Page 5 of 351 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AeroStratos88

Anyone seen this thing. The pictures went down as fast as they went up.
    I haven't seen any Wii kits, but I'd say the pics are genuine.

It looks pretty similar to the GameCube dev-kits, which isn't surprising as the Wii is really just a GameCube with faster bits inside it. Nintendo are really protective of the dev-hardware (we're not even allowed to show DS dev-kits in pictures for Magazines) and I imagine somebody isn't going to have a job tomorrow if they can prove who took the pictures.
    Yesterday returneth not. Tomorrow perhaps cometh not. Today is thine. Misuse it not.

OFF TOPIC:

Here's an image of the Fierce Deity Link staction figure from Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

MattOnDemand.com
    Because even your web browser wants me.

Nobody puts Bautista in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Matt
    OFF TOPIC:

Here's an image of the Fierce Deity Link staction figure from Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

I saw that a little while back. But isn't it like 150 bucks.

I haven't tried it personally, but guys, play Zelda: Twilight Princess on the Wii. That fishing video on IGN of the guy using the wii-mote is amazing. You'll want to play it on the Wii. Trust me.

George Harrison, Nintendo of America's VP of Marketing and Corporate Communications, told the people in Camp Hyrule that the Wii version of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess will only have support for the Wii's controller -- not the GameCube's. While this isn't necessarily anything drastically bad, it is a letdown for those who maybe didn't want to give the full Wiimote scheme a go.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3152902

Ever since Nintendo revealed that there would be two versions of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - one for GameCube and another for Wii - gamers have wondered if they could play the Wii build with the GCN controller. After all, Wii does play GCN games, too - but previous reports have suggested that Nintendo's innovative new remote is incompatible with GCN software.

Incidentally, the only known difference between the two builds - other than new Wii-mote-enhanced controller for the Wii version, of course - is that the Wii incarnation also runs in 16x9 widescreen mode, whereas the GCN one doesn't.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/725/725962p1.html
    Last edited by AeroStratos88; August 17, 2006 at 07:39am.

Jack Thompson continues his butthattery:
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6155892.html

Reggie interviewed about Nintendo's online plans:
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6155863.html

Another prediction from analyst group (This group likes the PS3, others have liked the Wii, and others have loved 360. Like others take this with a grain of salt since no one knows)
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6155912.html
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

OFF TOPIC:

Where does one purchase this?
    "I wish there was a God. I do. What I've heard about him, brilliant. But if there is a God, why'd he make me an atheist? That was his first mistake. Actually, talking snake was his first mistake"

Quote Originally Posted by olorin56
    Where does one purchase this?
    Full-time rebel and figurine-man Alex from First4Figures contacted us earlier today to let us know that their Fierce Deity Link Collectible Statue will be shipping later this year (Q4 2006) and that they started taking pre-orders as of today. The 14.5 inches tall collectible statue, inspired from the official Majora’s Mask Fierce Deity Link artwork, retails for a hefty $129.99 USD. Expensive collectible, yes; but hey, you get a Link figurine that’s as big as your neighbour’s cat.

Only 2500 statues will be produced and made available, so act fast and pre-order now if you want to get your hands on this bad boy.

http://www.first4figures.com/newsarticles.asp?newsid=62
    Last edited by AeroStratos88; August 17, 2006 at 06:41am.

I want one because I love the Zelda series as much as MOTU--and because it looks really cool. But, $129 US is a lot of money for a statue...

I'd rather save my money and buy Wii.
    MattOnDemand.com
    Because even your web browser wants me.

Nobody puts Bautista in the corner.

I want one because I love the Zelda series as much as MOTU--and because it looks really cool. But, $129 US is a lot of money for a statue...

I'd rather save my money and buy Wii.
    That's the cost of a DSLite. You could probably buy the whole franchise on the Wii Virtual console for that much money.

http://www.playsyde.com/news_3319_en.html

Power Glove Take 2?

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?...ct%5Fid=802507

Changes to Zelda Wii And Game Cube Remakes for Wii

Shigeru Miyamoto disclosed to Japan's Nintendo Dream publication that instead of pushing the B button on the Wiimote for a sword swing in Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, the player will now control that movement with the motion of his or her arm. IGN says during E3 that Nintendo said players would get tired having to actually swing the controller, but now Miyamoto has changed his tune: "Upon actually playing it, it's more interesting this way."

There have also been changes to how the bow and arrow controls will work. At E3, you had to aim with the Wiimote and then shoot using the D pad. Now that the B button is freed, thanks to a sword overhaul, the B button will now release the arrow. Miyamoto said shooting with the D pad was too difficult. He also hinted that the Zelda at E3 was "just the tip of the nail."

According to IGN, Miyamoto also told Nintendo Dream that Nintendo may remake existing GameCube titles and add full Wiimote support. "The machine is based on GC," said Miyamoto. "We'll be upgrading the development tools, but GameCube code can be used for the most part as is. In that sense, I believe that it would be good to remake GameCube games for Wii, and that some titles would become better with the change to the Wii remote controller."

Miyamoto said these revamped GameCube titles would be sold at a lower price than normal Wii games.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/726/726748p1.html

So game fatigue is a real issue. I wouldnt' buy a gamecube game I already have on the wii even if they come in at a lower price you could still buy the GC one at a cheaper price. Unless they all come out at GH prices. 15-20 bucks.
    Last edited by AeroStratos88; August 21, 2006 at 11:30am.

It's about whats FAIR! King Hsss's Avatar

Which future game consule will you be using?

I've been reading alot lately about the soon to be released PS3 and find myself pondering if I will continue to support sony or take my gaming to another consule like X-Box 360 or the new Nintendo WII? A few gripes I have with the new PS3 is for starters the price is a little steep, no more shock controllers( replaced by a tilt control), no file transfer srom PS2 to PS3. So I was considering maybe jumping to X-Box. What the hell is the price of 360 these days? Oh well what to you think?
    In nomine Patris. Requiescat in Pace

Greater than Excalibur Sword of Omens's Avatar
    Think PS3 was gonna be around £400 (equivalent to $600! Not sure how much US will pay), which is way outta my price range.

Think I'll stick to Xbox 360, or maybe the Wii but not till I start earning.

PS: Death to Blu-Ray!
    Sic vis pacem para bellum. If you want peace, prepare for war

I perfer PC games myself.

If I go back to a console, however, it'll be Playstation all the way. Nintendo is too kids' oriented, and I've never tried an X-Box. Loved the Playstation when I used it, though.
    "I'm not just crying for Hordak. I'm crying for the saddest thing I know - a wasted life. To be given that most precious gift - the gift of living, to do with as we choose. I'm crying, because this man has chosen to throw it away, and when he goes, nobody will care..." - She-Ra ( "My Friend, My Enemy")

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Probably none of the above, unless I have a lot more time for playing video games in the future (not bloody likely).
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"

I chose the last option as well. I'm not into video games. If I do buy a system, I'll buy an old Megadrive or something and hunt down games for it. Fun!
    I'd rather play with my GI-Joes, much less linear.
    Always looking for new clients!

My eBay feedback

My Org Feedback

Wii is cheaper AND my GF will be getting the 360 AND I'll get MArio on Wii, so I'm going to get a Wii if I get anything.

As far as Wii being Kids Stuff, That's fine for me. IT's fun. Sony burned me SO hard in the past.... 3 PS2's breaking down in the span of 2 years... forget that. And way to expensive. I can't think of any games I'm interested in for PS3.

Both of the "Get every Time they come out" series that I used to love on PS2 (Smackdown games and GTA games) are being released on 360 too now, so I'll be able to get them when my GF and I move in and combine our 14 game consoles . Oh and Dead Rising. I want that.

So yeah, I'd want Wii or X-Box and since the X-box will be got by Chelsey, I'll go for the Wii.
    Last edited by sonofblaine; August 22, 2006 at 08:54am.
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    There is already a thread for this.

The Official Console Wars Thread

For the record, I will be playing the Wii.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Well, my only problem with this poll is that is does not have an option for people who have or plan to have multiple systems.

I have Xbox 360 now, and I plan to get a Wii when it comes out.

PS3 is iffy at this point. I definately won't be getting one at launch. Whether or not I get one eventually depends on if there is a price drop, if the system has no major functionality problems, and esspecially if any games that I really, really want to get come out exclusively for it.

Being that I am a gamer overall, odds are I will eventually get PS3, but given the price and all, it's definately not going to be a launch purchase. Plus, out of Gamecube, Xbox, and PS2, I find myself using the PS2 the least. Plus I had a PS2 start to malfunction (luckily my fiance also had one that still works and we moved in together around the time that I started having this problem, so I didn't have to buy a new one), so Sony isn't exactly #1 in my book.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Howdy

Nintendo all the way and so Wii. although I do plan on buying a 360 sometime next year

Chris M
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    I won't touch the 360 after playing on my sister's and being very disappointed by it.
    A PS3 is my likeliest option: With backwards compatability my collection of PS2 stuff won't be immediately defunct and even if the specs are identical to the 360, software support tends to be stronger for the Sony systems.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia
    I have Xbox 360 now, and I plan to get a Wii when it comes out.
    Ditto. And ditto on your PS3 comments as well. Just one big ditto all around.

Quote Originally Posted by King Hsss
    I've been reading alot lately about the soon to be released PS3 and find myself pondering if I will continue to support sony or take my gaming to another consule like X-Box 360 or the new Nintendo WII? A few gripes I have with the new PS3 is for starters the price is a little steep, no more shock controllers( replaced by a tilt control), no file transfer srom PS2 to PS3. So I was considering maybe jumping to X-Box. What the hell is the price of 360 these days? Oh well what to you think?
    Where did you get there was no file tranfer from ps2 to the ps3. I am assuming your talking about the save files your ps1 and 2 memory cards will work on the PS3 so you can transfer your saves to the hard drive. It isn't a 360 where you have to play all your games over again and none of the save files work.

It's about whats FAIR! King Hsss's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AeroStratos88
    Where did you get there was no file tranfer from ps2 to the ps3. I am assuming your talking about the save files your ps1 and 2 memory cards will work on the PS3 so you can transfer your saves to the hard drive. It isn't a 360 where you have to play all your games over again and none of the save files work.
    this months issue of PSM states just that.
    In nomine Patris. Requiescat in Pace

Quote Originally Posted by King Hsss
    this months issue of PSM states just that.
    Well they got it wrong they've already stated that it would and showed the adapter and details on how exactly it would work. Print is never faster than the internet and alot of magazines let things like this slip through.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/723/723569p1.html

WHAT A GUY
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/728/728041p1.html

'Gamers hoping for an online component, however, are in for bad news, because one isn't planned. Activision would not say why, but IGN has separately learned from multiple development sources that Nintendo will not release Wii Wi-Fi Connection libraries to third parties until early 2007, which means that no third party launch title will have an online mode. '

Well this news about online play has bitterly disapointed me, but 3rd party games released without online play will hopefully have it available later on.

why no multiplatform ownership on the poll?
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?