Page 54 of 351 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 8757

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

GR81 says:

Woohoooo GR81 got himself a wiii
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    This was posted as a rumor on GoNintendo:

Hot on the heels of their recent press release confirming that MK Armageddon has in fact shipped more than 1 Million copies worldwide since its release last october Midway has confirmed the European release date as Friday 15th March 2007.

Promising to use the intuitive contol system on Wii, MK Armageddon looks set to be a smash hit. It will be the first title to utilize Nintendos Online System and the first fully fledged fighter to be released on Wii in the Pal territory. A nice position for Midway to be in indeed.

Now I haven't played a Mortal Kombat game in a LONG time (I have Deadly Alliance for GC unopened), but I'd really be interested if this is true. If it is, that would definitely be a step forward for Nintendo.

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    Promising to use the intuitive contol system on Wii, MK Armageddon looks set to be a smash hit. It will be the first title to utilize Nintendos Online System and the first fully fledged fighter to be released on Wii in the Pal territory. A nice position for Midway to be in indeed.[/I]
    An online fighter thats NOT Smash Bros!!

I am not a fan of Midway Games (I feel they often dont work up to the level they could) but that would definitly show strong support for Nintendo to have a MK online in its first year
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I got A Wii this morning. It's the first system I have bought since Playstation 1. I got to Target about 5 minutes before it opened and they were still handing out tickets. I was number 32 and they still had a few more left when I was checking out. I got Zelda. I had my target 10% rewards card too, so I got some money off the game and system. Is there anything else I need right away besides what comes with the base unit?

Quote Originally Posted by N8 STORM View Post
    I got A Wii this morning. It's the first system I have bought since Playstation 1. I got to Target about 5 minutes before it opened and they were still handing out tickets. I was number 32 and they still had a few more left when I was checking out. I got Zelda. I had my target 10% rewards card too, so I got some money off the game and system. Is there anything else I need right away besides what comes with the base unit?
    So I guess the 1/21 re-stock was true, will be interesting to see how many units sit on the shelves if availability becomes normal.

If you are just playing by yourself you dont need anything else, the system has enough internal memory for game saves, downloads, and the sort.

If you want to play with someone else you will need at the least another wiimote and a nunchuck attachment.

If you want to play any Gamecube games you will need a gamecube controller and gamecube memory card (the Wii internal memory can only save Wii stuff), I highly recommend the Wavebird wireless controller

Much like the original NES the system comes with everything, a game, controller, and remember to set the sensitivity of the wiimote, otherwise you might not get as good a experience
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Wow, with the holiday rush over, I didn't think that they would still be doing the ticket system. That's pretty impressive.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Poopie Flingin' Monkey! Slothboy's Avatar
    Well, I just got back from target and what did I find. I found racks and racks of PS3 games, about 20 PS3 systems and one locked up PS3 demo system. I also found 1 perfectly working Wii demo system, ZERO wii's and racks containing only 2-3 of each wii game at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Slothboy View Post
    Well, I just got back from target and what did I find. I found racks and racks of PS3 games, about 20 PS3 systems and one locked up PS3 demo system. I also found 1 perfectly working Wii demo system, ZERO wii's and racks containing only 2-3 of each wii game at most.
    I have been reading some stores got 9 or less and some got 60

But apparently the ticket/lotto system was in play for most so it still looks like there is not enough Wii's to go around, at least not yet anyway

Yes, because it is bad now that there are PS3s available.

I just came back from Best Buy and purchased a Wii from my nephew. They had a ticket system going too. And lo and behold, they didnt have any PS3s in stock!

My uncle, who is 55 years old got a Wii for his birthday! He looked like a little kid opening his gift with a BIG smile on his face.

His daughter's boyfriend was lucky enough to find one a couple weeks ago...and they hid it from him for two weeks.

Nintendo has started something I didn't believe could happen...

Hi,

At last, I got a Wii, a month later, but I finally got one . I bought it in Best Buy, they receive IIRC about 41-45 units and they gave tickets, when I arrive(7:45 am) there was already a line there, 8-9 persons, and I was lucky, my mom went yesterday and asked if they had any wii, a lady told her that probably tomorrow(today) they will receive some, so she told me to go very early in the morning , when I arrive I didnīt see the line, but the other person that was with me told me -Well thereīs a line over there- then I realize that that they did receive the wiiīs.

So I got in line, and I got a good feeling that I was going to get one, after an hour after I arrive I guy from BB came out and told us that there were 41-45 wii available, so I was sure that I will get one, I started to talk with another person in line and a few minutes later a lady came out and told us that there will be no tickets so I started to worry, but then she said that we will enter to the store in groups of 5 people with order, so it wasnīt so bad, then a few minutes later she came out again, but this time with tickets ^^, she gave us one ticket per customer and she told us that we could leave, but that we must return at 10:00 am, and the ticket will only be valid for 30 minutes, so if you donīt claim your wii in those 30 minutes your lost yours, so I stayed there, and 15 minutes before 10 am the store was open and I finally got my Wii

Right now Iīm updating, I didnīt do it on purpose, I was on the internet setting, you know to configure the connection and the update ran by itself, right now Iīm in the second update, after I select the country another update start, and is kind slow :S, I donīt know if is my connection or if the update is "big", but anyway I donīt care, I got a lot of patience

Finally I will play Zelda ^^ I have the game since Dec. 19, I have the guide, the only thing that didnīt have was the Wii, but now thatīs not a problem ^^

Later...
    Have You Ever Felt the True Power of the Cosmo?

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanwalker View Post
    Yes, because it is bad now that there are PS3s available.

I just came back from Best Buy and purchased a Wii from my nephew. They had a ticket system going too. And lo and behold, they didnt have any PS3s in stock!
    Go and read any non-ps3 fanboy website and you'll see stores are starting to have tons of them. Not because sony is just producing so many it's because they aren't selling. The constant crashing and locking up is causing a lot of people to not buy the system. I've also read multiple articles about people who bought them to re-sell ending up returning them to the stores because they can't re-sell them for more than they paid.

Heroic Warrior Mystical Musician's Avatar
    I've also read multiple articles about people who bought them to re-sell ending up returning them to the stores because they can't re-sell them for more than they paid.
    I've been saying this a lot for awhile now. I knew this was going to happen, and I even told my friend who spent 1K on eBay for one when it first came out to just wait a bit. They really priced this system out of the range of most people which is unfortunate for them, and for fans of the PS3. I'm also glad that the people who purchased these machines for a profit, got stuck with them.

I went to BB today to pick up WW:SM, and happened to ask the security guy about this morning. He said that when the store opened, there was a line of 46 people. They had 47 systems. The last one went shortly after opening.

With each Sony video game display (PS3, PS2, and PSP), they had signs plastered all over touting the availability of PS3 systems in the store. Sad to see Sony struggling to sell that system, when Wii's can't be kept in stock. Actually, no, not sad. I'm happy to see Nintendo succeed again.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Blegh, the Nintendo fan-boys are really ruling this thread.

Look, the PS3 is available now. We all know this, I don't get why there's a new reply saying that someone saw a PS3 in the store. They've been out there in bulk since the New Year began.

And anyone who bought a PS3 to resell it for profit, well they deserve what they get.

Heroic Warrior Mystical Musician's Avatar
    And anyone who bought a PS3 to resell it for profit, well they deserve what they get.
    AGREED!

Go and read any non-ps3 fanboy website and you'll see stores are starting to have tons of them. Not because sony is just producing so many it's because they aren't selling. The constant crashing and locking up is causing a lot of people to not buy the system. I've also read multiple articles about people who bought them to re-sell ending up returning them to the stores because they can't re-sell them for more than they paid.
    MY PS3 hasn't crashed or locked up so...I think some of this is exaggerated.
    I mean even the PS2 and Xboxes (both versions) have had issues.

Seems like some of you guys are just looking to crap on Sony as much as you can.

I don't think it's fair to call ALL of us fanboys. Is it really that bad to want someone other than Sony to be getting all the attention? I mean, before the launch of the PS3 all we ever heard was how the PS3 can play Blue-Ray movies, how amazing the graphics are, or even all the great EXCLUSIVE games that are coming out for it.

Now that the Wii is getting so much attention, we are all fanboys? I guess it's a lose-lose situation when someone wants a non-PS system to be successful. There are people here who like the 360 like GeologyMule and people here who like the PS3 like Mystical Musician. I have every system to date with the exception of a PS3 (I want one, but am waiting a bit so I don't get a lemon launch system that was returned).

All we're saying is that the PS3 is not so hard to find while the Wii gets 30-40+ consoles in stores and they are gone within hours. To me, 30-40 units is a healthy supply and something that should last at least a week...but it isn't which is why we are comparing the supply of the PS3 to the Wii. Hell, people lining up for a system when it has been two months since the launch is amazing.

Aint that the truth, I had to get my PS2 repaired because the mem card slot stopped working and the laser is tempermental at best. And my Xbox is very picky about discs but luckily it did not break, my friend has went through 2 Xbox's though as he got a faulty launch one and then the replacement crapped out a year later.

Seems like some of you guys are just looking to crap on Sony as much as you can.
    I just view it as Nintendo fans being a bit too happy about the irony, after the Gamecube you would think Nintendo would never sell another system in the console wars again.

Even the most die hard Sony fanboy could not have seen the Wii having as successful of a launch as it did (especially given the titles which were just ok at best).

You are obviously a Sony fan which is fine, but you probably do not feel what Nintendo fans had to endure during the Gamecube years of "your system sucks", "your system is for kids", "its not a REAL game system" and have the developers almost follow suit.

For the Wii to at least have this window of success (who knows the dang thing could bomb by summer) its just a sweet irony to Nintendo fans who felt that Sony fans never even gave them a second thought and who themselves feel they need to defend the PS3.....which they never really had to do with the PS2 (given it put the Dreamcast out of business in a sense and dominated the Gamecube)

To call us all Nintendo Fanboys is rude, I own all the systems from the last 3 gens and the only reason I dont own a 360 or PS3 is due to price. But owning a Mac, PC, Xbox, PS2, PSX, N64, Gamecube, 2 Pokemon Edition GBA's, a DS, Dreamcast, Neo Geo, Saturn, Genesis, NES, SNES, among other failed consoles makes me think I like all games and systems if they are good to play.

Most other people in this thread are the same way I suspect

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Aint that the truth, I had to get my PS2 repaired because the mem card slot stopped working and the laser is tempermental at best. And my Xbox is very picky about discs but luckily it did not break, my friend has went through 2 Xbox's though as he got a faulty launch one and then the replacement crapped out a year later.

I just view it as Nintendo fans being a bit too happy about the irony, after the Gamecube you would think Nintendo would never sell another system in the console wars again.

Even the most die hard Sony fanboy could not have seen the Wii having as successful of a launch as it did (especially given the titles which were just ok at best).

You are obviously a Sony fan which is fine, but you probably do not feel what Nintendo fans had to endure during the Gamecube years of "your system sucks", "your system is for kids", "its not a REAL game system" and have the developers almost follow suit.

For the Wii to at least have this window of success (who knows the dang thing could bomb by summer) its just a sweet irony to Nintendo fans who felt that Sony fans never even gave them a second thought and who themselves feel they need to defend the PS3.....which they never really had to do with the PS2 (given it put the Dreamcast out of business in a sense and dominated the Gamecube)
    Well, I had a NES, a SNES, a N64, a PS1, a PS2, a Dreamcast (I got suckered on that one), and now a PS3. I bought a Wii today for my nephew and he's like bored with it (but he's 7 and gets bored easily). I think he just needs someone else to play it with him and he'd have more fun.

But check it, I am not a Sony fanboy but it's like watching a basketball game and a team is up by 15 points at the end of the 1st quarter and all you hear or read on the boards are fans of the winning team saying "yeah you suxx" and the like. I just expect different from the .org members. Let history play itself out some.

And Mark, I am not calling you a fanboy, the ones who are enjoying themselves a bit too much are quite evident. I will say the Gamecube was touted or seemed as if it was a system for kids, the Xbox and PS developers made more adult games while Nintendo kept suit with the 7 to 11 age bracket.

I used to review video games for a few major (national) publications during the video game boom of the 90s, when Sony debuted and Nintendo was going to head to head with them and Sega so I understand Nintendo's marketing strategy of making games for families (see the SNES release of MK with no blood).
    Last edited by Oceanwalker; January 21, 2007 at 08:57pm.

But check it, I am not a Sony fanboy but it's like watching a basketball game and a team is up by 15 points at the end of the 1st quarter and all you hear or read on the boards are fans of the winning team saying "yeah you suxx" and the like. I just expect different from the .org members. Let history play itself out some.
    I agree, I mean sooner or later the Wii will stay in stock just as the 360 and PS3 are now. It will come down to the games.

But like I said some people I think are just too enthusiastic after having to read the hype leading up to the PS3 launch.

For me I am enjoying Sony getting its butt handed to it if ever so slightly because when you are on top it makes you reluctant to change, the fact that the Wii is even competing in sales with the PS3 (even if briefly) should make Sony refocus and release higher quality games.

Same thing happened with Nintendo when they did not want to change when the PSX came out, without the revolution that was the Playstation we would not have the 360 or the Wii I think.

I have read other boards and the fighting is insane, just like politics the people who are too evangelical about the systems usually ruin the debate I think.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I agree, I mean sooner or later the Wii will stay in stock just as the 360 and PS3 are now. It will come down to the games.

But like I said some people I think are just too enthusiastic after having to read the hype leading up to the PS3 launch.

For me I am enjoying Sony getting its butt handed to it if ever so slightly because when you are on top it makes you reluctant to change, the fact that the Wii is even competing in sales with the PS3 (even if briefly) should make Sony refocus and release higher quality games.

Same thing happened with Nintendo when they did not want to change when the PSX came out, without the revolution that was the Playstation we would not have the 360 or the Wii I think.

I have read other boards and the fighting is insane, just like politics the people who are too evangelical about the systems usually ruin the debate I think.

True and Sony definitely needs to get on the ball with the Playstation online network (making it more interactive) and a better game library. One thing I've learned about Sony though is that they hate to lose or even being seen to lose and will respond in kind (which is a good thing).

Is it exaggerated? Maybe. However here is what I've seen just in the Fort Worth Texas area.

Target - PS3 has been locked up on numerous occasions.
    Wal-Mart - PS3 has been locked up on numerous occassions
    Game Stop - PS3 has been locked up on numerous occassions
    Game Stop by my work - I've never seen the PS2 not locked up. They told me they got sick of resetting it so they just leave it turned off now.

Is it exaggerated? Maybe. However here is what I've seen just in the Fort Worth Texas area.

Game Stop by my work - I've never seen the PS2 not locked up. They told me they got sick of resetting it so they just leave it turned off now.
    I've never had a PS2 lock up on me either. But if I kept a system on for God knows how many hours straight each day without giving it a rest I wouldnt expect it to perform perfectly either.

I have seen the PS3 locked up at 2 Walmart stores, it must have to do with their being open 24/7. It was locked up at the same screen (I think its the bike game/demo)

The Xbox was always dead or could not read discs at Gamestops in Iowa, the manager at our local mall turned the demo unit of Xbox off because it was not reading the demo discs Microsoft provided lol