Page 346 of 351 FirstFirst ... 246296336344345346347348 ... LastLast
Results 8,626 to 8,650 of 8774

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-dir...ve/04-17-2013/

Here's an archive from yesterday stream! You just need to watch the video or re watch it, because it just worth to watch IMO.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    I played the demo for Injustice: Gods Among Us (or something like that) on the 360 and it was terrible. I was really excited when I saw it and kept debating on whether or not to get it on the 360 or WiiU, but now I know. Neither
    I didn't know much about it when I played the demo. I thought it was just another fighting game. I reado some reviews praising it and I found out it was made by the same people who do Mortal Kombat. So I figured I would give it another try and got the 360 full version.

The story is fun so far. I about through the controller through the tv going through the tutorials. I sort of gave up and skipped trying to do some of the combos and went to story mode. I can do enough button smashing to get by. I'll never master it that is for sure. The finishing moves get old really quick. Some of the faces could have had a better job done on them. I like how they seem to integrate how all of these fights actually happen and the storyline they have done. As for the fighting controls....I'm indifferent. The combo button thing is not for me anymore.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I didn't know much about it when I played the demo. I thought it was just another fighting game. I reado some reviews praising it and I found out it was made by the same people who do Mortal Kombat. So I figured I would give it another try and got the 360 full version.

The story is fun so far. I about through the controller through the tv going through the tutorials. I sort of gave up and skipped trying to do some of the combos and went to story mode. I can do enough button smashing to get by. I'll never master it that is for sure. The finishing moves get old really quick. Some of the faces could have had a better job done on them. I like how they seem to integrate how all of these fights actually happen and the storyline they have done. As for the fighting controls....I'm indifferent. The combo button thing is not for me anymore.
    I want to get this game, but I'm waiting to see if they release a 'complete edition' eventually like they did with the last Mortal Kombat game with all of the DLC on the disc.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I just got a big score on Craigslist of older systems. $175 for all of this:

He's got all this in storage that he's planning on selling also. He said I get first dibs.

Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I want to get this game, but I'm waiting to see if they release a 'complete edition' eventually like they did with the last Mortal Kombat game with all of the DLC on the disc.
    I was thinking about the DLC last night. Unless they add additionial story I don't want to pay for new places to fight and new characters.

I'm 75% through the story and it is really cool.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I just got a big score on Craigslist of older systems. $175 for all of this:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...90183425_n.jpg

He's got all this in storage that he's planning on selling also. He said I get first dibs.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...68135773_o.jpg
    Nice score!

Are those unopened NES and SNES systems he's going to be selling? I might be interested in one of each depending on the price.

I really like Marvel Heroes now, I'm not anxious about it or excited about it because I expect it to be like that and all during the Free Beta Weekend. Except on the System Requirement, it's kinda high and my "New PC" couldn't handle the demand at all in term of graphics. Now it's heading towards Metro 2033 type of hardware issues, just pure disappointment because of that.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...ed-to-wii-u-pc

If this turns out on Monday to officially be Eternal Darkness 2, I may have to go buy a Wii U!!!

MMO Highlights: Rift will be Free to Play, with additional subs if you decide to pay your subscriptions.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/05...icks-no-traps/

You will get additional boost if you pay for the subscriptions!

Remember, there's no tricks and traps but if you buy the game before the initial dates you will get 6 slot characters and 5 bag slots instead of 2 Character slot and 3 bag slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...ed-to-wii-u-pc

If this turns out on Monday to officially be Eternal Darkness 2, I may have to go buy a Wii U!!!

That church level looks almost exactly like the one in Eternal Darkness.

Man I hope this game gets made because it will give me a reason to want a Wii-U
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

I modded my SNES Jr.

Also I'm still stoked for Rise Of The Triad

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TheDeviot; May 15, 2013 at 12:34pm.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

I'm really enjoying the virtual console on the Wii U.

In addition to off tv play, they finally added the option to configure the controller... a feature that was severly lacking on the virtual console on the original Wii.

This is particularly true for original NES games. On the old NES controller, when playing a Mario game for example, you hold down B to run and A to jump, which was comfortable on that controller.

On Mario World on SNES, this was set up with the Y button to run and B to jump, because the way the buttons were layed out, this was the logical, most comfortable way to do this (with B and A being uncomfortable by compsrison).

But on the Wii, the classic controller button were layed out like an SNES controller, but NES games on the VC would default to B and A with no option to reconfigure it, which kind of sucked.

But the Wii U controller, the buttons on which also have a layout similar to the SNES controller. The NES games still default to to the B, A layout, but it can be reconfigured! I just downloaded Super Mario 2, and it's awesome once set correctly.

By the way, Super Mario 2 just came out, and today into sometime tomorrow, it is half price ($2.50 instead of $5.00) if you already bought Super Mario World for $8.00.

Also Super Metroid just came out and is temporarily just 30 cents. Eventually it will be $8.00.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I got the Walking Dead Survival Instinct for the WiiU. I want to download the demo on the 360 to compare. So far I really can't get used to the controls. The gamepad is fine for simple things like speed/jump in mario bros, but the right stick/buttons when you need to use them seem very awkward.

Nintendo Publishing the next Sonic in Europe, 3 exclusive Sega Wii U titles coming.
    Also Sega Master System ROMS hit the Nintendo 3DS Shop

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2013/...-for-nintendo/
    The Deviot
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Anyone Watched Nintendo Direct just now? The only thing that hooked me up is New Super Luigi U game and Resident Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    Anyone Watched Nintendo Direct just now? The only thing that hooked me up is New Super Luigi U game and Resident Evil.
    There were 3. 1 for North America, 1 for Europe, and 1 for Japan. The buzz online is huge for the Japanese one because it included news that the Yakuza HD bundle
    the PS3 got is hitting Wii U. They even decked out the Direct graphics to say SEGA Direct.
    The Deviot

-?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    There were 3. 1 for North America, 1 for Europe, and 1 for Japan. The buzz online is huge for the Japanese one because it included news that the Yakuza HD bundle
    the PS3 got is hitting Wii U. They even decked out the Direct graphics to say SEGA Direct.
    And Nintendo will get every penny or revenue on every Nintendo Let's play product! instead of deleting those video under violation.

I got the Walking Dead Survival Instinct for the WiiU. I want to download the demo on the 360 to compare. So far I really can't get used to the controls. The gamepad is fine for simple things like speed/jump in mario bros, but the right stick/buttons when you need to use them seem very awkward.
    It's pretty crappy across the board. Even once you get used to the sloppy movement you will be bored because the zombie AI is so bad.
    It's like they tried to make a L4D2 clone with none of the super monsters, none of the level design, and none of the fun.

They put in NPC's that supposedly "help" with your mission but they never appear during the level. At the end of the stage a screen will
    pop up saying they got you health items, but their life bars will be crap by then so you end up healing them with it.

Then there's the "Driving" you get to do by watching a cut scene play behind a map while an animated line moves on the map
    from point A to B.

IMO it isn't very good on any of the platforms. If you love WD so much you NEED a game, I'd go on Steam, and get the point and click adventure
    games from Telltale (The guys who did the Sam & Max remake, and the Back To The Future p&c)
    The Deviot

-?

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Believe it or not my favorite zombie game....well other than the original RE, is Zombie Apacolypse on 360. The sequel was horrible, but lot of zombie carnage

Anybody watching the Microsoft Nextbox reveal? At work and can't check the video feed...

I'm following the live blog on tech crunch.

They just revealed the name of the new system to be "Xbox One".

-Apparently it can be voice activated. According to the blog, at the presentation, the presenter said, "Xbox On", and the system turned on and logged him into his profile. I guess pressing a button it too much work.

-The interface is similar to that of the 360. Voice commands can also be used to switch between gaming, TV, and internet by saying "Xbox, Game", "Xbox, watch TV", "Xbox, Internet Explorer".

-There's something called "snap mode"... it allows you to run two programs at once.

-It can use Skype, also activated by voice command.

-It can bring up your cable/TV provider's programming guide
    (so far little of what is being discussed has much to do with gaming).

-You can use voice commands to change channels, and also see what is "trending" to see what your friends are watching.

Direct quotes from the blog:

“You can switch to your game like it’s a TV channel flip. You can snap Internet Explorer right alongside your video. But how did it recognize Youseff’s voice? We’re bring a whole new Kinect, overhauled to recognize your voice, and your gestures.”

“It’s processing over 2 gigabits of data per second to understand your world. This is rocket science level stuff.”

"The new Kinect captures the world at 1080p."

“The new kinect understands when you rotate your wrist. It knows when you’ve shifted weight to a different foot. When you’re exercising, it can read your heartbeat.”

