Page 350 of 351 FirstFirst ... 250300340348349350351 LastLast
Results 8,726 to 8,750 of 8757

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Widget
    I will be honest, 98.9% of the time my xbox ones "usage" is due to the fact I have the voice function enabled so I turn everything on with the "xbox on" command. I havent played a game in weeks on it.... ryse is pretty and fun for a while, dead rising is fun but 2 player co-op would be better if it was 4 player though it could make it a bit too easy. have call of duty for it too which i played....maybe 2 times so far.

As for my ps4, i feel like I glued battlefield into it since it rarely leaves the system lol. Call of duty gets a bit more play on there (got it for free from amazon since friends prefer ps4), assassins hasnt gotten played once because I am just...not interested in it. Havent tried playroom with the camera either....but the remote play with my vita is quite nice.

My wii U has been slowely but surely becoming the same as its predecessor. havent touched it since late September and before that probably not since 3 months after its release. I just kind of feel like its not as much party oriented as the Wii was and the hardcore games are just.....not on the same level due to specs as the ps4 and xbox one.......

I am however honestly addicted to prop hunt on my mac.........go figure..........garry's mod ftw

Here's a big big cool update from CES today, Steam Machine just unveil partner and system specs.

All hail Prince Gaben.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/06/v...achines-specs/
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

What do you guys think of Playstation Now? It looks like it could be really interesting being able to play PS3 games without a PS3 (or gaming console at all for that matter).
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Yes it's cool to have a "emulator" type of service for PS4, When we heard about lack of backward compatibility it just sadden my heart for a week.

Anyway, here's the follow up from Steam CES showcase.

l8SRsvi.jpg

There was an event called Steam Developer Days at Seattle on 16-17 January 2014. From what I've heard around the net who give out coverage including #SteamDevDays I am fully a satisfied user regarding the changes that they made for Steam Machine, Steam OS, and Steam Controller.

only the sad thing is Steam Controller won't be a touchpad anymore and added Dpad like the regular controller on market.

"I will follow up about the news from Valve in this coming week until the release date of the Steam Machine or SteamOS."

http://www.steamdevdays.com/

Here's our latest update, well not an update but a full 2 days presentation video that they just added on the site and YT.

Steam Developers Youtube Playlist.
    Last edited by Fendi; February 11, 2014 at 08:41pm.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

It worked. I got a free year of Xbox Live Gold.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Congratulations Dorrmann, you're really lucky on this one, free year, lots of achievements, free online play.

I do believe that the coupon will be cheap on black friday, like 30 dollars for a whole year.

So I got Outlast for half price on Steam today and while it is an ok game it is so not scary at all. I found getting chased by some giant of a man or stalked by two naked twins, who seem to want to eat me, no more scary then facing Bowser in a super mario game. Still it is an entertaining game so buying it was not a total waste
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Just f inished Super Mario 3D world. One of my favorites of the 3D Genre.

Was it just me, or did the End theme song remind anyone of the Monsters Inc theme song? Also, the song in the last world ghost house, sort of sounded like Dragon Ball Kai music, the same music that got dropped for sounding like other music.

weird
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    Just f inished Super Mario 3D world. One of my favorites of the 3D Genre.

Was it just me, or did the End theme song remind anyone of the Monsters Inc theme song? Also, the song in the last world ghost house, sort of sounded like Dragon Ball Kai music, the same music that got dropped for sounding like other music.

weird

Here's something for you.

Really? I'm sure you feel it sounds the same on those two theme.

Speaking of music, I find Nintendo Wii U game soundtrack are much more relaxing and uptempo aside from heavy hard rock orchestration find in AAA game and majority of the console games.

So, I finally beat the game and collected all 245 or so stars.... yet online claims there are 350 or more?
    I have all green stars in every level, I swear I've found ever toad adventure house. what is left?
    Geek Media -

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    So, I finally beat the game and collected all 245 or so stars.... yet online claims there are 350 or more?
    I have all green stars in every level, I swear I've found ever toad adventure house. what is left?
    Did you take the rocket ship from World 1-1 to World Mushroom-1? Clear all of those with all of those stars to take another rocket to
    World Fire Flower-1. Then clear that with all stars to play World Star-1. Clear ALL of that with ALL stars, and unlock World Crown.
    Which also has green stars to get.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    Did you take the rocket ship from World 1-1 to World Mushroom-1? Clear all of those with all of those stars to take another rocket to
    World Fire Flower-1. Then clear that with all stars to play World Star-1. Clear ALL of that with ALL stars, and unlock World Crown.
    Which also has green stars to get.
    nope, no idea there was a rocket ship toget

- - - Updated - - -

OK, I found it.... Oh Second star on rainbow world, how I loathed getting you until I found out there was a secret fire flower hidden to the left that made it un necessary to exit and re enter just to get more FF's..

Nice to see they upped the difficulty level a little...but i'm so used to mario games, it's still easy
    Geek Media -

Had a lot of fun at Wondercon playing the booth demo of Namco's "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle" at different points during the weekend and meeting other Jojo manga/anime fans. It's such a niche property in The States, so that's a rare thing. Though the free streaming of the current anime series seems to be making more American fans. Back on topic, going to buy this when it's released at the end of the month. Also got to resume reading the manga (stopped around Series 5)

Red Orchestra 2, a good FPS game is going to be free on steam for 24 hours, better grab it while you can folks.

I wish I could access on He-Man.org Steam Group so I could promote the group and the game there.

so it seems the urban legend about all those Atari ET Cartridges being buried in a New Mexico Landfill were actually true

http://kotaku.com/e-t-found-in-new-m...ium=Socialflow

Lucasfilm squashing your dreams: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=809203

I also put this in the expanded universe thread. It affects all SW not a movie or CW toon.
    The Deviot
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

So Lucas telling us that Expended Universe is absolute?

Hey, at least the mainstream media is part of the canon.

Ordered my killer rig parts

Case: Azza Toledo 301
    PSU: Azza p850 850W
    Mobo: ECS B85H3-M(1.0) LGA 1150
    Processor: Intel i7 4770k 3.5ghz
    Memory: Crucial 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1600
    Graphics: MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 4GB GDDR5
    Hard Disk (Applications): Samsung 250GB SSD (Solid State)
    Hard Disk (Storage): (Repurposed) Seagate Barracuda 750GB SATA II 7200RPM
    Optical Drive: (Repurposed) LG DVD Burner SATA II
    Operating System: Windows 8.1

The Deviot

-?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    Ordered my killer rig parts

Case: Azza Toledo 301
    PSU: Azza p850 850W
    Mobo: ECS B85H3-M(1.0) LGA 1150
    Processor: Intel i7 4770k 3.5ghz
    Memory: Crucial 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1600
    Graphics: MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 4GB GDDR5
    Hard Disk (Applications): Samsung 250GB SSD (Solid State)
    Hard Disk (Storage): (Repurposed) Seagate Barracuda 750GB SATA II 7200RPM
    Optical Drive: (Repurposed) LG DVD Burner SATA II
    Operating System: Windows 8.1

http://static.techspot.com/images/pr...58328023_o.jpg
    Err, you should buy 760 with Watch Dog as a free gift.

OK, I've died about 80 times now using peach trying to beat this thing...I've mastered EVERYTHING...blocked steps, red blue steps. Wizards and falling panels. Beatle walls... The ONE thing so far giving me trouble is those blasted flower jumping walls, and I've only made it past that to the spikes once by sheer luck. there has to be a trick to it..

- - - Updated - - -

OK, out of about 100 tries now, i've got it ALL mastered...but I'm ALWAYS one question coin short at the end. I either get nervous and fall off, or I forget I have one left...arrrggghh..
    The other mystery house level with 50 stars is also going to be impossible

- - - Updated - - -

Oh thank god... I FINALLY beat Challenge road. Now, I only have to do it four more times to get the world crown. I have a feeling that will be easy compared to the final mystery house

- - - Updated - - -

130 or so deaths later, Challenge road is beaten. It's actually REaalllly easy once you work out the tricks and get it down to muscle memory.
    Now, onto the blasted mystery house. I got the first ten stars easy, but that stupid trampoline one is messing me up.

- - - Updated - - -

Arrrgghh.....7 stars left on the toad mystery house.... and I miss my time on the silly stomps and baseball level...argghh...the first fifteen are so easy now its muscle memory
    Geek Media -

In case anyone missed the news last week. UNREAL TOURNAMENT IV is coming.
    Epic is making it. Full game will be FREE. Will run on Unreal Engine IV which is what a lot of your
    next gen games will run on. Being made with TONS of fan input. Also like the other UT games will include
    the engine tools to make maps, and mods. Users can make mods, and sell them. Epic will get a cut to cover the
    cost of making UT4.

Personally, I'm cautiously optimistic. UT was the series that introduced me to clan play, as I was actually in a clan,
    and became good enough to get involved in scrims. My hope is this will become a return to form going back to the
    wide variety of character types of UT, and UT2k3/2k4. UT3 had a nice blend of gameplay but a lot were turned off by
    the Gears inspired costumes. That, and its buggy launch. Anyway I'm keeping an eye on it. I hope others will too.
    Especially anyone tired of the "Army guy" styled shooters, as well as those who loved the old school Doom, Quake, and
    UT deathmatches.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=815263

All that out of the way, anyone else buying Mario Kart 8? I had fun slaying orgers, in Super Smash Bros. Brawl back in the day.
    Might be fun to win or lose races.
    The Deviot

-?

TAKE THAT MYSTERY HOUSE.....It only took 159 tries to get you all down to muscle memory. 30 stars I'll never have to do again, unless I want to try and torture myself for the mystery crown

- - - Updated - - -

and just like that, after beating the mystery house after 159 or so tries, I beat it with the four other characters today in under ten deaths each. Now it seems easy, ugh ;o).

Now onto the Crown stage. Almost beat it with roselina, but got nervous and died at the last question coin..ugh. beating the game with all the other characters will be simple after this... but I wish they had just left it at beating the last two levels there. that is hard enough
    Geek Media -

Ladies and gentleman, Watch Dogs going to be release next week. I know a lot of hardcore video game player going to play this game anxiously but no worries, the game will release next week!

Mario Kart 8 is one week away.
    The Deviot

-?

Sniper Elite v2 is FREE on Steam right now for just one day (by which I mean it is yours to keep forever if you get it today but you will once again have to pay for it starting from tomorrow).