Page 349 of 351 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351 LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,725 of 8768

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    It looks like Target will have some good deals when PS4 launches. An ad leaked that shows Buy 2 get 1 free PS4 games at launch.

I hope this applies to all games and that they will have all launch titles in stock. There's 3 games that I'm hoping to grab, but only 1 is shown in the ad.

The Dualshock 4 controller is already available through some retailers. I went ahead and ordered one from Amazon earlier today. Apparently it can be used in a very limited basis with PS3, which is kind of neat. It sounds like more of a hassle than it is worth, but still kind of cool that it works... more info here http://www.gamesradar.com/how-do-you...ontroller-ps3/

On the Nintendo side of things, I've been tempted for a while to upgrade from the regular 3DS to the 3DS XL. When I saw that the finally released an all black one, I figured that is the one that I would eventually get, though I was going to hold of until early next year with PS4 coming out soon. But, now that the gold Zelda edition 3DS XL has been confirmed for release in the US (comes out in late November), I can't resist and I'm going for that one. I figure it will be limited and go quickly, as previous limited edition DS and 3DS systems have, so I'll get it right away. I went ahead and preordered it from Best Buy. The only thing that sucks is that it comes with a download code for the new Zelda game, and I'm still attached to physical media, so I'll still be getting the physical version sometime down the road, though it won't be an immediate priority.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

That gold 3DS XL is sexy. Very tempting. Probably going to have to pass though. Already spending enough money in Nov & Dec with a PS4 and Christmas.

I hear ya. If it wasn't for some reward points and gift cards helping out TREMENDOUSLY with my PS4-related costs, I'd definitely be passing as well.

One of the managers at BestBuy told me this morning that everyone that wants a PS4 should be able to get one before Christmas , but not necessarily on launch day. He also told me that he was letting people that had preorders in at 9pm on the 14th to get their console and buy whatever games and accessories they want at that time too so as to clear up congestion at midnight when the walk-ins are allowed to purchase. They are going to give out tickets to people standing in line for the remainder of the consoles they have.
    My post count just got bigger.

Well, looks like I won't be getting the gold 3DS XL after all.... because I bought the black one today!

I was originally interested in getting the black one until I saw that the Zelda one was coming out. As I said earlier, I had no interest in getting the download version of the game that comes with it (with the intent to still get the physical copy regardless), but was going to pay the extra $20 to get that version. Then I found out today that Best Buy was having a 2-day sale (which started yesterday, with today being the last day) with the standard 3DS XL models at $30 off, coming out to $170 instead of $200. (The standard 3DS systems are on sale as well for about $140). Give that I ended up saving $50 over what I would have paid for that Zelda version, I couldn't resist since the difference was only cosmetic.

And my regular 3DS won't go to waste. My much younger sister, who is in high school (there's about a 16 year age gap between us) has been interested in getting a 3DS, and she said that doesn't care if it is the XL or the regular version. So, I told her that since I was planning on upgrading mine, I will give her my regular one if she wants it. She was excited about that. Her B-day is coming up next month, so I'll be getting her some games to play on it.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; November 2, 2013 at 11:15pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    On the Nintendo side of things, I've been tempted for a while to upgrade from the regular 3DS to the 3DS XL. When I saw that the finally released an all black one, I figured that is the one that I would eventually get, though I was going to hold of until early next year with PS4 coming out soon. But, now that the gold Zelda edition 3DS XL has been confirmed for release in the US (comes out in late November), I can't resist and I'm going for that one. I figure it will be limited and go quickly, as previous limited edition DS and 3DS systems have, so I'll get it right away. I went ahead and preordered it from Best Buy. The only thing that sucks is that it comes with a download code for the new Zelda game, and I'm still attached to physical media, so I'll still be getting the physical version sometime down the road, though it won't be an immediate priority.

http://images.nintendolife.com/news/...ent/0/630x.jpg

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/wp-conte...-2-640x546.jpg
    Alright, Zelda related topic and "spoilers" here.

It contained one of the best easter eggs of all time: Hyrule Castle theme in the Link Between Worlds trailer song.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Here's a video demoing the functions of the Xbox One. Even though I'm getting PS4 at launch and I'm not sure when or if I will get an Xbox One (plus I'm still not thrilled with what Microsoft was going to do with it in the first place), I have to admit that it has a lot of cool features.

The final reveal on #Zelda and #SuperMario3dWorld before #November22.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

My Dollar General has the Atari Flashback 4 for $40.

I need to find some way to scrape up some additional funds....

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Ladies and gentleman, If you like playing New Generation Pinball, you can buy the table here and pay as you want with a minimum of 6 dollars to own more than 10 table.

The good news about this is, the game itself is free, the "micro transaction" are only the table.

You will have plenty of table if you purchase the whole weekly bundle.

This week is the STEAM Autumn Sale. Super deals on big titles all week like Batman Arkham Origins, Assassin's Creed series, Sleeping Dogs, Dark Souls, as well as
    recent classics like Sonic Generations, AA games like Chivalry (Which you should all be playing. It's the closest thing to a He-Man shooter you'll ever get), Rise Of The Triad,
    and indie games galore.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

My sister-in-law's boyfriend was over for Thanksgiving dinner last night and mentioned that Steam and PS4 are joining forces to play Steam on PS4. Is there any truth to this? I've never played Steam because I don't play on PC, but it sounds interesting if it's true.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    My sister-in-law's boyfriend was over for Thanksgiving dinner last night and mentioned that Steam and PS4 are joining forces to play Steam on PS4. Is there any truth to this? I've never played Steam because I don't play on PC, but it sounds interesting if it's true.
    Yes, they have done this on the regular PS3, For example that you can play cross platform between PS3 and PC like how I play with one of the Org members.

or he might refer to Steam machine that is a Console/PC hybrid for your living room.

and here it is

Speaking of Steam machine, you can buy Steam Machine by purchasing this PC for TV console iBuyPower for 499 dollars, which is nearly the same price as Xbox One.

iBuyPower's Steam Machine

What is everyone playing?

I started Assassin's Creed for PS4, and am thoroughly confused by the whole thing. My wife bought me Madden for the PS4 for Christmas, so that's been fun. I'm loving the Remote Play feature with the Vita. Renee can watch TV, and I'm playing!

I had gift cards, so I picked up an Xbox One. While I was walking out of Best Buy with it, a guy asked me if I wanted a free year's worth of Live Gold. He works for Microsoft, and handed me a card. Weird. I'm looking forward to trying Killer Instinct!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

I had gift cards, so I picked up an Xbox One. While I was walking out of Best Buy with it, a guy asked me if I wanted a free year's worth of Live Gold. He works for Microsoft, and handed me a card. Weird. I'm looking forward to trying Killer Instinct!
    LOL, what? Was this a guy who worked with Best Buy, or some random dude who came from nowhere?

My wife got me Batman Arkham Origins for Christmas and playing it now. Seeming a LOT like Arkham City, but hopefully it pans out a little more story wise, I like the old school looking screen and I understand why they did it, but it's also driving me insane. Gonna grab Lego Marvel tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
    LOL, what? Was this a guy who worked with Best Buy, or some random dude who came from nowhere?
    Just some random guy outside. I still don't know if it's legit, as I haven't tried it yet. The card has a sticker fro the Microsoft store on the back. Funny thing is that we don't have a Microsoft store within 50 miles.

I would be wary of it, sounds like door to door magazine guys who have made up magazines trying to scam money.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I would be wary of it, sounds like door to door magazine guys who have made up magazines trying to scam money.
    Well, he didn't ask for any money. He just handed me the card and shook my hand after I said thanks. What's the worst that could happen?

I very recently bought "Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch" on the playstation store as part of the January Sale and man I have to say I am simply blown away. The visuals are stunningly beautiful, the characters have more depth then a bottomless pit and the story is just so well written and acted (helped at times with amazing animation by Studio Ghibli) that i find myself properly laughing at the funny bits and being very sad (and pretty much in tears) at the more sad and depressing parts. It is well tidy as Drippy would say

Seriously tho this game should be on EVERYONE's must own list, hell anyone who doesn't own a PS3 should buy it just to play this game

While it may not beat my all time fave RPG Skyrim for the sheer amount of things you can do and choices you can make it is easily the second best RPG I have EVER played, hell I will even say it is ONE of the greatest games ever
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    I very recently bought "Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch" on the playstation store as part of the January Sale and man I have to say I am simply blown away. The visuals are stunningly beautiful, the characters have more depth then a bottomless pit and the story is just so well written and acted (helped at times with amazing animation by Studio Ghibli) that i find myself properly laughing at the funny bits and being very sad (and pretty much in tears) at the more sad and depressing parts. It is well tidy as Drippy would say

Seriously tho this game should be on EVERYONE's must own list, hell anyone who doesn't own a PS3 should buy it just to play this game

While it may not beat my all time fave RPG Skyrim for the sheer amount of things you can do and choices you can make it is easily the second best RPG I have EVER played, hell I will even say it is ONE of the greatest games ever
    I have to agree that Ni No Kuni is a great great game, I read about people's opinion and reviews regarding the game and it hold highly as one of the great games in 2013.

Well, he didn't ask for any money. He just handed me the card and shook my hand after I said thanks. What's the worst that could happen?

Aliens could land and take over the world!!!

Sorry; had to troll for a moment...

Have you tried to use it yet? If it is legit, you scored big time. If not, no big deal...
    My post count just got bigger.

I haven't yet. I'm waiting for my 14 day free trial to run out. I also won a 30 day membership from McDonalds that i want to redeem first.

I'm currently playing lots of "Dragon's Crown" on PS3

As far as Next-Gen goes, my decision will be based on how the Street Fighting market goes, as well as a few other francises. Not looking forward to having to buy new arcade fighting sticks.

I went with Nintendo. It may not have the best specs but my wife and I have been having a ton of fun with it.... and really that's all that matters. I wish people wouldn't be so quick to write it off quite yet