Page 342 of 351 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344 ... LastLast
Results 8,526 to 8,550 of 8756

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    Wifi seems to be fine. I called Nintendo and they said the game pad needs refurbing. Refurbing a brand new game pad out of the box. I'm not happy.
    Take it back to wherever you got it and tell them it's defective. They should give you a different one.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    i was going to add the third as well, but figured the first two where more accurate. I don't know how i finished zelda 2, but somehow i did it. The only reason you don't REALLY need the guides for those games is because they are small enough that eventually you can figure it out. but even still....who knows that you need to burn every random bush to find a dungeon level?
    A few years ago I went to play Dragon Warrior for the NES. I know when I was little I had a guide because it came with my Nintendo Power Subscription. Well as an adult I was playing it and I was seriously thought, man I am glad I had a guide as a kid because I would have had no friggin clue what to do or where to go. I could see based on this game why the Japanese dumbed down Final Fantasy IV, but then Final Fantasy games actually give you some direction as to where to go.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

well, here is the result for my wii system..more companies can learn from nintendo customer service >>
    "
    Hello Neil,

Thanks for contacting us. I was sorry to hear about the damage to your Wii as a result of Hurricane Sandy. Your system received significant liquid damage, and did have to be replaced. Regarding the Wii you received, it is a Factory Certified System, which means it was hand built with new parts by Nintendo technicians rather than by factory processes. It was subjected to the same rigorous testing methods that all new Nintendo products go through. I also wanted to let you know that, while we weren't able to recover your saved data, we were able to transfer your Wii Shop Channel Account to your new system, and will be able to download all of your previously purchased downloadable content at no additional cost. "

Now i just have to remember what i had on there! Lesson learned: It takes 5 seconds to unplug and pack the Wii...even if i didn't think anything would happen, I should have just taken it with me as a precaution. Ahh well...
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Evil Master of Warcraft
    well, here is the result for my wii system..more companies can learn from nintendo customer service >>
    "
    I'm glad they helped you out.

As for me, I called them a couple times over my brand new Wii U problem. Each time they were really nice and were great to talk to. Unlike the typical customer service phone call this was nice. They set me up a repair, but said it could be two to three weeks. I thought about it and didn't want a refurbed unit right out of the box and didn't want to mess with the shipping and what not. When I did a search on Target to see who had the Wii U Deluxe only two came up within a 1.5 hour drive. I bought the last one at one location. This was the broke one and I ended up taking to the other target and swapped it out. They only had 2 units.

So I finally got to play Super Mario Bros. I have to say I am impressed with the Wii U. The graphics are soooooooo much better than the Wii, which I really despised. However, the load times going from anywhere to the home screen and vice versa is pretty slow.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    My Wii broke a few months ago and Nintendo fixed it for free cause I was a good customer. Didn't even pay for shipping. As for your downloads if you go to the eShop you can see titles you've paid for and download them again.

"
    Hello Neil,

Thanks for contacting us. I was sorry to hear about the damage to your Wii as a result of Hurricane Sandy. Your system received significant liquid damage, and did have to be replaced. Regarding the Wii you received, it is a Factory Certified System, which means it was hand built with new parts by Nintendo technicians rather than by factory processes. It was subjected to the same rigorous testing methods that all new Nintendo products go through. I also wanted to let you know that, while we weren't able to recover your saved data, we were able to transfer your Wii Shop Channel Account to your new system, and will be able to download all of your previously purchased downloadable content at no additional cost. "

Now i just have to remember what i had on there! Lesson learned: It takes 5 seconds to unplug and pack the Wii...even if i didn't think anything would happen, I should have just taken it with me as a precaution. Ahh well...
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

i was going to add the third as well, but figured the first two where more accurate. I don't know how i finished zelda 2, but somehow i did it. The only reason you don't REALLY need the guides for those games is because they are small enough that eventually you can figure it out. but even still....who knows that you need to burn every random bush to find a dungeon level?
    It's Zelda...you break every pot... you burn every bush lol
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

Just a reminder Electronic Arts is selling new releases for 40% off. Today is the last day.
    Not only the Windows versions, but Console versions as well.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

going to try and start up mario galaxy 2 again soon. world one tomorrow. Then it's on to twilight princess
    Geek Media -

going to try and start up mario galaxy 2 again soon. world one tomorrow. Then it's on to twilight princess
    haha, love seeing someone talking about playing older games. just last week i played god of war for the first time. i never had it on ps2, but when i bought my ps3, it included the first 3 games. i had also bought ratchet and clank future and arkham asylum, and, being a big fan of both R&C and batman, i ended up setting god of war aside. it took two years, but i finally played through one of them. now i'm taking a little break with the shivering isles portion of oblivion, but i plan on starting god of war 2 soon.

i picked up radiant historia while doing some christmas shopping. it's a fun little RPG. i like the story and how the two diverging timelines progress as you switch between them. the battle mechanics are pretty fun too. pushing enemies into each other as you pull off combos is a lot of fun. there's only one thing i'm not 100% behind.

depending on which timeline you are in, you will have different people in your party. you start out with two other people that (as far as i know) are in your party no matter which timeline you're in. but so far (and i'm not very far), it seems like everyone else who joins you is only available in the timeline you meet them. it makes sense given the way the time/dimension hopping works in the story (the main character is really the only person moving around time), but it doesn't encourage experimenting with people you meet later in the game. if i've got two people that have been in my team from the start and will always be there no matter where i am in the game, and i can only have three people fighting at once, why should i bother using these other people? i'm only going to have them half the time. as soon as i get used to their abilities, i'll run into an obstacle that forces me to switch timelines.

The wife and I have been spending a lot of time the last couple days playing Mario Kart Wii.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rain View Post
    this video reminds me of your statement.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

ok, so i've got my games downloaded onto the wii's system memory. how do i transfer them over to the U and will they still stay on the wii, or will i have to download them again?
    Geek Media -

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    That video is hilarious!

ok, so i've got my games downloaded onto the wii's system memory. how do i transfer them over to the U and will they still stay on the wii, or will i have to download them again?
    There should be instructions in your Wii U manual about migrating the data over from your original Wii.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

i don't have a wii u to try it myself, but my friend says it removes them from the wii when transferred. just like transferring downloaded games onto a new 3ds.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    That video is hilarious!
    Yeah that was great lol
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

link shouldn't be a girl, and link shouldn't be hot..but good video ;o)
    Geek Media -

link should not be a girl, link should not be hot.. and good video affects. approved
    Geek Media -

They got her to do it because a video she released earlier in the year playing the Zelda theme on her violin. Lindsey Stirling is the actress in the video.

awesome

BTW: link shouldn't be a girl, and link shouldn't be hot, but figure they would get more views that way ;o)..
    Geek Media -

The end is inevitable.

THQ files for Chapter 11 as some people notice.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/...cy-protection/
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Can someone help me out with something.

Ladyfriend has three nephews and they are getting a 360 to share. They will have 3 separate avatar/accounts. How does that work with gift cards/points?

If each one gets $20 gift cards to spend on arcade games will each $20 be under each avatar or will $60 be there to share among all of them? One pot or individual?

If one kid downloads a game, will that game be available for all three? Isn't part of the license under the console serial number?

if they get $20 cards each and redeem them on each of their profiles then each profile will have $20, so they can't pool their money to buy one expensive item unless they redeem all points on one account. So it is individual not one pot

also a game bought on any account (as well as any map packs / upgrades for any games) can be used by any account on the same console. However if they lose the files (for whatever reason) or get a new 360 later, in order to get the stuff back they will need to use the account on which the items were bought
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

anyone have any problems with those new black x boxes not connecting to the internet? It doesn't seem to like my wired or wireless, and i'm on a fios router. my old one connected no problem.

hope it's not just me. want to get my old gamer tag and games back from the flooded xbox ;o)
    Geek Media -

Quote Originally Posted by Rain View Post
    Those are the easy parts...but playing the flute in the correct spot, especially with the random encounters of Zelda 2 can really be a pain in the backside!

I suppose this would be a correct thread, this or a 'pics of your collections'. Felt like snapping a shot earlier.
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

Anybody download the fan made turned official 25th anniversary game of
    Street Fighter X Mega Man? It's not the best game, but it's not horrible
    either, and it's FREE:

The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?