“The new Xbox Live is built for Xbox One. It’s the same membership you have today, but more powerful and more intelligent. Today, we have 15,000 servers powering the Xbox Live experience.”

"On to the cloud functionality: Your media, your game saves, etc, will all be backed up to the cloud."

"A new DVR function will allow you to record and share your game saves"

"An “asynchronous” matchmaking mode lets you play one game, and search for multiplayer games in another"

Andrew Wilson, head of EA sports, is on stage....
    "We’re developing four games for Xbox One: Fifa 14, Maddren 25, NBA Live 14, and UFC"
    "All four will launch in the next 12 months"

They’ve built a new engine for their next generation of games: EA Sports Ignite.

Direct from the blog:
    “We’ve built this new engine to allow players to make decisions with 4x as many computations per second.”
    Not much in terms of solid details on the new engine yet. It’ll have “dynamic crowds”, and Xbox Live will stream in daily content “that affects the game play”

According to the blogger: "On to gameplay footage of the four aforementioned games. If this is actual game play footage, it looks pretty fantastic."

Microsoft Studios’ Phil Spencer has taken the stage to talk about the content coming to the Xbox One:
    “As the head of MSFT studios, I oversee the work of talented teams around the globe. These teams are hard at work right now, using all of the power brought by Xbox One, to amaze you and your friends and your family. All of you Xbox fans will get new, innovative games than ever before, along with all of your favorite franchises reimagined”

-The first franchise he’s talking about: Forza Motorsports 5

According to the blogger: "Again: if this is realtime gameplay footage, it’s pretty great. Insane reflection mapping on the car, intense particle effects of confetti falling everywhere, and lens flare. LENS FLARE EVERYWHERE!"

-Forza Motorsports 5 will be available at launch

Phil Spencer speaking again -
    “I’ve seen how developers are using the magic of this console to provide completely new experiences. Let me share a glimpse of the future of gaming, from the studio that invented bullet-time with Max Payne.”
    “This.. is Quantum Break.”

Quote Originally Posted by blogger
    They’re showing a real-world video of a lady and a young girl talking.

“What is it that makes you so different?”

“Are you sure you want to know?”, says the little girl, as she touches the older lady behind the ear.

Explosions! Things flying around! Glass everywhere! Cut to the Quantum Break logo.

Oh. That explains things.
    Phil Spencer-
    “We have more titles in development now than any other time in xbox history. We’ll have 15 exclusives on Xbox One in the first year, 8 of those being completely new franchises”

Nancy Tellem, MSFT’s entertainment and digital media pres, has taken the stage to talk about the Xbox One’s TV functionality....
    “Until now, the TV experience has been a one-way experience. That’s about to change. For the first time ever, TV will be truly personalized to your tastes and needs. Only on Xbox will TV become social, driven by the community of 10s of millions on Xbox Live. Xbox is about to become the next water cooler.”

Bonnie Ross, head of 343 — the folks who make Halo now — has taken the stage.

“Halo has always been more than a game. It’s an amazing experience that takes place in a rich, deeply connected universe.”
    “It’s been inspiring to see television become a medium to tell deep, evolving stories. Today, along with Nancy, I’m thrilled to announce a live action Halo televsion series”

Steven Spielberg is involved, he is onscreen in a video...
    “For me, the Halo universe is the perfect place to be at the intersection of where technology and myth making meet”

(I believe the follow quotes are Bonnie Ross again)...
    “For years now, the leading edge of Xbox’s tv experience has been live sports. We’re determined to make even more innovation there. It’s my pleasure to introduce a game changing partnership with the NFL”

Xbox One’s NFL partnership will bring exclusive NFL content to Smart Glass, along with integrated fantasy football. As shown before, it’ll automatically track your fantasy metrics and update you on screen as your league players score.

“I want to thank you for joining us today. We want to be the all-in-one system for the living room. The place where your games and entertainment come alive. We’ve shared the magic and science behind our system, and a small taste of the games on the way”

“I’m pleased to announce we’ll be launching the Xbox One around the world ‘later this year’“

Microsoft will be sharing more details, focusing primarily on the games, at E3 in just a few weeks.

One more lil’ exclusive for MSFT: all Call Of Duty downloadable content will launch first exclusively on Xbox One.

Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision has taken the stage to show “the next generation of Call Of Duty”....
    “I think the whole world expected me to come out here and just show Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 4. We didn’t want to do the safe thing, we wanted to do the right thing. So i’m here to show you Call Of Duty Ghosts. It’s a whole new world, a whole new plot, a whole new cast of characters”
    -game includes character customization.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; May 21, 2013 at 01:58pm.

a live action Halo tv show is coming courtesy of 343 Industries and Steven Spielberg

Probably the best announcement so far
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I'm following the live blog on tech crunch.

They just revealed the name of the new system to be "Xbox One".

http://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpr...0014.jpg?w=640

http://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpr...0015.jpg?w=640

http://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpr...5/45.png?w=640

-Apparently it can be voice activated. According to the blog, at the presentation, the presenter said, "Xbox On", and the system turned on and logged him into his profile. I guess pressing a button it too much work.

-The interface is similar to that of the 360. Voice commands can also be used to switch between gaming, TV, and internet by saying "Xbox, Game", "Xbox, watch TV", "Xbox, Internet Explorer".

-There's something called "snap mode"... it allows you to run two programs at once.

-It can use Skype, also activated by voice command.

-It can bring up your cable/TV provider's programming guide
    (so far little of what is being discussed has much to do with gaming).

-You can use voice commands to change channels, and also see what is "trending" to see what your friends are watching.

Direct quotes from the blog:

“You can switch to your game like it’s a TV channel flip. You can snap Internet Explorer right alongside your video. But how did it recognize Youseff’s voice? We’re bring a whole new Kinect, overhauled to recognize your voice, and your gestures.”

“It’s processing over 2 gigabits of data per second to understand your world. This is rocket science level stuff.”

"The new Kinect captures the world at 1080p."

“The new kinect understands when you rotate your wrist. It knows when you’ve shifted weight to a different foot. When you’re exercising, it can read your heartbeat.”

“The new Xbox Live is built for Xbox One. It’s the same membership you have today, but more powerful and more intelligent. Today, we have 15,000 servers powering the Xbox Live experience.”

"On to the cloud functionality: Your media, your game saves, etc, will all be backed up to the cloud."

"A new DVR function will allow you to record and share your game saves"

"An “asynchronous” matchmaking mode lets you play one game, and search for multiplayer games in another"

Andrew Wilson, head of EA sports, is on stage....
    "We’re developing four games for Xbox One: Fifa 14, Maddren 25, NBA Live 14, and UFC"
    "All four will launch in the next 12 months"

They’ve built a new engine for their next generation of games: EA Sports Ignite.

Direct from the blog:
    “We’ve built this new engine to allow players to make decisions with 4x as many computations per second.”
    Not much in terms of solid details on the new engine yet. It’ll have “dynamic crowds”, and Xbox Live will stream in daily content “that affects the game play”

According to the blogger: "On to gameplay footage of the four aforementioned games. If this is actual game play footage, it looks pretty fantastic."

http://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpr.../281.png?w=640

Microsoft Studios’ Phil Spencer has taken the stage to talk about the content coming to the Xbox One:
    “As the head of MSFT studios, I oversee the work of talented teams around the globe. These teams are hard at work right now, using all of the power brought by Xbox One, to amaze you and your friends and your family. All of you Xbox fans will get new, innovative games than ever before, along with all of your favorite franchises reimagined”

-The first franchise he’s talking about: Forza Motorsports 5
    http://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpr...5/30.png?w=640

According to the blogger: "Again: if this is realtime gameplay footage, it’s pretty great. Insane reflection mapping on the car, intense particle effects of confetti falling everywhere, and lens flare. LENS FLARE EVERYWHERE!"

-Forza Motorsports 5 will be available at launch

Phil Spencer speaking again -
    “I’ve seen how developers are using the magic of this console to provide completely new experiences. Let me share a glimpse of the future of gaming, from the studio that invented bullet-time with Max Payne.”
    “This.. is Quantum Break.”

Phil Spencer-
    “We have more titles in development now than any other time in xbox history. We’ll have 15 exclusives on Xbox One in the first year, 8 of those being completely new franchises”

Nancy Tellem, MSFT’s entertainment and digital media pres, has taken the stage to talk about the Xbox One’s TV functionality....
    “Until now, the TV experience has been a one-way experience. That’s about to change. For the first time ever, TV will be truly personalized to your tastes and needs. Only on Xbox will TV become social, driven by the community of 10s of millions on Xbox Live. Xbox is about to become the next water cooler.”

Bonnie Ross, head of 343 — the folks who make Halo now — has taken the stage.

“Halo has always been more than a game. It’s an amazing experience that takes place in a rich, deeply connected universe.”
    “It’s been inspiring to see television become a medium to tell deep, evolving stories. Today, along with Nancy, I’m thrilled to announce a live action Halo televsion series”

Steven Spielberg is involved, he is onscreen in a video...
    “For me, the Halo universe is the perfect place to be at the intersection of where technology and myth making meet”

(I believe the follow quotes are Bonnie Ross again)...
    “For years now, the leading edge of Xbox’s tv experience has been live sports. We’re determined to make even more innovation there. It’s my pleasure to introduce a game changing partnership with the NFL”

http://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpr.../341.png?w=640

Xbox One’s NFL partnership will bring exclusive NFL content to Smart Glass, along with integrated fantasy football. As shown before, it’ll automatically track your fantasy metrics and update you on screen as your league players score.

“I want to thank you for joining us today. We want to be the all-in-one system for the living room. The place where your games and entertainment come alive. We’ve shared the magic and science behind our system, and a small taste of the games on the way”

“I’m pleased to announce we’ll be launching the Xbox One around the world ‘later this year’“

Microsoft will be sharing more details, focusing primarily on the games, at E3 in just a few weeks.

One more lil’ exclusive for MSFT: all Call Of Duty downloadable content will launch first exclusively on Xbox One.

Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision has taken the stage to show “the next generation of Call Of Duty”....
    “I think the whole world expected me to come out here and just show Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 4. We didn’t want to do the safe thing, we wanted to do the right thing. So i’m here to show you Call Of Duty Ghosts. It’s a whole new world, a whole new plot, a whole new cast of characters”
    -game includes character customization.
    these details get me giddy for the most part, but the console design is pretty dull from what i see. doesn't matter much to me though. it's playing that counts most. but still
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

This wasn't stated in the blog I was following, but I just read this Kotaku article that just went up:

Xbox One Is Not Always Online, But Seems To Block Used Games
    Jason Schreier PFollowOUnfollow 5/21/13 1:46pm 13 minutes ago g 12,605L 65Edit

The next Xbox won't require an Internet connection to function, but could very well block used games, unless you feel like paying Microsoft some extra cash.

Wired got a look at Xbox One before today's big reveal, and they say that games will require installation to use. “On the new Xbox, all game discs are installed to the HDD to play,” Microsoft told them.

But games will be tied to an Xbox Live account, Wired reveals—or else you'd just be able to pass games around to everyone you know. And if you want to link a game to a second account, you'll have to pay a fee:

What follows naturally from this is that each disc would have to be tied to a unique Xbox Live account, else you could take a single disc and pass it between everyone you know and copy the game over and over. Since this is clearly not going to happen, each disc must then only install for a single owner.

Microsoft did say that if a disc was used with a second account, that owner would be given the option to pay a fee and install the game from the disc, which would then mean that the new account would also own the game and could play it without the disc.

But what if a second person simply wanted to put the disc in and play the game without installing – and without paying extra? In other words, what happens to our traditional concept of a “used game”? This is a question for which Microsoft did not yet have an answer, and is surely something that game buyers (as well as renters and lenders) will want to know.
    Wired also asked what we've all been wondering: will the console be online-only? The answer: it depends.

And what of the persistent rumors that Xbox One games will be “always online” – that is, that single-player games would require a constant online connection to function? As it turns out, those rumors were not unfounded, but the reality is not so draconian. Xbox One will give game developers the ability to create games that use Microsoft’s Azure cloud computing service, which means that they might be able to offload certain computing tasks to the cloud rather than process them on the Xbox One hardware itself. This would necessitate the game requiring a connection.

Are developers forced to create games that have these online features, and are thus not playable offline? They are not, Xbox exec Whitten said to Wired — but “I hope they do.” So the always-online future may come in incremental steps.
    So it's up to the developer. Some games may require an Internet connection; some may not. The future of always-online remains hazy.

Nope, I'm not liking the sound of this at all!

And while things seems interesting the the new system from a technological standpoint (the voice activated stuff, multitasking, etc), I can't say game-wise that I'm excited about anything that they announced.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; May 21, 2013 at 02:12pm.

The Xbox One has me pretty excited. I'm going to stay loyal to Microsoft for the next gen aswell it seems.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback