price point. I've heard rumors of $600 which is really high for Nintendo....I would think they would be more in the 300-400 range but that controller probably isn't cheap.
    Not sure how reliable this is, but an "expert" thinks it will cost $250.

The company may be able to sell 6 million to 7 million units of the Wii U, which may retail for 25,000 yen in Japan and US$250 in the U.S., this fiscal year, Hideki Yasuda, an analyst at Ace Securities Co. in Tokyo, said in an April 27 report.

Nintendo forecasts 10.5 million combined unit sales for the Wii and Wii U.

Microsoft Corp. sold 14.9 million Xbox machines in 2011, according to calculations based on quarterly announcements. Sony Corp. sold 13.9 million PlayStation 3 consoles last fiscal year, it said in an earnings statement in May.
    http://business.financialpost.com/20...edia-features/

I'm curious how many Wiis were sold in 2011. Nintendo did have a 43.2 billion-yen (US$551-million) net loss for 2011, though. So...I'm guessing not very well? I don't know. The 3DS isn't doing well in North America, I guess...but it's "picking up momentum" in Japan now.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; June 5, 2012 at 07:21pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

I'm curious how many Wiis were sold in 2011. Nintendo did have a 43.2 billion-yen (US$551-million) net loss for 2011, though. So...I'm guessing not very well? I don't know. The 3DS isn't doing well in North America, I guess...but it's "picking up momentum" in Japan now.
    I think the 3ds caused the majority of those losses. However, I believe I read that Xbox 360 outsold the Wii and the Ps3 for the first time globaly last year. A lot of that had to do with the Wii fit hype dying and Kinect hype building. On a whole, Wii has sold the most units total though, so its not suprising that Nintendo decided to come out with a new system first. It's starting to come down to everyone that was gonna buy a Wii pretty much has one and they're not like PS3's or Xbox's that can just come out with a new design and bigger hard drive to get people to buy another.

Picking up momentum in JP? the 3DS has been thrashing things left and right for some time now, its a slight bit ahead the DS at the same point in its life cycle after a slow start

But yeah Nintendo bailed on the Wii late last year, also you can't take Nintendo loss as a sign of a systems strength. The state of the yen is hurting Nintendo more than any slow system sales would, its been causing losses and profit issues for 5 years among many companies in JP

Its doing fine in the US, it had a fantastic Black Friday and Christmas but it too got a slow start since it came out on the heels of the DSi so there were 3 options for the DS platform and the 1st party games did not hit till near the end of the year.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Picking up momentum in JP? the 3DS has been thrashing things left and right for some time now, its a slight bit ahead the DS at the same point in its life cycle after a slow start

But yeah Nintendo bailed on the Wii late last year, also you can't take Nintendo loss as a sign of a systems strength. The state of the yen is hurting Nintendo more than any slow system sales would, its been causing losses and profit issues for 5 years among many companies in JP
    I don't know...I was just going by what the article said about the 3DS.

Nintendo, which forecasts it will return to profitability with net income of 20 billion yen for the year ending March 31, learned from the mistakes made introducing the 3DS, Iwata said.

3DS ‘Lesson’

“When we launched the Nintendo 3DS, we failed to prepare a software lineup which could satisfy our customers,” he told analysts in Tokyo on April 27. “We have learned the lesson that we have to make that kind of preparation for the Wii U.”

Sales of the 3DS have gained momentum in Japan, though U.S. demand for the player is “far less” than Nintendo’s expectations, Iwata said in April.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I think the 3ds caused the majority of those losses. However, I believe I read that Xbox 360 outsold the Wii and the Ps3 for the first time globaly last year. A lot of that had to do with the Wii fit hype dying and Kinect hype building. On a whole, Wii has sold the most units total though, so its not suprising that Nintendo decided to come out with a new system first. It's starting to come down to everyone that was gonna buy a Wii pretty much has one and they're not like PS3's or Xbox's that can just come out with a new design and bigger hard drive to get people to buy another.
    Not to mention the PS2 effect of having to buy multiple systems. Virtually everyone I know has had to buy 2-3 360's due to the RROD. I am on my 2nd as is my brother. They FINALLY fixed it with last years slim revision but my god did they basically cheat to sell a lot of units

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know...I was just going by what the article said about the 3DS.
    Yeah they relied on 3rd parties and none of the games really took off, it was not until Nintendo released the Nintendo branded games that things really hit. It has 3 1mil sellers in JP currently (NSMB, Mario Kart, Monster Hunter 3) and 2 more coming to 1m with Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem

Not to mention the PS2 effect of having to buy multiple systems. Virtually everyone I know has had to buy 2-3 360's due to the RROD. I am on my 2nd as is my brother. They FINALLY fixed it with last years slim revision but my god did they basically cheat to sell a lot of units

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah they relied on 3rd parties and none of the games really took off, it was not until Nintendo released the Nintendo branded games that things really hit. It has 3 1mil sellers in JP currently (NSMB, Mario Kart, Monster Hunter 3) and 2 more coming to 1m with Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem
    RROD...the reason I never bought an Xbox and I waited till the slim to buy a PS3. But, in all fairness...I am on my second Wii. I had a launch Wii that would occassionally overheat and started to freeze, so I traded it in for a Red one that came with New Super Mario Brothers. I need to upgrade my hdd on my PS3 though....its totally full. With the Wii, ya just buy a new SD card (another plus).

As far as 3ds, I bought one on launch day for my wife with Sims 3d. Its the only game we've bought for it since. That's the problem with the system, there were no must have games for such a long time that it's kinda been forgotten, at least in our household. I shoulda waited for the price drop and some A list games but her DS had broke and we needed a replacement anyway. Actually, I took the old one to a buddy of mine who fixed it good as new for 50 bucks (this was AFTER I had bought the 3ds to suprise her btw) and now our son plays it. The wife only uses her 3Ds to play her old ds games and for netflix in the car or on trips. I think that may change soon if Nintendo releases some more must have brand name games besides Nintendogs and ports of old games. The new Mario for instance looks promising, the Icarus game looks great, and a Zelda title never hurts.....

Wow - I haven't even begun to start going over the E3 info yet - just got off 24 hours of work over the last 34 hours, and getting ready to watch all the press conferences, but dang - do PS+ members get some good stuff today - like 7 FREE PS3 games and 5 FREE PSN games!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...ore-update-242
    This space for rent, apparently.....

My goodness, the new Star Wars game, 1313, looks jaw dropping. I don't know what to say. Parts of it truly look photo-real. This is actually in-game footage:

Has there been any "Next Gen" news yet? Any new console news?
    Last edited by Krueger; June 5, 2012 at 10:33pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    My goodness, the new Star Wars game, 1313, looks jaw dropping. I don't know what to say. Parts of it truly look photo-real. This is actually in-game footage:

Has there been any "Next Gen" news yet? Any new console news?
    Well there was the Wii U but I am not sure if that counts as Next-Gen as most are expecting

I would also say while 1313 looks incredible it needs to be noted that it was running on a high end development PC, the PS3 and 360 do not have the same hardware so the game will not look anything like it did in that preview. Not that it will look bad but there is a reason it looked SO good at E3

I would also say while 1313 looks incredible it needs to be noted that it was running on a high end development PC, the PS3 and 360 do not have the same hardware so the game will not look anything like it did in that preview. Not that it will look bad but there is a reason it looked SO good at E3
    Ah markatisu, my ignorance shines through. I was wondering what he meant by “high end PC”. I'm feeling deflated. Maybe 1313 is for a next gen console? I've heard that it probably won't be ready till December 2013 at the earliest, which is when the PS4 is rumoured to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Ah markatisu, my ignorance shines through. I was wondering what he meant by “high end PC”. I'm feeling deflated. Maybe 1313 is for a next gen console? I've heard that it probably won't be ready till December 2013 at the earliest, which is when the PS4 is rumoured to hit.
    Well it will definitely be for the PC, but I would not be surprised if it turns out to be a launch title for the other 2 systems. The Wii U is also capable of higher end graphics than are currently being done so it could launch on all 3 and look the same/similar to the demo footage

Well there was the Wii U but I am not sure if that counts as Next-Gen as most are expecting

I've had to work during most of the E3 stuff so I'm late with impressions. So far I can't say I'm really psyched for anything listed during E3.
    There have been one or two "I'll probably look into that" moments, but nothing that made me go "OMGBBQSAUCEROXORZ"

Microsoft Conference:

PROS: Halo IV (For fans) Gears teaser (Again for fans) Windows 8 mention, Voice command improvements on Kinect.

CONS: None of the big games were exclusives aside from H4, and G4. None of the multiplats had any features that made me think the 360 version was a lock. (Early DLC on Tomb Raider? Meh.)

Missed opportunities: Because a new system is at least a year away (Likely two), they could have talked up Windows 8 a bit more. It's going to power the next console in all likelyhood (With a new front end
    on it of course), They're going to have to try to get a lot of people interested in it, and while E3 is more console oriented from a business standpoint many of the retail buyers at the show (Target, Best Buy, Walmart, etc.) also
    sell PC's. Also showing some Windows versions of games running on 8 might have helped. Another missed opportunity was going into better detail about using Live IN LIEU of cable/satellite. They did mention
    some sports networks signing on with live. I would have liked to see this a little more in depth. At least they showed off the 8 Glass feature which I can see a number of people using.

Overall 5/10. Not a great show, but not completely terrible. Wasn't expecting much going in anyway.

Sony Conference:

PROS: Some big exclusive first party stuff like their Smash clone. Beyond looked ok. Improvements to the pay version of PSN may help it catch up to live (Though I'm not entirely sold). Last of us looks really sick.

CONS: Disappointed in the Vita line up which is a shame because last E3 they blew me away with it's potential. Multiplats had the same issue I saw on the 360 conference. Good but no definitive edge over other platforms. Storybook looked HORRIBLE.

Missed opportunities: Hugely missed opportunity to beef up Vita mindshare in my opinion.

Overall 6/10. The Last of us looked like it could be a system seller, Just the underwhelming Vita line up softened my vibe.

Nintendo Conference:

PROS: Wii U looks to be better than many expected. Tablet uses became more clear. SMB games looked really fun. 3rd party games looked mostly great. Tekken Tag 2 Mushrooms!

CONS: People will flame me but Ubisoft's presentation did nothing for me. ZombiU seemed really been there done that although I did like some of the tablet functions in it. NintendoLand doesn't look as fun as Mario Party, or Wii Sports.

Missed opportunities: Really could have gone a bit more into how the company is trying to get third parties involved (Granted they tried with the Ubisoft bit. But would have liked to see more from Capcom/Konami/Namco/etc. than we did.)
    Also could have told us what they have Retro working on. Not enough first party mentions (Even though we know they'll come out eventually)

Overall 6/10. A shame because I can tell the system will be cool, but the launch titles don't scream "Must Buy" (To be fair most console launches don't), and I'm left to see what third party conferences may show.

Electronic Arts Conference:

PROS: More info on the Battlefield 3 expansion packs. New Need For Speed looks like it might actually be pretty great for the first time since NFS:HP (2010)

CONS: Next SimCity requires always on connection, underwhelming rest of line up.

Missed opportunities: Talking about how they would improve Origin. How they might improve mindshare.

4/10

UbiSoft Conference:

PROS: Assassin's Creed III was shown off much more in depth than at the platform holder confrerences where it was a blip. Shootmania looked ok.

CONS: Rest of the line up wasn't much different than what was shown in the other conferences.

Missed opportunities: Doing what they did with AC3 to some of the other games to get them better attention.

6/10

I did like the Star Wars footage, but that just shows what you can get running if you had two top tier cards in SLI on an upperended i7, and maybe 16GB RAM in your PC.
    It's nice but not realistic. By the time that comes out though something that powerful will probably fall below $1000 as the tech is always improving a lot.
    And even if you had to scale the visuals a little to maintain 30-60fps I doubt anyone would complain. That said, if I had to guess, if that were going to be
    a launch title for a new PS or XBX system in 2013/14 as rumored, that system would likely be $599. Which is one of the major reasons the PS3 came in third Stateside.
    At $600 you start to wonder if you shouldn't just spend the extra $200, and have a really nice computer instead. Especially when Steam sales knock a coveted $60
    AAA multiplatform title down to $16 (I'm looking at you Saints Row 3).
    Somehow I don't see that Star Wars teaser coming any sooner than 2016 if it is indeed also on a console.
    Last edited by TheDeviot; June 6, 2012 at 01:01am.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Heroic Warrior
    I can't go into details because of NDA's but a title I'm working on currently through freelance at Monolith clearly shows me that WiiU is infact next gen tech- the question is how next gen it will be a year from now when Sony and Microsoft their next gen systems though is yet to be seen.

Also for anyone who wants to see an example of the WiiU power, take a look at P-100 from Platinum Games (they made Bayonetta and Kamiya created Devil May Cry when he was at Capcom).

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Wow - I haven't even begun to start going over the E3 info yet - just got off 24 hours of work over the last 34 hours, and getting ready to watch all the press conferences, but dang - do PS+ members get some good stuff today - like 7 FREE PS3 games and 5 FREE PSN games!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...ore-update-242
    SCORE!!!! "purchased" a bunch but only have room to download one at a time.....and that was only after deleting 30 smaller titles......I need a new hdd!

I've been thinking about ZombiU game, Is Nintendo going to aim their console to the Hardcore gamers now?
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    I've been thinking about ZombiU game, Is Nintendo going to aim their console to the Hardcore gamers now?
    That was the intent, though they did not do very well yesterday showing a port of a older game and then a brief glimpse at the Zombie game.

I think the point would have come across if they had shown ACIII, Tomb Raider, and Wario Ware in addition to the Zombie Game and Batman.

Its fully capable now of having the exact same games as the PS360, Nintendo just needs to do a better job getting that across

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    my guess is that they will play up hardcore 3rd party titles some, but i don't think they will put any more focus on making hardcore 1st party games.

i really liked nintendo's presentation. i was excited for most of the games they talked about. even the ones i wasn't interested in looked pretty solid. the only exception was sing. the titles shown in the various sizzle reels were hit or miss for me, but a lot of the misses were from franchises i never got into. the thing i liked the most was lego city. i've been a fan of the lego's city theme for ages and from what i could tell the game looked like it was made for me. i was a little disappointed in nintendo land, but that's mostly because the name immediately had me wishing for a captain n game. the minigames did look pretty cool though, and i think it would make a nice pack-in game.

can't wait for tonight's 3ds conference.