Page 341 of 351 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,525 of 8768

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    A question for anyone who has done the data migration from their original Wii to the Wii U....

Do the virtual console games transfer over? And if so, do they end up on the main Wii U 'channel' menu, or do you have to go into the original Wii emulator/channel to access them?

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Now that DoE mentioned the migration, I have a question too. Does the information stay on your Wii once you migrate, or does it all move completely to the Wii U? I'd prefer if a copy stayed on the Wii so there's a copy on each.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

so, how do you access the battle ships in mario u? i'm guessing all the coins need to be collected so you don't just skip right to the boss?
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Now that DoE mentioned the migration, I have a question too. Does the information stay on your Wii once you migrate, or does it all move completely to the Wii U? I'd prefer if a copy stayed on the Wii so there's a copy on each.
    I have to check mine but the transfer app says it all completely moves over. I suppose if you back it all up to a separate SD Card first you can keep it on the Wii by copying/moving it back after the "official" transfer
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I have to check mine but the transfer app says it all completely moves over. I suppose if you back it all up to a separate SD Card first you can keep it on the Wii by copying/moving it back after the "official" transfer
    So how does this effect virtual console games (if at all)?

Can you pick and choose which content to move over, or does it all just go by default?

EDIT:

Nevermind on the first question. I found the info I was looking for. Kind of disappointed by it, but not surprised.

I'm supposing the answer the my second question is no based on what I've read.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; November 21, 2012 at 01:29pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Nevermind on the first question. I found the info I was looking for. Kind of disappointed by it, but not surprised.

I'm supposing the answer the my second question is no based on what I've read.
    Yeah its an everything move, you don't get a choice
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Alright folks, Steam, Green Man Gaming, and other online gaming outlet are doing Autumn Sale/Thanksgiving sale right now, grab yours now.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Played Zombie U all day yesterday, if anyone has not tried it they are missing out. Its very much a survival horror game like the old RE's used to be and the use of the Gamepad is fantastic as a map/scanner.

well, nintendo is going to try and repair my flooded wii.. if the memory card isn't salvagable, they'll give me vouchers to repurchase games. gotta say this, they have good customer service
    Geek Media -

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    well, nintendo is going to try and repair my flooded wii.. if the memory card isn't salvagable, they'll give me vouchers to repurchase games. gotta say this, they have good customer service
    Yeah they have always been like that, up until a few years ago (when the Wii launched) they were still repairing NES and SNES systems...now THAT is dedicated Customer Service

Hope they can get your stuff fixed!

HD figures on youtube
    Guys, can you play old Wii games like MarioKart, Punch Out, and so forth on the new pad?

Quote Originally Posted by BCreviews4628 View Post
    Guys, can you play old Wii games like MarioKart, Punch Out, and so forth on the new pad?
    No you have to use the old Wii Remotes, Remote classic controller, etc. The system pulls a Commodore 128, and makes you boot into Wii mode
    to run the old Wii software. It runs them as they ran on the original Wii so you also need the original controllers (The C128 booted into C64 mode in a similar way
    booting to C64 hardware).
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

HD figures on youtube
    Alright, thanks for that info.

Anyone knows about this?

Original definition by Wikipedia,Visit Here
    Humble Bundle are a series of collections ("bundles") of video games, music albums or eBooks that are sold and distributed online at a price determined by the purchaser. The bundles are typically offered on a semi-regular basis during a two-week period; sales often include bonus games or media offered mid-week through the sale for those that have already purchased the bundle or otherwise pay more than the average.
    I brought THQ bundle that are:
    • Darksiders
    • Metro 2033
    • Red Faction Armageddon
    • Company of Heroes
    • Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
    • Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor
    • Saints Row: The Third

Include: The soundtrack.

You could search up the site on google and all of those stuff is on the main page. Have fun guys.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Master of New Adventures!
    Really sounds like the Console 'War' is pretty much over...everyone pretty much at peace and playing on whatever they play on.

And thus the long running thread ends with a whimper, not a bang...unless, of course, some killer new console comes out.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Ok so I went and got the Wii U. From the time I started it up, did the software download, synced the game pad I've had nothing but problems. If I'm on the homescreen or a setting page the game pad freezes up. It still plays music but nothing works. None of the buttons nor the touch screen. I've tried to play the first level in the Super Mario Bros game but I can't get through it without the game pad freezing. While I'm playing a game it pops up the message below. The battery is fully charged. The only way I can unfreeze it is hold the power button on the game pad until it goes off (not the console), then hit the power button to turn the pad back on. Works for a minute or so then back to square one.

Software is up to date

I've rebooted

Thoughts????

error.jpg
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    Here's a shot in the dark. When you start up the game did you choose the Wii remote or gamepad option? Is it possible you picked the Wii remote cause if you did I think you'll need to switch to the other.

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    Ok so I went and got the Wii U. From the time I started it up, did the software download, synced the game pad I've had nothing but problems. If I'm on the homescreen or a setting page the game pad freezes up. It still plays music but nothing works. None of the buttons nor the touch screen. I've tried to play the first level in the Super Mario Bros game but I can't get through it without the game pad freezing. While I'm playing a game it pops up the message below. The battery is fully charged. The only way I can unfreeze it is hold the power button on the game pad until it goes off (not the console), then hit the power button to turn the pad back on. Works for a minute or so then back to square one.

Software is up to date

I've rebooted

Thoughts????

error.jpg
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    Here's a shot in the dark. When you start up the game did you choose the Wii remote or gamepad option? Is it possible you picked the Wii remote cause if you did I think you'll need to switch to the other.
    I chose the game pad. It does it when I'm not in the game. It kept doing it when I was entering text. I would be halfway through my email during set up and it freeze.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

I'm assuming since you are able to turn the system on and off with the gamepad that you synced the gamepad up to the system in the first place, correct? Mine didn't come already synced up.

Maybe you just got a defective system and/or pad. If so, maybe you can take it back to the store and swap it out for another. They don't seem to be too hard to come by. I was at my local Toys R Us last night and they had plenty of both the basic and deluxe models in stock.

Or maybe Nintendo has some kind of website or phone number you can contact for assistance.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I've posted in Nintendo tech forum and no one has responded yet. Last night and this morning the call center wasn't open.

About the syncing though....I hit the button on the unit and on my gamepad. It works for a minute or so then just stops. I have to turn the gamepad off then back on for it to work again. If it wasn't synced it wouldn't work at all would it?

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    I chose the game pad. It does it when I'm not in the game. It kept doing it when I was entering text. I would be halfway through my email during set up and it freeze.
    Are you conected to the internet? Is it possible your wifi is droping when you are trying to send an email?

It took me three hours to properly set up my wifi connection. The Wii was quicker and easier in that respect.
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

7 days to beat mario wii u. fun little game. graphics are so nice looking, it reminded me of the jump in graphical power from the NES to the SNES. I couldn't stop looking at the fireballs jumping out of the lava for some reason ;o)..

I'm starting over from scratch on mario galaxy 2. my saved data was on the flooded Wii...and there i had finally made it to world 4. hoping to fast track this game and then i can finally start on twilight princess. Zelda games are less fun because they require a guide to figure out. and anyone who claims they don't use one for anything but the first and second games in the series is lying ;o)
    Geek Media -

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    Are you conected to the internet? Is it possible your wifi is droping when you are trying to send an email?

It took me three hours to properly set up my wifi connection. The Wii was quicker and easier in that respect.
    Wifi seems to be fine. I called Nintendo and they said the game pad needs refurbing. Refurbing a brand new game pad out of the box. I'm not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post

I'm starting over from scratch on mario galaxy 2. my saved data was on the flooded Wii...and there i had finally made it to world 4. hoping to fast track this game and then i can finally start on twilight princess. Zelda games are less fun because they require a guide to figure out. and anyone who claims they don't use one for anything but the first and second games in the series is lying ;o)
    And those two because they have played them so much, I would argue the same with Link to the past. But I never beat the second game because I couldn't find the final boss. Years later I found a strategy guide, sadly at that point my Nes was starting to go and when I did the downward thrust in the right spot my game would freeze.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    And those two because they have played them so much, I would argue the same with Link to the past. But I never beat the second game because I couldn't find the final boss. Years later I found a strategy guide, sadly at that point my Nes was starting to go and when I did the downward thrust in the right spot my game would freeze.
    i was going to add the third as well, but figured the first two where more accurate. I don't know how i finished zelda 2, but somehow i did it. The only reason you don't REALLY need the guides for those games is because they are small enough that eventually you can figure it out. but even still....who knows that you need to burn every random bush to find a dungeon level?
    Geek Media -