Page 61 of 351 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 8774

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    Now I just have one question about after you finish the game. When I went back into the save file, it was as if I had gotten to the final boss, saved, and quit. Everything seems to be the same as if it was still before the boss battle. Now, I haven't actually went in the dungeon and tried to fight him again, so I don't know if you can, but is this normal? I guess this way it allows you to continue the game and collect the remaining stuff, but I was hoping to get some reaction from the characters after I freed the Kingdom (aside from the end cinematics with the credits).
    All the Zelda games are like that. OoT is like that. My recommendation is to save the game immediately BEFORE the final boss fight, that way you don't have to do the dungeon all over again.
    MattOnDemand.com
    Because even your web browser wants me.

Nobody puts Bautista in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Matt View Post
    All the Zelda games are like that. OoT is like that. My recommendation is to save the game immediately BEFORE the final boss fight, that way you don't have to do the dungeon all over again.
    Howdy

I concur, guessing that the usual Zelda trait of 'forgetting' you have completed the game, I saved just before the final fight.

Chris M
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

What luck! I actually did save somewhat before the boss. I can't remember if it was just before, but it was close.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Quote Originally Posted by asharachal View Post
    do you think the bd-rom drive can handle being used as a movie player as much as they tout it to?
    I can't say for sure....you have to remember that ANY optical drive is only meant to last for something like 20,000 hours of use. I think the BR drive will last that long, if the PS3 is kept in a well ventilated area.
    Yesterday returneth not. Tomorrow perhaps cometh not. Today is thine. Misuse it not.

Howdy

wow just found major info (for me anyway on Resident evil's game for the wii) the vids with clips of it in. the one on this link is near the end after the hammer game.
    article link http://www.videogamesblogger.com/200...om-for-wii.htm
    video link http://www.videogamesblogger.com/200...neup-video.htm

other vids
    http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/7281
    has lots of obvious clips in one of leon crouching behind a car shooting somesort of pistol and of wesker's face. oooh

so basically
    "The game consists of 4 “chapters”, RE1’s mansion, RE2’s RPD, RE3’s city areas and RE4’s village (plus surrounding areas).
    * Each chapter has 2 characters to choose from. RE1 has Jill and Chris, RE2 has Leon and Claire, RE3 has Jill and Carlos and RE4 has Leon and Ada.
    * New content not in the games that the chapters were based on will be added. The primary goal of this will be to link RE4 and Umbrella’s status in it more closely with the rest of the series.
    * There are several characters that can be unlocked by playing through the game: Rebecca Chambers, Hunk and Albert Wesker.
    * The gameplay of all chapters is designed around RE4’s. Press the B trigger on the Wii remote to go into over-the-shoulder view, aim with the pointer and press A to fire.
    * The game will have QTEs, but rather than push buttons you have to make motions with the Wii remote in order to get through them.
    * All characters will have melee attacks, just like RE4.
    * To encourage replayablility, each character has strengths and weaknesses, similar to how in RE4:Mercenaries Ada had the least health, Krauser was the slowest, etc.
    * Just like in RE4:Mercenaries each character has a unique set of weapons. What’s more players can only carry 2 weapons at any one time. Chris gets a pistol and shotgun whilst Jill gets a pistol and grenade launcher.
    * You will be able to find several new weapons during each stage. For example, RE1 will have Richard’s shotgun, RE2 will have the Desert Eagle, RE4 will have the Chicago Typewriter. There will also be new weapons like Krauser’s anti-personnel robots.
    * Similar to Devil May Cry 3, after each chapter you can save your data and any new weapons picked up will be available for use in Arcade Mode.
    * Arcade Mode is like a giant Mercenaries minigame, where you pick a character and stage and blast through it. Building on the resounding success of Mercenaries seen when RE4 was released.
    * Scenario mode will feature a large number of in-game cutscenes.
    * Ammo conservation will play a part in the gameplay, so it’s not just constant action like RE4.
    * The picture at the start (above) shows the player is able to destroy certain doors by blowing them up."

Found this on the Gameplay website.

Pretty cool methinks.

Chris M
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

Quote Originally Posted by shigsy2003 View Post
    Howdy

wow just found major info (for me anyway on Resident evil's game for the wii) the vids with clips of it in. the one on this link is near the end after the hammer game.
    article link http://www.videogamesblogger.com/200...om-for-wii.htm
    video link http://www.videogamesblogger.com/200...neup-video.htm

other vids
    http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/7281
    has lots of obvious clips in one of leon crouching behind a car shooting somesort of pistol and of wesker's face. oooh

so basically
    "The game consists of 4 “chapters”, RE1’s mansion, RE2’s RPD, RE3’s city areas and RE4’s village (plus surrounding areas).
    * Each chapter has 2 characters to choose from. RE1 has Jill and Chris, RE2 has Leon and Claire, RE3 has Jill and Carlos and RE4 has Leon and Ada.
    * New content not in the games that the chapters were based on will be added. The primary goal of this will be to link RE4 and Umbrella’s status in it more closely with the rest of the series.
    * There are several characters that can be unlocked by playing through the game: Rebecca Chambers, Hunk and Albert Wesker.
    * The gameplay of all chapters is designed around RE4’s. Press the B trigger on the Wii remote to go into over-the-shoulder view, aim with the pointer and press A to fire.
    * The game will have QTEs, but rather than push buttons you have to make motions with the Wii remote in order to get through them.
    * All characters will have melee attacks, just like RE4.
    * To encourage replayablility, each character has strengths and weaknesses, similar to how in RE4:Mercenaries Ada had the least health, Krauser was the slowest, etc.
    * Just like in RE4:Mercenaries each character has a unique set of weapons. What’s more players can only carry 2 weapons at any one time. Chris gets a pistol and shotgun whilst Jill gets a pistol and grenade launcher.
    * You will be able to find several new weapons during each stage. For example, RE1 will have Richard’s shotgun, RE2 will have the Desert Eagle, RE4 will have the Chicago Typewriter. There will also be new weapons like Krauser’s anti-personnel robots.
    * Similar to Devil May Cry 3, after each chapter you can save your data and any new weapons picked up will be available for use in Arcade Mode.
    * Arcade Mode is like a giant Mercenaries minigame, where you pick a character and stage and blast through it. Building on the resounding success of Mercenaries seen when RE4 was released.
    * Scenario mode will feature a large number of in-game cutscenes.
    * Ammo conservation will play a part in the gameplay, so it’s not just constant action like RE4.
    * The picture at the start (above) shows the player is able to destroy certain doors by blowing them up."

Found this on the Gameplay website.

Pretty cool methinks.

Chris M
    Ehh I was hoping it would be an actual RE game rather than just another Outbreak type of thing so that I'd have more of a reason to get a Wii.
    "After 10,000 years I'm free! It's time to conquer Earth!"

Quote Originally Posted by PJMania View Post
    Ehh I was hoping it would be an actual RE game rather than just another Outbreak type of thing so that I'd have more of a reason to get a Wii.
    That is all old info so I am waiting for more in depth news from Capcom.

I was always under the impression that this would be a normal RE game (Like 0,1,2,3,4,CV) and just connect the events from CV to 4 (similar to how RE0 connected itself to RE1) while RE5 on the PS3 takes place after RE4.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post

I was always under the impression that this would be a normal RE game (Like 0,1,2,3,4,CV) and just connect the events from CV to 4 (similar to how RE0 connected itself to RE1) while RE5 on the PS3 takes place after RE4.
    That's the information I got as well. That's a real RE title to me.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post

Well either way I plan on getting both a PS3 and a Wii, so I'll eventually have that game, along with RE5. If it does indeed end up being an Outbreak style game however, I will be less inclined to get in on launch day, while RE5 will most definitely be pre-ordered as soon as they allow for that.
    "After 10,000 years I'm free! It's time to conquer Earth!"

Well I'm ****ed!

I just dished out some money for Super Mario World on the virtual console, and was expecting to have loads of fun. It is compatible with the Classic controller and the Gamecube controller, right? That's what I thought . . . I have two GC controllers so I thought I was all set. So I started playing it and lo and behold, the button layout on the GC controller is so messed up! It renders the game unplayable, and I'm not kidding.

Here's how it's laid out:

GC:
    B is regular jump
    A is spin jump
    Y is run/grab
    X is run/grab

Now you tell me how you can run and do a regular jump! It's impossible to do the most fundamental combo in a Mario game. There is no way you can hold the Y button (let alone the X button) on the GC and then hit the little red B button way off to the left! What the hell were they thinking? This made me so mad since it is a no brainer to put the regular jump as the big green A button, and the red B button as run/grab. Then you have Y as spin jump and everything is fine. Why did they make such a senseless button map? Better yet, why can't I customize it?

I guess bottom line is they want to force me to buy a Classic Controller, which I will have to do if I want to enjoy this game. It's pretty sad really. My biggest complaint going into purchasing this game was if it would be easy to hold the red B button and then hit A at the same time, but this is something else!

EDIT - Well after further investigation, all they did was transfer the letters from the SNES to the same letter buttons on the GC. Unfortunately they didn't actually try to play the game with that configuration. I hope they make some sort of update and fix this. Otherwise I'm out $40 CDN for an SNES game (factoring in the classic controller).

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    Here's how it's laid out:

GC:
    B is regular jump
    A is spin jump
    Y is run/grab
    X is run/grab
    That blows, I just tried that configuration on my Wavebird and while doable I think it would cramp my index finger.

I like your button layout much better, that way feels natural.

I wonder if you called Nintendo and complained if you could at least get credit on the VC Account.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

the Classic Controller is your new best friend.
    MattOnDemand.com

First details on robot film tie-in

Howdy

We were supposed to be bringing you a first look at Transformers: The Game screenshots today, but in the words of the public relations guy - "all screens are sat on film director Michael Bay's desk awaiting approval". That means we'll have to wait a bit longer before we can get a glimpse at the way the game of the potential summer blockbuster is looking.

However, we have scored some exclusive details to keep you busy in the meantime:

• Transformer's: The Game is being developed by Traveller's Tales - the team behind Lego Star Wars. Having proved themselves entirely capable with miniaturising the world's best loved film series, we're glad they're on board.

• You can play as either an Autobot or a Decepticon. Depending on your choice of faction you'll use the power and scale of the retro robotoys to protect or destroy Earth. The geek in us is desperately wrestling with which of the Transformers we'd most like to be. Is it the most famous, Optimus Prime who turns into a big rig truck? Or Frenzy, the Decepticon who turns into a stereo and shoots CDs from his chest? Or maybe Megatron who morphs into a large handheld gun? Great as a toy, but a bit immobile in a battle. One thing's certain - it won't be that stupid Bumblebee one. He was rubbish.

• Fairly predictably, the game will require players to fight the opposing team, using their unique weapons, transforming abilities and objects they encounter in the world. Additionally, as is the standard for next-gen titles, full destructibility of environments is being promised. But probably not on PS2.

• It's out in the summer.

Awesome, can't wait to get this game.

http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/pc/game...20914434140087

Chris M

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    That Mario World/Gamecube controller issue does sound annoying.

However, if I were you, I'd just shell out the $20 for a classic controller.

While I like the Gamecube controller in many ways, for a lot of games, it is just not ideally layed out.

Plus, the Gamecube controller was never truely meant to be the primary way to play VC games. While Nintendo tried to give people as many options as possible with using the Wii-mote that comes with the system and the Gamecube controller for anyone who already had one, it was stated early on that not all games would be compatible with those. And, the Classic Controller is technically what most of these games are being designed around, and it meant to be the primary way to play them.

I don't blame you for being frustrated, but you may as well just get the classic controller and be done with it. That way, if this issue happens again with future games, you'll already have the right kind of controller to play the games with anyway.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Media Create Numbers for January 29 - February 4 (Japan):

DSL 146,073
    Wii 65,740
    PSP 31,216
    PS3 18,727
    PS2 17,540
    Xbox360 6,130
    GBM 1,050
    GBASP 724
    GC 306
    DS 119
    GBA 28

Also, analysts are predicting that sales in NA for January will be as follows: 500,000 for Wii's and 300,000 for PS3 (no word on 360). Just predictions for now though.

I was probably going to end up buying a classic controller eventually, and now I guess I'll have to buy it a lot sooner than expected. I agree that it would be ideal to play it on the classic controller, but with a little effort, they could have made it playable on the Gamecube controller. The way it is right now, you have to use your first two fingers as opposed to your thumb to hit the buttons right.

I sent them an email using a form on their website. I spent some time with it to make it sound good and professional, but I doubt it will do anything. I hope I get a response though, even if it is a message telling me to suck it up and get the classic controller. Here's what I wrote:

To whom it may concern,

I have purchased a Wii and am in general very happy with that purchase. However, I just recently purchased Super Mario World for the SNES from the Virtual Console service, and have a major issue with the button layout using the GameCube controller. It is for all intents and purposes useless in playing this game. The most basic combo of a "run-and-jump" is impossible to perform since there is no way to hold the Y-button (let alone the X-button) and then hit the B button on the GameCube controller. I was immediately disapointed to learn of this issue once I began playing, since I only have a GameCube controller and no Classic Controllers. I understand that the buttons were just matched up by letter from the SNES to the GC, but there was no consideration for how you hold the controller and reach for the buttons.

My suggested layout for the buttons on the Gamecube controller is as follows:
    Switch B (regular jump) to A
    Switch A (spin jump) to Y or X
    Switch X or Y (run/grab) to B

This way you can run-and-jump by holding B and then pressing A, which is much easier to do rather than hold Y and then hit B on the Gamecube controller. I sincerely hope that this is considered, and hopefully somebody at Nintendo will actually play the game using the Gamecube controller and realize how terrible and frustrating it is. My hope is that there will be an update that will allow this change. Otherwise, I cannot imagine purchasing other SNES games knowing that the button layout for the Gamecube controller will be similarly lackluster and embarrassing.

I hope to hear back from you on this issue, and I would like to be updated on any future developments in trying to fix this problem. I was one of those that purchased a defective Wii (5690 9644 2215 9044) with regards to online support, and it was taken care of very pleasantly. I am grateful for that and I hope this issue can be addressed in a similar fashion.

Thank you

I got the recent EGM issue with the Jack Tretton interview. By the way, if EGM is making PS3's problems a cover feature, does that mean it's a big deal?

Anyhow, I came across this comic on Penny Arcade...it's funny!

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic

Just to avoid a double post, I used my Best Buy warranty and will be getting a gift card in return. I'm going to get another 360, but not any time soon. With rumors of a black 360 version that includes HDMI and a 120 HD coming out in the near future, I'm going to hold out for a little bit. It's not like I played my 360 religiously anyways (only 2 games for it). I'm probably going to get a PS3 or a new camera and just pay the difference.
    Last edited by hemanrep; February 11, 2007 at 10:16pm.

1st God of War 2 review by IGN - 9.7/10

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/763/763624p1.html

While I hardly agree with critics, this definitely makes me more hyped for the game than I already was!

And today's Virtual Console releases are:

Ice Climber (NES - 500 points)
    Kirby's Adventure (NES - 500 points)
    Kid Icarus (NES - 500 points)
    Last edited by Skullface; February 12, 2007 at 10:01am.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    I got the recent EGM issue with the Jack Tretton interview. By the way, if EGM is making PS3's problems a cover feature, does that mean it's a big deal?
    I wonder what exactly the mean by 'problems'?

Are they refering to some kind of issue with the systems malfunctioning, or is it maybe just a story about how the sales of PS3 haven't quite met up with expectations?

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Warrior Mystical Musician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    And today's Virtual Console releases are:
    Kid Icarus (NES - 500 points)
    OH YES!!!

damn! No Donkey Kong Country???

Isn't Kid Icarus the game Shadow was waiting for?
    MattOnDemand.com

Spider-Man 3 Wii Includes Two Bonus Villians

Howdy

Check this news out:

Have you gotten your hands on the new Wii? Then you're in luck. According to the EB Games website, the Wii version of the Spider-Man 3 video game includes two bonus Marvel villains: Morbius and Shriek.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5209

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?c...%5Fid=B230070A

Here are the features as mentioned in the above link:

Possess the never-before-experienced powers of Black-Suited Spider-Man. Feel the adrenaline as your powers explode in the role of Black-Suited Spider-Man—unleashing incredible agility, amazing durability and awe-inspiring web abilities. But be warned—the rush your intensified powers bring could overwhelm you.

More freedom than ever. More city than ever. For the first time, enjoy unprecedented freedom—choosing what you want to do, when you want to do it. There’s no checklist to complete in order to progress. You set your own next goal, roaming anywhere you want—including subterranean areas such as subways, sewers and villains’ lairs—in the most massive, detailed New York City ever seen in a Spider-Man game.

Experience an all-new combat system, two exciting ways. Redesigned from the ground up, a unique combat system empowers both Spider-Man and Black-Suited Spider-Man to perform suit-specific powers and abilities. State of the art animations, combos and finishers make punch, kick and web attacks more super-heroic than ever. Battle 10 of Spider-Man’s most infamous enemies from the movie and Marvel® universe, including Sandman™ and Venom.™

Wii version delivers the sensation of swinging through the city via the Wii Remote™ and Wii Nunchuk.™ It’s like nothing you’ve ever experienced before on the Wii. Two bonus Marvel villains: Morbius™ and Shriek.™

Awesome

Also: Super Paper Mario out in April in America!!! - There is no Gamecube version anymore.

Chris M

Well I purchased the Classic controller and Super Mario Land is, as expected, very good with that. I like how it has a big D-Pad like the NES and unlike the Wiimote and GameCube controllers. Those tiny ones suck. It looks like that mysterious part makes it attach to something, but I have no idea what. I'm sure they'll release something for it in the future. I'm not a fan of where those Z buttons are though. Not sure where they should put them, but it just doesn't feel right. Anyone know if you have to use the Z button on the GC controller for N64 games, or do you use the L-trigger? I'm guessing you can't use the L-trigger . . . am I right? And does the cord coming out the bottom bother anyone else, or is it just me?

Anyways, nice to hear about Super Paper Mario. I will definitely get that as soon as I can. Spider-Man also is looking pretty good. I feel the urge to get Mario Party 8, TMNT, Super Paper Mario, and Spider-Man in the next few months, but that will be too much money. I think I'll drop Mario Party for now at least.

You can use the L trigger on the Gamecube controller in place of the Z button for N64 games.

For Mario Kart, i find using the Y button for weapons instead of L is easier though.
    MattOnDemand.com

Quote Originally Posted by He-Matt View Post
    You can use the L trigger on the Gamecube controller in place of the Z button for N64 games.

For Mario Kart, i find using the Y button for weapons instead of L is easier though.
    That's good news! Now Ocarina of Time will be very enjoyable. It wouldn't be as big a deal as the Super Mario World thing, but it still would have sucked. Good news.