Page 43 of 352 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 8798

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Where the army sends me, currently:Mannheim, Germany
    Hopefully this hasnt been posted here yet but the internet channel is supposed to go live on December 22nd with a beta version of the Opera browser
    ThunderCast: the first ThunderCats Podcast in the Universe

Visit the Thundercats websitewww.ThunderCatslair.org and forums HERE

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Yeah $600 for the VC is too much since there really isn't anything to buy for the REAL console. By the way, so much for PS3 exclusives...Virtua Fighter 5 is going multiplatform and DragonQuest IX went to the DS and rumors of Kingdom Hearts heading to Nintendo systems!
    Last edited by hemanrep; December 21, 2006 at 10:11pm.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    12/25:
    Super Mario Bros (NES): 500 points
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

The Horde Guru of Gaming D-Day V1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    Yeah $600 for the VC is too much since there really isn't anything to buy for the REAL console. By the way, so much for PS3 exclusives...Virtua Fighter 5 is going multiplatform and DragonQuest IX went to the DS and rumors of Kingdom Hearts heading to Nintendo systems!

Awesome news on VF 5!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    12/25:
    Super Mario Bros (NES): 500 points
    DO THE MARIO!!!!!!
    Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another castle.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AeroStratos88 View Post
    yeah I would agree but since the point was missed entirely I guess I can't.

So heres the deal just like the PSP the Homebrew community already made it possible to do everything possible on a Wii on the PS3.

So while your waiting every monday to see what game Nintendos gonna release on the VC to tide over the drought. PS3 owners will have every game for every back NES system and Sega System Turbo Grafix and Neo Geo and some Arcade games already playable. And geuss what they can use the Wii mote if they so wish. Same experience nothing lost.

So it's not about new games it's about all the old ones that's the selling point of the Wii anyway the VC outside of the Controller. So if another system has that then your left with nothing.

Oh and the VC has already been hacked. It's rather simple people are finding out to take your VC on an SD card and with a little reworking make them work on any one elses Wii. So that means files will be uploaded online just like any other Rom for people to take. So there goes that too.

Ok, but obviously you are refering to Roms, which are unofficial and probably illegal as Brett pointed out (actually, I'd have to double check the legality on that... it may not be illegal to have the Rom is you already own a legit copy of the game in some form, but that's neither here nore there).

Technically speaking, anyone who has a PC can do the same thing with the Roms and Wii-mote. So what real advantage is the PS3 giving them in that case? - Oh yeah, None! (That esspecially goes true for people posting on this forum, since obviously we all have access to computers to even get on here and post in the first place.... if these people were fine with unofficial Roms, then they wouldn't be paying for the VC games to begin with)

Generally speaking, people wanting to get these games from Nintendo want them since they are official releases, not unofficial Roms with occasional glitches, etc.

And, you are saying these things like it's a good thing. People who are buying PS3's to do these things (like ROMs, etc) aren't really helping Sony's bottom line. Sony is selling their system at a loss. So, if people buy it, mainly use it for this kind of thing, and don't buy many PS3 games, then it doesn't really help Sony profit and prosper. So, even if this does hurt the Wii (which I really don't think it does), it's probably hurting Sony just as much, if not more so (in fact, in this scenario, since the Roms are being dowloaded for free, and Sony is taking a loss on the PS3, Nintendo is the only one making any profit here with the sale of the Wii-mote to use with the PS3 and the Roms). Yup, it's really good that Sony put all of these extra features into their system to distract people from having to go out and buy games to help them profit. They are doing a bang-up job.

On the other hand, the Wii is at least breaking even with each unit sold and is probably making at least some profit, even if not a huge one. So, even if people buy it and find a way to hack things and use their friend's VC games on their system, Nintendo will still come out ahead (maybe not as far ahead as they would if people weren't doing this kind of thing, but still somehwat ahead none the less).

Plus, once the PS1 games become downloadable, I'm sure people will find ways to hack and illegally copy those as well. So, Sony won't get away from these issues scott-free.

The bottom line here is that you are (once again) grasping at straws to make some point about PS3 and trying to make it seem better than the Wii. But, we can see the forest through the trees on this. Besides, there really is no legal way for people to do this stuff on their PS3. So, when you come up with an answer to how people can do this on their PS3 and keep it completely legal, you be sure and keep us in the loop on that one.

Now, go back out into the world, grasp at some more loose straws, and come running back to us with then them and present them as being something much more firm and concrete than they really are so that we can point out the flaws in your logic once again.

Yeah $600 for the VC is too much since there really isn't anything to buy for the REAL console.
    Excellent point. Plus, not only would the system cost the $600, but you'd have to shell out $40 to even have a single Wii-Mote, which would already come with the Wii. Unless you really download A LOT of Roms to really balance out what it would cost just to get the Wii and pay for the VC games legitimately, then this whole arguement is kind of pointless anyway.

Plus, I've been hearing enough info on PS3's supposedly crashing and freezing that it makes me want on even less. Granted, I don't have enough info to make a final, concrete determination on it yet, but it's enough to significantly raise my eyebrow. So, what good are the Roms if the system isn't working to play them?

Yup, let's all jump on the PS3 bandwagon now! Clearly that's the most logical route to go!

: By the way, so much for PS3 exclusives...Virtua Fighter 5 is going multiplatform and DragonQuest IX went to the DS and rumors of Kingdom Hearts heading to Nintendo systems!
    I heard about VF 5 coming to 360. And I find that funny as it's the only game coming out for PS3 in the relatively near future that I had any real interest in. It wasn't enough to make me buy the system anyway, but now that it is coming out for 360, there's even less of a reason for me to get PS3.

However, somehow I doubt Kingdom Hearts will come out for Wii. Time may prove me wrong, but I just don't see it happening. If it does happen, I think it would be more of a side game, and not specifically Kingdom Hearts 3 or something (it would be like the equivelant of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals).

Granted, if Kingdom Hearts were to no longer be PS exclusive, and have the exact same game come out for other systems, I wouldn't mind. Mainly because right now that is the only game that I can see coming out that would really tempt me into getting a PS3. And if it becomes available elsewhere, then I see no reason to ever get PS3. At least not from this point in time.

Time will tell on that one. For the record, I hope you are right... but, I somehow doubt that things will pan out that way.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; December 23, 2006 at 02:51am.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Warrior
    By the way, so much for PS3 exclusives...Virtua Fighter 5 is going multiplatform
    does INSANE dance of joy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by D-Day V1 View Post
    Awesome news on VF 5!!!!!

tis indeed. the ONLY reason I wanted a PS3 no longer exists! I'm SOOOOOO happy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    However, somehow I doubt Kingdom Hearts will come out for Wii. Time may prove me wrong, but I just don't see it happening. If it does happen, I think it would be more of a side game, and not specifically Kingdom Hearts 3 or something (it would be like the equivelant of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals).

Granted, if Kingdom Hearts were to no longer be PS exclusive, and have the exact same game come out for other systems, I wouldn't mind. Mainly because right now that is the only game that I can see coming out that would really tempt me into getting a PS3. And if it becomes available elsewhere, then I see no reason to ever get PS3. At least not from this point in time.

Time will tell on that one. For the record, I hope you are right... but, I somehow doubt that things will pan out that way.
    I agree with you that the Wii may not get it...BUT with Square giving so much support to the DS, I would be surprised if the DS doesn't get some type of Kingdom Hearts support. That's why the rumor was stated as Nintendo systems and not specifically the Wii. Chain of Memories sold a lot on the GBA and I think it's a given to make one for the DS.

At the same time, I think the Wii will have a larger user installed base than PS3 throughout and right before the 2007 holiday season and if Square does what they usually do which is support the console with the largest installed base, then the Wii could no doubt be the system of choice. Besides, Square has said they are going multiplatform and with Final Fantasy XIII coming to the PS3, I think Square needs to bring a big name franchise to the Wii. And no, I do not consider Crystal Chronicles a big franchise...at least not yet.

I'm typing this from my living room on the Wii. I love this thing. I got it on launch day by waiting outside TRU for two hours. It was the first console I got at launch since the N64. I highly recommend downloading the browser from the shop channel. Its free!
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

typing this on my wii!! pretty easy with the predictive text input feature. hopefully they can make use of all the buttons in the full version.

Gorilla beastussapien Beastmangler's Avatar
    I am also using the Wii to type this. Very intuitive and easy to use. Yay!!

they updated it at 4am (i was still awake ) so i decided to try it out.

My favourite part? YouTube works perfectly on it.

PS. I am not typing this on my Wii. Maybe I'll post later on :P
    MattOnDemand.com
    Because even your web browser wants me.

Nobody puts Bautista in the corner.

Man I need to get a router fast

Just thought of something. Since the Wii is connected to the internet with the Opera web browser, can it pick up any viruses? That would be terrible if your Wii goes on the fritz because you've been online with it.
    Last edited by PanMan; December 22, 2006 at 02:20pm.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

youtube doesn't work anymore!! only embedded videos work...

wow, i just went to my local wal-mart and they had six 60 gb Playstation 3's. i was like hmph, i still don't want one. no wii's to be seen
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

"If I were a vegetable I'd be a radish because I'm only kind of rad."

Where the army sends me, currently:Mannheim, Germany
    youtube doesn't work anymore!! only embedded videos work...
    Works for me
    ThunderCast: the first ThunderCats Podcast in the Universe

Visit the Thundercats websitewww.ThunderCatslair.org and forums HERE

yeah my YouTube no longer works, says that i dont have the latest java something something.
    MattOnDemand.com

Hopefully they fix it....though now it gives me a reason to get out of my bed tomorrow morning...LOL.

Evil master of... stuff. He-Lurker's Avatar
    I'm on my Wii as well! Pretty amazing!

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Lurker View Post
    I'm on my Wii as well! Pretty amazing!
    Me too, this is awesome! LOL!!!
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

Also posting this from my Wii! Hopefully USB or wireless keyboard support will be added in the future! This is pretty sweet!
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Heroic Warrior
    all you Wii-ers are driving me nuts!! i've been looking for one everyday! ARGH! ah well I guess i'll have to wait til jan. glad you guys are having fun.

Master of Backwards! Backwards Man's Avatar
    Quick Wii question. I don't have wireless web...is there an accessory I have to buy from Nintendo so Ican get the web on the Wii? (and download all those VC gems!)

Quote Originally Posted by Backwards Man View Post
    Quick Wii question. I don't have wireless web...is there an accessory I have to buy from Nintendo so Ican get the web on the Wii? (and download all those VC gems!)
    You can buy the Wii/DS USB WIFI dongle. It's like $30 bucks at retail, but you can buy it here

Also, I brought back one of many Zelda threads created awhile back so we can discuss TP in more depth without spoiling it for others reading this thread.

http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...43#post1718943

YouTube works again (for me anyway.)

Edit: lol i'm watching full Road Runner cartoons on YouTube (on my TV)
    12:34am -- still no sign of Super Mario Bros. VC.
    Last edited by MattOnDemand; December 25, 2006 at 01:43am.
    MattOnDemand.com

Howdy typing this from my Wii this is awesome.

Chris M
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN