Page 339 of 351 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341349 ... LastLast
Results 8,451 to 8,475 of 8761

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    my guess is that they will play up hardcore 3rd party titles some, but i don't think they will put any more focus on making hardcore 1st party games.

i really liked nintendo's presentation. i was excited for most of the games they talked about. even the ones i wasn't interested in looked pretty solid. the only exception was sing. the titles shown in the various sizzle reels were hit or miss for me, but a lot of the misses were from franchises i never got into. the thing i liked the most was lego city. i've been a fan of the lego's city theme for ages and from what i could tell the game looked like it was made for me. i was a little disappointed in nintendo land, but that's mostly because the name immediately had me wishing for a captain n game. the minigames did look pretty cool though, and i think it would make a nice pack-in game.

can't wait for tonight's 3ds conference.
    Agreed. I think Nintendo will ask the gaming studio working on some hardcore game in the console. Beside, I think using the controller as a sniper scope are very impressive and great for any type of shooting games.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

I have been watching more demos and footage of Nintendoland and I really like what I am seeing

There is a Luigi's Mansion Pac Man like game, an F-Zero race game, and a Metroid multiplayer death match game

I "think" what i am seeing is an introduction to casual gamers of the popular franchises so that they will then be more likely to pick up the HD full "core" versions of those games in the future.

Its a genius strategy if it works out, because it would get people who might not normally be dedicated to Nintendo to buy the games in a console industry that is dying a slow death to the iOS/portable gaming and risking becoming as niche as comic books
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Picked up

Warhammer 40,000 - Space Marine
    Infamous 2
    Motorstorm Apocalypse
    Outland
    Renegade Ops
    Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
    Chime Super Deluxe

all from Playstation Plus. I'm glad they are now starting to give away decent titles instead of silly minis and old ps1 / ps2 games (tho I hope they continue to give those away as well as there are some little gems in there)
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Anybody who has Battlefield 3 (Windows/360/PS3) May want to know it's a free double XP weekend event.
    Also someone on gaf got a few nice shots of the expansion.

BF3 Premium launched, you get all of the expansion packs for $50 instead of buying them piecemeal at $15 each. ($15 x5 = $75)
    You also get on a few trinkets, and doodads, but really the expansion packs are the reason to do it if you decide to.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Cautious: Extreme Gory.

ZombiU gameplay by Machinima. This is for me extremely Gory and Scary. It just mixed up with Amnesia with Left 4 Dead Realism.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

anyone here try dragon's dogma?
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Arkham City sequel/prequel news:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/...er-age-prequel

MGS4 to finally get trophy support!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/...trophy-support
    Last edited by Skullface; July 11, 2012 at 01:27pm.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Heard about Arkham this morning. I'm not surprised, given the most recent Lego game. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about it - I would love to see some of the Silver Age villains in some context, Killer Moth and others - I was thinking about it in a hallucination/flashback sense, but I'm not sure how I feel about taking the whole game in that lighter direction.

Also, as cool as it could be to play as the JLA, I think I'd kind of prefer keeping this just a Batman series.

Well, time will tell. They haven't disappointed so far, so hopefully this one won't either. I'll be very interested to hear what else develops.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

So Deus Ex- Human Revolution is the latest free game courtesy of Playstation Plus. I wish Microsoft had such an awesome package like this, I mean who can say no to a free game?

As Per IGN
    "In the same Asked & Answered session in which Rockstar revealed new screens from GTA V, the publisher also hinted at a forthcoming announcement regarding its Red Dead series.

Responding to questions about the future of the series, Rockstar said, "we love Red Dead too – and are thrilled that so many of you loved John Marston’s tale and are excited for more epic Western action. As we mentioned in our last set of Asked & Answereds to similar questions about the future of other game franchises like Bully and L.A. Noire, we don’t always rush to make sequels but that does not mean that we won’t get to them eventually. Stay tuned for further announcements about the future of the Red Dead series."

Does this mean a Red Dead Redemption sequel is already in the works? We hope so."

I had to keep from jumping up in my chair and screaming. I don't like GTA, and LA Noir just seems slow, but I LOVED Red Dead Redmpt, especially the Undead Nightmare.

The Arkham new is cool, as long as it is really a prequel to the Arkham games. I would be nice to have a game post Arkham City considering Azrael's profacies.
    Moderately Geeky: The Podcast
    Available on Podbead, iTunes, and Stitcher smart radio.

Right now the Summer Sale in Steam are online. I wanted to get Trine 1 and 2 for 7 dollars, but I only had 1 minutes to do the purchase and lost it in the end. :'(

Anyway, Summer Sale on Steam are Online, have fun shopping guys.

Looks like there's a Deadpool videogame coming, still an hour before the website for it goes live. Hopefully it's something fun and cool looking and not just a cheap licensed game.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

I love love love love love love love Deadpool.

I am just so damn excited for this, I can't even describe how excited I am. This better be Arkham City level of brilliance because anything short of that and I will be...not pleased

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    Agreed. I think Nintendo will ask the gaming studio working on some hardcore game in the console.
    I don't think Nintendo will ask anybody to make a specific title for the console, unless of course, it's a second party title with the concept directed by Nintendo itself.

It's really up to the publishers to decide if their franchises will make it to any platform. If Nintendo were to ask for something specifically, the first question would be "are you going to pay us"? And Nintendo don't pay for cross-platform titles. It makes no sense, especially when they may only put the minimum of effort into what is really going to be nothing more than a port.

Ladies and gentleman, there's a Diablo 3 killer in New Zealand. a great hardcore game by Grinding Gear Games. Let me present you Path of Exile.

The video above a Passive Skill Tree.

downloaded the demo for Fall of Cybertron.

Not impressed at all.

Single player levels are so short that they may as well not have bothered putting them on the demo. The character customization is so limited again they really shouldn't have bothered including it and as for multiplayer...well I hate online deathmatches anyway so you are never going to sell me a game based on how good or bad the games multiplayer is

There is a chance the final game will be good but the demo does not give me high hopes for it, best word I could use to describe FoC so far is "mediocre"

---edit---

I have actually just deleted it
    Last edited by wolfsfang; August 3, 2012 at 09:13pm.

Going to get a Wii U just for this (watch the final 2 min when he swaps the game from TV to gamepad)

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

OMGWTHBBQSAUCE announcement from Quakecon yesterday!

New RISE OF THE TRIAD sequel coming out!

viewable trailer at the following link:
    http://www.tgdaily.com/games-and-ent...ts-resurrected

It looks awesome, and according to NeoGAF:

Campaign has 20 levels and 4 bosses inspired by the original ones
    Score oriented - explosion multipliers, speed runs etc gets you higher scores
    Global leaderboards
    Multiplayer is fast paced, going for 'Chaotic fun' rather than e-sport level balance- supports 32 players
    55% complete with long term support planned
    $15 at launch later this year
    Don't know about everyone else, but this was one of my favorite B games in high school, and if it's
    even half as good as it looks I'm in.

For those curious but uninitiated, ROTT was a cool game that ran on a heavily modified Wolfenstein 3D engine
    licensed from iD. Apogee added skyboxes, bouncing physics, weird visual/sound effects for powerups, and
    a ton of destructable environments that even the superior DOOM engine never saw.
    There were a ton of cool weapons, and fast paced multiplayer deathmatch modes too! A lot of ROTT's code
    was implemented into the Build Engine which was used for Duke 3D, and Shadow Warrior.

If you have a couple of bucks, and want to see what all the fuss is about now that you've read the
    ramblings of this old fart hit up Good Old Games:

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/rise_...riad__dark_war
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Anyone picking up Darksiders II?
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    I have it for PS3.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    tomorrow for the 360

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I picked up New Super Mario Bros. 2 for 3DS yesterday. I played it for a little while last night and got through the first world (I still have go to back to collect a couple of big coins that I missed). So far it's pretty cool. I'm trying to get the hang of collecting coins in huge, massive quantities.

Speaking of the 3DS, I know that the 3DS XL just came out. Has anyone picked it up or tried it out yet? I'm curious about people's impressions of it. I read one review talking about how the screens are bigger but the resolution is the same and how it doesn't look that great, but they were mainly comparing that to the screen resolution of iphones and ipads. Part of me is interested in getting it... I like the idea of a bigger screen (at least for when I'm playing at home... I can see where my existing 3DS will be preferable size-wise for travel purposes) and for a while I was tempted to get the DSi XL, but never did since the 3DS was coming out. At the same time, I only just got my 3DS this past Christmas and I'm really not in a hurry to spend $200 to get essentially the same system with the only real "upgrade" being the screen size. I hate feeling conflicted... Bah!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Cybertronian Visitor transfan80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I picked up New Super Mario Bros. 2 for 3DS yesterday. I played it for a little while last night and got through the first world (I still have go to back to collect a couple of big coins that I missed). So far it's pretty cool. I'm trying to get the hang of collecting coins in huge, massive quantities.
    How would you rate it in difficulty compared to New Super Mario Bros. Wii? I got it with my Wii Christmas before last, but I never finished world 2 because it got a bit too hard for me...or maybe my skills have just faded....
    Be who you are, not what's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Speaking of the 3DS, I know that the 3DS XL just came out. Has anyone picked it up or tried it out yet? I'm curious about people's impressions of it. I read one review talking about how the screens are bigger but the resolution is the same and how it doesn't look that great, but they were mainly comparing that to the screen resolution of iphones and ipads. Part of me is interested in getting it... I like the idea of a bigger screen (at least for when I'm playing at home... I can see where my existing 3DS will be preferable size-wise for travel purposes) and for a while I was tempted to get the DSi XL, but never did since the 3DS was coming out. At the same time, I only just got my 3DS this past Christmas and I'm really not in a hurry to spend $200 to get essentially the same system with the only real "upgrade" being the screen size. I hate feeling conflicted... Bah!
    i don't have a 3DS XL, but i do have a DSi XL. i imagine some of the differences between it and the other DS models apply to the 3DS and 3DS XL.

the resolution between DS models is the same and while the games don't look quite as crisp, the games still look fine. i admit that most of my DS games are sprite based and i still love playing 8 and 16 bit games, so i may not be the best person to comment on the resolution. did you ever play GB or GBC games on a GBA? if you felt comfortable playing those games with the graphics stretched to fit the screen, you'll be fine with this. it looks a little better playing DS games on an XL though, if only because both the X and Y axis are scaled up. the only time the larger screen made a difference for me was while playing picross 3d. it's the only stylus-intensive game i have, with the exception of the bundled brain age games. if you play a lot of games that rely on the stylus, the added screen size will undoubtedly come in handy.

when i got the DSi XL, i was fascinated by the new features included. i only had the phat model prior to that and i was looking forward to being able to download games on the upgraded version, and the possibility of using a camera with games was intriguing. it turned out there weren't many great games available for download. and as far as games that used the camera? i only found a downloadable fighter that took advantage of it, but i never actually played it. oh well...

i mostly play DS games at home while watching TV. if i'm sitting in a chair while i play, everything is cool, but when i lay on the couch and play, the weight of the XL will bother me after a while. the XL is significantly heavier than a DSi/lite and you will notice it if you play for long periods while lying down.

the biggest complaint i have with the DSi XL is that i have to watch how i handle it. i only noticed it a few months back (and i got the XL shortly after it came out), but when i put pressure on the back of the handheld around the power button, it will shut off automatically. i have to consciously avoid resting my fingers in that vicinity when i play. i don't know if this problem would apply with the 3DS XL, but i thought i'd mention it.

that said, i still like my DSi XL. i had a hard time going back to playing on the phat model, although i still would whenever the XL unexpectedly ran out of juice. the differences between the first DS and the DSi XL are much greater than those between the 3DS and 3DS XL, but a lot of the pros and cons between the DS models should still apply. my recommendation is to wait it out until there's a good deal to take advantage of, if only because your 3DS is still relatively new and because there are bound to be all sorts of bundles coming around november.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I picked it up on 3DS a few days ago. It's pretty fun. I'd say it is easy so far (about four worlds in) with the exception of some big coins are hard to find, and a few stages have two ways to beat them. I've had to look a few things up on the net.

Granted it is a 2D type game, but the 3D on it is lackluster. Especially when compared to Super Mario World.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980