Page 56 of 351 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 8768

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    You want it to be less lopsided? Find more people who are willing to fight for the PS3 over the Wii. I think you'd be hard pressed to do so. Sony fans certainly aren't afraid to voice their opinion as proven by the past several years of Cube bashing. It's not like anybody is blocking PS3 backers, there just aren't many here, and judging by the sales numbers, etc., there aren't many period compared to the Wii fans.
    He-man.org is a small microcosm anyway so trying to find a bunch of PS3 users in an already small community well...it's hard enough.

I think PS3 numbers for November and December are solid considering the units that were available. I am anticipating January's numbers so we can see what's really going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanwalker View Post
    He-man.org is a small microcosm anyway so trying to find a bunch of PS3 users in an already small community well...it's hard enough.
    Wow that seems like one heck of a backhanded comment

I dont believe any sales numbers because Walmart is notoriously absent

Plus Nintendo, Sony, and MS will spin numbers regardless. Sony has always liked to claim (this goes back years to the original Playstation) that what it shipped is the number it sold and you and I both know that is not a true representation by the units we all see on the shelf.

Until there is a unified sales monitoring system then sales # are just as good as politicians promises.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceanwalker View Post

but the thing is is that he-man.org is a collection of people with differing video game tastes, that is what makes it NOT lopsided this isn't a nintendo sony or microsoft forum. that being said the results weren't predictable from the start. sure the actual sales (incl returns) numbers will be the best way to gauge success but to dismiss this thread because it has been pretty pro nintendo isn't air, i've only recently gotten back into being a nintendo fan because for me they are trying to bring back the fun.

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Wow that seems like one heck of a backhanded comment
    Well, what do you expect, we're all nintendolics...LOL.

i guess i should repeat myself.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past was released to the Virtual Console.
    MattOnDemand.com
    Because even your web browser wants me.

Nobody puts Bautista in the corner.

GR81 says:

Quote Originally Posted by He-Matt View Post
    i guess i should repeat myself.
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past was released to the Virtual Console.
    COOL!!!! But since i played it and finished it in the past, i am more waiting for titles like majoras mask and ocarina of time
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GR81 View Post
    GR81 says:
    COOL!!!! But since i played it and finished it in the past, i am more waiting for titles like majoras mask and ocarina of time
    See, I don't think there's a point for me spending WiiPoints on LoZ 1 (NES), AoL (NES) and the two N64 games because I have the LoZ Collector's Disc for GameCube....so I can already play those 4 games on my Wii. Add in, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and now Link to the Past, I can play all console Zelda games on my Wii.
    MattOnDemand.com

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by GR81 View Post
    GR81 says:

you know there was a bonus disc that was released with the windwaker. It included Zelda I, Zelda II, Majoras Mask, Ocarina of Time, and Ocarina of Time:Master quest (changed the dungeons up a bit and made it harder). You can probably pick that gamecube game up cheaper than buying it all on the VC.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    you know there was a bonus disc that was released with the windwaker. It included Zelda I, Zelda II, Majoras Mask, Ocarina of Time, and Ocarina of Time:Master quest (changed the dungeons up a bit and made it harder). You can probably pick that gamecube game up cheaper than buying it all on the VC.
    http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=916082
    Not really
    N64 games are mostly $10 on VC so that's $20 plus the first LOZ is $5
    LOZIII LTTP would be about $6 so that would take it to $31.

Plus you'd have to get LOZ II TAOL on VC anyway.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    Not really

AUGH TOO MANY ACRONYMS!!!
    can i admit i've NEVER played a zelda game prior to or after wind waker.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    Actually, there were 2 different bonus discs, and all of the things that you listed are not on one disc together. I have both of these discs.

There initially was a bonus disc that just had the original verion of Ocarina of Time and the Master Quest version of the same game.

Then, there was another bonus disc later With Zelda 1, Zelda 2, Ocarina of Time (original version), and Majora's Mask. This disc did Not include the Master Quest version of Ocarina.

Having said all of that... I have yet to download any VC games, however I will be interested in getting Link to the Past since that wasn't on the disc (presumably because it had come out on GBA right around the time that second disc with the 4 games was released).

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    Not really

Actually, the link that you provided here (in the above quote) is to the collector's disc that had the 2 versions of Ocarina on it only.

However....

http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gam...9-e3da5d74c125

This link is to more info about the other disc, with 4 games on it. Which, by the way, includes Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, so I don't know why you are saying people will still need to download it from the VC if they already have this disc.

Here is a complete list of what is including on this collector's disc (which I got from that above link):

-The Legend of Zelda
    -Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
    -The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    -The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
    -The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker Demo
    -Special The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker: The Movie Experience
    -Exclusive The Legend of Zelda: Retrospective Movie Experience

None the less, from what I've seen this disc used (it can no longer be obtained new as far as I know) tends to go on average from about $45 to $55, so the VC would probably be a better route to go for anyone who doesn't have the disc, unless you really want the extras that come with it. I personally prefer the disc, just because I'm not too big on the concept of Xbox Live Arcade and Virtual Console games just being data on my hard drive/memory. I prefer having an actual, physical disc (plus, I got mine back when they offered it as a free-bee with a $20 subscription to Nintendo Power... while I didn't really want the magazine, I couldn't pass up the disc at that price).

That doesn't mean that I won't ever download any VC games (I would eventually like to download Link to the Past), but I will likely only do so sparingly.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; January 23, 2007 at 09:19am.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I did it, much like Dynamo I got a 32" HDTV! The box was damaged and so I got the TV (Olevia) and a 2 year full service warranty for $583. Its a HUGE upgrade from a 200ish 26" regular tv lol

The Wii looks amazing compared to what it did via regular composite cables (the colors are much brighter and the image just seems clearer), but I am more excited about how the Gamecube games look in progressive scan.

But I can say to me at least the component connection makes the Wii look somewhat next-gen, at least more so then the regular connection that comes out of the box.

Its really subtle changes you start to notice, like when playing Marvel UA I could actually see details on Human Torch I could not previously.

I did notice the "jaggie" issue in some places on Zelda so we will have to see if developers like Nintendo can avoid that when developing a Wii game from the ground up.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I edited my post. I can't remember which disc I have. I know I have them all, but I think Dynamo is right, they are on separate disc. I'll have to check when I get home. For some reason I was thinking they were on two disc, but in the same box.
    Last edited by GeologyMule; January 23, 2007 at 02:18pm.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

To clear it up:

The Ocarina of Time/Master Quest disc was a pre-order bonus with The Wind Waker.

The Collector's Edition disc was obtained one of the following ways:

1. Buy a brand new GameCube with the disc bundled with it.
    or
    2. Register with MyNintendo --> Register your gamecube, and two new* games and they sent you the Zelda disc for free.

*New games at that time--I registered Mario Party 5 & Mario Kart: Double Dash.
    MattOnDemand.com

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Matt View Post
    To clear it up:

The Ocarina of Time/Master Quest disc was a pre-order bonus with The Wind Waker.
    Yup, that's how I got mine. This was the main way to get this disc.

However, I also recall at one point seeing it come with a Gamecube at one point. I think it might have been exclusive to Wal-Mart or something. I recall the system coming with the Gameboy Player adapter, this Zelda disc, and possibly a second controller (I'm not 100% positive on the controller) all packed into one box. It was this weird bundle (and it was bundled together in official packaging... it wasn't something the store put together on it's own) that I only saw that one time.

The Collector's Edition disc was obtained one of the following ways:

1. Buy a brand new GameCube with the disc bundled with it.
    or
    2. Register with MyNintendo --> Register your gamecube, and two new* games and they sent you the Zelda disc for free.

*New games at that time--I registered Mario Party 5 & Mario Kart: Double Dash.
    Also, you could subscribe to Nintendo Power and have the disc be your "free-bee" that they send you. That's what I did (I subscribed online).

I already had a Gamecube when the promotion started, and I really didn't want any of the games that you had to buy to get the deal (at least not at the price they were going for at the time... you basically had to buy like $100 worth of games to get it).

And with the Magazine subscription only being $20, that was the best route for me. It took forever to get the disc in the mail (they sent it in the slowest possible way.... I think they actually must have worked with the post office to create a new mail option that was slower than any other that already existed), but I still got it and it didn't require me to spends tons of money that I didn't want to spend.

The other deals were great if you didn't already have a Gamecube or if you really wanted any of the games that went along with the offer. But if not, then they were just pricey, IMO.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Ready for this?

Next Monday............January 29th..........

MARIO KART 64 will be added to the Virtual Console!

Finally, the greatest Mario Kart game is playable with the GameCube controller (64 was WAY better than Double Dash).

Source:
    http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=11109
    MattOnDemand.com

Hi,

Do you know if there are any good possibilities to see Goldeneye in the VC, I Love that game, but I read in an article a few months ago, that with that game it will not be easy to put it for download like the others, I donīt remember if it is because now Rare is making games for Microsoft, it was something about rights. I hope to see this game to download in the near future, Iīll buy it without hesitate.

I also want to play Majoras Mask once again, I have the bonus disc with OoT and MQ, but I donīt have the other bonus disc where Majoras Mask was included, I hope Nintendo puts this game in the VC soon.

BTW do you recommend that wireless cotroller of the GC... Wavebird I think is its name, since I donīt have my gamecube anymore, I donīt have a GC controller, and I was thinking in buying one, I was going for the traditional, but I thought in buying the wireless, so I donīt have to deal with cables anymore.

Later...
    Have You Ever Felt the True Power of the Cosmo?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    Hi,

Do you know if there are any good possibilities to see Goldeneye in the VC, I Love that game, but I read in an article a few months ago, that with that game it will not be easy to put it for download like the others, I donīt remember if it is because now Rare is making games for Microsoft, it was something about rights. I hope to see this game to download in the near future, Iīll buy it without hesitate.
    Reggie has said that they are trying to work all that out. Nintendo knows that the addition of Goldeneye to the VC will probably crash their servers with how many people will download it, so they are looking into paying off all the right peoeple.

I also want to play Majoras Mask once again, I have the bonus disc with OoT and MQ, but I donīt have the other bonus disc where Majoras Mask was included, I hope Nintendo puts this game in the VC soon.
    Yeah, despite it having no real ties to the story of Zelda, Majora's Mask was an awesome game.

BTW do you recommend that wireless cotroller of the GC... Wavebird I think is its name, since I donīt have my gamecube anymore, I donīt have a GC controller, and I was thinking in buying one, I was going for the traditional, but I thought in buying the wireless, so I donīt have to deal with cables anymore.
    I HIGHLY recommend the Wavebird controller. It IS a shame you lose force feedback, but since games like Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64 never used rumble, you're not missing a lot. Definitely pick up the Wavebird.
    MattOnDemand.com

Hi,

Thanks for your answer He-Matt, Iīll definitely going to pick up the wavebird controller

And I hope Nintendo can arrange everything with the rights of Goldeneye so it can be available in the VC

Later...
    Have You Ever Felt the True Power of the Cosmo?

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Actually, there were 2 different bonus discs, and all of the things that you listed are not on one disc together. I have both of these discs.

There initially was a bonus disc that just had the original verion of Ocarina of Time and the Master Quest version of the same game.

Then, there was another bonus disc later With Zelda 1, Zelda 2, Ocarina of Time (original version), and Majora's Mask. This disc did Not include the Master Quest version of Ocarina.

Having said all of that... I have yet to download any VC games, however I will be interested in getting Link to the Past since that wasn't on the disc (presumably because it had come out on GBA right around the time that second disc with the 4 games was released).

Actually, the link that you provided here (in the above quote) is to the collector's disc that had the 2 versions of Ocarina on it only.

However....

http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gam...9-e3da5d74c125

This link is to more info about the other disc, with 4 games on it. Which, by the way, includes Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, so I don't know why you are saying people will still need to download it from the VC if they already have this disc.

Here is a complete list of what is including on this collector's disc (which I got from that above link):

-The Legend of Zelda
    -Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
    -The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    -The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
    -The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker Demo
    -Special The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker: The Movie Experience
    -Exclusive The Legend of Zelda: Retrospective Movie Experience

None the less, from what I've seen this disc used (it can no longer be obtained new as far as I know) tends to go on average from about $45 to $55, so the VC would probably be a better route to go for anyone who doesn't have the disc, unless you really want the extras that come with it. I personally prefer the disc, just because I'm not too big on the concept of Xbox Live Arcade and Virtual Console games just being data on my hard drive/memory. I prefer having an actual, physical disc (plus, I got mine back when they offered it as a free-bee with a $20 subscription to Nintendo Power... while I didn't really want the magazine, I couldn't pass up the disc at that price).

That doesn't mean that I won't ever download any VC games (I would eventually like to download Link to the Past), but I will likely only do so sparingly.
    whoops! An oversight on my part, but locally the collectors edition is the same price as the two pack. Thanks for the correction though.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Well I am not getting A Link To The Past until I finish the NES version that is out right now. I am about half way done that, but haven't played it for a while now (a week or two). I finally caught up to where I was in Twilight Princess before I sent my replacement system back. It took me 20 hours to get to the Sky Temple again, where the first time it took me about 55 hours. Granted I did a sort of speed run and what not this time, plus I knew pretty much what to do in the dungeons and such. Now I will just sit back for a bit and collect some of the stuff I was neglecting and finish other minor tasks.

I found that I had little patience to do that while I was trying to catch up again. I prefer to take my time the first time through rather than take a speed run through the game and then collect everything the second time through.

And does this OOT disc come with every version of Wind Waker, or was it a special release after a while? I ask this because I got a copy of WW from Zellers during their boxing day sale and I never put it in the Wii yet since I refuse to play it until I finish some of the other Zelda games I have started right now. Is it a separate disc, or is it on the same disc as WW is on? Maybe I'll check tomorrow.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    And does this OOT disc come with every version of Wind Waker, or was it a special release after a while? I ask this because I got a copy of WW from Zellers during their boxing day sale and I never put it in the Wii yet since I refuse to play it until I finish some of the other Zelda games I have started right now. Is it a separate disc, or is it on the same disc as WW is on? Maybe I'll check tomorrow.
    Hey Pan. The Ocarina of Time disc that you are referring to was a pre-order deal back in March of 2003 when Wind Waker was released. If you pre-ordered Wind Waker you were given a separate disc that had a hi-res version of Ocarina of time AND it's 64DD Add-on Master Quest (the story was the same, the dungeons were re-arranged).

So, no, the one you bought at Zellers will not have it.

Last edited by MattOnDemand; January 24, 2007 at 12:20am.
    MattOnDemand.com

Oh well, I'll just get it on the VC when it is released.

I wonder if they will release the Master Quest on the VC as well. I hope that if they do, it is either at the same time, or they give you a deal on the Master Quest if you already bought the regular version on the VC. Maybe something like, if you buy OOT, then you can get Master Quest for only 500 points. I'd hate to have to pay full price for both.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Also, you could subscribe to Nintendo Power and have the disc be your "free-bee" that they send you. That's what I did (I subscribed online).
    Ahhhh, that's right. It's coming back to me now. Man it's been a long time. Your right. I got the ocarina of time/master quest from preording windwaker, and got the rest of the zelda games from the Nintendo power offer. Thanks for clearing all that up.

PS3 owners let us know if this helps any, we knew Sony just needed to fix some things

http://kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/latest-...ues-231003.php

"but the most noticeable change comes in the form of fixed display of PSone and PS2 games not running in progressive scan mode. That's right. Former eye-poisoning backward compatable games are now fixed. "