Page 65 of 351 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 8762

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

WHAT A GUY
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Congrats Aussies - you got not only Kid Icarus on the VC today, but Ocarina of Time as well. Enjoy!

*goes back to playing OoT on Gamecube*
    Yeh thats y i wont be buying it as it was released here in oz with wind waker

The Horde Guru of Gaming D-Day V1's Avatar
    I heard Ocarina of Time is being released tomorrow for 1,000 points.
    Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another castle.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Day V1 View Post
    I heard Ocarina of Time is being released tomorrow for 1,000 points.
    You heard correctly. However, since I've already got the collector's edition, this is one major VC title I will be passing up on.
    MattOnDemand.com
    Because even your web browser wants me.

Nobody puts Bautista in the corner.

For anyone interested, Best Buy is supposedly starting their video game clearance markdown today. Not advertised, and limited to in-store quantities, but A LOT of cheap games, many at $2 US!!! Link to the game list of titles & prices:

http://boards.ign.com/nintendo_wii_l...7464936/p1/?27

Better go there early if you hope to find anything - Best Buy opens at 10am. Though don't expect more than half of what's listed to actually be there.....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

GR81 says:

So...anybody can confirm that Ocarina of time is on the VC today?
    This will be the first game i will be getting on the VC since i just finished Zelda: Twilight Princess..............Awesome game
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

The Spider-Man 3 images look great. I've still got my PS3 and a copy of Virtua Fighter 5 on pre-order!

Quote Originally Posted by GR81 View Post
    GR81 says:

So...anybody can confirm that Ocarina of time is on the VC today?
    This will be the first game i will be getting on the VC since i just finished Zelda: Twilight Princess..............Awesome game
    Confirmed.

Arrrrrgh...i'm so tempted to download it...but I already have it on (not only one) but two GameCube discs.
    MattOnDemand.com

If anybody is unsuccessfully looking for Wii points cards, as opposed to using a CC through the shop channel, check Fry's Electronics, if you have one nearby. I was at my local Fry's on Saturday afternoon, and they were nearly falling off the pegs.....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

GR81 says:

Quote Originally Posted by He-Matt View Post
    Confirmed.

Arrrrrgh...i'm so tempted to download it...but I already have it on (not only one) but two GameCube discs.
    2 gamecube discs???

Heroic Warrior
    FINALLY...The Cimmerian HAS GOT HIS WII!!! (had to steal your Schtick for a minute GR81 )

i've been having fun with it all weekend, my family LOVES it - I need to hook up the online stuff though I haven't got a router and right now I'd rather buy another game. Has anyone gotten any skins for their controller - my hands get so sweaty during boxing i think I should get a skin for a better grip - but everywhere I go they are sold out of em.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    GR81 says:

2 gamecube discs???
    Yeah, there were a couple of limited collector's edition discs released for Gamecube, both of which included Ocarania of Time.

First there was a disc that had the original N64 version of Ocarania of Time and a new Master Quest version.

Then later on there was a disc that had 4 full games on it. The original Legend of Zelda from NES, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link from NES, Ocarania of Time from N64, and Majora's Mask from N64 (the Master Quest version of Ocarania was not included on this disc).

I have both discs as well.

On a separate note, to The Cimmerian:
    Congrats on getting a Wii!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

GR81 says:

Oh yeah, forgot about that

Congrat The Cimmerian
    Finally, you are among us

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Yeah, there were a couple of limited collector's edition discs released for Gamecube, both of which included Ocarania of Time.

First there was a disc that had the original N64 version of Ocarania of Time and a new Master Quest version.

Then later on there was a disc that had 4 full games on it. The original Legend of Zelda from NES, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link from NES, Ocarania of Time from N64, and Majora's Mask from N64 (the Master Quest version of Ocarania was not included on this disc).

I have both discs as well.

On a separate note, to The Cimmerian:
    Congrats on getting a Wii!

does anyone know which villains they're adding to the spider-man 3 game? you know, besides sandman and rocket racer, er, new goblin

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    does anyone know which villains they're adding to the spider-man 3 game? you know, besides sandman and rocket racer, er, new goblin
    Howdy

Ten villians (I think) is all that has been stated. We know Sandman, New Goblin and Venom will appear. For Wii Morbius and Shriek are present. I would also wager Shocker makes a return but since there are loads to choose from it is to hard to predict.

Chris M
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

Scorpion's a boss (non-Wii) as well, according to some gamer mags.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Downloaded Ocarina of Time and it's great! I'm just about done Zelda for NES (just need to duel Ganon in the first quest), Zelda TP is done (only need to collect poes and bugs), so now I get to play Ocarina of Time

I've also just filled out my channels on the first page and it looks rad . The four VC games I have are Legend of Zelda (NES), Super Mario World (SNES), Donkey Kong Country (SNES), and Ocarina of Time (N64). I'm going to try to stick to the quality titles only. Though I was tempted for a bit to take a crack at Kid Icarus (NES) because of how hard people say it is. But now with OOT I won't have time (plus I still need to finish the other games I have).

And I like the controls for OOT with the Gamecube controller better. It's also nice how the have the C buttons mapped to Y, Z, and X. I don't like using the anolog stick on the Classic Contoller, just doesn't feel comfortable. Probably because it is so low. So I guess I'll use the GC controller for all N64 games and the CC for everything else. Works for me.

EDIT - Also wanted to mention that there is a lot more music in Twilight Princess from Ocarina of Time than I thought! I didn't play OOT too much before and only picked out a few, but now everything sounds familiar
    Last edited by PanMan; February 27, 2007 at 01:17am.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

any reason why you have yet to get Zelda: A Link to the Past???
    MattOnDemand.com

OK maybe I am just stupid but how is a modified PS3 (removal of the emotion engine) every bit as powerful as a regular PS3?

Its almost like they are saying they could take this thing out and it would be equal, but if thats the case why is it in any of the systems to begin with

Is there seriously something in there that could not have been and thus the price be lowered?

Sony Confirms PS3 Chip Removal – Won’t Confirm Number Of Incompatible Games
    http://news.spong.com/article/11907

On the removal of the Emotion Engine and Graphics Synthesiser chips

“The original PS3 used the Emotion Engine/Graphics Synthesiser to emulate PS2 titles. With the latest European specification we have removed the Emotion Engine, retaining the graphics chip.

“The PS3 launching in Europe is every bit as powerful as the PS3s available currently in North America and Japan. PS3 is defined by key features such as the CELL broadband engine, its Blu-ray drive, the SIXAXIS Controller and its ability to output full 1080P HD game content which makes it an entertainment system for the future, without equal.”
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

GR81 says:

Since i never played Ocarina of time, nor ever saw how it looked before, i was a bit dissapointed since i am going from Twilight to Ocarina.

Twilight graphics, music and gameplay is awesome.
    I just dont like mini link and i hope all future Zelda games will be base on Twilight and not Ocarina or Wind Waker

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    GR81 says:

Since i never played Ocarina of time, nor ever saw how it looked before, i was a bit dissapointed since i am going from Twilight to Ocarina.

I just dont like mini link and i hope all future Zelda games will be base on Twilight and not Ocarina or Wind Waker
    You become Adult Link later on in Ocarina. That is why it is called 'Ocarina of Time'. You actually use the ocarina to jump back and forth through time, between young Link and adult Link. I, too, prefer the look of adult Link, but I really like how this game jumps back and forth between the two.

The time travel stuff becomes really interesting later on. For example, to access some areas, you will go back in time, plant some seeds, then return to the future, and have a large vine or something to climb on in order to get to where you need to go.

Yeah, the graphics aren't as good as Twilight Princess, but Ocarina is an N64 game, so it's just not going to look nearly as good. It is still a fun game and it gets better as it goes.

You may be disapointed now, but stick it out a little longer. I think it's highly likely that you will come to like it a lot as it progresses.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    You become Adult Link later on in Ocarina. That is why it is called 'Ocarina of Time'. You actually use the ocarina to jump back and forth through time, between young Link and adult Link. I, too, prefer the look of adult Link, but I really like how this game jumps back and forth between the two.

The time travel stuff becomes really interesting later on. For example, to access some areas, you will go back in time, plant some seeds, then return to the future, and have a large vine or something to climb on in order to get to where you need to go.
    Howdy

Sorry to be picky but the Ocarina doesn't so much allow you to travel through time but more the actual Temple of Time does. As, as you know, replacing the Master Sword makes you travel back seven years and vice-versa.

You correct on the interesting aspects the time travel brings though. With young Link Zora's Domain is serene and how it should be, Adult Link though we find it frozen. Also the Spirit Temple....its great that this can only be completed as young Link and the adult Link.

OOT is far superior to TP in many respects. Sure the graphics can't match up but as far as narrative and pacing goes not forgetting dungeons and character interaction OOT can't be beat.

Chris M
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

Quote Originally Posted by shigsy2003 View Post
    Howdy

Ten villians (I think) is all that has been stated. We know Sandman, New Goblin and Venom will appear. For Wii Morbius and Shriek are present. I would also wager Shocker makes a return but since there are loads to choose from it is to hard to predict.

Chris M
    Quote Originally Posted by galmorzu View Post
    Scorpion's a boss (non-Wii) as well, according to some gamer mags.
    so different systems are getting different bosses? those punks! guess i'll have to wait a little while before deciding which copy to get (assuming i've got a wii by then)

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    GR81 says:

It gets better...trust me.

It's kind of like TP in that it starts off a bit slow...but gets better as you progress...but Ocarina has a waaay better pacing.

-------------

On another note, this is the console WARS thread, so I think I'm going to spice things up a bit...

First, Nintendo's prez...

Reggie's Take on PlayStation 3 Troubles
    2/24/2007, 2:12am Eastern Time

Reggie Fils-Aime wants to make one thing clear. At E3 2006, the line to play Sony's PlayStation 3 was not short. "They had no line," Nintendo of America's president and COO told SpikeTV's Game Head. "Let's be clear."

With Wii still selling out across the country, Fils-Aime may be feeling more comfortable taking his shots. Whatever the reason, he certainly has his opinions on Wii and its competitors. For one, he thinks Sony may have miscalculated its target audience with PS3.

"First off, expensive device. Very expensive device," said Fils-Aime, regarding the $600 PS3. "I believe that their proposition was based on this being essentially a cheap Blu-ray player. Well the fact is I don't have a motivation to play Blu-ray. So they've got some core fundamental issues with their strategy. Those are their problems to sort through."

If Sony is having problems and Nintendo is catching Microsoft's one-year head start, Nintendo is clearly the next-generation winner, right? "Absolutely not," said Fils-Aime. "We have won the first round. The analogy in sports is it's the first inning or first round. But this is a long game.

"The person who is going to win in this, quite frankly, is the consumer," said Fils-Aime, "because they are going to have a range of choices. In our view some that are highly innovative and maybe some that are not. But certainly the consumer is the one that is going to win."

---------------

In reply to Reggie, Sony's PS guy had something to say...

Sony Prez: 'Nintendo Should Learn From Us"
    Posted by sjohnson - Monday, February 26, 2007 12:19 PM

Sony President Phil Harrison recently chopped it up with Game Daily, and the plucky executive in charge of the PlayStation 3 says he has no regrets about the launch or performance of the next-gen game system. He also said Nintendo has something to learn from Sony about how to make videogame systems.

"I think Nintendo, although I am very respectful of the innovation in Wii, and I think everybody should be respectful of it, I'm not sure that it has the technology base to propel that platform in the long-term. So I think their platform lifecycle is inherently going to be shorter, so they could have learned from us in terms of the high technology approach," Harrison said.

"I don't really care about the negativity in the press; if it was true, if they were talking about real big issues that were genuine criticisms, then of course we'll address them, but there's nothing that bothers me," Harrison said.

Harrison goes on to imply that the fact you can walk into a store and buy a PS3 right now but you won't find a Wii is due to Sony's superior supply chain, and not a lack of demand.

" I know we are achieving our goals of keeping the market supplied and working closely with retailers to make sure they get informed about when supplies are coming in so that they can match their internal and external communications to store managers and consumers about when to buy a PS3. If that means that for Wednesday through Friday there were a few machines on a shelf in a store in Milwaukee, great," Harrison said.

As far as the rumble that's so important to some gamersm, Harrison said: "Rumble I think was the last generation feature; it's not the next-generation feature. I think motion sensitivity is."

----------

Now, let me to tell you, I found this on the IGNPS3GB and the thread has 6 pages and EVERYONE is chastizing Mr. Harrison. It was very surprising see everyone call BS on what Sony had to say.
    Last edited by hemanrep; February 27, 2007 at 02:51pm.

I agree, I dont know why Sony thinks that spin will make things better. I really want them to succeed because it means better quality games but I think some honesty on their end would do them a world of good.

They were the ones who were basically claiming the console wars were over with the arrival of the PS3, it backfired (and we all know by 2008 or 2009 the PS3 will be in better standing that in Q1 2007) as its got some work to do to get the saturation I guess they think they were "owed" from the marketplace.

And now that there is the least bit of competition you have the blinders put on by the PR machines and they are still acting as if they are dominating....reminds me of Microsoft's attitude towards OS X and how it would be a nothing system and yet it did not go away and even has moved some people over.

This is utter bs:

"If that means that for Wednesday through Friday there were a few machines on a shelf in a store in Milwaukee, great"

Try Maryland, DC, Virginia, Iowa, Florida.... I get so tired of Sony and its defenders acting as if the PS3 surplus is a purely hick/rural/midwest event because its not.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback